As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Gay Marriage]: It Hurts Jesus Real Bad

1585960616264»

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Not to bring up a dead thread, but I wanted to post this and it seemed more appropriate than the DADT thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoNiZhAUWcg

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Not to bring up a dead thread, but I wanted to post this and it seemed more appropriate than the DADT thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoNiZhAUWcg

That's pretty good.

Melkster on
  • Options
    Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    Might as well start a new thread. Tomorrow's the 25th, isn't that when the Prop 8 Trial is supposed to wrap up?

Orochi_Rockman on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So quick question, since the MD thing made me think about it.

Why don't gay marriages fall under the Full faith and credit clause? The one about states respecting other states laws and such?

Kyougu on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Kyougu wrote: »

Why don't gay marriages fall under the Full faith and credit clause? The one about states respecting other states laws and such?

There's a federal law, the Defense of Marriage Act passed in the 90s that says it doesn't. Whether its constitutional or not on equal protection grounds is debatable but from my understanding the case law supports the bad guys on this one.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    PantsB wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »

There's a federal law, the Defense of Marriage Act passed in the 90s that says it doesn't. Whether its constitutional or not on equal protection grounds is debatable but from my understanding the case law supports the bad guys on this one.

Unfortunately yes. IIRC, Loving v. Virginia was determined on 14th amendment (equal protection) grounds rather than Article IV (full faith and credit) grounds.

Hachface on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2010
    God Hates 100+ Page Threads!

(feel free to make another one)

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
This discussion has been closed.