As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel Solicits for July 2007

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Man, everyone looks so fucked.

Especially that Initiative dude.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    What the hell is Spider-Man doing?

And ha ha, Ghost Rider got douched.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Penance Stare didn't really help out the Rider now, did it.

And we're still waiting on Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk, so I guess they decided to appease the masses with that WWH: X-Men cover. ;)

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Johnny Blaze! Noooooo!

Also, I laugh at the Initiative punk. That's what you get for joining the Stark School for Gifted, Soon-To-Be Killed, Youngsters.

Oh, that reminds me. You're missing the cover to X-Men: WWH #1 where Hulk is strangling the Professor.

Ah, good times.

MiSTieOtaku on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Johnny Blaze! Noooooo!

Also, I laugh at the Initiative punk. That's what you get for joining the Stark School for Gifted, Soon-To-Be Killed, Youngsters.

Oh, that reminds me. You're missing the cover to X-Men: WWH #1 where Hulk is strangling the Professor.

Ah, good times.

WWH:XM #1 is June. Those are July solicts.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Johnny Blaze! Noooooo!

Ah, good times.

WWH:XM #1 is June. Those are July solicts.

Whoops. Right. My bad.

MiSTieOtaku on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I second that emotion. Looks like Hardball is fucked.

Edit: In Gamma Corps who is that Hulk-esque guy with the penciled on moustache?

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    LRGLRG Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Selling books.

What I'd like to know is why Hulk is fighting damn near everybody is in the marvel universe when it was only 4 guys who agreed to send him into space. If I was She-hulk/Spidey/anybody else, I'd be like "Fuck you, you fight the Hulk by yourself, wasn't that Civil War shit all about personal accountability?"

Guess that'd make more sense but then you couldn't make an event out of it.

LRG on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    LRG wrote: »

Selling books.

What I'd like to know is why Hulk is fighting damn near everybody is in the marvel universe when it was only 4 guys who agreed to send him into space. If I was She-hulk/Spidey/anybody else, I'd be like "Fuck you, you fight the Hulk by yourself, wasn't that Civil War shit all about personal accountability?"

Well, Iron Man is now basically the head-honcho of the heroes and most of them have been taking orders and working alongside him.

I can see why Hulk would get pissed and attack them as well.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    LRGLRG Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Selling books.

Well, Iron Man is now basically the head-honcho of the heroes and most of them have been taking orders and working alongside him.

"Fight the Hulk or take a vacation in the Negative Zone"

Iron man is inching his way to being one of my favourite villains.

Really, I hope Tony gets what is coming to him in a big fucking way.

LRG on
  • Options
    UFOffUFOff Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    saint2e wrote: »

Oh man, that Ghost Rider cover makes me a sad panda. I'm praying that Hulk just killed some random biker and those are his remains.

UFOff on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...yeah
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    UFOff wrote: »

Oh man, that Ghost Rider cover makes me a sad panda. I'm praying that Hulk just killed some random biker and those are his remains.

If you say so. Personally, I find that cover rather ... exciting.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited April 2007
    So, are they going to have to find a way to get Sentry to sit out World War Hulk? They "included" him in Civil War, but for such a powerful character, he sure didn't seem to do much other than appear in the background from time to time. This is why Sentry is such a bad fit for the Marvel U, they keep having to find ways to Nerf him.

DMAC on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    IF that cover is tellign of the fight I was hoping Ghost Rider would put up a little bit more of a fight than that. Course I figured he wouldn't stop him considering he is one of the first to square off against hulk.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    DMAC wrote: »
    So, are they going to have to find a way to get Sentry to sit out World War Hulk? They "included" him in Civil War, but for such a powerful character, he sure didn't seem to do much other than appear in the background from time to time. This is why Sentry is such a bad fit for the Marvel U, they keep having to find ways to Nerf him.

I certainly hope they dont sideline him. A Sentry/Hulk throwdown (to me) would be one of the best moments of the whole event.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Is Way writing that issue?

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    UFOff wrote: »

He'll just reform himself. You can't really kill the guy physically.

august on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    I second that emotion. Looks like Hardball is fucked.

Edit: In Gamma Corps who is that Hulk-esque guy with the penciled on moustache?

I think these are all new characters, but with powers based on, as I think the solict says, Doc Samson, Harpy, Abomination and Hulk.

Also, I see that Frontline cover still looks just as awful as it did the first time we saw it.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »

I certainly hope they dont sideline him. A Sentry/Hulk throwdown (to me) would be one of the best moments of the whole event.

Fuck yes

ben0207 on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    ben0207 wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »

Fuck yes
    JQ has said that Sentry will not be sitting out WWH, in fact he's supposed to play a major role.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    JQ has said that Sentry will not be sitting out WWH, in fact he's supposed to play a major role.

... as a punching bag, I hope. I hate Sentry so much.
    IF that cover is tellign of the fight I was hoping Ghost Rider would put up a little bit more of a fight than that. Course I figured he wouldn't stop him considering he is one of the first to square off against hulk.

Well, it is the second of a two-part tie-in. Like someone else said, Hulk could leave him like that at the end of GR 12 only for him to reform and have them go at it again.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The art for A:C-Wraith is fantastic

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Kinda hoping for Sentry and Hulk to be teaming up together to level the playing field

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Kinda hoping for Sentry and Hulk to be teaming up together to level the playing field
    Buh?

