As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Rant thread

• lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    May be nsfw for dildos used in a fight and really bad Spanish dubbing for no reason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McqRkUgAVPo[url][/url]

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Mysst wrote: »
    I'm trying to find a clip of that movie where a dude catches a bullet but it is not happening so just pretend I did and escalate accordingly

Which movie?

JoeUser on
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    my mind says The Last Dragon but I may be totally wrong

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm trying to find a clip of that movie where a dude catches a bullet but it is not happening so just pretend I did and escalate accordingly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO0BNAcAONU

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
    edited February 2010
    my mind says The Last Dragon but I may be totally wrong

Here you go

JoeUser on
  • vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm going to rant that I was supposed to see my girlfriend after she was done work today.

But she has too much homework and so I spend the evening alone.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
    edited February 2010
    hmm, whatever that video format is, joe, my computer doesn't like it

I bet you found it, though! were the dudes kinda glowy?

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    edited February 2010
    vsove wrote: »
    I'm going to rant that I was supposed to see my girlfriend after she was done work today.

jerking it furiously

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    edited February 2010

Well it's a balding white guy shooting a black guy, and the black guy falls. Then he reveals the bullet in his teeth, and it's glowy. Other parts of the movie have one super glowy red guy.

JoeUser on
  • vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    vsove wrote: »

jerking it furiously

It seems like a good time to make some headway on my massive backlog of both television shows and video games.

And jerking it.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
    edited February 2010

Go to about the 4:50 mark here

JoeUser on
  • Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Now that you're not busy fucking your girlfriend, you can make some headway on all that time you missed jerking it

Drew-B on
    edited February 2010
    Ha, yes, that was totally it Joe

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    I didn't have internet for all of last night and it really made me realize holy shit I rely on the internet a lot

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I was talking to my boss yesterday about how my internet was out for an evening not long ago. We both agreed that they might as well turn off the fucking power for all we care. Can't get worse than no internet.

Drew-B on
    edited February 2010
    the problem was the previous person who lived here paid for all the internet/cable and the dude who owns the house forgot to switch it into his name

it got cut off at a perfect time too, I wanted to watch the hockey game and study for my programming test (all the notes are online) but NOPE

• redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    i haven't had internet access (aside from this shiity phone) for just over a month now

it's p bad

redhead on
    edited February 2010
    oh god, a month would kill me

edited February 2010
    at one point my cell phone died, my bike had a flat, both cars were in use, and our home phone service was under repair and unfunctioning (and we no longer get either internet or tv)

and i was like, this is it

i am in the stone ages for the next eight hours, cut off from the world until the mailman arrives

redhead on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    We had the power go off for about eight hours, which was relatively short in comparison to other times, so Leanna and I invited neighbors over, got a fire going and played scrabble.

NotASenator on
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    NotACrook wrote: »
    We had the power go off for about eight hours, which was relatively short in comparison to other times, so Leanna and I invited neighbors over, got a fire going and played scrabble.

You're a madman. Dealing with the situation? You're supposed to sit in the darkness, lamenting the world.

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I remember a couple years back some major floods took out one of the city's transformers which meant we were without power, hot water, or heating for a couple of days courtesy of the village being gas-free

How people cope with month-long blackouts I don't know

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    so who went to the generator?

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    No flood can stop Optimus Prime

Sheesh, edcrab

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited February 2010
    I was lucky enough to arrive in California just in time to suffer the rolling brown-out shit that was being pulled before the price fixing scandal.

Not fun

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Run Run RunRun Run Run __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    how people coped with life before the invention of the internet I will never understand. wtf did they do all day?

Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
    edited February 2010
    Jobs, fishing, model trains.

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
    edited February 2010
    they sat around imagining what awful posters they could be if only someone would invent the internet already

redhead on
  • Run Run RunRun Run Run __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    there were jobs before the internet? wha ... ?

Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
    edited February 2010
    Yes. Phrenology and sooth saying were lucrative positions back then

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    oh god, a month would kill me
    When I first moved out, I had a hell of a time getting internet hooked up at my new place - my service provider was basically run by a bunch of silly gooses. It was nearly six weeks before I was able to get onlin from home.

On the upside, the long downtime did get me used to not playing World of Warcraft, which made quitting a couple of months later a lot easier.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I had 3 weeks without land line internet and had to use my UMTS flat, that sucked
    Apart from that, I never was without internet for longer than a few hours since about... 1998?

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    edited February 2010
    every year i go work at this job in the woods for two and a half months, and i don't have internet access there. i could get it if i really wanted to, but i'd honestly rather not. it feels great to be mostly cut off from the outside world when i'm up there.

redhead on
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    what're ya doing in the woods

FAQ on
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    everytime i go to the ranch i am grateful we don't have internet or cable down there

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
    edited February 2010
    FAQ wrote: »

working in a kitchen. it's this camp where families come up and stay for a while. the parents mostly relax by the river or in their cabins, the young kids are kept busy by the recreation staff and the older kids hang out on the basketball court or in the swimming hole. the kitchen staff make everyone's food, and it's not "camp food"--there's serious, actual cooking going on, not just reheating. it's a ton of fun. i'll be a supervisor this year, too. gonna be nuts.

the main draw for me (and everyone else who works there) is that every year the staff is an unbelievably tight group of people, and you just get to live, work, hang out and party with each other for 10 weeks in one of the most beautiful spots i know. i'm pretty sure everyone who's ever worked there says it's their favorite place on earth. i don't really know how to explain it, it feels like magic.

redhead on
  • CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    DL

wattup

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
    edited February 2010
    lol look @ that long-ass post

i could talk forever about how much i love that place and the people i work with

i'm gay 4 that camp

redhead on
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    yeah, that sounds pretty darn cool

FAQ on
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    redhead wrote: »
    FAQ wrote: »

working in a kitchen. it's this camp where families come up and stay for a while. the parents mostly relax by the river or in their cabins, the young kids are kept busy by the recreation staff and the older kids hang out on the basketball court or in the swimming hole. the kitchen staff make everyone's food, and it's not "camp food"--there's serious, actual cooking going on, not just reheating. it's a ton of fun. i'll be a supervisor this year, too. gonna be nuts.

the main draw for me (and everyone else who works there) is that every year the staff is an unbelievably tight group of people, and you just get to live, work, hang out and party with each other for 10 weeks in one of the most beautiful spots i know. i'm pretty sure everyone who's ever worked there says it's their favorite place on earth. i don't really know how to explain it, it feels like magic.

Hogwarts.

Liiya on
This discussion has been closed.