As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Still The Real [Final Fantasy Thread]

• Options
    smeejsmeej Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What am I to do with threads that betray me but show them death?

smeej on
    IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I maintain that if you think Shiva Bike is cool, then you are a terrible person.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    smeejsmeej Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    RPGs are fundamentaly improved by the inclusion of motorcycles.

250px-Hellbiker.jpg

smeej on
    IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Except that's the wussiest fiend. Bad example. :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    FuzzFuzz Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    wait, Shiva lesbian motorcycles?

Fuzz on
  • Options
    RanadielRanadiel Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Not just lesbians - sisters! The Shiva Summon is actually two idential female Eidelons which after you obtain them, form a motorcycle by locking their bodies together in what can only be described as scissoring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGkW_d22zVs

Ranadiel on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Please.. please let this be true.

Fuzz on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah. It's one of the first things shown off in videos from 4 years ago.

Renzo on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Also, when you summon Odin he can apparently fight alongside Lightning, or turn into a horse and she rides him for an attack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgQHWsdE_Ac

Ranadiel on
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ranadiel wrote: »
    Also, when you summon Odin he can apparently fight alongside Lightning, or turn into a horse and she rides him for an attack.

Isn't that how all of them work?

Like, first you summon them as a separate entity, then for their "limit break" they go into vehicle mode and you ride around on them for a big super ultimate attack.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Fuzz wrote: »
    It is true.

And it is fucking ridiculous, and there is nothing good or positive about it.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Blackjack wrote: »
    It is true.

Zerokku on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Like, first you summon them as a separate entity, then for their "limit break" they go into vehicle mode and you ride around on them for a big super ultimate attack.

Good question. I'm not sure to be honest. I think that it might have some novelty value to it if they all turned into some vehicle that pumped the summoner stats and abilities while they rode it, or transformed into a weapon of some kind that dealt a devestating attack. I don't have too much info on the other summons in the game though.

Lesbo-sister biker chicks may be completely gratiutous, but perhaps we're not looking at it in the right way. Maybe the Eidelons only transform into things based on what their summoners desire.

For example, Lightning enjoys fighting, but is also a girl, so it would make sense that Odin starts out as a badass warrior but can also turn into a pretty pony. Snow on the other hand is a typical alpha male who not only likes motorcycles, but gets turned on by the idea of two hot(cold?) chicks doing each other. In a moment of pure genius, he manages to combine the two concepts into the sluttiest chopper ever imagined.

Ranadiel on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010

Good question. I'm not sure to be honest. I think that it might have some novelty value to it if they all turned into some vehicle that pumped the summoner stats and abilities while they rode it, or transformed into a weapon of some kind that dealt a devestating attack. I don't have too much info on the other summons in the game though.

Lesbo-sister biker chicks may be completely gratiutous. But perhaps we're not looking at it in the right way. Maybe the Eidelons only transform into things based on what their summoners desire.

For example, Lightning enjoys fighting, but is also a girl, so it would make sense that Odin starts out as a badass warrior but can also turn into a pretty pony. Snow on the other hand is a typical alpha male who not only likes motorcycles, but gets turned on by the idea of two hot(cold?) chicks doing each other. In a stroke of genius, he manages to combine the two concepts into the sluttiest chopper ever imagined.

and hope gets a robot sumo wrestler because

uh

Rust on
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Rust wrote: »

Lesbo-sister biker chicks may be completely gratiutous. But perhaps we're not looking at it in the right way. Maybe the Eidelons only transform into things based on what their summoners desire.

For example, Lightning enjoys fighting, but is also a girl, so it would make sense that Odin starts out as a badass warrior but can also turn into a pretty pony. Snow on the other hand is a typical alpha male who not only likes motorcycles, but gets turned on by the idea of two hot(cold?) chicks doing each other. In a stroke of genius, he manages to combine the two concepts into the sluttiest chopper ever imagined.

uh

inner strength?

