As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[mini] Starship Troopers - Planet P - Day 6 - GAME OVER. MAFIA WINS

• RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I started both sides of ridiculously strong but i also put in caveats for things to happen

when 2 of the unmasoned "teams" died, the rescue ship would arrive and depart 2 days earlier

some people were inactive, and that definitely hurt the villagers, ARASAKI

Warrior bugs behaved pretty stupidly, and all ran for the closest member. All their moves were simultaneous, so dozens of them could all attack the same person at once, even though only 1 of them would kill him. This would have been good if the goods decided to send out "decoys"

Lemminghead was the seer. He did not seer a single mafia. I'm not sure if he seered anything other than villagers :P

The kills per day were important. I set it up so if the village managed to kill enough bugs every turn, the mafia kill was blocked. it definitely saved their asses a few times

Raneados on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Looking was handled on a basic RNG depending on the tile with difference chances of finding different things depending on where you looked.

10 looks in any tile would cause a hole to open. This never happened. it was CLOSE though

yeah the vig and seer were masoned. I really wanted the goods to have a good chance, but the mafia did real well. they'd have done better if they'd gotten ANY fucking grenades. Ah well

yeah the seer got all info. He just never seered anyone of real consequence

Raneados on
    edited March 2010
    i also didn't obey m,y own "actions are final" rule. I had to give that up when i realized I wouldn't be around most days to answer questions n stuff, so i let people amend their actions. I also had to fix a few actions when people tried to act illegally

Raneados on
    edited March 2010
    overall, I'm happy with it, it came down close to the end and could have gone either way, even with a little inactivity

it was a SHITload of work behind the scenes, and thus the 2-3 hour narration time most days

Raneados on
    edited March 2010
    Final Kill board with the amended last day

Burnage never got his last tanker shot or attacks in, so he lost those 28 kills (ouch)

The Giga Drill Breakers 52
    The Others 50
    Death Squad 35
    The Big Name Players 25
    The Ghosts 16
    allPha Squad 9
    Rosario+Troopers 7
    The Totally Not Evil Soldiers Who Aren't Going To Shoot You In The Back At All, Seriously 6
    The Gilded Champions 3
    DeWitt's Dolls 3
    Squad SMRT 3
    Prettiest in Pink 1

Posthumous Medals

Killed the most bugs
    Delphinidaes

Biggest Flub
    TheLawinator
    killing 2 good guys i think

Best comeback
    TheLawinator
    killing mafia dudes to help the village and going with his instincts on who was evil

Most kills By a squad in a day
    Egos

Most inactive
    Arasaki
    probably not allowed in my phallas any more

most illegal moves
    Burnage
    :P

Raneados on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hahaha, 5 posts in a row? Nice Rane :P.

Anyways, thanks for running! I really had a blast, even after I died, it was very entertaining and ended up really close.

Which squad was "The Totally Not Evil Soldiers Who Aren't Going To Shoot You In The Back At All, Seriously"? That sounds like something I'd name haha.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited March 2010
    kime wrote: »

you've seen me post before, right?

Anyways, thanks for running! I really had a blast, even after I died, it was very entertaining and ended up really close.

Which squad was "The Totally Not Evil Soldiers Who Aren't Going To Shoot You In The Back At All, Seriously"? That sounds like something I'd name haha.

Burnage

Raneados on
    edited March 2010
    just for S's and G's

here's the list

1. LemmingHead – good Seer
    The Big Name Players
    1. Blarney
    2. Infidel
    3. Ardor
    4. Sunkist
    5. Rawwking Okayguy

2. Dunadan019
    The Glove Fuckers

3. The_Reflection
    The Boston City Jerkrags
    1: Johnathan Fuck
    2: Jeremy Jizzstain
    3: Dorian Cockvomit
    4: Kristina Kumdumpster
    5: Senor Spooge-on-her-face

4. Gumpy
    The Others
    Rank 1: Marlish
    Rank 2: Stewart
    Rank 3: Tuttle
    Rank 4: Lydia
    Rank 5: Lady

5. Delphinidaes - Cyberactive
    The Giga Drill Breakers
    1: Kamina
    2: Simon
    3: Yoko
    4: Nia
    5: Viral

6. romanqwerty - Demolitions
    Jack’s Rangers
    1. Commander Jack "the boss" Helical
    2. Colonel Cecil "the goldfish" Juarez
    3. Captain John "the robot" Silver
    4. Private Jimothy "tim" Tims
    5. Trainee Raaargh "???" Bargle

7. Arasaki
    Prettiest in Pink

8. Minor Second
    Bisk's Beasts

9. Tommy2Hands - Strike Team
    The Watch
    1. Vimes
    2. Carrot
    3. Nobbs
    4. Angua
    5. 'The Librarian'

10. kime - mafia
    The Squad of Cake-eating Insects!
    1) Beel
    2) Duny
    3) Burnburn
    4) Waffles
    5) Tom

