As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tam is a Silly [Chat]

• Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Tam wrote: »
    Flay wrote: »
    200px-Reversescubasuit.png
    xlxf6t.jpg

Wernstrom!

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    Any word on the silly goose mandate being replaced?

Not that I know of but I kind of like it. It especially keeps the debate in D&D even more civil. I'm sure SE++ has benefited from it as well.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    NibCrom wrote: »
    If someone would like to be my race sponsor, please buy me this car and I will put your logo on it somewhere:

x11chcr001opt.jpg

I will only sponsor you if you can answer me these questions 3.

1. What is your favorite color?
    2. What type of racing are you planning on doing?
    3. What are the correct rims to use for this car?

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    SE just reads really surreally now. Geese everywhere.

That place is a mere shadow of what it was five years ago. I for one miss the flagrant abuse.

tynic on
  • Options
    .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My laptop just shipped! This will be the first one I've ever owned!

So now I have to get a satchel for it. ANY TIPS?

.Tripwire. on
    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If someone would like to be my race sponsor, please buy me this car and I will put your logo on it somewhere:

x11chcr001opt.jpg

I will only sponsor you if you can answer me these questions 3.

1. What is your favorite color?
    2. What type of racing are you planning on doing?
    3. What are the correct rims to use for this car?

1. On a this car? Blue.
    2. Autocrossing.
    3. Correct rims? Well I think racing slicks are more common in 18" sizes, so it would be helpful to have an 18" rim for the car, but the 15.5" rotors won't clear most 18" wheels. I think CCW makes a wheel that will clear the rotors/calipers.

ps - I can't afford tires or brakes either. So please include extras. Thanks!

NibCrom on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    .Tripwire. wrote: »

You will be tempted to buy something ultra-padded and secure, to keep the precious laptop alive and well. Don't. You will ifnd that the ultra-padding reduces the usable space inside the bag to next to nothing, while making the whole contraption cumbersome and annoying to carry around.

After this, you will be tempted to buy something sleek and simple, barely bigger than the computer itself. Don't. You will drop it in an airport and the lack of padding will mean you irretrievably damage the casing.

Basically I have no useful advice on the matter.

tynic on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I carry my laptop around in a spiffy swiss army bag.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    tynic wrote: »

You will be tempted to buy something ultra-padded and secure, to keep the precious laptop alive and well. Don't. You will ifnd that the ultra-padding reduces the usable space inside the bag to next to nothing, while making the whole contraption cumbersome and annoying to carry around.

After this, you will be tempted to buy something sleek and simple, barely bigger than the computer itself. Don't. You will drop it in an airport and the lack of padding will mean you irretrievably damage the casing.

Basically I have no useful advice on the matter.

My advice to you would be to stop owning laptops. Try to do your mobile computing on a phone or etch-a-sketch!

Dirty Vag, is this the bag you use?

Manufactum-Swiss-Army_AD67AA92.jpg

I think that'd be pretty cool because it'd make you feel like field medic. But awkward if someone actually needs medical attention.

.Tripwire. on
    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    You could whip out your LAPTOP and look up first aid on the INTERNET.

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Nah. It's this one.

201700822.jpg

But I think I like that one better.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    My advice to you would be to stop owning laptops. Try to do your mobile computing on a phone or etch-a-sketch!

Yes, me and laptops have a sad history. But I also recently left my ipod in Belgium, so that's not working out particularly well either.

edit: I found this while searching for awesome laptop bags. How do you feel about the awkward hunchback look?

built-laptop-backpack.jpg

tynic on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Why do I always seem to get art-job requests in waves? hurf hurf

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    You just lost a little respect.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Forbe! wrote: »

hahahaha...hey...hey man, you want to see examples of the posts I'm referring to? :P
    Just saw a possom get land basted by the Volvo in front of me... So the best part of this whole thing was after the car hits the possum it rolls under the car and is still alive but wounded I can't let this poor little critter be maimed in the road so I execute the double tap and put it out of it's misery. Does the story end there.... Nope. So we get to a stoplight and the Volvo is stopped so I beep my horn and give the international sign of roll down your window. The car is full of a mid 40's obvious liberal married couple and a 80+ year old grandma in the back seat. I yell across "hey you guys didn't kill it it was still alive" they proceed to cheer and Smile. Then I follow with " but I did" the cheer turns to an oh my god and a liberal sense of what have we done. And I drive away....
    I think there is something in the local water that is making everyone complete assholes or just douche-bags...Luckily I have well water. So you all probably don't notice how fucking lame you are. Go to hell motherfuckers, oh wait we are already there. Hang yourselves...kill each other..just fucking hurry up and stop breathing somehow so new people can fill your places.
    its funny how many class-less, culture-less and worthless [n-word]'s there are in this town. DEAR RUSSIA: PLEASE NUKE CT
    When a young man with no criminal record cannot find a job, you know there is something wrong with his country. In response to un-employment I have to say FUCK ALL OF YOU IDIOTS FOR PUTTING FAITH IN OUR GOVT. You could have listened to me from day one but you were all too brainwashed..living in your fucked up, pill induced trance, MTV worshiping, liberal, pussy, too afraid to think for yourself...piece of shit world.
    Hopes Thor will be merciful to one of his sons this friday and not split the skies, a great event needs to take place. all non christians are welcome, unless you christ fags would like to be tied to the Life Rune staff to redeem yourself (in the center of the main fire) but if you can hold your tongue and wear no cross then u can come too! Meade and Ale will be served to Sons and Daughters of Odin only! Heiden Spass!