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    zychizychi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Has anyone tried to get, or has gotten, an invite to the FFXIV beta?

zychi on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgQHWsdE_Ac

I had no idea Vaan was in FF13.
    zychi wrote: »

According to a few people I've talked to, yes, the FFXIV International Alpha invites started going out today.

KiTA on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    zychi wrote: »

Signed up a while back but heard nothing since.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    edited March 2010

uh
    Hope nothing. Vanille gets a giant, turret-armed war mech.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    0blique0blique Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hmmm, it seems they keep making the summon animations more and more elaborate each time. I wouldn't be surprised if, in a future game, you spend 20 minutes fighting a boss battle, with 19 minutes just summon animations.

0blique on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

yeah, no kidding

there's no way to explain that
    there absolutely is a way to explain that

Rust on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I don't mind elaborate summon animations, so long as there's an in-game option to toggle them on and off.

Also anything can be explained. Perhaps Vanille likes cute animals, but also likes to blow things up.

Ranadiel on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

yeah, no kidding

there's no way to explain that
    there absolutely is a way to explain that

Uh ... chicks dig ... "hardware" ... ?

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I uh, loved X-2's incredible amount of camp to death, and yet I'm thinking XIII is way too silly for me, to the point I actually don't want to get it now. Is that odd?

Astale on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This thread is already dead.
    [IMG][/img]2ag6b8k.jpg

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    What just happened there? That's clearly Kefka, but who is the other guy? It's not Sabin, is it?

Ranadiel on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hint: who in the game has that hair color?

Also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUlFqL72iV0

• Options
    edited March 2010
    Just looked up the Shiva summon. Wasn't as hot as I imagined it..

Fuzz on
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hint: who in the game has that hair color?

Terra?

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hahaha yes, it's an incredibly manly looking Terra. You can see she's wearing a female chestpiece and she has the same hair.

I recognized the FotNS reference, just couldn't tell who the other person in the pic was.

Ranadiel on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The text reads "Vanish+Doom" by the way, in reference to the instant kill glitch.

Thus, the death that you are of, already.

• Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Zerokku wrote: »
    It is true.

Oh wah

Like unleashing the mythical three-headed dog that protected hell so it would, for some reason, cast Double (???) on everyone made more sense

Or that an unstoppable god would work for cash

Yeah

Christ :rollseyes:

Rent on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    It is true.

Oh wah

Like summoning two brothers who threw the enemies on a rock so high up into the air that when they crashed down, for some reason, Double was cast on everyone made more sense

Yeah

What summon is the bolded one?

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Fig-D wrote: »
    It is true.

Oh wah

Like summoning two brothers who threw the enemies on a rock so high up into the air that when they crashed down, for some reason, Double was cast on everyone made more sense

Yeah

the minotaur brothers from FFVIII, i think

except they didn't do that

Rust on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Fig-D wrote: »
    It is true.

Oh wah

Yeah

the minotaur brothers from FFVIII, i think

except they didn't do that

Whoops you're right

Editing the original post but quoting this so my stupidity is perserved

Rent on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Having to pay for Yojimbo for his attacks makes complete sense, because he is a samurai. Traditionally, they were warriors who expected to be paid for their talent.

Ranadiel on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Having to pay for Yojimbo for his attacks makes complete sense, because he is a samurai. Traditionally, they were warriors who expected to be paid for their talent.

Eh, mercenary, sure. But Samurai weren't swords for hire.

Samurai in service to a clan were typically paid in rice, with those serving territorial lords also being granted land.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    edited March 2010

No they weren't

That's what ronin were

Try again

Rent on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Then he's a ronin~

Edit: Actually, the term Yojimbo literally means "bodyguard" in japanese, so again, it would make sense for him to demand payment for his services.

Ranadiel on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It is true.

Oh wah

Like unleashing the mythical three-headed dog that protected hell so it would, for some reason, cast Double (???) on everyone made more sense

Yeah

Yes, Rent. That's what is offensive about the Shiva Bike. It is outlandish. WELL DONE.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png