As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Homemade PAX 05 DVD Movie

BeatByAGrrlBeatByAGrrl Registered User regular
edited November 2005 in PAX Archive
If anyone has any digital video of PAX they would like to include of a homemade PAX DVD I'm making, please send it to me at dontcallmeallison@hotmail.com I would like to include more perspectives than just the footage I took. I have a lot of the Omegathon, and me and my friends hanging out at PAX, but I wanna see more of you and your friends gaming at the con! coolp from Talkxbox.com has asked me to host it on his site, but if you would like me to send you a free DVD, you email me and we can work it out. (It will be sweet, with menus and scene selcetion, etc.) Thanks!

when you punish a person for dreaming his dream, don't expect him to thank or forgive you. the best ever death metal band out of denton will in time both outpace and outlive you. hail satan!
BeatByAGrrl on

• Options
    MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    It'll have to be rated R for language unless you cut out your Diceland game.

Edit: Oh shits, I just saw that you've actually posted on the boards a few times. You should come over to SE++.

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    Speaking of that... Since I was playing during the first 3 Omegathon rounds, my brother had the videocamera... and since it looked like I was losing hardcore at Diceland he didn't catch that fabulous back-from-the-brink ending, or my, uh, gloating. :) Soooo, that's another reason I'd like people to send me some videos!!

BeatByAGrrl on
    when you punish a person for dreaming his dream, don't expect him to thank or forgive you. the best ever death metal band out of denton will in time both outpace and outlive you. hail satan!
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    Fuck, that's right. Never mind.

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    coolpcoolp Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Thanks again for doing this, I can't wait to see the final product :)

coolp on
    sig.php?tag=coolp1
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    I just finished editing the movie a few mins ago. It may still need some work though...
    It is 2 hours 6 minutes long!
    I tried to cut it down as much as possible... (I had 3 hours of footage from the weekend)

As of now it includes:
    Shots of all the freeplay rooms (I think a Counterstrike tourney was happening in the PC freeplay room when I was there)
    Scenes from all 6 rounds of the Omegathon, and interviews with some of the Omeganauts and OmegaTechs.
    Shots of the tabletop room, and the Sac Noir tourney.
    Some of the concerts from Friday and Saturday night.
    All I got of the Exhibition room was Pirates of the Burning Sea, and the Sweet Kitty table.
    Scenes from both PA Q&A Panels with Gabe & Tycho inclding both times Tycho sang his song, and everyone in the audience simultaneously cracking their knuckles and dropping their Bawlz.

BeatByAGrrl on
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    OK... I was able to cut it down a little more
    2 hours and 4 minutes!
    Haha.

Still tweaking it here and there...

And I'm going to add the Super Mega Rad Happy Fun Penny Arcade Expo 2005 Pictures Ultimate Slideshow, including all the pictures I stole from the PAX pictures thread!

BeatByAGrrl on
  • Options
    GaminGamin Brockport, NYRegistered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Heh our diceland game was crazy...

You hit my dice keeping me from winning early on (cause i was wayyy to freaking lucky the second game) and then like next round you scored 80,000 points in one shot... er something. =P I can't wait to see your footage either as I should be in some of it. =P

Gamin on
    Damn i really like Ferrari, but they are letting the fans down because other car companies sell more cars than them!
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    PaleZer0 wrote:
    Heh our diceland game was crazy...

You hit my dice keeping me from winning early on (cause i was wayyy to freaking lucky the second game) and then like next round you scored 80,000 points in one shot... er something. =P I can't wait to see your footage either as I should be in some of it. =P

Rochester, eh? I went to RIT.

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    GaminGamin Brockport, NYRegistered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Really? I am almost done with my Master's at RIT right now. Just my capstone remains.

Gamin on
    Damn i really like Ferrari, but they are letting the fans down because other car companies sell more cars than them!
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2005
    this has nothing to do with your thread. your name just made me remember this pic taken and caption added.

ownedgirl.jpg

that guy was at pax he's my old roomate. He was drunk as shit in that pic but he did have two hot chicks 'all up ons' they drew that on his forehead for a pic though.

