As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Thanks, [chat]

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    feral, i love the shit out of your OP

I edited it. It is now an on-topic thread.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    desc wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Aww, I thought my [chat] was pretty awesome but this one deserves my support.

Just read it. It is awesome, but this [chat] is carebear stare time so it takes precedence.

That makes me want to Photoshop a communist carebear.

I just drew one on a post it note. Should I scan it Y/N?

Y!

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sequel thread is full of so much goosery.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Kakos, Kakos. Hang in there duder. You seem like good people. I mean, c'mon, ya got a commie dong and sickle as your av. How could we not love you?

<3

My brother always tells me (when I get down) "everything's going to be ok in the end; if things aren't ok, then this isn't the end."

iTunesIsEvil on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    I think I'm staying in the same hotel as Kakos.

Kakos, if someone yells something about Leonard Malton at you, that's me.

JustinSane07 on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Not gonna be conservative this game, bitch. I'm gonna be like nancy pelosi aborting a mulatto baby with a dildo on which is scrawled the communist manifesto inked in hash cake.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I want to post this book passage but it is so very long

Elendil on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Aww, I thought my [chat] was pretty awesome but this one deserves my support.

Just read it. It is awesome, but this [chat] is carebear stare time so it takes precedence.

That makes me want to Photoshop a communist carebear.

I just drew one on a post it note. Should I scan it Y/N?

Y!

4404521987_6e5934cf14_m.jpg

I didn't have time to draw the collapse of the capitalist system around him as I should so be getting work done. Back to Excel. :p

desc on
    edited March 2010
    squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee <3

is kakos still here? He needs to see this!

Feral on

edited March 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    Not gonna be conservative this game, bitch. I'm gonna be like nancy pelosi aborting a mulatto baby with a dildo on which is scrawled the communist manifesto inked in hash cake.
    I'm simultaneously horrified and paralyzed by laughter. :lol:

iTunesIsEvil on
    edited March 2010
    4404521987_6e5934cf14_m.jpg

I didn't have time to draw the collapse of the capitalist system around him as I should so be getting work done. Back to Excel. :p

This cannot be bottom-paged!

Feral on

• MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    MikeMan on
    edited March 2010
    Methinks desc is wasting his talents in Excel. More post-it sketches, sir! More, I say!

iTunesIsEvil on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    I just drank a 5 Hour Energy Shot.

Jesus CHRIST. What do they put in these things? I am UP, son. They should just turn this stuff into a powder and sell it on the street by the gram.

Sheep on
    edited March 2010
    Sheep wrote: »

Jesus CHRIST. What do they put in these things? I am UP, son. They should just turn this stuff into a powder and sell it on the street by the gram.
    Ladies and gentlemen, Sheep's last post.

MikeMan on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

think they already do

Captain Carrot on
    edited March 2010
    LOS ANGELES – What O.J. Simpson wore when he was acquitted in 1995 of murdering his ex-wife and her friend was the suit seen around the world during one of the most watched televised moments in history.

But the Smithsonian Institution, America's repository of historical artifacts, rejected it Tuesday as inappropriate for their collection.

Announcement of the museum's snub came the morning after a California judge approved the donation as the solution to a 13-year court battle over the carefully tailored tan suit, white shirt and yellow and tan tie. The ensemble has been held by Simpson's former sports agent, Mike Gilbert.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100302/ap_on_sp_ot/us_oj_simpson_suit

JustinSane07 on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    EM.

Is your enjoyment of street fighter linked in anyway to your enjoyment of chess?

they are very similar pleasures

completely non-random, skill-based games, largely based on the ability to control space and predict your opponent's behaviour

I think I should try out this chess.

it would help fight my addiction to fighting in the streets.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

the only reason you lose is because of mistakes in board analysis

i think being conservative will prevent that, because my game consists entirely of capitalizing on mistakes

Evil Multifarious on
    edited March 2010
    INDESTUCTABLE

MikeMan on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

So they really work huh?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Today is was an insanely beautiful day today. The weather was just perfect.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »

Ladies and gentlemen, Sheep's last post.

I wonder what would happen if I downed like... 5 of them. Taste terrible.

