As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] [Chat] There must always be a bitching

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    oh shit you are on ysera?

Jars on
  • BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    herpa derp derp derp

Bikkstah on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Me too, but my account is about to go inactive and I can't do anything about it right now.

Jars on
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So you get Arena points for BGs now?

Vincent Grayson on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    You have been getting arena points for the BG daily for quite a while now.

reVerse on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I think it was one of the minor patches between 3.2 and 3.3 and it was only for doing the daily.

Seg on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    There was nothing for V-Day in Dalaran.

The screenshot two posts after yours is from Dalaran and it makes it very apparent.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I haven't been able to get a clear answer from "the Google" on when and how the pre-Cataclysm changes will be taking place. Also, I was wondering how much of the Wrath content is going to change for the new expansion (I ask because none of my characters have made it to Wrath territory yet).

Also, just out of curiosity... but for those more plugged into the WoW player community than I, what is the general consensus on the upcoming (or relatively new) plot advancement?

Curly_Brace on
    edited February 2010
    Northrend will be untouched by Cataclysm, as will Outland. 3.5.5 patch seems to be the start of the pre-Cata events and is probably a few months away.

My thoughts on Cata are that it's garbage, lore-wise. They've hit the end of the lore from the original games and are now integrating aspects of the shitty comic book into the game to keep the fuel going.

Bikkstah on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I haven't been able to get a clear answer from "the Google" on when and how the pre-Cataclysm changes will be taking place. Also, I was wondering how much of the Wrath content is going to change for the new expansion (I ask because none of my characters have made it to Wrath territory yet).

I don't think there's been any announcements on the schedule.

I've heard there are random earthquakes in the game now, but I haven't seen any (but I don't wander around Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdoms a lot). We'll probably see incremental changes with each minor patch they do periodically, until they do the megapatch a month before the expansion proper launches.

Edit:
    My thoughts on Cata are that it's garbage, lore-wise. They've hit the end of the lore from the original games and are now integrating aspects of the shitty comic book into the game to keep the fuel going.

Yeah, I'm not a fan either.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    edited February 2010
    Thank goodness for terrible lore... really, it's the main reason I'm not willing to plop down 60 or 70 to play Wrath just yet.

Curly_Brace on
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, if only Deathwing had made his first appearance in, say, Warcraft II or something. But nope, no, damn those comic books and Blizzard killing Artharoth, the only true bad guy in the Warcraft lore.

reVerse on
  • WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

I may have missed it, but what parts of Cata are derived from the comics? Deathwing has been around since WC2 and his hatred for pretty much everything isn't something that has come about due to the comics.

That being said I do not read the comics so as I said I may have missed something.

WingedWeasel on
    edited February 2010
    I know he was in WCII. I'm talking about Thrall becoming the Guardian of Tirisfal, Garrosh taking over...etc.

And also, fighting the same dude three times gets old, no matter how "fresh" his lore may be. Almost got him in the War of the Ancients. Woops. Almost got him in WC2. Woops. Oh shit he's back again.

Ragnaros 2.0, heroic SFK/Deadmines = boring.

Bikkstah on
    edited February 2010
    I'm more annoyed by the following in Cata than anything else:
    Thrall put on a bus, Bloodhoof getting killed, and the plot generally focusing on Wrynn more than anyone else.

Curly_Brace on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    Blizzard's chance to redeem the lore was with Wrath. They started strong and failed miserably.

The core of Cata is fine (DEATHWING SMASH), but it will be filled to the brim with stupid sidelore shit and then we have the entirely unnatural return of Horde vs. Alliance conflict. Hey guys, let's make this guy we only really introduced last expansion since his behavior is totally different from TBC and make him Warchief so he and our other recently introduced guy from the comic can make angry faces at each other!

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, they really fucked up the end of WOTLK nicely with the Dallas season 8 ending.

Bikkstah on
    edited February 2010
    Thrall put on a bus, Bloodhoof getting killed, and the plot generally focusing on Wrynn more than anyone else.

Wait what is this about the second thing you said. And also I haven't seen much evidence of the third thing, maybe I'm just not paying enough attention? I haven't heard that anything notable is supposed to happen with him. If so it was like one sentence in a paragraph summarizing the general direction of events, not "this is what we are focusing all our creative energy on."

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, they really fucked up the end of WOTLK nicely with the Dallas season 8 ending.

Bolvar shot J.R.?

reVerse on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It's a bit early to say what the story of an expansion is going to be like when we haven't even gotten the prelude yet.

815165 on
    edited February 2010
    If trolls get their own city the expansion's story is a-okay with me.

reVerse on
    edited February 2010

Wait what is this about the second thing you said. And also I haven't seen much evidence of the third thing, maybe I'm just not paying enough attention? I haven't heard that anything notable is supposed to happen with him. If so it was like one sentence in a paragraph summarizing the general direction of events, not "this is what we are focusing all our creative energy on."

I've read multiple sources state the following:
    Garrosh Hellscream kills Carine Bloodhoof, becomes the leader of the Horde. Thrall gets put on a buss to Tristfal (or worse). This is all done because Blizz wants Alliance = good and Horde = eeeevil for the movie or WC4 or someuch.