The playing field is level, Hulk is insanely powerful right now, and he has his also powerful Warbound and a small army backing him up.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So...how would a fight between Sentry and Hulk NOT end in five seconds? Because this talk of them fighting doesn't sound all that interesting to me. It sounds a lot like Fly Swatter versus Fly VIII, the Grudge Match.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    So...how would a fight between Sentry and Hulk NOT end in five seconds? Because this talk of them fighting doesn't sound all that interesting to me. It sounds a lot like Fly Swatter versus Fly VIII, the Grudge Match.

I suppose Sentry wanting to end with a peaceful solution and Hulk just wanting to destroy could tip the scales. I mean, just because Sentry has the power of a thousand exploding suns doesn't mean he'd ever use it... especially against someone he considers a friend.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Okay, how is it that Black Panther is making the Hulk bleed? Are his claws made of a vibranium-adamantium alloy or something?

Selling books.

If the Hulk is rampaging through New York City, do you really think Spidey (et. al.) are just going to stand by and let Stark and Co. deal with it?

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007

Selling books.

"Fight the Hulk or take a vacation in the Negative Zone"

Iron man is inching his way to being one of my favourite villains.

Really, I hope Tony gets what is coming to him in a big fucking way.

Spidey is the traditional whipping-boy for Marvel.
    Anytime he wins, he has to lose something. Basically, the universe keeps kicking him in the metaphorical balls.
    Therefore, I think he should be the one to kick Tony in his literal balls.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Okay, how is it that Black Panther is making the Hulk bleed? Are his claws made of a vibranium-adamantium alloy or something?

That's a strong possibility. Otherwise, I'd chalk it up to artistic license.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Sentry wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »

I suppose Sentry wanting to end with a peaceful solution and Hulk just wanting to destroy could tip the scales. I mean, just because Sentry has the power of a thousand exploding suns doesn't mean he'd ever use it... especially against someone he considers a friend.

At the power level Hulk is being depicted at right now. Im not sure the power of a thousand exploding suns could stop him.

What I'm saying here is The Sentry is pretty much the only one with enough brute strength to go toe to toe with Hulk.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »

I'd say that's a pretty reasonable guess, too. After all, the core advantage of Wakanda - before or after it's current state - was the massive pile of Vibranium it had. We know his suit is Vibranium (which is part of how he absorbs so much impact in it) so it stands to reason that his claws would be a bit tougher than others'. The problem is, who is there who can still manipulate adamantium these days?

We know Apocalypse, Magneto and presumably Lorna Dane could do so (depending on how back in control Lorna is of her powers, given that they're now not mutations but rather techno-powers from apocalypse), but where would BP get it? Unless they're going to say now that BP has the technology to re-form adamantium, it's a minor knit-pick.

That said, is the cutting the only part of a BP/Hulk conflict that's going to require suspension of disbelief?

mattharvest on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »

I'd say that's a pretty reasonable guess, too. After all, the core advantage of Wakanda - before or after it's current state - was the massive pile of Vibranium it had. We know his suit is Vibranium (which is part of how he absorbs so much impact in it) so it stands to reason that his claws would be a bit tougher than others'. The problem is, who is there who can still manipulate adamantium these days?

We know Apocalypse, Magneto and presumably Lorna Dane could do so (depending on how back in control Lorna is of her powers, given that they're now not mutations but rather techno-powers from apocalypse), but where would BP get it? Unless they're going to say now that BP has the technology to re-form adamantium, it's a minor knit-pick.

That said, is the cutting the only part of a BP/Hulk conflict that's going to require suspension of disbelief?

No, the fact that it's a comic may help on that point.

Calamity Jane on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I also doubt BP would fight Hulk on his own. No amount of Hudlin hate could possibly make anyone believe he'd write T'Challa as being stupid enough to do that. Also, Hudlin has no hand in the WWH event, so that question is moot anyway.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    ArthArth Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Oh god, World War Hulk: Front Line?

"OMG! Hulk! You knocked down half the telephone poles in the city! I lost my internet connection! I couldn't update my MySpace page or surf YouTube for funny videos!!! U R WORSE THAN CAPTN AMRCA!!! MIRITE?!?!?"

Arth on
    Artheleron.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Dude. How long do you guys think before Cap comes back?
    I mean, who stays dead in comics? Uncle Ben. That's it.
    I'm taking bets on how long till Cap comes back, and how they'll explain it.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Uncle Ben, yeah about that....

I love that WWH:X-Men #2 cover, I'm not a big wovlerine fan but he does get into some wonderful fights which look really cool with a decent artist behind the pens. Also that Ghost Rider cover is pure sex, that is one kick ass sword!

edit: just saw the spoilered covers for Nova #4,Silver Surfer and that Wraith dude and talk about jaw droppingly Beautisexful!

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Dude. How long do you guys think before Cap comes back?
    I mean, who stays dead in comics? Uncle Ben. That's it.
    I'm taking bets on how long till Cap comes back, and how they'll explain it.

Two words for you.

Cosmic Cube

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Wait. Ben's back? For real?

God dammit

Is nothing sacred to Marvel?

The rule used to be, "Only Uncle Ben, Bucky, and Jason Todd stay dead."
    Surprise! Bucky and Jason Todd are back, with new identities!
    And yes, I know Jason Todd has nothing to do with Marvel, but still, what the fuck?

Me Too! on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wait. Ben's back? For real?
    Technically, no.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Somebody said something to me about it being an alternate universe Uncle Ben who somehow wound up in 616.

Still, though.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif