As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

X-Men Thread: Regenesis is here, Phil Collins or Peter Gabriel?

• HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Jean Grey and Kitty are both coming back? How will Wolverine chose between both of his true loves?

Hensler on
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    After dropping the book before Utopia, and coming back for Nation X, I am kind of considering dropping it again. Fraction's writing is still weak and very confused, everyone seems really quipy and out of character, and it's all been far too reliant on little niches of x-continuity. I don't know exactly what he's trying to do here, but it just doesn't work for me.

Do you think I'll even be able to read during Second Coming if I don't pick up any of the other series?

HadjiQuest on
  • DisDis Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hensler wrote: »
    Jean Grey and Kitty are both coming back? How will Wolverine chose between both of his true loves?
    He don't because his son Daken will win them due to his pheromes power.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I saw on S_D Fraction has an interview about this storyline, and he says this (I'll put it in spoilers just in case):
    "Mags had it all over Reed and Tony in this case; but if you don't buy that the old man (who used to be an even older man but then wasn't and was good, then evil, then good, then dead, then alive, then dead, then alive but in space and can control magnetism) can bring back a giant, airless, foodless and waterless (Seriously! I should've asked Joss when I had him on the phone - WHAT HAS KITTY BEEN EATING!?!) hollow ghost bullet containing a ghostly girl from deep space, but the man who can stretch his body like silly putty (that got his powers by stealing a rocket and going into near-earth orbit with his college buddy, girlfriend, and her brother) and the billionaire with the billion dollar suit of armor (that used to have transistors and magnets in his chest after stepping on a Vietcong landmine, was then a teenager, then an adult, then infused with a living techbridge that tied him to his armor, then erased his entire brain) couldn't find her...well, when you put it like that, it's a fair cop. Admittedly, when the issue is framed in those terms, I have trouble buying it too."
    He just summed up why I love comics.

Crimsondude on
  • MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Is there any ground to
    Jean coming back
    because I have been hearing that rumor near constantly since 2004, and it hasn't happened yet.

MastaP on
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    MastaP wrote: »

Is there any ground to
    Jean coming back
    because I have been hearing that rumor near constantly since 2004, and it hasn't happened yet.
    Speculation is that the baby Cable raised, Hope, is actually Jean but it's just speculation at this point and nothing is confirmed.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Gonmun wrote: »

Is there any ground to
    Jean coming back
    Speculation is that the baby Cable raised, Hope, is actually Jean but it's just speculation at this point and nothing is confirmed.

Oh, that. They've been saying that for three years now with no real proof.

MastaP on
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Gonmun wrote: »

Is there any ground to
    Jean coming back

Oh, that. They've been saying that for three years now with no real proof.

Why can't Hope just be Hope? Jean Grey needs to stay locked in her room and leave the poor girl alone. If there's . . .
    a second coming of the Dark Phoenix in the form of Hope Summers then someone will pay. In Italics.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Jean Grey should stay dead and bore people with her boringness in the afterlife

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Jean Grey should stay dead long enough for people to say that there's no way they will ever bring her back.

Then they can bring her back. Like Bucky, and Jason Todd.

Tomanta on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Jean Grey should stay dead long enough for people to say that there's no way they will ever bring her back.

Then they can bring her back. Like Bucky, and Jason Todd.

Only one of those worked well.

Furu on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Has it even shown what Hope's powers are besides some sort of blast effect (r something, I forget)

Langly on
  • jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Dis wrote: »
    How has kitty not starved to death of dies of dehydration on the giant bullet by now? Did they pack provisions for her or something, I didn't catch the issue where she phased the giant bullet through the planet.
    Maybe she exists in a kind of stasis while she's intangible.
    The series is in Atonishing X-Men.
    I can't remember the issue but it's been over 2 years.

Why didn't she starve or freeze to death?
    Becos this is comics where physics and reality factors doesn't account.

She can't be in intangible mode for too long.
    It would lead to her cells to turn back to atom and disperse eventually (As seen in Uncanny X-Men after Mutant Massacre).

Her limit in intangible form seems to be a few weeks.
    But she would need a machine to re-arrange her cells back.
    I just read it like a week ago. I thought there was something about her reaction to the metal, it was unlike other metals. IIRC Emma said something about her conciousness was becoming part of something bigger. Possibly Kitty could have phased into the metal into some sort of comic-booky nonsense of becoming "one with the metal".

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    They should have a series dedicated to dead characters. That way, people can still appreciate them, but their deaths mean something.

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
    edited February 2010
    Jean Grey is overrated.

Second Coming features the death of Cable.
    Which is why Cyclops is looking at the grave.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It's always a tragedy when your 75 year old son dies before you turn 32-35.

TexiKen on
    edited February 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »

But Cyclops is already in that age range.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Some interesting things in X-Men Legacy 233 regarding Blindfold:
    Magneto is able to "kill" Proteus by messing with its energy because everything connects with the electro-magnetic spectrum, but Destiny, as she counts down to when she dies (apparently the techno virus keeping people alive is failing?), she talks with Rose and lets her know she isn't her mother, but they are connected on the family tree. And that, while this was cryptic, as always with these future seers, Proteus was actually Rose's brother. Which I guess makes her Moira's daughter?

Again, some of that is forcibly cryptic to wiggle out if need be, but I think that's the case.

TexiKen on
    edited February 2010
    Magneto is able to "kill" Proteus by messing with its energy because everything connects with the electro-magnetic spectrum, but Destiny, as she counts down to when she dies (apparently the techno virus keeping people alive is failing?), she talks with Rose and lets her know she isn't her mother, but they are connected on the family tree. And that, while this was cryptic, as always with these future seers, Proteus was actually Rose's brother. Which I guess makes her Moira's daughter?

Again, some of that is forcibly cryptic to wiggle out if need be, but I think that's the case.

That doesn't make any sense.
    Moira poping out a daughter from non where.
    Who's the daddy?
    Xavier?

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Again, it's very cryptic, but
    After seeing what happened to Proteus, maybe Moira gave Rose up for adoption because she couldn't deal with that again

TexiKen on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

But Cyclops is already in that age range.

Are you secretly The Vision?
    Because you keep getting denser.

Hensler on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Anybody here read that free Second Coming preview book that Marvel put out at comic shops today? I was going to but had to leave early so I don't know how good or bad it was.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    edited February 2010
    Someone died (one of the girls I think) and the X-Men are getting all ready for some sort of big fight. Whoever died must've been important because Wolverine was even a bit shook up about it. It's basically just a preview of the book coming out soon.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • JombalayaJombalaya Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    In regards to the free second coming preview:
    I think Emma will die, but I'm not sure if Hope is Jean Grey or not. Hope definitely has Phoenix powers though.

Jombalaya on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    first off Jean Grey rocks and anyone who disagrees is unequivocally wrong

I can see where you're getting this, but I don't think it's necessarily that clearcut, perhaps because it's so vague

Moira didn't really die protecting anyone from Proteus, did she? And Destiny being related to Moira doesn't really make sense.

I think it was more left open-ended because 1) that's how Destiny works and 2) so they can tell the story later without it being that restricted

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
    edited February 2010
    Faynor wrote: »

I can see where you're getting this, but I don't think it's necessarily that clearcut, perhaps because it's so vague

Moira didn't really die protecting anyone from Proteus, did she? And Destiny being related to Moira doesn't really make sense.

I think it was more left open-ended because 1) that's how Destiny works and 2) so they can tell the story later without it being that restricted
    You're right on the Moira not dieing protecting Rose from Proteus, that's the big flaw in my theory.

I was just going by the idea that Rose never knew Proteus, she just went down in the base and was possessed. And Destiny is always mentioned as being older than she looks (at least back in the day), she would be like a great aunt or something to Moira on her tree.

TexiKen on
    edited February 2010
    Faynor wrote: »

You're right on the Moira not dieing protecting Rose from Proteus, that's the big flaw in my theory.

I was just going by the idea that Rose never knew Proteus, she just went down in the base and was possessed. And Destiny is always mentioned as being older than she looks (at least back in the day), she would be like a great aunt or something to Moira on her tree.

Mystic had Nightcrawler and Creed.
    So Destiny could have babies with someone too.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Wait, she didn't say
    Proteus was her brother. She just said her mother died protecting her from her brother.
    I could be wrong but I don't think she made any connections directly.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I assumed she was talking about Legion.

Also, I will eat my own cock if Fraction kills off Emma. I just don't see that happening.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited February 2010
    Cable dies.
    We all know that.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The one that everyone is speculating on is most definitely a female.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
    edited February 2010
    Have Havok, et al. come back from Shi'ar space yet or are they taking the scenic route back to Earth?

Crimsondude on
    edited February 2010
    Nope, they're still out there somewhere, jamming on stars.

TexiKen on
    edited February 2010
    Ha. That makes the current thread amusing.

"We're ho-"

*bam*

"Oh, no. Rachel's dead!"

Crimsondude on
    edited March 2010
    1267475136.jpg

The latest teaser, photoshopped to the max.

TexiKen on
    edited March 2010
    Is this teaser going to be followed by months of "leaked" pictures of mutants similar to the Avenger ones we've been getting stating "I am an X-Man" with little quips by each individual character.

Emma Frost- "Does this slutty lingerie make me look evil?"

I am an X-Man

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    edited March 2010
    It should totally have a picture of Rogue with just the title "I am an X-Man"

It reminds me of an old Beavis and Butthead comic where they were reading an X-Men comic and realized that all the women on the team were ex-men, and they punch a sentinel in the nuts.

TexiKen on
    edited March 2010
    1265650892.jpg

1264441260.jpg

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    -snip-

I feel sorry for whichever one of those girls dies.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I also think it will be Rachel. She is awful and only ever there, I think, to replace Jean Grey. Now Hope is back she can do that better and Rachel can die. The X-Men only need one redhead Jean Grey linked telekine/telepath (The X-Men should stop having fucking Telekine/Telepath's full stop but that's a seperate issue)

Solar on