As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Israeli Apartheid Thread

DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
Israeli Apartheid Week (IAW) is an annual international series of events held in cities and campuses across the globe. The aim of IAW is to educate people about the nature of Israel as an apartheid system and to build Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) campaigns as part of a growing global BDS movement.

Last year, Israeli Apartheid Week (IAW) took place in more than 40 cities across the globe. IAW 2009 happened in the wake of Israel's barbaric assault on the people of Gaza. Lectures, films, and actions made the point that these latest massacres further confirm the true nature of Israeli Apartheid.

IAW 2010 takes place following a year of incredible successes for the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement on the global level. Lectures, films, and actions will highlight some of theses successes along with the many injustices that continue to make BDS so crucial in the battle to end Israeli Apartheid. Speakers and full programme for each city will be available soon.

Join us in making 2010 a year of struggle against apartheid and for justice, equality, and peace.

http://apartheidweek.org/en/pastapartheidweeks

Recently this has become an important issue for me despite not really affecting my life in any way, so I was happy to hear that something like this is being organized. Frankly, I don't believe that it is the most pressing issue of our time, or the most horrible thing currently going on, but the fact that a supposed first world nation is still opressing millions nearly twenty years after the end of apartheid in South Africa is pretty goddamn bad as far as I am concerned. The people of West Bank and Gaza are controlled by state of Israel in most things you can imagine - they are pretty much Israeli citizens in everything but name, only that they have no representation in the country that controls their movement, water, land, airspace, ports, borders, electricity, building permits and trade.

It's something like this that makes it very hard for me to call Israel a "democracy". In all intents and purposes, right now occupied territories are a part of Israel. And their citizens don't have their rights.

My town or any city in my country isn't on the list, but if you are interested in the issue and wish to participate, a list of the cities is found on the site.
http://apartheidweek.org/en/about

DarkCrawler on

• FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This seems like a very bold thing to organize and I bet their actions were met with much opposition in most places. Still, I applaud those people.

Looking at the list of places, I can't see any in Germany. Can't say I'm surprised.

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    These posters are plastered all over my university campus every single year. I don't know if they actually have turnouts at these things, at least not large enough to make any kind of local news.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    um, no
    as fucked up as the israel situation can be, apartheid it is not
    The people of West Bank and Gaza are controlled by state of Israel in most things you can imagine - they are pretty much Israeli citizens in everything but name, only that they have no representation in the country that controls their movement, water, land, airspace, ports, borders, electricity, building permits and trade.
    this may have been a good argument prior to 2006, but unless you're going to hold israel responsible for the actions hamas, its a pretty ridiculous argument to make now.
    I mean its pretty telling when you ignore the PLA altogether jump to a conclusion like that that what this shit is about.

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I might be more interested if the organization understood the definition and meaning of "apartheid"

adytum on
  • Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Folks who are familiar with South African apartheid, such as Nelson Mandela, Desmond Tutu and Hendrik Verwoerd (the guy who created South African apartheid) all think Israel's treatment of the Palestinians amounts to apartheid.
    I mean its pretty telling when you ignore the PLA altogether jump to a conclusion like that that what this shit is about.
    I'm not sure what the PLA has to do with how Israel treats the Palestinians, unless you're trying to say that they (the Palestinians) have brought this on themselves and deserve to be treated this way.
    adytum wrote: »
    I might be more interested if the organization understood the definition and meaning of "apartheid"
    In South Africa it involved, among other things:
    • Displacing blacks onto less desirable land and creating "independent" homelands (Bantustans) which effectively revoked their South African citizenship
    • Controlling their movement within South Africa
    • Disenfranchising blacks and Asians/Indians/"coloured" people

Andrew_Jay on
  • DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    um, no
    The people of West Bank and Gaza are controlled by state of Israel in most things you can imagine - they are pretty much Israeli citizens in everything but name, only that they have no representation in the country that controls their movement, water, land, airspace, ports, borders, electricity, building permits and trade.
    this may have been a good argument prior to 2006, but unless you're going to hold israel responsible for the actions hamas, its a pretty ridiculous argument to make now.

I'm holding Israel responsible for the actions of Israel. Which is pretty much by the definition of the word apartheid. Just because they aren't the citizens of the country in official law, doesn't change that fact. What, you think Israeli Arabs are completely and utterly equal? Guess what, when you found a country based on a single race that is going to cause problems.

Hamas is a shitty terrorist organization, but Israel's actions are by any measurement far worse.

DarkCrawler on
  • DsmartDsmart Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    America is a terrorist state.

Israel is a terrorist state, and also illegitimate.

