As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] [Chat] There must always be a bitching

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, the keys are for the account, not the game install. Which is why you can do stuff like loan your CDs out for friends to install, or just download the client for free online.

Javen on
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Very old copies of vanilla WoW ask for keys during install, actually. I know mine do and they're patch 1.7 era disks.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    I think the CDs required the previous installs, though I'm not sure.

If I were you I'd download the wrath installer from the account manager @ worldofwarcraft.com

This was alot easier imo. When i got my new PC last year I just did straight from the account manager. Dl'd in no time.

As for WC. I got lost there recently... on my 80. Took me way longer then it should (finishing up old dunegeon achievements). I got so flustered and impatient one night i decided to log out in the instance and come back later. That way i was back at the starting point....

Never going back there again!

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Changing the subject for a minute, I just bought a new computer. Should be here in a few days.
    I don't have to install both vanilla and tbc prior to Wrath right? Wrath disc has both on there?
    All I should need from the previous two is the key's right?

You could just copy your current WoW install over to the new comp. It's completely isolated to its own directory so as long as you have the ability, you can just use the same copy on the new computer.

orthancstone on
    PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    MEGAMERICANMEGAMERICAN Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    After doing an instance once or twice I typically never forget where to go.

This weekend I did WC for the first time in years on my young rogue and ended up leading and tanking the majority of the instance. Our tanks kept leaving, DCing so we ended up going through 4 of them before finishing. Most of the time I had to tank because we were waiting for a new tank and waiting for the tank to find his way towards us.

I'll never forget BRD because of all the time I spent there farming dark iron ore and soloing a few bosses on my old account.

MEGAMERICAN on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Samphis wrote: »
    Uldaman is stupidly easy to get around. I did it in 10 minutes last night on my 80. Maraudon is about the same length if you take the portal in. Maybe shorter.

The only tricky thing about the last bit of Maraudon is the spiral cave up to the last boss. There are two different paths, and if you miss the one that takes you around to the actual end you can get pretty lost. The opening kind of blends in with the rest of the cave, so it's particularly difficult to see when you're coming back down.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The problem with Maraudon is that the caves are unnecessarily huge and then have these little side paths that are extremely easy to miss sticking off to the side.

Arkan on
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Re: Maraudon

I was so happy when I found out that Mara was split into 3 for low level LFD tool usage.

Of course, if there's a wipe in there and no wipe recovery is used, you may as well disband and reform the group because people are going to get lost as all hell getting back to it.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Days of Maraudon... I hated that place (Vanilla and TBC). Usually ended up only one person going to there and 4 waiting for summons... or:

/p ok anyone got the rod?
    group: no
    /sigh

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Neyla wrote: »
    Days of Maraudon... I hated that place (Vanilla and TBC). Usually ended up only one person going to there and 4 waiting for summons... or:

/p ok anyone got the rod?
    group: no
    /sigh

It was worse in the days when meeting stones were still a gimped LFD and not summoning stones.

Arkan on
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    One real fun part of wiping on Mara is that when you run back... you know how when you're a ghost everything is black and white? And the two instance portals are surrounded by either Orange or Purple crystals? And color is the only way to tell them apart? Yeah. I suddenly felt a lot of sympathy for colorblind players.

Heaven forbid you wipe in the third portion of the instance. Because the portal to get there you can't use while dead.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, that was when I started using Divine Intervention.

Arkan on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    People that think uldaman/maraudon take a long time need to go back to wailing caverns. That place takes 2 hours at lv20.

Jars on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Jars wrote: »
    People that think uldaman/maraudon take a long time need to go back to wailing caverns. That place takes 2 hours at lv20.

One run of WC put me off running instances for about a months. I thought they were all like that.

jackal on
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Has the new honor cost of the PVP mounts been posted anywhere yet? Are the PVP changes up on the PTR? If so, I might convert over to PTR tonight.

Samphis on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    jackal wrote: »
    Jars wrote: »

One run of WC put me off running instances for about a months. I thought they were all like that.

I can say that the WC runs I had on my priest were relatively fast, but I'm pretty sure the tanks were old school alts who'd run the place a hundred times. This also occured in the single Gnomer run I've been on (and I'm pretty sure we skipped bosses).