That last kid seems to think he's a damn Viking.

.....then add in another handful of posts from people exhibiting heavy amounts of misogyny/sexism, intolerance, idiocy, ignorance, naivete, immaturity, whathaveyou..."I'm awesome because I get blackout drunk every weekend"..."I'm going to take pictures of myself in Nazi gear, standing in front of a Nazi flag, sticking my arm out in Nazi salute, and bitch at anybody who feels awkward about it, calling them 'idiots'"..."I think I'm awesome because I do angel dust, adderall, cocaine, heroin, or whatever, which I publicly announce on Facebook...and everybody else is only doing weed, so clearly I'm much better than them"..."anybody who isn't Catholic is a moron, here are my 8 paragraphs of reasoning" ..."why do minorities get all the college scholarships!? I knew it was a bad idea to elect Obama"........and etc. All from different people.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

hahahaha...hey...hey man, you want to see examples of the posts I'm referring to? :P
    Just saw a possom get land basted by the Volvo in front of me... So the best part of this whole thing was after the car hits the possum it rolls under the car and is still alive but wounded I can't let this poor little critter be maimed in the road so I execute the double tap and put it out of it's misery. Does the story end there.... Nope. So we get to a stoplight and the Volvo is stopped so I beep my horn and give the international sign of roll down your window. The car is full of a mid 40's obvious liberal married couple and a 80+ year old grandma in the back seat. I yell across "hey you guys didn't kill it it was still alive" they proceed to cheer and Smile. Then I follow with " but I did" the cheer turns to an oh my god and a liberal sense of what have we done. And I drive away....
    I think there is something in the local water that is making everyone complete assholes or just douche-bags...Luckily I have well water. So you all probably don't notice how fucking lame you are. Go to hell motherfuckers, oh wait we are already there. Hang yourselves...kill each other..just fucking hurry up and stop breathing somehow so new people can fill your places.
    its funny how many class-less, culture-less and worthless [n-word]'s there are in this town. DEAR RUSSIA: PLEASE NUKE CT
    When a young man with no criminal record cannot find a job, you know there is something wrong with his country. In response to un-employment I have to say FUCK ALL OF YOU IDIOTS FOR PUTTING FAITH IN OUR GOVT. You could have listened to me from day one but you were all too brainwashed..living in your fucked up, pill induced trance, MTV worshiping, liberal, pussy, too afraid to think for yourself...piece of shit world.
    Hopes Thor will be merciful to one of his sons this friday and not split the skies, a great event needs to take place. all non christians are welcome, unless you christ fags would like to be tied to the Life Rune staff to redeem yourself (in the center of the main fire) but if you can hold your tongue and wear no cross then u can come too! Meade and Ale will be served to Sons and Daughters of Odin only! Heiden Spass!

.....then add in another handful of posts from people exhibiting heavy amounts of misogyny/sexism, intolerance, idiocy, ignorance, naivete, immaturity, whathaveyou..."I'm awesome because I get blackout drunk every weekend"..."I'm going to take pictures of myself in Nazi gear, standing in front of a Nazi flag, sticking my arm out in Nazi salute, and bitch at anybody who feels awkward about it, calling them 'idiots'"..."I think I'm awesome because I do angel dust, adderall, cocaine, heroin, or whatever, which I publicly announce on Facebook...and everybody else is only doing weed, so clearly I'm much better than them"..."anybody who isn't Catholic is a moron, here are my 8 paragraphs of reasoning" ..."why do minorities get all the college scholarships!? I knew it was a bad idea to elect Obama"........and etc. All from different people.

what's this all about?

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Respect -1

RESPECT: ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||--|

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    For those of you who like to use textures:

Hella-freakin' textures, here: http://lostandtaken.com/ :)

what's this all about?

Forbe's makin' fun of me hatin' on people I'm Facebook friends with.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

what's this all about?

I'm not sure I want to know.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I'm gettin' all meta on y'all.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I went to get something from the printer at work this morning and there was a moose outside the window mowing down on our half buried rosebush. It was just kind of looking at me and the other two reporters and chewing. It was like it was reading over our shoulders and judging.

Uncle Long on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for the link, ND.

NibCrom on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I don't actually have anyone here linked to my facebook.

I became a 'fan' of lexxy I guess. If that counts.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think i'm FB friends with two people here. I'm about 90% certain both have forgotten who I am in the "real world".

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    what's this all about?

Forbe's makin' fun of me hatin' on people I'm Facebook friends with.