Dsmart on
  • Run Run RunRun Run Run __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Ferrus wrote: »
    This seems like a very bold thing to organize and I bet their actions were met with much opposition in most places. Still, I applaud those people.

Looking at the list of places, I can't see any in Germany. Can't say I'm surprised.

Ya, well our support for Israel is pretty strong.

Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Damn, I wanted to post this thread

here's some shit for people to educate themselves on

----

http://apartheidweek.org/en
    Official website of Israeli Apartheid Week

http://www.bdsmovement.net/
    Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions strategy

http://maannews.net/eng/Default.aspx
    Ma'an News, an indigenous Palestinian news agency

http://ochaonline.un.org/humanitari...13408&Page=1765
    UNOCHA appeal for Palestine 2009, showing roadblocks, barriers, etc

http://www.unrwa.org/
    UNRWA, the UN org for Refugee services, focusing mainly on Palestinian refugees

Some good reads to start on the issue:

The Israel-Arab Reader: A Documentary History of the Middle East Conflict, 7th Edition by Walter Laqueur

A good collection of primary resources and historical documents relating to the Arab-Israeli conflict, including UN docs, treaties, etc.

Breaking the Silence

An Israeli watchdog organization that collects testimony from soldiers serving in Israel's armed forces.

The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine by Ilan Pappe
    In his latest work, renowned Israeli author and academic Pappe (A History of Modern Palestine) does not mince words, doing Jimmy Carter one better (or worse, depending on one's point of view) by accusing Israel of ethnic cleansing and crimes against humanity beginning in the 1948 war for independence, and continuing through the present. Focusing primarily on Plan D (Dalet, in Hebrew), conceived on March 10, 1948, Pappe demonstrates how ethnic cleansing was not a circumstance of war, but rather a deliberate goal of combat for early Israeli military units led by David Ben-Gurion, whom Pappe labels the "architect of ethnic cleansing." The forced expulsion of 800,000 Palestinians between 1948-49, Pappe argues, was part of a long-standing Zionist plan to manufacture an ethnically pure Jewish state. Framing his argument with accepted international and UN definitions of ethnic cleansing, Pappe follows with an excruciatingly detailed account of Israeli military involvement in the demolition and depopulation of hundreds of villages, and the expulsion of hundreds of thousands of Arab inhabitants. An accessible, learned resource, this volume provides important inroads into the historical antecedents of today's conflict, but its conclusions will not be easy for everyone to stomach: Pappe argues that the ethnic cleansing of Palestine continues today, and calls for the unconditional return of all Palestinian refugees and an end to the Israeli occupation. Without question, Pappe's account will provoke ire from many readers; importantly, it will spark discussion as well.

The Iron Cage: The Story of the Palestinian Struggle for Statehood by Rashid Khalidi
    Historian Khalidi (Resurrecting Empire), a leading expert on the Middle East and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, brings vital perspective to Palestinian attempts to achieve independence and statehood. Admirably synthesizing the latest scholarship and concentrating on the period of the British Mandate (1920–1948) established by the League of Nations after WWI, Khalidi describes the process by which a newly arrived European Jewish minority overcame, with help from its imperial ally, the claims and rights of the native Arab majority in what became Israel and the occupied territories. Khalidi shows Palestinians under the mandate facing comparatively severe systemic, institutional and constitutional obstacles to the development of any para-state structure—contrary to British promises of Arab independence and Article 4 of the Covenant of the League of Nations. Meanwhile, the Jewish minority could count on a system biased in its favor to develop the structures that became those of the Israeli government in 1948 amid violent expulsion of over half the indigenous population. In bringing this narrative up to the present, Khalidi rigorously details the missteps of the Palestinians and their leadership. Khalidi curiously refrains from drawing any detailed proposal of his own to resolve the ongoing conflict, but his first-rate and up-to-date historical and political analysis of the Palestinian predicament remains illuminating.

Palestine by Joe Sacco (intro by Edward Said)
    Fantagraphics Books is pleased to present, for the first time, a single-volume collection of this 288-page landmark of journalism and the artform of comics. Interest in Sacoo has never been higher than with the release of his critically acclaimed book, Safe Area Gorazde.

Based on several months of research and an extended visit to the West Bank and Gaza Strip in the early 1990s (where he conducted over 100 interviews with Palestinians and Jews), Palestine was the first major comics work of political and historical nonfiction by Sacco, who has often been called the first comic book journalist.

Sacco's insightful reportage takes place at the front lines, where busy marketplaces are spoiled by shootings and tear gas, soldiers beat civilians with reckless abandon, and roadblocks go up before reporters can leave. Sacco interviewed and encountered prisoners, refugees, protesters, wounded children, farmers who had lost their land, and families who had been torn apart by the Palestinian conflict.