Grath on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2005
    hey, go steal my pics from http://photobucket.com/albums/a105/moe_fwacky for your slideshow, they're all in chronologial order and the files should be time/datestamped

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited September 2005
    Thanks for use of your pics Fwacky! :) ...And that other guy... is hilarious. Love it!

BeatByAGrrl on
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    Alright... it really is finished now... but it is quite HUGE so I'm having trouble posting it... when I figure out solution (like splitting it into smaller clips) it will be up. Or you can have me send you a DVD if you email me.

BeatByAGrrl on
  • Options
    cyraxwinscyraxwins Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    you can use winrar to split and archive the files...

cyraxwins on
    style7,Cyrax-spc-Motherfucker.png
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    cyraxwins wrote:
    you can use winrar to split and archive the files...

Is that like WinZip? Where can I get it?

The other trouble I'm having is that I made it with WinDVD Maker so I could add menus etc, which is the other reason it's such a hefty file (almost 2.5GB!) And this program won't let you save it as like a .avi or .wma file... it's just a wizard that makes you burn it to a DVD or send it to your HD for later burning. I compressed what I had down to a 5.44MB folder and sent it off to coolp. But I think it still saved it as a WinDVD project file, not a playable movie file. :( So I'm still working out another solution.

However, the DVD's I burned work and play just fine in your DVD player, PS2, or on your PC with WinDVD player! But hopefully I can get this up on TalkXbox.com so I don't have to send out 1000 DVDs.

BeatByAGrrl on
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    I evacuated from Houston due to Rita. I can't work on the DVD right now. I probably won't come home for another several days.

I may have to go back to re-editing the entire thing because it's too large to post. But if you want the super epic movie on DVD, email me and I'll see what I can work out for you.

BeatByAGrrl on
  • Options
    AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    http://www.archive.org

Remove all copyrighted material and post it there.

Azio on
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    Azio wrote:
    http://www.archive.org

Remove all copyrighted material and post it there.
    I don't think there is anything copyrighted on there... I didn't tape any of the movies. Just some of the concerts. And people playing games, and drinking bawlz.

Thanks for the tip though, the site looks awesome, I'm gonna try it out.

BeatByAGrrl on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2005
    how about a torrent?? Please?

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    I'm not up on all that bit torrent jive.

BeatByAGrrl on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2005

The real question is... Once these are started to be distrubuted, do you mind some of us torrenting this so we don't have to waste time and effort to have them burned by some one else?

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited September 2005
    Although I'm unlikely to be put into a position to get my hands on this anytime soon, I'd just like to say how cool I think it is that you're doing this.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    edited September 2005

The real question is... Once these are started to be distrubuted, do you mind some of us torrenting this so we don't have to waste time and effort to have them burned by some one else?
    I would in fact love it. I'm not trying to do this for money. I would not flatter myself to think I have the film skills to profit off my home movies. I just think there are other people who'd like to see it, and I'm having trouble getting it out there. I need all the help I can get. coolp said he'd host it, but he wants me to chop it up into little bits!

BeatByAGrrl on
  • Options
    edited September 2005
    The movie is all made already, with menus and everything. I think it looks pretty good. Now there's the problem of getting it to you! I'm not totally hip to all this posting and hosting biz, so maybe I can send some of you guys a few copies, and ya'll can bootleg it, archive it, torrent it, upload it, download it, burn it, pass em out to your friends all you want all over the place. I do ask that you give me credit for making it though. That's BeatByAGrrl with two rr's. :) If you would like to help me with this please PM me or email me.

BeatByAGrrl on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited November 2005
    Is anything still going on with this dvd, I'd still like to get my hands on it but I have no idea were to find it if it's there to be found.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited November 2005
    Yeah, i'd like to see it too. :)

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    edited November 2005
    Yeah... it's finished! DVDs are available upon request through email to me. A downloadable version should be available soon, but that job has been outsourced to other forumers. :)

BeatByAGrrl on