As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Search

captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
Is the search restriction of once per 55s necesary anymore? I know at one time there were technical gubbins, and searching taxed the servers extra hard. Is this still the case? I rarely get my search exactly right the first time, so it's annoying having to wait so long for another shot.

Also, is there a way to do an exact phrase search, like "green eggs and ham". Searching that will disqualify me for having 3 letter words.

captaink on

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Also are certain searches being cached?

Brolo on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2010
    Search is generally the most intensive part of the forum software so yes, the minute long search waits are needed to keep the forum server from suiciding.

Generally if your server is dying or slow, the easiest way to get it back to normal is to kill search completely.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2010
    You can search with google, just punch site:forums.penny-arcade.com in front of your search terms

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited February 2010
    captaink wrote: »
    Is the search restriction of once per 55s necesary anymore?

Yes.

Tube on
This discussion has been closed.