In 1996, the Before Columbus Foundation awarded Palestine the seventeenth annual American Book Award, stating that the author should be recognized for his "outstanding contribution to American literature," while his publisher, Fantagraphics, is "to be honored for their commitment to quality and their willingness to take risks that accompany publishing outstanding books and authors that may not prove 'cost-effective' in the short run."

This new edition of Palestine also features a new introduction from renowned author, critic, and historian Edward Said, author of Peace and Its Discontents and The Question of Palestine and one of the world's most respected authorities on the Middle Eastern conflict.

Some good movies and documentaries to watch:

Paradise Now (2005)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhvNx2ZwRvY
    About two boyhood friends who sign up to become suicide bombers. This powerful film was shot mostly in Nablus and is available for streaming from Netflix (so you can watch it now) or on youtube.

The Lemon Tree (2008)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIoowHIpUT0
    About a widow who is protecting her land from settlers. Also shot on location. Available on Netflix.

Under the Bombs (2007)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbabkJPcTts
    About a mother who is searching for her family in southern Lebanon after the 2006 Israeli invasion. Shot on location and available on Netflix streaming.

Death in Gaza (2004)

A documentary about the martyr culture in Gaza, about the conditions the Gazans live in, and also the death of the documentarian while making this film. Available on Netflix, Google Video, and YouTube.

Activism

Here is a list of places where events are officially being held:
    * Al Quds * Amsterdam * Bard (NY) * Beirut * Bethlehem * Bogota * Bologna * Boston * Cape Town * Caracas * Chicago * Connecticut * Dundee * Durban * Eastern Cape * Edinburgh * Edmonton * Gaza * Glasgow * Hamilton * Ireland * Jenin * Johannesburg * Kingston * London (ON) * Melbourne * Montréal * New York City * Ottawa * Oxford * Peterborough * Pisa * Pretoria * Providence * Puebla * Roma * San Francisco * Seattle * Tilburg * Toronto * Utrecht * Vancouver * Waterloo * Winnipeg

Also, for those who live in Oregon:
    Israel and Palestine: Two States or One?

University of Oregon's Lawrence Hall, Room 115, on Friday, March 5 at 1 pm.

Palestinian one-state advocate to appear at UO

Ali Abunimah, co-founder of the Electronic Intifada website and author of One Country - A Bold Proposal to End the Israeli-Palestinian Impasse will appear at the University of Oregon's Lawrence Hall, Room 115 , on Friday, March 5 at 1 pm . For two decades negotiations between Israelis and Palestinians to achieve a "two-state solution" have gone nowhere. Abunimah and many others believe that a single, integrated state with equality for all its citizens is the only viable, democratic answer. The presentation is sponsored by the UO Arab Student Union and the Al-Nakba Awareness Project.

And for those who live in Massachusetts:
    Come see Chomsky and Amy Goodman talk at Harvard Memorial Church this Saturday at noon!!!!!!! YEA

http://people.dce.harvard.edu/~heirc/chomsky.html (Not sure if it's about IAW but I'm sure they'll mention it)

For those of you in Pennsylvania:
    Philadelphia Israeli Apartheid Week Calendar

First launched in Toronto in 2005, IAW has grown to become one of the most important global events in the Palestine solidarity calendar. Last year, more than 25 cities around the world participated in the week's activities, which also commemorated 60 years since the expulsion of the Palestinian people from their homes and land in 1947-1948. IAW 2008 was launched with a live broadcast from the South African township of Soweto by Palestinian leader and former member of the Israeli Knesset, Azmi Bishara.

This year, IAW occurs in the wake of Israel's barbaric assault against the people of Gaza. Lectures, films, and actions will make the point that these latest massacres further confirm the true nature of Israeli Apartheid. IAW 2009 will continue to build and strengthen the growing Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement at a global level.

Join us in Philadelphia for a week of action and education.

Saturday, February 28: Gaza Fundraiser

5-8pm Calvary Church 48 & Baltimore Featuring: Middle Eastern Food, Presentations by Doctor Labiq Syed & Doctor Labib Syed, brothers of John Hopkins & members of the Islamic Medical Association of North America, who recently traveled overseas to provide care in war-torn Gaza and will share information about their trip.

Spoken Word: Poets Aysha El Shamayleh & Ashraf Osman, Music by: Paddy Corcoran (of Paddy and the Hostages), Informational Loop Presentation created by Aine Fox Tickets: $10 - General Admission $25 & Above - Solidarity $5 for unemployed & students Call 215-724-1618 or email phillyiac@action-mail.org for ticket information or to make reservations.All proceeds to the Emergency Gaza Appeal of the United Palestinian Appeal Sunday,

Sunday, March 1st and Monday, March 2nd: City-wide Guerrilla Media Event

email sustainphilly@gmail.com for more information

Tuesday, March 3rd: Occupation 101 Documentary Screening followed by an Open Forum

7.00PM
    Fisher-Bennett 401 (3340 Walnut St).
    Co-Sponsored by: Penn for Palestine, SUSTAIN, Jews for a Just Peace
    Join us as we watch this wonderful documentary, followed by an open forum.

Documentary Synopsis:
    A thought-provoking and powerful documentary film on the current and historical root causes of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Unlike any other film ever produced on the conflict -- 'Occupation 101' presents a comprehensive analysis of the facts and hidden truths surrounding the never ending controversy and dispels many of its long-perceived myths and misconceptions.

Email pennforpalestine@gmail.com

Wednesday March 4th: Protest Motorola!

Meet at 12:30pm at 18th and Chestnut to protest Motorola’s complicity in Israel's human rights violations and military occupation. There are 4 cell phone stores at 18th and Chestnut, all who sell Motorola phones and we will call on the corporation to cease producing and selling equipment to the Israeli army to prevent its involvement in future abuses.

Email sustainphilly@gmail.com for more info

Thursday, March 5th: Divestment Teach in, Temple Students for Justice in Palestine

Temple SJP reignites their divestment campaign with a Divestment Teach-In at 5:30 pm in the Student Center (corner of 13th and Montgomery) room 220.

Email monirage@gmail.com for more information

Friday, March 6th: Bubbes and Zaydes Israeli Consulate Vigil

Noon, Corner of 19th and JFK Email cswartz@pil.net for more information

Saturday, March 7th: Silent candlelight protest at the Opening Night Gala of the Israeli Film Festival

Candlelight Demonstration at the "Gala Opening" of the Israeli Film Festival of Greater Philadelphia -- gather at 7pm in front of the Gershman YMHA (Broad and Pine Streets) - please dress in black, bring a candle and join Philadelphia Jews for a Just Peace in solidarity with the Palestinian people

contact phillyjjp@gmail.com for more info

Sunday, March 8th: International Women's Day March

At 12 Noon, we will rally at City Hall, march down Broad Street with banners, signs, songs and chants, and continue the program with our afternoon Speakout and Cultural Performances, at 260 South Broad Street. Bring Palestinian flags, banners, and signs supporting Palestinian women and children.

tl;dr if you don't think what israel is doing is blatantly wrong and completely contradictory to every international and moral law we have then you are a child

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
    edited March 2010
    Dsmart wrote: »
    America is a terrorist state.

Israel is a terrorist state, and also illegitimate.

Wouldn't really say that Israel is any less legitimate then any other country in the world. Country legitimacy is an iffy issue anyway. And if we are using the most literal meaning of the term "terrorist state" then yes, both U.S. and Israel are terrorist states...though I don't see how it neccessarily has any bearing on the thread itself.

DarkCrawler on
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Israel%20Islam%20World%20Map%20Crop.gif

I know this is a crass over-generalization of what exactly is happening, but cry me a fucking river, Palestine.

Atomika on
    edited March 2010
    Ferrus wrote: »

Ya, well our support for Israel is pretty strong.

I know a few places where criticism of Israel is appreciated here. For all the wrong reasons, however. *sigh*

Ferrus on
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    edited March 2010

I know this is a crass over-generalization of what exactly is happening, but cry me a fucking river, Palestine.

Ah, the old "all Muslims are the same" argument? Haven't heard that in a while.

DarkCrawler on
    edited March 2010

This has got to be a joke post, no way is someone this ignorant

1385396-1.png
    heavy.gif
    edited March 2010
    17 million Jews. over 1 billion muslims. seriously. Israel is a tiny, tiny speck of land. just let them have it.

And as a German I feel it is my obligation to support them.

Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't get what that map is supposed to mean. Muslims are a hive mind?

Couscous on
    edited March 2010
    17 million Jews. over 1 billion muslims. seriously. Israel is a tiny, tiny speck of land. just let them have it.

These are all joke posts, right?

DarkCrawler on
  • Saint MadnessSaint Madness Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh dear, this thread is going to get ugly.

Saint Madness on
    edited March 2010
    Couscous wrote: »
    I don't get what that map is supposed to mean. Muslims are a hive mind?

"Brown people own all this can't palestinians go somewhere's else the nerve of them!!"

