As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 2-24-10: It's all in the timing

2»

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hit-Monkey is amazing.

So I need to go back to my LCS and buy Hit-Monkey?

The issue that came out a bit ago wasn't bad. The monkey's origin isn't what I expected.
    I was thinking he was going ot be a hit man that's brain get place in a monkey, or from that universe of monkeys that Marvel did a comic off a bit ago. But nope, regular monkey that just happens to learn how to shoot guns

noir_blood on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So I need to go back to my LCS and buy Hit-Monkey?

Hit-Monkey the one-shot is okay. But the first two installments of the Hit-Monkey arc in Deadpool has been great. If you pick up Deadpool #19 & 20 you'll be all caught up.

Munch on
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I got em yesterday but I'm really behind in my comics, I'm only on DP 14 or 15.

cardboard delusions on
  • Options
    blackranger3dblackranger3d Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hit-Monkey is amazing.

Damn it I must read more about this Hit-Monkey :mrgreen:

blackranger3d on
    BOOM SHACK A LAKA
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hands-down MotW was finally picking up Asterios Polyp.

Wow.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    my motw is late

but it was the foreward of Starman Omnibus 4

where in the middle of talking about how great James Robinson is, Don Murphy totally shills the League of Extraordinary Gentleman movie

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I actually managed to get my books nearly in time for the week. And then I blew off important midterm work to read them all.

Blackest Night 7 was really fantastic, and it covered a lot of the bases I was hoping for within the series, plus it took the cliche we all knew was coming, and did something really cool and surprising with it. I really liked it.

Batman and Robin 9 was fantastic, as well.

Superman has me so excited for the Legion stuff that I could flip.

I guess my motw is finding out about Hickman and Weaver's Shield thing. Man, that looks awesome as hell.
    39023095.jpg

Science Adventure Hero Leonardo Da Vinci, why did no one think of this sooner!

Weekly Crisis Hype Machine talked about it too.

This kind of brings me to my true MotW. Hickman's Fantastic Four is so damn good, it's just amazing, and the Eaglesham art is just the absolute way I like to see the FF represented. Dude is so wicked talented it's unbelievable, and I can't even imagine where all of these ideas come from. It's so easy to see that he's building up to something epic, but I am honestly content to settle in for the ride, because so far every issue has been nothing but incredible art and amazing new worlds. It's seriously one of the best series I've ever read, and I don't even like FF usually.

Deadpool and Ultimate Enemy were pretty great as well. Really, the only book that let me down this week was Flash Rebirth #6.

HadjiQuest on