As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Artist's Corner [CHAT] thread

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    bebarce wrote: »
    have you completely removed the screw? and no distance isn't always a factor. Especially if internally a chassy extends out towards it.

yeah, more photos here.

It COULD be an internal structure, but I think it's unlikely. I'll try smacking it a bit.
    My dog died.

I am sad.

man, that sucks.

tynic on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I didn't even see it coming. I mean, she was like eighteen years old, but she still seemed so peppy. The vet said she was bleeding internally because of some hemorrhaging off a tumor on her liver or spleen I guess. My dad ended up putting her down.

Man I'm so sorry to hear that
    I've had so many animals go and it never gets easier, they really become part of your life
    Eighteen years is an amazing life for a dog, i bet she was wonderful.

RubberAC on
  • Options
    bebarcebebarce Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What is the name of the product? Who makes it? Did you remove the screw completely?

Also sorry about the pup.

bebarce on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    What is the name of the product? Who makes it? Did you remove the screw completely?

Sorry, I'm on the phone at the moment. Lifetimer, iWoot, yes I did before but now I can't? that's weird.

tynic on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    RubberAC wrote: »
    I didn't even see it coming. I mean, she was like eighteen years old, but she still seemed so peppy. The vet said she was bleeding internally because of some hemorrhaging off a tumor on her liver or spleen I guess. My dad ended up putting her down.

Man I'm so sorry to hear that
    I've had so many animals go and it never gets easier, they really become part of your life
    Eighteen years is an amazing life for a dog, i bet she was wonderful.

Man, she was one of a kind. The first female dog I ever saw hump stuff. She'd gather up blankets in a ball or couch pillows and go to town on them.

Thanks for the condolences guys, really.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sorry DDV, that really sucks.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hmm, there online chat is offline.
    There phone numbers are
    0844 573 7070 - (UK)
    +44 208 655 7598 - (International)
    in case you have a good long distance plan.

If you're unable to remove the screw try a very small flat head tweaker placed on the edge of the screw head and use another screwdriver as you remove it. Eventually you might be able to get the screw out by slowly prying it up with the flathead as you spin it. You'll definitely have to have the screw completely removed to remove the case.

bebarce on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bebarce, i know i'm not the one being helped, but you are quite awesome.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My dog died.

I am sad.

Oh man DDV, I am so sorry. Having your dog die is one of the worst things you can ever go through.

Mustang on
  • Options
    IkageIkage Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Augh geez DDV that is sad to hear, as a dog owner all my life I know the pain.

But she lived to a long ripe age though.

Ikage on
    STRONGER THEN DIRT!! DIRT STRONG!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, what is that in dog years? 126?

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well, the Dog years thing is a misnomer.

Larger dogs don't live nearly as long as the smaller ones...

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    edited March 2010
    She was a rat terrier.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    If you're unable to remove the screw try a very small flat head tweaker placed on the edge of the screw head and use another screwdriver as you remove it. Eventually you might be able to get the screw out by slowly prying it up with the flathead as you spin it. You'll definitely have to have the screw completely removed to remove the case.

Yeah, that's probably the source of the problem. The screw is completely loose but for some reason won't come all the way out. I'll have a go at prying it out.

Thanks, B-man!

tynic on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    RubberAC wrote: »
    man am i the only person who like
    keeps their word about everything
    I've never stood anyone up as far as I know
    yet in the past week I have been stood up 3 times
    I'm not like, devastated about it or anything but like
    shit, people could at least tell me so I can make plans and go do something instead of sit around waiting all day.
    shit's boring

Nah don't worry, I got hit with that loads of times before back during high school.

It rarely happens nowadays, but usually i'll bring something to work on while i'm waiting around so i'm not wasting my time. If nobody shows up in 15-ish minutes, i'll either bounce right there or call the person to see what's up. If there's no reply i'll get up and leave; if they pick up and tell me they're on the way i'll stick around for another 15.

Works out pretty well.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    tynic wrote: »

Yeah, that's probably the source of the problem. The screw is completely loose but for some reason won't come all the way out. I'll have a go at prying it out.

Thanks, B-man!

Hope it work out for you. You'll possibly find some of the plastics broken when you do eventually crack it open. I'd call the company and inform them that the screw was spinning to begin with, and possibly be returned under a warranty.