11. B:L
    Rosario+Troopers
    1. Moka
    2. Kurumu
    3. Mizore
    4. Yukari
    5. Ruby

12. Egos
    Death Squad
    1. Reaper
    2. Scythe
    3. Crow
    4. Tombstone
    5. Zombie

13. El Skid – mafia vig
    Squad SMRT
    1 (Lisa)
    2 (Marge)
    3 (Homer)
    4 (Maggie)
    5 (Bart)

14. Aegis – Takedown team
    allPha Squad

15. TheLawinator – good Vig
    The Ghosts

16. Trust
    The Redshirts

17. Burnage
    The Totally Not Evil Soldiers Who Aren't Going To Shoot You In The Back At All, Seriously
    Soldier 1.
    Soldier 2.
    Soldier 3.
    Soldier 4.
    Soldier 5.

18. jdarksun
    The Gilded Champions

19. KingMole - mafia
    Hakanor's Reavers
    1. Hakanor
    2. Madelos
    3. Caustos
    4. Khargoth
    5. Calibos

20. SlickShughes - mafia
    DeWitt's Dolls
    1. Echo
    2. Alpha
    3. Whiskey
    4. Sierra
    5. November

Raneados on
  • KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    kime wrote: »

That's nothing.

Go check out the Fellowship proboards from Neville's LotR phalla.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey, I control the Big Name Player's List. That list above is blasphemy!!!

Also, it's not even Official.

samurai6966 on
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    they'd have done better if they'd gotten ANY fucking grenades. Ah well

By the end I was starting to think we just flat weren't allowed grenades. Out of the 20 orders I issued, 15 of them were look.

Also that kills per day thing really did save the villagers ass quite a bit, the first time it stopped our kill we were targeting Law.

SlickShughes on
    edited March 2010
    i'm surprised more people didn't comment on it

I did notice more villagers start attacking after that, though

and turrets were pretty well used

a couple of times, people should have gotten on a turret and maybe lost a man rather than scuttle back into hiding, but ah well good game

Raneados on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If I hadn't missed those orders on that one day

I would have had the most kills

and it would have been glorious

Gumpy on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think we can all blame burnage for this loss.

Dunadan019 on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yep, my bad.

Burnage on
    edited March 2010
    Wait, even if we'd voted out Skid last night... we still had to vote a player out each day, and last two more days? D: So best case scenario was that one player made it out alive...

Burnage on
  • ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I had no idea where you moved my squad day 2, they didn't start in the places where I asked and you never told me where they were so until everyone else moved out on day 4 (I think) I didn't know where I could go. The premise was fun, and I probably should have just bowed out so apologies for that.

Arasaki on
    edited March 2010
    Arasaki wrote: »
    I had no idea where you moved my squad day 2, they didn't start in the places where I asked and you never told me where they were so until everyone else moved out on day 4 (I think) I didn't know where I could go. The premise was fun, and I probably should have just bowed out so apologies for that.

Wait, you asked him for information and he refused to give it? o_O

Gumpy on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Burnage wrote: »
    Wait, even if we'd voted out Skid last night... we still had to vote a player out each day, and last two more days? D: So best case scenario was that one player made it out alive...

I would imagine that once the mafia was gone the need to vote would be gone...but it's not my game, so you'd have to ask Rane to be sure.

As it was...that was ALOT of bugs coming in, so you may not have made it.

El Skid on
    edited March 2010

yuppppp

Raneados on
    edited March 2010
    El Skid wrote: »

I would imagine that once the mafia was gone the need to vote would be gone...but it's not my game, so you'd have to ask Rane to be sure.

As it was...that was ALOT of bugs coming in, so you may not have made it.

Yeah, Rane explicitly said so in last night's faux-narration.
    You still need to vote out a squad every round

Also, I completely misunderstood the rules of this game. I had no idea that you couldn't fire over building walls, and for the first night I thought that you could jump over a building or base wall from the inside. Turns out this was not the case!

Burnage on
    edited March 2010
    yeah, that came under the heading of "things raneados thought were obvious but really weren't"

Raneados on
    edited March 2010
    Arasaki wrote: »

i don't remember what you PMed me, but most of it turned out to be illegal moves, so the best i could do was

1 (H8) -> H6, Attack H4, H5
    2 (H8) -> H6, Attach I4, I5, I6
    3 (H8) -> E7, Attack D7
    4 (H8) -> E9, Attack D8
    5 (H8) -> E9, Attack D9

Arasaki did you know you got a kill through inactivity :P. You defeated a flier that couldn't find anyone to kill

Raneados on
    edited March 2010
    i'll tell you this:

my next phalla will be

less

fucking

complicated

Raneados on
    edited March 2010
    i'll tell you this:

my next phalla will be

less

fucking

complicated

This one was a good one

But battle Phallas always end up light on the in thread activity because everyone gets really paranoid about murderation

Gumpy on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Why the hell would anyone listen to a most-likely baddy. I wanted El Skid dead days ago!

