As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, the Name Game {Tourney Spreadsheet in OP}

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You weren't using Rod on Fiddle

Really

Zen Vulgarity on
  • UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The first Mejai's nerf was hilariously inconsequential, I'm glad it's getting hit again. Stupid fucking snowball items.

UnknownSaint on
  • ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You weren't using Rod on Fiddle

Really

Mejai + Sorc Shoes + Haunting Guise + Brilliance Elixir

My strategy boils down to getting one or both neutral buffs, then using my brute AP and magic penetration to get 8+ charges on my Mejai and lots of moneys before most people have even completed their first epic item. An all-or-nothing approach, but the chips tend to fall on the "all" side more often than the "nothing" side.

I only get RoA when I'm up against people who seem savvy enough to disguise their movements, put wards up in the jungle, not push / initiate a teamfight when I'm MIA, and otherwise do things that screw over my ability to get early-to-midgame kills. Now I might get it simply because it seems more cost effective.

ChopperDave on
    3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I find it hilarious how many times they have changed the AP ratio on Wild Cards. One build Wild Card spam is in, next build its out, repeat ad infinitum. I think it was changed at least twice just in beta, if not more. I like that they're trying to make the other color cards more useful.

Also the spellshield fix is great for non TF players.

Nisi on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I do like now that destiny and gate are now tied together, since they always were anyway

I don't like his new passive ability

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited March 2010
    Seems like rageblade will be even better on him now. His new passive is pretty dumb. I guess it's good but, compared to some of the newer champions passives....

Nisi on
    edited March 2010
    Just make all of his abilities random

Zen Vulgarity on
  • bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nisi wrote: »
    Seems like rageblade will be even better on him now. His new passive is pretty dumb. I guess it's good but, compared to some of the newer champions passives....

Its better than extra 60 damage against turrets... especially as a cow who doesn't have any attack damage items.

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
    edited March 2010
    No picking a card

Just hit the button and you get a random card

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited March 2010
    bigwah wrote: »

Its better than extra 60 damage against turrets... especially as a cow who doesn't have any attack damage items.

Yes, but I think on the whole the newer champions have better passives.

Nisi on
    edited March 2010
    They do

Because most of them can laugh at towers and Gragas gets health all the damn time

Zen Vulgarity on
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    jothki wrote: »
    Has a patch ever reduced the missile speed on an ability?

Not that I know of, there have been several increases, but no reductions that I can remember.

I have also been of the camp of "no RoA on Fiddle". Lately I've been going Mejai/Sorc boots/Abyssal, then usually some mix of Rylai's, Warden's Mail, and Banshee's depending on how long the game is gonna last. I think Fiddle's main ganking strength is in early to mid game, where RoA isn't great.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • FalstaffFalstaff Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So I played Singed against an entirely AP team - including their tank, who was also Singed. By mid game it was pretty clear that Veigar was their carry, nutting all over our mediocre Twitch every time he popped up, and team fights were going either way.

And the game wouldn't end. Just kept going, and I just kept getting money. Until ---
    (Rod of Ages), Banshee's Veil, Merc Treads, Force of Nature, Spirit Visage. Including my talents and runes, I was rocking something like 250 MR and 215 hp/5.

Before I popped my ult.
    With Insanity Potion up I topped 300 MR (by quite a bit) and hp/5. It was glorious. Veigar's ult was doing maybe 1/9th of my health, which patched itself up in about 8 seconds, and their Fiddlesticks' crowstorm was like sitting in bathwater that's just slightly too hot.

Long story short I flipped 'em and dipped 'em and won the goddamned game.

Falstaff on
    Still verbing the adjective noun.
  • SvenSven Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I hate games like that. I had one last night playing as Mord, took us just shy of an hour to win.

Sven on
    steam_sig.png
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Fleck0 wrote: »
    I know we have a lot of blitz players. I usually go for trinity first and then just adapt to what's being thrown at me.

But for a damage item is there a general favorite for him?

i normally go sheen, boots 3, maybe trinity, if i want damage, get a BF sword, build infinity or cleaver.

shaco nerfs are a bit lame.

Feldorn on
  • Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Slicer wrote: »
    Destiny no longer slowing? This will be the best patch.

Edit: I hope that they have more buffs coming for Kat's KI, those buffs are rather underwhelming, especially when they promised good things for it.

thats not really the best part. The best part is that he can only gate kill every two min. Your not going to find him gating every 30s to a lane for a gold card kill. Hes not going to be always missing even though hes not a stealth hero. I think hes way more balanced this way. We'll see though. The cooldown on his ult didn't change much if I remember right. Last night we had a TF that could cast his ult every 30 seconds.

