Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Gay Marriage]: It Hurts Jesus Real Bad

1585960616264»

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Not to bring up a dead thread, but I wanted to post this and it seemed more appropriate than the DADT thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoNiZhAUWcg

MuddBudd on
    steam_sig.png
  • MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Not to bring up a dead thread, but I wanted to post this and it seemed more appropriate than the DADT thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoNiZhAUWcg

That's pretty good.

Melkster on
  • Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2010
    Might as well start a new thread. Tomorrow's the 25th, isn't that when the Prop 8 Trial is supposed to wrap up?

Orochi_Rockman on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So quick question, since the MD thing made me think about it.

Why don't gay marriages fall under the Full faith and credit clause? The one about states respecting other states laws and such?

Kyougu on
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Kyougu wrote: »

Why don't gay marriages fall under the Full faith and credit clause? The one about states respecting other states laws and such?

There's a federal law, the Defense of Marriage Act passed in the 90s that says it doesn't. Whether its constitutional or not on equal protection grounds is debatable but from my understanding the case law supports the bad guys on this one.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    PantsB wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »

There's a federal law, the Defense of Marriage Act passed in the 90s that says it doesn't. Whether its constitutional or not on equal protection grounds is debatable but from my understanding the case law supports the bad guys on this one.

Unfortunately yes. IIRC, Loving v. Virginia was determined on 14th amendment (equal protection) grounds rather than Article IV (full faith and credit) grounds.

Hachface on
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2010
    God Hates 100+ Page Threads!

(feel free to make another one)

ElJeffe on
    Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

I make tweet.
This discussion has been closed.