You're friends with those people?

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Uncle Long wrote: »
    I went to get something from the printer at work this morning and there was a moose outside the window mowing down on our half buried rosebush. It was just kind of looking at me and the other two reporters and chewing. It was like it was reading over our shoulders and judging.

Don't fuck with moose. I'm sure you already know, but they will fuck your shit up.

Kochikens on
  • Options
    Agent ColemanAgent Coleman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Go Moose Go!

Guess who finally woke up from his coma. Stupid 16 hour days.

Agent Coleman on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    You're friends with those people?

Not really. Being "Facebook friends olol" is more of a gesture than anything else, in these cases. Keeping the peace if I happen to see them randomly again, somewhere, which does happen.

I was "friendly", or a "friendly acquaintance" to these people awhile back...and yes, actual friends with a few of them....but then a handful slowly warped into...other people. :? A few others are friends-of-friends that I've gotten along with well enough the few times I've seen them in person...and rejecting their request would be "serious social dramas". It's really not worth the trouble, unless I really, really dislike the person, and won't be seeing them all that frequently. I avoid causing pointless social upset, even if the reasoning behind it is idiotic and its occurrence would otherwise be out of my control.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Kochikens wrote: »
    Uncle Long wrote: »

Don't fuck with moose. I'm sure you already know, but they will fuck your shit up.

Not my first moose!

And yes, yes they can. This one looks like it had been recently injured too. It was getting around just fine but there was definitely a patch hair sheered off and some blood frozen to its haunches.

Uncle Long on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

This always happens.

After getting laid off, for the past six months I've only had a couple smatterings of freelance.
    Then in the past two weeks I've had 5 interviews, two large art tests, more emails coming in asking questions about me, etc etc etc.

It all hits at once! Its the same thing with my wife too - she gets long droughts and then suddenly she has to turn down work because shes so busy. Then a drought again.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

This always happens.

After getting laid off, for the past six months I've only had a couple smatterings of freelance.
    Then in the past two weeks I've had 5 interviews, two large art tests, more emails coming in asking questions about me, etc etc etc.

It all hits at once! Its the same thing with my wife too - she gets long droughts and then suddenly she has to turn down work because shes so busy. Then a drought again.

I can't wait to graduate, haha - I'll actually be able to accept more of these requests!.....also, I can try landing a real, genuine, in-a-company job, rather than doing random, short-term freelance projects. I'd really enjoy knowing that "hey, you're on the job for the next year". Consistency, woo!

:D ! D: ! :D !

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    1. On a this car? Blue.
    2. Autocrossing.
    3. Correct rims? Well I think racing slicks are more common in 18" sizes, so it would be helpful to have an 18" rim for the car, but the 15.5" rotors won't clear most 18" wheels. I think CCW makes a wheel that will clear the rotors/calipers.

1.Ok
    2. That is a somewhat horrible idea. An elise would be a better autoX car because the metric fuck tons of power the covertte puts out makes it somewhat difficult to autoX. A corvette is made more for track racing.
    3. SSRs competition wheels would be the correct answer.

NO SPONSORSHIP FOR YOU!

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I am tired. Also I need a haircut.

rts on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    cakemikz wrote: »
    I am tired. Also I need a haircut.

well go to the barber and fall asleep in the chair. Everything should work itself out.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    1. On a this car? Blue.
    2. Autocrossing.

1.Ok
    2. That is a somewhat horrible idea. An elise would be a better autoX car because the metric fuck tons of power the covertte puts out makes it somewhat difficult to autoX. A corvette is made more for track racing.
    3. SSRs competition wheels would be the correct answer.

NO SPONSORSHIP FOR YOU!

Well I don't mean autocrossing among cones in a parking lot. I mean autocrossing at Road America in WI, Gingerman Raceway in MI and the Autobahn in Joliet, IL.

I can't confirm whether or not the SSRs would clear the brake hardware. But they do have some nice wheels.

NibCrom on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    the correct answer is SPINNAZ

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Arg! I'm having an argument with my mum who refuses to accept that our doctor could be wrong and that most cases of tonsilitis are actually caused by viruses and therefore will not be affected by antibiotics. He didn't even look in my throat.

She's also tried to argue that your lymph nodes wouldn't be enlarged due to a cold. :?

Flay on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Flay wrote: »
    Arg! I'm having an argument with my mum who refuses to accept that our doctor could be wrong and that most cases of tonsilitis are actually caused by viruses and therefore will not be affected by antibiotics. He didn't even look in my throat.

She's also tried to argue that your lymph nodes wouldn't be enlarged due to a cold. :?

Just take your goddamn antibiotics and quit whining.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    The One 52The One 52 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I saw this yesterday and it made me happy. Thank you, Nexus ad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_ETSvTAo4A

The One 52 on
    bigbosssig.gif
    The internet does not qualify as grounds where you can act like a bouquet of dick.
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey hey, I'm not refusing, but I still think they're unnecessary.

Flay on
This discussion has been closed.