Paradox Control on
    \
    edited March 2010
    Slicer wrote: »
    Destiny no longer slowing? This will be the best patch.

Edit: I hope that they have more buffs coming for Kat's KI, those buffs are rather underwhelming, especially when they promised good things for it.

thats not really the best part. The best part is that he can only gate kill every two min. Your not going to find him gating every 30s to a lane for a gold card kill. Hes not going to be always missing even though hes not a stealth hero. I think hes way more balanced this way. We'll see though. The cooldown on his ult didn't change much if I remember right. Last night we had a TF that could cast his ult every 30 seconds.

Even more, he can't (if I understand the changes correctly) stealth gate. So, if you see those silly glowing orbs above your heads, its a visual warning that he could be gating and you can adjust your plan accordingly.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    edited March 2010
    i think i shall buy singed, and learn to play him.

suggestions from people?

i used to go sapphire -> catalyst
    boots 3
    RoA
    banshee's

also, if i get a chance to play tonight, i'm going to play some amumu and try a new build. it will go:
    doran's shield (ring maybe?)
    boots 1
    rylai's
    sorc boots
    then defensive stuff.

Feldorn on
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i was playing poppy last night and owning pretty hard early game

but i don't think i was casting diplomatic immunity right late game

i kept dying

and there was this one time where i got ganked by shaco and his double and immediately tried to find the furthest enemy champion to click in the teamfight who wasn't attacking me and diplomatic immunity him and did

and shaco got the killing blow on me

6 seconds did not pass

maybe i did misclick but i was sure i didn't

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    highly disappointed you didn't say poopy

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
    edited March 2010
    Feldorn wrote: »

suggestions from people?

Zoe's singed build works great.

Cleanse/Ghost for summoner spells, 0/15/15 (i think?) for masteries. I think my profile is still set for playing singed if you wanna look me up on pvp.net

Not sure if he uses the same item start as me or not, but I go sapphire+hp pots to catalyst, boots of swiftness, then stack RoA (banshees if needed).

I've had some success with this build, singed is a lot of fun to play.

Nisi on
    edited March 2010

suggestions from people?

boots 3
    RoA
    banshee's

I usually don't go for banshee's on tanky characters (unless there is a lot of magic damage goin' round). I'd say go with either a Archangel's Staff if the game is progressing quickly or another RoA if you have been farming up to the nines (say its still under 25 mins).

But probably the best advice for playing Singed I have is, cackle madly as you're poisoning creeps left and right, and in team fights play the part of the rodeo clown. Run around with your poison on as you keep baiting people to attack you then run away. Plus your fling is a great way to initiate if you can fling a squishy of theirs.

chrono_traveller on
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Run around with your poison on as you keep baiting people to attack you then run away.

You'd be surprised how many kills I've gotten just by baiting people to chase me when I'm down to a sliver of health as they run behind me in the poison stream. Granted that it only works on complete morons, it's still damned hilarious.

I generally run the RoA setup, I like the balance between AP and health (including the mana which works well with his passive).

Also, be ready to use your fling defensively as well as offensively - if you see a squishy teammate at risk of being ganked, you can use it to give him time to flee. They will be grateful. (Other fun uses of fling: drop an adhesive behind you and then fling them into it, fling them into a teammate's AOE, et cetera. I'm a flingin' fool.)

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Once I played as Nunu with a good Singed, and I made a point of giving him my Blood Boil buff whenever I heard him pop his ult.

Shit was hilarious - the dude ran around at lightspeed, leaving poison everywhere and flingin' fools left and right. I think he actually managed to outrun a Teemo.

ChopperDave on
    3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
    edited March 2010

suggestions from people?

Zoe's singed build works great.

Cleanse/Ghost for summoner spells, 0/15/15 (i think?) for masteries. I think my profile is still set for playing singed if you wanna look me up on pvp.net

Not sure if he uses the same item start as me or not, but I go sapphire+hp pots to catalyst, boots of swiftness, then stack RoA (banshees if needed).

I've had some success with this build, singed is a lot of fun to play.

who is this zoe?

Feldorn on
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Zoeloft

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Zoloft, aka. Eeyore

TyrantCow on
    edited March 2010
    Once I played as Nunu with a good Singed, and I made a point of giving him my Blood Boil buff whenever I heard him pop his ult.

Shit was hilarious - the dude ran around at lightspeed, leaving poison everywhere and flingin' fools left and right. I think he actually managed to outrun a Teemo.