You might also try to inform them that you're unable to use the "last time I've had sex" feature of the alarm clock due to its lack of a second timer.

It might help in the RMA process.

bebarce on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    You might also try to inform them that you're unable to use the "last time I've had sex" feature of the alarm clock due to its lack of a second timer.

It might help in the RMA process.

It doesn't have a second timer for the sex button??!?

Worst christmas present ever.

tynic on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Why does it seem like 90% of dudes that own scrap yards are complete tool bags.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    behavioral modification due to repeated tetnis treatments?

bebarce on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Forbe! wrote: »

Because they are the same people who think they can win at monopoly by buying the cheap lots.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    We went to one junk yard, and the dudes were really helpful, and told us where some stuff might be. We bought 280 pounds of iron for $70. Then I buy like 20 pounds of sheet from this other place and they gouge the hell out of the price and I end up paying $20.

Silly geese.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Mornin'. Feeling slightly less like crap after sleeping for 11 hours.

Flay on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    Does anyone happen to have a March 1948 copy of Popular Science?

I really want to know what the hell this is all about.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ah, no doubt that was printed during the surprise spate of post-war roof-top joyrides. I blame nuclear testing.

tynic on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm just glad the dog made it to safety.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Because they are the same people who think they can win at monopoly by buying the cheap lots.

Uh metal

you know the easiest way to win is by buying the light blue lots and the pink lots, right??

Kochikens on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I always kick ass by buying orange or yellow.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Mathematically the best purchases are those two.

http://www.amnesta.net/other/monopoly/

Kochikens on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Kochikens wrote: »

Uh metal

you know the easiest way to win is by buying the light blue lots and the pink lots, right??

It's not the strategy so much as the mindset.

It's thinking you'll make it rich by charging 2 bucks for rent simply because you're the first, closest thing to payday. It's preying on desperation and impatience by collecting and saving other people's garbage. It's assigning an arbitrary value to a worthless item as a reflection of your own self worth and then railing against god and fate when someone else throws their two dollars at you and walks away laughing, and realizing all too late that your value in the world is tied up in the things around you because you made it that way yourself.

That's why you never, ever, buy the cheap lots.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    Man, it feels cold in my apartment lately. I'm not sure whether it's because of the weather or it's just that my now broken desktop is no longer pumping out heat all day everyday.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    no, it's because southern california is fucking cold right now.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I buy whatever the fuck I actually land on.

Then 3 hours later I trade all of my pieces to the losing guy for 100 dollars there buy screwing over the one who would otherwise win.

I'm a douche-bag savior.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited March 2010
    Oh, what is it? 55? 60? Fucking BRRRR.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    55 is burr?

If my allergies weren't making me shiver in my room I'd be out in shorts and a t-shirt!

Nappuccino on

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    55 is burr?

If my allergies weren't making me shiver in my room I'd be out in shorts and a t-shirt!

Hear hear.

I'm wearing flip flops if it gets 55-60 here. Super nice weather.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I once played a e-monopoly game against an AI opponent and managed to keep him alive by offering him enough cash for him not to refuse and just enough to keep him from going bankrupt. I ended up owning the entire board with hotels on every property. It was pretty sweet.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    55 is burr?

Man I am glad I don't have any allergies. At least none that I have discovered yet.

Flay on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well, as far as I know, I've never had my allergies be this bad. I usually get a sinus headache or two or a runny nose. But today i've had a leaky faucet installed where my nose used to be and been sneezing and coughing up a lung while shivering.

My roommate gave me some Clari-tin a few hours ago (since I rarely get allergies bad enough to worry about, i didn't have any) and that's taken care of me pretty good. Medicine is awesome :)

Nappuccino on

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sorry to hear that, DDV. :C

My mom's black toy poodle (female) was also the first female dog I'd seen hump anything. It's actually completely hilarious - she has a "tiny pink dog" toy, and sometimes when she humps it, her backside ends up in the air, with her legs off the ground, kicking furiously.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    How does one test for allergies? I assume it would be some sort of scientific process, but in my mind it's just a couple of guys in lab coats, a patient strapped to a chair and a box full of random objects.

"Okay, lets try this cat."
    "Nope, nothing."
    "Peanut-butter"
    "No."
    "Okay, what if we smeared peanut-butter on the cat and..."

Flay on
This discussion has been closed.