As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let Satan Into Your Body: Tattoo Thread

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Stale wrote: »
    I actually prefer to keep it terrible.

It's a constant reminder

that god hates you?

PiptheFair on
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »

It's a constant reminder

that god hates you?

That I'm prone to stupidity

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • 28682868 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

It's a constant reminder

I have an off the wall 18 yr old birthday tattoo on my back, my artist refuses to cover it up. She tells me it's a valuable lesson. It says love or something gay, a little message for whomever is cornholing me I guess. Who knows what I was thinking.

It is a valuable reminder that I was shitty when I was 18.

2868 on
    Warhams. Allatime warhams.

buy warhams
  • GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

It's a constant reminder

that god hates you?

I think the fact that Stale has gotten the rawest deal would remind him of that.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Houk wrote: »
    snip
    is that a chinese character on your forearm there?

if so, did you know that it's on backwards?

you're a quick one there Houk

and before you get all huff-puff. Yes it is. and while yes, I do have another character that was gotten when I was 17, drunk, and stupid. This one I got at 23.

it was suggested by my Neurologist and Physical Therapist. Both chinese natives. If you notice, it's on my forearm exactly where the fore-arm cuff of my cripple sticks rest. I have another on the back of my neck, my physical therapist could never pronounce my last name for some reason, so he started referring to me by it instead. "Man/Mountain"

The one on my chest is who knows what, and serves as a reminder to think things through a little bit before I do them.

Oh fuck, I am glad you have a good story for the man/mountain one. I saw that at the new years thing and had reservations about saying anything. Funny story, in high school I was taking Japanese and saw a girl with that same Kanji, asked her what she meant and she told me "angel". Asked my teacher the next day and he said it meant more like hermit or sage. Good times.

Here is my half sleeve I got over the holidays.

23971_1346377216064_1130302219_1117.jpg

23971_1346377256065_1130302219_1117.jpg

23971_1346377176063_1130302219_1117.jpg

My best friend from high school did it for me. He dropped out of college with like 3 classes to go to start piercing and eventually lead to tattooing. He is doing pretty good for himself and has his own shop with another guy in metro detroit.

Going back to kanji tattoos, one of the first tattoos he did was one of our dormmates back in college. They guy found kanji for "skillful hacker" or something like that. Got back and showed it to me. Odd look, odd look, I think that last kanji is upside down. Whoops.jpg

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    2868 wrote: »
    It says love or something gay

One would think you could remember what your own tattoo says.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • 28682868 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Gafoto wrote: »
    2868 wrote: »
    It says love or something gay

One would think you could remember what your own tattoo says.

One would think you could get a joke.

2868 on
    Warhams. Allatime warhams.

buy warhams
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    risumon wrote: »
    Going back to kanji tattoos, one of the first tattoos he did was one of our dormmates back in college. They guy found kanji for "skillful hacker" or something like that. Got back and showed it to me. Odd look, odd look, I think that last kanji is upside down. Whoops.jpg
    you didnt go to western michigan university did you? cuz this sounds eerily similar to something that happened to a friend of mine

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    L|ama wrote: »
    spazmojack wrote: »
    here's my rampant lion, i also have a celtic knot on my back, but it's small and not really too interesting. in time i'd like to get more but still in the process of figuring out what to do next.

tattooey.jpg

are you rane's brother

lannister :x

Metzger Meister on
    edited March 2010
    you didnt go to western michigan university did you? cuz this sounds eerily similar to something that happened to a friend of mine

Hahah, yeah. It was Johnny that did it and Del that got it.... Forget Del's realname lol. Were you 5E?

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    snip
    is that a chinese character on your forearm there?

if so, did you know that it's on backwards?

you're a quick one there Houk

and before you get all huff-puff. Yes it is. and while yes, I do have another character that was gotten when I was 17, drunk, and stupid. This one I got at 23.

it was suggested by my Neurologist and Physical Therapist. Both chinese natives. If you notice, it's on my forearm exactly where the fore-arm cuff of my cripple sticks rest. I have another on the back of my neck, my physical therapist could never pronounce my last name for some reason, so he started referring to me by it instead. "Man/Mountain"

The one on my chest is who knows what, and serves as a reminder to think things through a little bit before I do them.

Oh fuck, I am glad you have a good story for the man/mountain one. I saw that at the new years thing and had reservations about saying anything. Funny story, in high school I was taking Japanese and saw a girl with that same Kanji, asked her what she meant and she told me "angel". Asked my teacher the next day and he said it meant more like hermit or sage. Good times.

Here is my half sleeve I got over the holidays.

23971_1346377216064_1130302219_1117.jpg

23971_1346377256065_1130302219_1117.jpg

23971_1346377176063_1130302219_1117.jpg

My best friend from high school did it for me. He dropped out of college with like 3 classes to go to start piercing and eventually lead to tattooing. He is doing pretty good for himself and has his own shop with another guy in metro detroit.

Thats the style of sleeve that I am going for.

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
    edited March 2010
    Well if you are in michigan at all.

This is his site. His name is John Andres.

The dude he learned Japanese style from was Jack Mosher in Kalamazoo.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well if you are in michigan at all.

This is his site. His name is John Andres.

The dude he learned Japanese style from was Jack Mosher in Kalamazoo.

I have a guy here in oregon who's going to do it for me.