Holy shit, I need to bribe one of my friends to try Nunu. That would be amazing.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    facetious wrote: »

Holy shit, I need to bribe one of my friends to try Nunu. That would be amazing.

Make sure to have Janna for the extra 3% aswell

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
    edited March 2010
    It's me

I would blood boil you

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited March 2010

suggestions from people?

boots 3
    RoA
    banshee's

I tend to go Catalyst -> boots 1 -> RoA -> merc treads (or very rarely tabi). As long as you have ghost and your ult you shouldn't be having issues getting flings off when you absolutely need to, and merc treads will ensure you get where you need to go on attack or retreat. Also, every bit of armour and MR multiplies when your ult is up, but its speed buff is now only additive.

From there I like to get a Banshee's if we're low on tanks or if they're high on AP casters. Or if they have an Ashe. I know the BV is not strictly necessary on a tank, but as an initiator it's priceless. Charging through a Veigar's event horizon or an Anivia's frost ball to get the flip off can be the difference between winning and losing a team fight, and the MR, health and mana (which gives even more health, due to Singed's passive) is pretty goddamned solid for tanking. But then again I get flash instead of cleanse, so if you do go with cleanse (which is probably smarter, to be honest) then the BV won't be as crucial.

If their team is stacked with auto attack carries - Ashe, Teemo, Yi, Gangplank etc - then I may pick up a Frozen Heart instead.

If the fight is going really well or if we have a surplus of tanky types I grab another RoA.

From there it's Force of Nature for MR, a Warden's Mail if auto attackers are still an issue, and an Abyssal Sceptre if we need damage. If somehow the game continues past this point then I get a spirit visage for hilariously overpowered ult regen.

Edit - A small tip for early game: learn the "puff and pass" rule of farming and harassing. You don't need to lay a carpet of poison to kill creeps - just a half second puff will affect everything immediately around you and hang for a bit after - so conserve your mana bar. If you're careful not to be a sloppy Singed then you will have more than enough mana to start making your opponents' lives miserable by level 4.

Falstaff on
    edited March 2010
    so after looking at some guides, i reckon i'll build like this:

regrowth pendant
    catalyst
    boots 1
    rod
    merc treads or swiftness
    rylai's
    force of nature

for build, toss, poison, poison, goo and then ult, poison, toss, goo, or something like that.

hopefully i'll get a chance to play with it tonight.
    Falstaff wrote: »
    If you're careful not to be a sloppy Singed then you will have more than enough mana to start making your opponents' lives miserable by level 4.

but what if nidalee's voice clips makes me shoot my goo off every CD D:

Feldorn on
    edited March 2010
    Gotta throw in a resounding "Meh" on the Rlyai's. You have a powerful AoE slow at your disposal, and a well aimed flip shouldn't need to slow a fool to fuck him.

Edit: never let a bitch bait you into shooting your goo early. You'll end up too exhausted to do anything useful when the real action starts.

Falstaff on
    edited March 2010
    well, the rylai's also gives good HP and AP. and that extra slow is never bad. what if you're running from a gank and everything is on CD!!! or keeping someone slowed during a gank.

Feldorn on
    edited March 2010
    Falstaff wrote: »
    A small tip for early game: learn the "puff and pass" rule of farming and harassing. You don't need to lay a carpet of poison to kill creeps - just a half second puff will affect everything immediately around you and hang for a bit after - so conserve your mana bar. If you're careful not to be a sloppy Singed then you will have more than enough mana to start making your opponents' lives miserable by level 4.

I like to get up right in front of approaching creeps and run away from them while dropping a quick cloud that they'll run into before they initiate with my friendly creeps.

I think right now my main question with Singed is when I should put my first level into the goo. It's mostly a question of if I want to get a slightly more powerful fling with a tradeoff for a higher mana cost early in the game. If I don't level it before I get the ult*, I usually don't bother until level eight or nine.

*So basically, level four is where the choice comes up. I can't level poison, so it's either fling 2 or goo 1.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

edited March 2010
    i plan to drop 1 point in goo at lvl 4

Feldorn on
    edited March 2010
    I'd go that way too. If you expect to be in a gank attempt before level 7, I'd say go with goo. Besides, at that point, mana is till a bit dicey, and I'd rather have a lower cost flip.

chrono_traveller on
    edited March 2010
    That's been my reasoning lately - for a while I was getting goo rather late, but then I figured the reduced cost of fling if nothing else made it viable earlier on.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    do we have any resident poppy players that can make me suck a liiiittle less

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    nealcm wrote: »
    do we have any resident poppy players that can make me suck a liiiittle less

use all your abilities at the appropriate time and in the appropriate situations.

TyrantCow on