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Why the hell would anyone listen to a most-likely baddy. I wanted El Skid dead days ago!

You know I don't even blame Burngage. We were doing the best we could with a bad situation. We managed NOT to kill off the seer the night after I was verified and were able to get a mafia vig'd the same night as well.

Considering the RAMPANT inactivity by the village I'm content with us getting as far as we did.

I do have one question though.

Lemming and Gumpy, where were the votes last night? The only reason I switched to arasaki is because I figured the village network needed to keep our vote all on one person, If you guys would have voted El skid as planned I wouldn't have had to switch over :(

Overall though I had a blast and really enjoyed playing out the various scenarios. I figured it's the only thing that kept me alive early on. I really thought I was in for it once I opened that hole in the north building though, luckily I had found AP rounds in the process and was able to shoot my way out.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    edited March 2010

It's funny, because I wanted YOU dead days ago. Stupid too-many-kills-on-bugs-so-no-kill-for-you :-/

El Skid on
    edited March 2010

You know I don't even blame Burngage. We were doing the best we could with a bad situation. We managed NOT to kill off the seer the night after I was verified and were able to get a mafia vig'd the same night as well.

Considering the RAMPANT inactivity by the village I'm content with us getting as far as we did.

Lemming and Gumpy, where were the votes last night? The only reason I switched to arasaki is because I figured the village network needed to keep our vote all on one person, If you guys would have voted El skid as planned I wouldn't have had to switch over :(

Overall though I had a blast and really enjoyed playing out the various scenarios. I figured it's the only thing that kept me alive early on. I really thought I was in for it once I opened that hole in the north building though, luckily I had found AP rounds in the process and was able to shoot my way out.

Lemming is not around near vote close. I told you this the day before. You are the bads. Also Gumpy is a brit.

TheLawinator on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Burnage.

Yes, I'm sure El "Sudden-Explosion-Of-Activity-And-Analysis-To-Save-Himself" Skid is much less suspicious than "Bandwagoned-by-the-Bugs-Inactive" Arasaki.

This is what happens when you listen to a thrall who wanted us to lose in the first place. :P

Besides, El Skid never lies? The only Never's you should listen to in a phalla is that B:L is Never Evil and kime is Never Good.

I hacked open the good proboards here:

http://planetalphabravo.proboards.com/index.cgi

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man, I would have been useful in those last rounds

I got permanent AP rounds, which meant that I could kill 30 bugs a turn

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited March 2010
    El Skid is going to get grudged. 10 grudges for taking advantage of stupid people.

TheLawinator on
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Lemming is not around near vote close. I told you this the day before. You are the bads. Also Gumpy is a brit.

To be fair it wasn't about the switching at last minute. I was talking about the fact that they didn't vote at all :)

But we were plagued with inactives, and missed votes the entire game :(

On a positive note this was the frist time I was actually seered by the network! Woohoo!

It's just a bummer I had somehow managed to start a bandwagon on the seer the following day :lol:

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    edited March 2010
    El Skid is going to get grudged. 10 grudges for taking advantage of stupid people.

You...you could grudge the stupid people instead.

Just sayin'.

El Skid on
    edited March 2010
    For the record

I was in london and drunk and tired when El Skid contacted me

and Burnage already voted to save him soooooooo I assumed the network had done its thing

taking advantage of a guy in a weakened state of mind

for shame

Gumpy on
  • LemmingHeadLemmingHead Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

To be fair it wasn't about the switching at last minute. I was talking about the fact that they didn't vote at all :)

On a positive note this was the frist time I was actually seered by the network! Woohoo!

It's just a bummer I had somehow managed to start a bandwagon on the seer the following day :lol:

I voted, silly goose. :(
    *poke* *poke*

This thread needs a wake-up!

Thank you, El Skid, for volunteering.

I TOLD YOU HE WAS EVIL.

Well played, Skid.

LemmingHead on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hugs!
    edited March 2010

I voted, silly goose. :(
    *poke* *poke*

This thread needs a wake-up!

Thank you, El Skid, for volunteering.

I TOLD YOU HE WAS EVIL.

Well played, Skid.

I just had to pick on the masoned seer to try and get voted out. hahaha

And you did indeed. Well played yourself with the days of getting ahead in votes and then shifting it to someone else, thus avoiding my desire to vig you :P

El Skid on
    edited March 2010
    That was my amazing plan.

TheLawinator on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Were inactives warned? I feel as though they weren't....

Egos on
    edited March 2010
    really the only constant inactive was arasaki

nobody was kicked for inactivity

Raneados on