But your guy's work is awesome

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

Hahah, yeah. It was Johnny that did it and Del that got it.... Forget Del's realname lol. Were you 5E?
    holy shit that is trippy

del's irl name was scott, and i actually knew him through his sister/friends from high school. i was off-campus and we hung out on occasion

i never met the tattoo artist but i am gonna be in the area next summer, maybe ill go get something done and shoot the shit with him. i dig what he did with your sleeve, so i wouldnt mind similar treatment

SMALL WORLD HUH

edit: and while i didnt know him till after, i have heard so many great stories about 5E

Houk the Namebringer on
    edited March 2010
    Hahahaha Houk, awesome. Small world indeed.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Why don't you just marry him already :x

Stay away from my Houk. It is hard enough paying my old host family to stalk him in Japan so he doesn't have any lasting relationships during his time there. The value of the dollar keeps fluctuating and such

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Fiz wrote: »
    Why don't you just marry him already :x

Stay away from my Houk. It is hard enough paying my old host family to stalk him in Japan so he doesn't have any lasting relationships during his time there. The value of the dollar keeps fluctuating and such
    i am doing a pretty good job of ruining chances at lasting relationships myself there, buddy

now tell that lady to stop following me into the bathroom!

Houk the Namebringer on
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    He's a lady now? Man, I thought I was reading that letter wrong.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010

It's a constant reminder

that god hates you?

I've said for a long time that tattoos are scars you choose

and anyone that dies without one they regret never really lived

you gotta have something that you can't escape from that really reminds you how fucking incredibly dumb you can be when left to your own devices

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I have my memory and sense of shame for that

L|ama on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    I know myself too well to trust myself to listen to such things

if I had a sense of shame, I would hardly be the man I am now

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010

It's a constant reminder

that god hates you?

I've said for a long time that tattoos are scars you choose

and anyone that dies without one they regret never really lived

you gotta have something that you can't escape from that really reminds you how fucking incredibly dumb you can be when left to your own devices

while I get what you're saying, there are plenty of other ways your bad decisions can scar you

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I kind of forget the details and just remember feeling bad for some nebulous reason, which probably isn't great for learning lessons.

L|ama on
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i think anyone who gets themselves tattooed with a bit of pop culture is probably making an extremely poor life choice

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I kind of want a Mario mushroom on my shoulder blade or something.

Can anyone think of a good Mario tattoo that isn't completely terrible? I feel it is something that I'd both like and be able to not regret too terribly much later in life.

I do realize that this post is very nicely placed under Snowbeat's post.

Sir Platypus on
    edited March 2010
    questionable-bowser-tattoo.jpg

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • UmaroUmaro Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If I were going to get a Mario tattoo it would probably be of a Shy Guy. Someone mentioned that earlier in the thread and it sounded like a rad idea.

Okay that bowser one is pretty cool.

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    edited March 2010
    Umaro wrote: »
    If I were going to get a Mario tattoo it would probably be of a Shy Guy. Someone mentioned that earlier in the thread and it sounded like a rad idea.

Okay that bowser one is pretty cool.

uh, no
    no it's not
    you should never get a tattoo if you think that's cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uy2lyWo7II

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited March 2010
    hey druhim

gettin slow in your twilight years

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I was thinking of that right after I typed that out. Amazing that it was the first comment.

My roommate wants to get one of Mewtwo, done in this odd almost tribal-tattoo styling. It doesn't look anywhere near as awful as that description makes it sound.

Sir Platypus on
    edited March 2010
    the sad thing is that the dude that actually got that tattoo probably thought he was being really clever

yeah, sure is clever getting the ridiculously stupid tattoo they made up for a comedy sketch about terrible tattoos Mr. Cool Guy

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I know this has been mentioned, but...goddamn, Usagi, your tattoo is beautiful!

NightDragon on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    reposting this cos my best friend just got new ink and I fucking love her
    26434_343449035966_516135966_3836769_5576403_n.jpg

Beasteh on
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sheri wrote: »
    Bogey wrote: »
    Still want a tattoo

Still think it's a huge major super-important decision

Still can't decide

Still never gonna get one (probably)
    I am in the same boat.

I'll get a tattoo of your name and you get a tattoo of my name

FOOLPROOF
    Right on our butts.

n23100027_33487656_3171.jpg

oh did i walk into the "post the biggest turn-off in the world" thread

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dickbutt is an American hero

Beasteh on
    edited March 2010
    Fallout wrote: »
    Still want a tattoo

Still think it's a huge major super-important decision

Still can't decide

Still never gonna get one (probably)
    I am in the same boat.

I'll get a tattoo of your name and you get a tattoo of my name

FOOLPROOF
    Right on our butts.

n23100027_33487656_3171.jpg

oh did i walk into the "post the biggest turn-off in the world" thread

considering that's Rankenphile, I don't think he'll bee too saddened by your response :)

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    oh, good

sheri was going to post my facebook profile pic in response tho

callin' it

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Rank should show us the other cheek... you know, just so we can compare the two sides so we....

Aw fuck it. Rank, show us your ass!

Cogliostro on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    i think anyone who gets themselves tattooed with a bit of pop culture is probably making an extremely poor life choice

I think it's really cute that you're judging people on something that is likely incredibly personal and you're ignorant of

#pipe on
This discussion has been closed.