As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] [Chat] There must always be a bitching

• GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Apart from being 5 years old, are there really any significant problems with the layouts of SFK/DM that need to be fixed? They have been two dungeons that I've never found a reason to complain about.

Gumpy on
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Didn't they say Heroic DM and SFK would be set later in the storyline or was that just a rumor? (Though if I remember right, all WotLK heroics were originally stated to take place later in the storyline than the normal versions, but that wasn't true either).
    If so, I could see them just doing a minor alteration to the layout (possibly) but completly redoing all the bosses and trash. Getting Arugal to still be the boss of SFK is easy since he was revived and we can use the excuse that we only killed his Shade and not him (instead of going with the idea that he was only revived as a shade). No idea how they'd get VanCleef back though, which makes the idea that they take place later in the story less likely (because really, DM without Vancleef? Bah!).

Lars on
  • GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I Actually thought the 'after boss patrols' in Dead Mines were pretty unique.

And pretty painful the first time I encountered them.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    There is a difference here, one that someone halfway intelligent might realize.

... really?

Really?

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Lars wrote: »
    Didn't they say Heroic DM and SFK would be set later in the storyline or was that just a rumor? (Though if I remember right, all WotLK heroics were originally stated to take place later in the storyline than the normal versions, but that wasn't true either).
    If so, I could see them just doing a minor alteration to the layout (possibly) but completly redoing all the bosses and trash. Getting Arugal to still be the boss of SFK is easy since he was revived and we can use the excuse that we only killed his Shade and not him (instead of going with the idea that he was only revived as a shade). No idea how they'd get VanCleef back though, which makes the idea that they take place later in the story less likely (because really, DM without Vancleef? Bah!).

You fight Edwin VanCleef's brother, Bob VanCleef.

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Bob is corrupted by an old god.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    You chopped off a fake head

He is that good at playing a rogue

Gumpy on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Naphtali wrote: »

You fight Edwin VanCleef's younger brother, John Wilkes VanCleef.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Gnutson wrote: »
    I Actually thought the 'after boss patrols' in Dead Mines were pretty unique.

And pretty painful the first time I encountered them.

For a long time, Deadmines was the only dungeon I had ever done, and I assumed I'd be watching my back for pats in every dungeon.

Anyway if we are going to dream about changes made to Deadmines, I want the path to the ship to be shorter to compensate for a longer ending portion. The ship is much bigger and you enter through a hole blown in the side for a boss fight (Smite probably). Suddenly the ship takes off out of the cave and you have to fight your way up several decks to Van Cleef. As you arrive he is coming around to Stormwind and you have to kill him before he can cause significant damage.

I guess there's no incentive for the horde to do that, though, but there wasn't incentive for them to do DM before either.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010

John Wilkes VanCleef didn't have slow fall and broke his leg though.

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

John Wilkes VanCleef didn't have safe fall and broke his leg though.

Fixed.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Dead mines was the very first dungeon I did as a stealth run 3 druids and 2 rogues it was beyond fun
    When the chest dropped off him the arguement was memorable as well. I found it funny that every mob we killed droped either a cat or parrot in the room with the boat

Brainleech on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I would love to see them add Wrath style maps to older instances. Even with Atlas I get so fucking lost in Wailing Caverns.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I would love to see them add Wrath style maps to older instances. Even with Atlas I get so fucking lost in Wailing Caverns.

Hell yes
    I hate wandering around trying to remember where to go and where I am in that place

I made the joke they should have a guide to help you through that instance that druid that buffs you at the start should do it

Brainleech on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Many new players have entered Wailing Caverns. Few have returned.

Langly on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Despite the maze I do like the atmosphere, feeling like it's a real cave.

It's just not conducive at all for a dungeon.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm still in there right now.

edit: my first ever character was deleted during a WC run, four fucking hours in that place made me quit this game.

Oh Kulduk, level 17 Orc warrior, I will remember you!

