As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Specific Videogame Questions

ElinElin Registered User regular
edited February 2010 in Games and Technology
I thought about doing this in Help and Advice but thought I would get better assistance over here for this one.

So, I bought Fallout 3 for my PC around when it launched. I liked it at first, but with glitches and crashes and too much openness I burned myself out. Now, I understand that some of the mods make the game really fun, but I also understand that some of the DLC makes it even buggier and more prone to crashing, and that will piss me off to no end.

Now I've recently, finally, picked up an HDTV to make my 360 worth owning and thought that having Fallout 3 GOTY edition would maybe make it fun and I'd actually finish it. Does anyone think this is true. You don't get the fan mods that are all the rage, but I assume that it wouldn't have all the bugs and crashes which is really kills it for me.

In addition, I don't have a PS3 and so I can't buy Heavy Rain, but I'm in the mood for a good point and click. Would I like Phantasmagoria? It's on GoG for way cheap and I'm pretty sure the netbook would run it, so that's a plus. (I've already played Indigo Prophesy)

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
PSN Hypacia
Xbox HypaciaMinnow
Discord Hypacia#0391
Elin on

• Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Actually, it's still pretty glitchy on the Xbox version, and, just like the PC version, it gets glitchier the more DLC you add to it.

Xagar on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, pc version is mega glitchy but has mods and the use of the command console (essential to fixing several of the glitches), xbox version is just as glitchy without any other benefits.

EDIT: There is always a Fallout 3 thread around, you could have asked there too.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png