As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Omegathon Prize

124»

• Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    yeah, but to be fair, fender's got some cheap ass guitars out there. any pawn shop will carry a bottom of the line fender squier or somethin for like double digits.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    xxhennersxxxxhennersxx Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    thats why I don't think Guitar hero tournaments should be just points, I think there should be a tilt for style.

i think there should be points for a specially modified guitar hero controller! a buddy of mine who's in a band and i were talking about acquiring a cheap fender guitar and modifying it without strings so that it worked as an actual gh controller, it's plenty doable, we just need to find one for cheap.

I have two custom guitars. I added "solo buttons" near the bottom of the neck. And one of my guitars is pink with a black neck, and a white hello kitty sticker. And the other is pink wi th a white neck with a white hello kitty sticker. the sticker is the vinyl kind you put on a car.

Then, I think the most function modded part, is my "star" button. I added a push button on the back of the neck, where your thumb rests, that is wired to select. this activates star so I don't get off rhythem trying to activate star power.

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So, I don't post super often anymore, but this is actually a topic where I can provide some insight.

Regarding Guitar Hero: We were specifically told not to take it above Medium. We weren't given a choice, so don't blame the other dudes for not kicking it higher. At the time, I was capable of rocking it on Expert on GH1. As I'm sure any regular Expert player knows, backing down to Medium is tricky - you have to NOT hit notes, which is difficult to adjust to. I know a few of the other guys up there were also Expert players, so they were having the same problem.

And to Viscount - I was the most negative, humble, pessimistic person in the competition, and I seemed to do alright. A little humility never hurt anyone ;)

Well, Theres being negative and then being humble. I mean that in a way that you should aim to win and not be self defeating-- Glass is half full kinda thing. If I were selected I wouldn't be all "in your face" Thats just not cool.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    thats why I don't think Guitar hero tournaments should be just points, I think there should be a tilt for style.

i think there should be points for a specially modified guitar hero controller! a buddy of mine who's in a band and i were talking about acquiring a cheap fender guitar and modifying it without strings so that it worked as an actual gh controller, it's plenty doable, we just need to find one for cheap.

I have two custom guitars. I added "solo buttons" near the bottom of the neck. And one of my guitars is pink with a black neck, and a white hello kitty sticker. And the other is pink wi th a white neck with a white hello kitty sticker. the sticker is the vinyl kind you put on a car.

Then, I think the most function modded part, is my "star" button. I added a push button on the back of the neck, where your thumb rests, that is wired to select. this activates star so I don't get off rhythem trying to activate star power.

what do you mean by solo button?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited April 2007

what do you mean by solo button?

solo buttons, so i have an extra set of buttons near the bottom of the guitars neck, so i can hold it up without stretching my arm all the way.

doublerangev.jpg

like that

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wow that's cool. So you can jam out all cool-like to GH2.

Hobbes on
    3DS 0817-4246-8005
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Hobbes wrote: »

yes. with pink hello kitty guitars. I might bring it to PAX this year. and my other one. I think they might be banned from tournament play though because of the star power button.

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

yes. with pink hello kitty guitars. I might bring it to PAX this year. and my other one. I think they might be banned from tournament play though because of the star power button.

...I want a pink hello kitty guitar! I'd buy a whole second copy of GH2 just for that ^.^

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    edited April 2007

...I want a pink hello kitty guitar! I'd buy a whole second copy of GH2 just for that ^.^

It's actually really easy to paint the guitar hero guitars. the decal is like this one

link

xxhennersxx on
This discussion has been closed.