1385396-1.png
    heavy.gif
    edited March 2010

It's not about the land the jews have now. It's about the shit they do to their neighbors.

Claiming Israel as a country is "illegal" is pointless. They're there, they won't go away, everyone has to deal with it.

None of this is an excuse to firebomb civilians though.

Ferrus on
    edited March 2010

I dunno, but after barely surviving as a people my countries genocide 70 years ago, I'd say they deserve some peace and not need the whole Muslim world organizing agaisnt them.

Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
    edited March 2010

I don't think anyone is saying that the alternative is to drive Israel into the sea.

More like: 7 million Israelis. 7 million Palestinians. The Gaza Strip, the West Bank and Palestine's pre-1967 territory are modest pieces of land. Just let them have it.

Andrew_Jay on
    edited March 2010

I dunno, but after barely surviving as a people my countries genocide 70 years ago, I'd say they deserve some peace and not need the whole Muslim world organizing agaisnt them.

How do you think the Palestinians feel after having the same thing done to them for just about 60 years now, on top of having their homes pulled out from under them then and now?

1385396-1.png
    heavy.gif
    edited March 2010
    Oh dear, this thread is going to get ugly.

I expected nothing less. The impossibility of even a moderately sane discussion on this topic is one of the reasons it's still an issue. Hell, if we can't weight fact against fact and come to a conclusion, why should politicians?

Ferrus on
  • SamSam Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Should we also take away some Arab land so the Catholics, Gypsies, Gays and Socialists can have a persecution free paradise?

Sam on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    To start with, not all Palestinians are Muslim.

Fencingsax on
    edited March 2010
    Sam wrote: »

Should we also take away some Arab land so the Catholics, Gypsies, Gays and Socialists can have a persecution free paradise?

I'd prefer to stop persecution by having the people stop persecution and allowing them to live in peace rather than giving them their own nation so they can do some good ol' persecution of their own.

Couscous on
    edited March 2010
    I have a suggestion. Stop firing rockets at Israel, and making threats against the countries existence and they might stop retaliating.

Israel has the right to do whatever they need to do to defend themselves against their openly hostile neighbours. Not only Palestine but also Syria and Iran.

Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
    edited March 2010
    I have a suggestion. Stop firing rockets at Israel, and making threats against the countries existence and they might stop retaliating.

Israel has the right to do whatever they need to do to defend themselves against their openly hostile neighbours. Not only Palestine but also Syria and Iran.
    Do I have to even bother with the grunt-work of reversing all of the names in that post?

Andrew_Jay on
    edited March 2010
    They aren't doing what they need to do. They are doing what makes them feel good-mainly revenge. DOing what they need to do would involve a long peace process involving much commitment and giving up some land.

Couscous on
    edited March 2010
    Andrew_Jay wrote: »

Do I have to even bother with the grunt-work of reversing all of the names in that post?

But Jay, we shouldn't expect the fairly wealthy and industrialized nation to act "civilized" while not expecting the guerrilla fighters to do the same thing. They are obviously equal!

Couscous on
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Andrew_Jay wrote: »

And thus begins the slow spiralling flame debate until we start accusing each other of either being anti semite or anti arab before the thread is locked. :?

WMain00 on
    edited March 2010

A Pictorial Guide to Everything That's Wrong With Your Post

*Israeli settlers destroy Palestinian homes, move in upon agreed upon Palestinian land*

Welp, not going to take this anymore

qassam-launch.jpg

hamas-rocket-causes-devastation-in-israel.jpg

*Israeli responds*

dad773c20453c2fe1f51aed.jpg

Don't do it again!

*pushes settlers into Palestinian territory*

1385396-1.png
    heavy.gif
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

And that place should be in Gaza and not Berlin because...?

TL DR on
    edited March 2010
    The peace-talk has been going on for centuries. Every time one side agrees to a ceasefire, some dickheads from the other side do something to ruin it. Either the actually anti-jewish extremists or some ultra-conservative group of jews. As long as these people have free reign, and they do as the elections in Israel show, there will be no peace.

Ferrus on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010

The majority of palestinians don't send the rockets.

There is no enforcement to stop those who do.

Civilians aren't responsible for the actions of terrorists.

Stop being a goose.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
    edited March 2010

A Pictorial Guide to Everything That's Wrong With Your Post

snip

don't bring a knive to a gun fight.

Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh hey, do we get to talk about extrajudicial executions in foreign countries ITT?

TL DR on
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    when you democratically elect a terrorist organization to lead your government, you are very much responsible

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Saint MadnessSaint Madness Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So when the IRA set off carbombs in Northern Ireland the RAF should have firebombed Dublin?

Ok, got it.

Saint Madness on