As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Trying to rate my new ISP service

TethTeth __BANNED USERS regular
My long time cable ISP recently went to a tiered service model. I opted for the highest option, and am now paying approximately ~$8 a month more than I used to. While it does seem to be helping on-line gaming and download speeds a bit, I wanted to see if anyone else on the East coast of the US is paying $60 a month for the same performance.

After about ten tests to both locations, these represented the most average results:

download2b.png

download1d.png

Worth $60 a month?

Teth on

• Options
    john_boy-1313john_boy-1313 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I work for an isp in Michigan, we charge 42 bucks a month for a 6Mb down with a 1Mb up, not sure what the market is like where you are, but getting that speed from my employer would cost about $80 a month. To me it would be worth the 60 bucks

john_boy-1313 on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    That's worth $60 a month where I live too.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TethTeth __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    Nice. I was mostly concerned because I have a buddy that lives outside of DC and he laughs at my connection - he pays $50 a month and destroys my performance.

Teth on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Rural enough to not have to compete with as many people as you, and urban enough that he isn't in bumfuck, not unexpected I'd say.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me