Nobody on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    With venturing into SFK for the holiday bosses and talk of WC I realized that I've forgotten the layout of a majority of the below lvl 50 instances. I remember the above 50 ones due to soloing them often for rep and stuff and I remember WC vividly due to spending 4 hours running it in beta, but besides that I don't remember much. I completely forgot the "go to the side to start" part of SFK, for example.

Opty on
  • Options
    FloowidFloowid Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Sunken Temple. Ugh. When I was leveling my mage through the upper 40s I got ST a lot. Nobody knew where to go or what to do. Upstairs, downstairs, activate the statues, optional bosses etc. that place still confuses me.

Floowid on
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    wow man I totally forgot ST existed it's been so long since I've ran that one. Maraudon is still in my memory I guess because it was newishly added in vanilla.

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    DM east used to give me trouble.

East is the one with the Satyrs, right?

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Sunken Temple is so confusing because you start on the middle level and have 4 choices of direction right off the bat. And all the quests are kind of randomly scattered about, and all of them require you to kill 6 guys or flip 3 switches or whatever.

captaink on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    DM east used to give me trouble.

East is the one with the Satyrs, right?

Yeah. North was the dick, east was okay I think.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Really? North was way more straight forward in my experience. East was multiple levels and blah blah blah.

I did like the tunnels that led from one instance to the other. Always thought that was kind of cool.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah I just hated North though. The plant room in east was a dick when it was level appropriate.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I never fully ran East in vanilla, I only ran it to get mages their upgraded mage water. I didn't fully finish it until I could solo it in TBC.

Opty on
  • Options
    RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Man I loved DM north, I would run it with a group of friends, pladin, rogue, mage, lock, and me a warrior. I would run it constantly trying to get Quel. Never did see it. The rogue eventually quit the game so I leveled a rogue to unlock the door.

RedDawn on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I played an engineer druid, so in North, I'd stealth to grab the key in the box for the one door, and then blow up the other door.

Who needs rogues anyway? :D

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    This was one LFD group I just had(excluding myself):
    Unholygrale the 0/0/60 unholy DK. Grale. Grale? Hmm...
    Eskeletor who is *drumroll* Undead! There are 18 or so Eskeletors in existence... Jesus.
    Sparklybutt. Speaks for itself.
    Longthirdleg. Yeah. Tradition dictates I should mention he's a hunter.

Monsty on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Monsty wrote: »
    Sparklybutt. Speaks for itself.

NPCs can group with PCs with the LFD tool?

bowen on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    I dunno if I can resist the Wind Rider Cub. It's a plushie WITH a non-combat pet.

Oh lawd...

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ok so I was skiing all weekend and I missed all the last 20 pages of the thread, but I did catch this gem about random battlegrounds and the REMOVAL OF BATTLEGROUND MARKS OF HONOR!

OMG

OMG

OMG

OH YES

FUCK ME!

I just jizzed my pants.

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So, how's that dinging 80 and quitting the game going for ya?

>.>

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I used the LFD tool 3 times yesterday. Each time I said to the group "Everyone roll need on the Frozen Orb." Everyone did. And somehow I won the frozen orb every single time.

Hooray for small victories.

SteevL on
  • Options
    BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Samphis wrote: »
    Has the new honor cost of the PVP mounts been posted anywhere yet? Are the PVP changes up on the PTR? If so, I might convert over to PTR tonight.

No prices yet, the PVP changes are sort of up on the PTR. The random BG feature is still fucked up, the call to arms is working correctly but still giving marks. Not sure if that is intended or not. It's impossible to do Wintergrasp because the servers are flooded with 10 year old boys playing their first level 80 in free ToC gear. I'm surprised Blizzard still uses the PTR, it's filled with people running 10 man Naxx and other dumb crap.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Speaking of Dire Maul. Best boss/mob qoute in WoW (imo):

"You put the tanin in the basket or you get the club again!"

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Neyla wrote: »
    Speaking of Dire Maul. Best boss/mob qoute in WoW (imo):

"You put the tanin in the basket or you get the club again!"

So much lime.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    No, Ragnaros' little speech is the winner.

reVerse on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    More recently, I did that first ICC 5 man for the first time last week or the week before, and the Devourer's fucking voice is hilarious.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    I had a lot of innervate macros back in the day. A lot were based off the mob lines.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Seen a funny macro this weekend on my frost daily with my lock

The druid had a brez macro that was something like "up, down, left, left, a, b, b, extra life granted!"

Growing up with Nintendo, I laughed a little.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
This discussion has been closed.