Reminds me of my first time taking Mucinex. I hadn't considered the fact that the reasons behind me providing my ID to buy it was because it was pumped full of amphetamine.

I take a few pills, hit work, and I'm blazing through some Solitaire.

Sheep on
    edited March 2010
    EM.

Is your enjoyment of street fighter linked in anyway to your enjoyment of chess?

they are very similar pleasures

completely non-random, skill-based games, largely based on the ability to control space and predict your opponent's behaviour

I think I should try out this chess.

it would help fight my addiction to fighting in the streets.

have you not played chess before?

you should also consider Go, which is the superior game, perhaps even the best game ever designed

Evil Multifarious on
    edited March 2010
    Methinks desc is wasting his talents in Excel. More post-it sketches, sir! More, I say!

Heh, care bears don't pay mah rent. I'm out the door in 5 minutes anyway.

Wooooo 405!

desc on
    edited March 2010
    Must be different for other people, my wife had a 5 hour energy thing and she went out like a light within an hour.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    I had played a level in Greed Corp for almost 30 minutes. I was about to win, but I misread a number thanks to my SD television and because of that I lost the game. Fuck.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

i think being conservative will prevent that, because my game consists entirely of capitalizing on mistakes

yeah well

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited March 2010
    you should also consider Go, which is the superior game, perhaps even the best game ever designed

Listen to EM. He speaks the truth.

desc on
    edited March 2010
    Man I've completely lost all confidence in dating sites. Since my hook up a few weeks ago, I haven't even bothered with them. I just don't feel like it anymore.

JustinSane07 on
    edited March 2010
    my game consists entirely of capitalizing on mistakes

This is pretty much how I play every game everywhere ever.

Which means I murder novices but get assraped by experts.

Feral on

edited March 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    I had played a level in Greed Corp for almost 30 minutes. I was about to win, but I misread a number thanks to my SD television and because of that I lost the game. Fuck.

Yes.

While I like the game, there were plenty of moments where I was super powerful but lost because of something otherwise insignificant.

EDIT

I also really like Go, especially from an aesthetic point.

I have terrible trouble wrapping my head around it. I played several several several games on Yahoo and just keep getting trounced and actually surprised at how someone snuck up on me.

Thats how I think of Go. Setting up ambushes and waiting for your opponent to allow you to spring them.

Sheep on
    edited March 2010

yeah well

of course you could also kamikaze my starting line to disrupt my pawn formation and attempt to capitalize on that

that also works

Evil Multifarious on
    edited March 2010
    Man I've completely lost all confidence in dating sites. Since my hook up a few weeks ago, I haven't even bothered with them. I just don't feel like it anymore.

Perhaps its the bait and not the fish thats the problem...

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited March 2010
    I love to castle in chess, thats the preacher number one strat, castling. Once I've done that I promptly lose the game.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I have a date for this Sunday.

A friend's friend had spare tickets for Star Wars in Concert and invited me. I don't know this girl, but aparently she thinks I'm worth 50 euro tickets to a sold out event based solely off what my friend has told her.

I am nervous...

Tav on
    edited March 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

My bait is fucking fantastic.

JustinSane07 on
    edited March 2010
    Tav wrote: »
    I have a date for this Sunday.

A friend's friend had spare tickets for Star Wars in Concert and invited me. I don't know this girl, but aparently she thinks I'm worth 50 euro tickets to a sold out event based solely off what my friend has told her.

I am nervous...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I WANTED TO GO TO THAT.

No one would go with me and I didn't want to go alone.

JustinSane07 on
    edited March 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

My bait is fucking fantastic.

Your little worm is nothing compared to Preach's wedding tackle.

Feral on

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Honk wrote: »

Yes.

While I like the game, there were plenty of moments where I was super powerful but lost because of something otherwise insignificant.

Exactly. I had spent the 50 bucks to buy an airlift. And I thought to myself, should I build 8 more so that I fly over with a full stack or should I go with my current 8? Oh look he only has one guy there. But in reality that number was 9. I was going to plant a harvester on a centre tile and that would've destroyed him.

Instead I had no money to recuperate and I went from clear winner to sore loser.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
This discussion has been closed.