As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Will the ATI 5870 fit?

BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
I was just wondering since I've seen the 5890, and it's huge (but that card isn't what I'm after). I have a standard length case (The Antec Sonata III case) and I was wondering, would the 5870 fit in one of those?

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
Bartholamue on

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    You can use photoshop or another program (or even a ruler against your screen) to measure how big the card is on your screen, AND the distance from the front of the card (where the DVI ports are) to the back of the PCI-E connector, then do some math with the ratios to figure out how long the card really is. The distance from the ports to the end of the PCI-E connector is always 5.5 inches.

Just judging it by eye I'd bet the card is about 10.5 or 11 inches long.

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Or, you could just look at the specification section of the card you want to buy. The reference 5870 card is 11.1" long.

stigweard on
  • Options
    Dark ShroudDark Shroud Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The card should fit, if anything it might end up sticking into the hard drive cage.

Dark Shroud on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    If your case is ATX, it should fit. It might be a bit tight.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Alright, thanks for the replies. I'll have to do some measuring but it should fit.

Bartholamue on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It looks like the 5850 will be the one that'll fit (although a bit snug). The 5870 won't fit at all. Thanks all.

Bartholamue on