Curly_Brace on
    edited February 2010
    Got any links that are more than just rumors? I don't see why that would be necessary. And again, there's nothing about Varian in that.

UncleSporky on
    edited February 2010
    I can't imagine why they'd change one faction to being the bad guys after putting in so much effort for things to not be like that.

815165 on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Not to mention
    Garrosh kicking everyone but the orcs and tauren out of the center of Orgrimmar. Yeah, real bright idea. Kick out the orcs closest and first real ally, the Trolls, and take in the Tauren who you betrayed to prevent anyone from going to Saurfang in Northrend and telling them you're doing exactly what Saurfang threatened to take you out for doing.

Even more insulting is that they're jamming Alliance vs Horde conflict in the best they can. And the only way to do that was to make the Horde NOT run by a level headed person.
    If trolls get their own city the expansion's story is a-okay with me.
    Probably not.

The Muffin Man on
    edited February 2010
    815165 wrote: »
    I can't imagine why they'd change one faction to being the bad guys after putting in so much effort for things to not be like that.

Possibly because their writers are talentless hacks.

reVerse on
    edited February 2010
    Not to mention
    Garrosh kicking everyone but the orcs and tauren out of the center of Orgrimmar. Yeah, real bright idea. Kick out the orcs closest and first real ally, the Trolls, and take in the Tauren who you betrayed to prevent anyone from going to Saurfang in Northrend and telling them you're doing exactly what Saurfang threatened to take you out for doing.

Even more insulting is that they're jamming Alliance vs Horde conflict in the best they can. And the only way to do that was to make the Horde NOT run by a level headed person.
    The recent stuff with the Trolls is making me wonder if they do get kicked out. Maybe Garrosh will be instrumental in the Trolls taking back the Echo Isles, blues have said he will be doing things in the future that would enamor him to the Horde and that would certainly increase my opinion of the stupid jerk.

edit: I think if they do want to increase the tension between the factions, the changes brought on by the Cataclysm making vital resources scarce is the best way to do it. It's a sort of justifiable tension; everyone is just acting in their own best interests.

815165 on
    edited February 2010
    Wrong season.

Bikkstah on
    edited February 2010
    Spoilers in links:

See Here

And Here

Mind you the first site there claims "reliable sources" ...so take it with a grain of salt.

Curly_Brace on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    Garrosh doing something nice is not going to magically make me like him becoming a racist at seemingly random.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Blizzard's chance to redeem the lore was with Wrath. They started strong and failed miserably.

The core of Cata is fine (DEATHWING SMASH), but it will be filled to the brim with stupid sidelore shit and then we have the entirely unnatural return of Horde vs. Alliance conflict. Hey guys, let's make this guy we only really introduced last expansion since his behavior is totally different from TBC and make him Warchief so he and our other recently introduced guy from the comic can make angry faces at each other!

That's exactly it.

Edit: Although, I also agree about making horde more like one dimensional baddies, and making Wrynn the sole star of the show is bad too.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I can't wait for the part in Cata when King Douchenozzle gets killed and his son takes over. Where he ushers in a new age of peace and prosperity!

Of course, non of that is true, or even likely to happen. The boy king did get a make over, so it's also possible.
    I guess he gets his megachin from his dickbag dad.

anduin.jpg

he kind of reminds me of:
    CrimsonChin.jpg

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It's about time he got a new model. He's been 5 years old for at least 5 years now.

Kreutz on
    edited February 2010
    Spoilers in links:

See Here

And Here

Mind you the first site there claims "reliable sources" ...so take it with a grain of salt.

Hmm. The first was prior to Blizzcon and predicted this plot point would be announced, which it wasn't. And the second merely cites the first. I don't buy it just yet. Leaving? Maybe.

UncleSporky on
    edited February 2010
    He looks cross-eyed. Also, DK eyes?

Bikkstah on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Onyxia must have punched him in the face before she left.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
    edited February 2010
    To be fair he did get the short end of the genetic stick.

Can't say that about Garrosh.

815165 on
    edited February 2010
    Spoilers in links:

See Here

And Here

Hmm. The first was prior to Blizzcon and predicted this plot point would be announced, which it wasn't. And the second merely cites the first. I don't buy it just yet. Leaving? Maybe.

*Checks dates of posts.* Oh. Heh. I'm an idiot.

It IS confirmed
    Carine is no longer in TB
    in the latest patch so this will no doubt fuel the speculation.

Curly_Brace on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

You think that's bad? No one had even heard of Orgrim Doomhammer before in WC1, so suddenly he's Warchief in 2? Way to fuck up the lore, Blizzard!

Javen on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Personally I'm of the opinion that
    One of two scenarios will play out. During whatever Troll movement in 3.3.3 Garrosh will do something completely badass so suddenly no one minds that he runs things, or Thrall will name Cairne Warchief when he leaves, Garrosh (and most other orcs) will get completely pissed the role of warchief is being outsourced to a non-Orc and straight up murder Cairne

Javen on
This discussion has been closed.