815165 on
  • orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010

It's as if they felt like Barrens didn't have enough running around, so they had you run in circles within the instance as well.

orthancstone on
    PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

It's as if they felt like Barrens didn't have enough running around, so they had you run in circles within the instance as well.

someone misses that jump and people start hearthing because "fuck this shit"

Seg on
    edited February 2010
    To this day as soon as I hit the little area where the thunder-beast-kodo thing is I get completely fucking lost.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Seg wrote: »

Yeah, I was one of the people falling to my death :/

orthancstone on
    PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, I have an amazing sense of direction and practically never get lost.

Wailing Caverns is literally the one and only place in WoW that I get lost in.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I like to think if all they were doing was adding more loot and updating health bars, they would be giving us way more heroic old school dungeons than just Deadmines and Shadowfang.

Javen on
    edited February 2010
    Arkan wrote: »

There and BRD are the only places I still get lost.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Arkan wrote: »

There and BRD are the only places I still get lost.

I got lost in BRD the first couple times but by now I've memorized it.

ps. Fuck the alliance Onyxia chain and fuck Jailbreak.

Arkan on
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
    edited February 2010
    The first razorfen is pretty bad too.

bowen on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Seg wrote: »

Yeah, I was one of the people falling to my death :/

Oh man I forgot about that jump. What sadist thought of that?

Langly on
    edited February 2010
    It's actually not that bad. It looks complicated but it's basically a straight line with a short branch at the beginning that a warrior quest mob is hiding in. It just looks complicated because the end of the line turns around and runs around the beginning of it.

The map for it is pretty much an ampersand (&)

Arkan on
    edited February 2010
    I remember my first time in BFD getting so frustrated with that one jump section over the water. Then I relised I could just swim over to the other side and everything was fine.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2010
    I remember my first time in BFD getting so frustrated with that one jump section over the water. Then I relised I could just swim over to the other side and everything was fine.
    Someone always misses that jump every time I run that instance. Though to be fair it's usually me.

815165 on
    edited February 2010

It was even better when you had to wait 5-10 minutes for that one hunter or rogue to try and accomplish it. And then go "yeah just swim over here and climb up."

bowen on
    edited February 2010
    Also, Gnomer was hell for a long time.

Changing the subject for a minute, I just bought a new computer. Should be here in a few days.
    I don't have to install both vanilla and tbc prior to Wrath right? Wrath disc has both on there?
    All I should need from the previous two is the key's right?

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2010
    I think the CDs required the previous installs, though I'm not sure.

If I were you I'd download the wrath installer from the account manager @ worldofwarcraft.com

bowen on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Changing the subject for a minute, I just bought a new computer. Should be here in a few days.
    I don't have to install both vanilla and tbc prior to Wrath right? Wrath disc has both on there?
    All I should need from the previous two is the key's right?

Yes, as I understand, WotLK has the vanilla and TBC data. However, you don't even need the keys, considering your account already knows them.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    edited February 2010
    I thought you needed the keys during the install process.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm kind of the tour guide for my guild when people want to go grab their old world achievements.
    My only rules are "No Uldaman" and "No Maraudon" because I don't know my way around those at all. Even with the portal to the end of Maraudon I still got lost before finding the final boss.

I could probably learn them if I actually tried (I mean, I've got BRD and Gnomer memorized so anything's possible), but I honestly don't think I've been to either more than three or four times and they are run so rarely there was never a need or desire to.

Lars on
    edited February 2010
    I just reinstalled only using the Wrath DVD, saves so much time.
    I'm kind of the tour guide for my guild when people want to go grab their old world achievements.
    My only rules are "No Uldaman" and "No Maraudon" because I don't know my way around those at all. Even with the portal to the end of Maraudon I still got lost before finding the final boss.
    You should check out the Indiana Jones shit in Uldaman, that's pretty fun.

815165 on
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Uldaman is stupidly easy to get around. I did it in 10 minutes last night on my 80. Maraudon is about the same length if you take the portal in. Maybe shorter.

Samphis on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I thought you needed the keys during the install process.

Nope. It only uses them for creating accounts or adding expansions to your account.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    edited February 2010
    Awesome.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.