As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Heavy Rain O X L2+X YOU DIE!

1575859606163»

• Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Grislo wrote: »
    Dear Quantic Dream,

I've played your game despite suffering graphical glitches, audio interruptions and a game that, frankly, needed to simmer for a few more months. It was all good, though. It was reasonably fun, even if you were trying too hard to be a movie at times (psst, you're a game).

Now, however, I just get a black screen when I try to play. That's not cool. I was making an effort to get along with you, and now this?

Suck it,

Angry Customer 15436.

Can you actually take a piece of software back to EB Games on account of the fucking thing not working? It's the first PS3 game I've had that just plain won't work, with no apparent solution. I guess I could wait for an inevitable patch, but I don't really care enough. It wasn't that gripping.

Waaaaah! My PS3 from 2007 won't run your game! Waaah!

Did you ever try updating some of the hardware in it? Or maybe cleaning it up with some canned air? Check your drivers though. Make sure they are up to date.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Machismo wrote: »
    Grislo wrote: »
    Dear Quantic Dream,

I've played your game despite suffering graphical glitches, audio interruptions and a game that, frankly, needed to simmer for a few more months. It was all good, though. It was reasonably fun, even if you were trying too hard to be a movie at times (psst, you're a game).

Now, however, I just get a black screen when I try to play. That's not cool. I was making an effort to get along with you, and now this?

Suck it,

Angry Customer 15436.

Can you actually take a piece of software back to EB Games on account of the fucking thing not working? It's the first PS3 game I've had that just plain won't work, with no apparent solution. I guess I could wait for an inevitable patch, but I don't really care enough. It wasn't that gripping.

Waaaaah! My PS3 from 2007 won't run your game! Waaah!

Did you ever try updating some of the hardware in it? Or maybe cleaning it up with some canned air? Check your drivers though. Make sure they are up to date.

I'm going to assume you're being sarcastic, going for some kind of PC/PS3 joke or something that I'm not getting? If you're serious, just pretend that the last line was me telling you to go fuck yourself.

Anyway, as Cherrn says, it's possibly a faulty disc, I know some people have gotten replacements which have worked better. Going to try that out.

Grislo on
    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Woo, finally managed to grab this from Blockbuster. It's installing/updating now. I'm excited!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    Play it as Scott trying to get away with the murders now that you know what's up. Make sure every piece of evidence is gone and see if you can get off scot free (which is a pun worthy of a trophy name, really).
    There IS a trophy for that.
    Yeah, but Willeth was talking about the trophy name. I think that would've been a better name than "The Perfect Crime."

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man, the audio keeps sporadically cutting out.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm glad it wasn't just me. I had thought something was up with my HDMI connection.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    Play it as Scott trying to get away with the murders now that you know what's up. Make sure every piece of evidence is gone and see if you can get off scot free (which is a pun worthy of a trophy name, really).
    There IS a trophy for that.
    Yeah, but Willeth was talking about the trophy name. I think that would've been a better name than "The Perfect Crime."
    If we're going for pithy trophy names, let me suggest a trophy for keeping Madison in the shower for as long as possible. It would be called...
    Mad ass, son!
    I probably need more coffee.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Man, leave me alone detective guys. I'm busy playing Divorced Dad: The Game.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    YogoYogo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Do you ever win in that one?

Yogo on
  • Options
    GarrisGarris Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yogo wrote: »

Do you ever win in that one?

No you just alienate yourself from your son a little more each time

Garris on
  • Options
    BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    DrunkMc wrote: »
    You all are right, you've convinced me! Tomorrow after work I'm gonna pick this guy up!

If you haven't picked this up yet, you can easily skip out on Heavy Rain. It's poorly written, badly directed, and wholly forgettable. Compared to anything by Jordan Mechner or Tim Schafer, it's downright embarrassing. At times it feels like a parody of itself, like a bad example of New Noir. You would need to have pretty bad taste to get much of anything out of Heavy Rain, it's the artistic equivalent of an episode of CSI.

I will say that the architecture is kind of cool, lots of modern Japanese touches. I think it's the only thing I like about Heavy Rain, partly because it's a subtle touch and it adds character to a very bland game.

If you would like to watch a good example of new noir, just rent Seven or The Departed or something.

Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Question: (Mind you I haven't played anything but the demo.) After you beat the game, what's there to do?

ringswraith on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Play The Taxidermist DLC

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Beck wrote: »
    DrunkMc wrote: »
    You all are right, you've convinced me! Tomorrow after work I'm gonna pick this guy up!

If you haven't picked this up yet, you can easily skip out on Heavy Rain. It's poorly written, badly directed, and wholly forgettable. Compared to anything by Jordan Mechner or Tim Schafer, it's downright embarrassing. At times it feels like a parody of itself, like a bad example of New Noir. You would need to have pretty bad taste to get much of anything out of Heavy Rain, it's the artistic equivalent of an episode of CSI.

Well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Brutal Legend is less fun than Heavy Rain. Call me when Jordan Mechner makes a game that isn't Prince of Persia.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Shady3011 wrote: »
    Brutal Legend is less fun than Heavy Rain. Call me when Jordan Mechner makes a game that isn't Prince of Persia.

Agreed on all accounts, but I don't want this to get into a thread of bashing other crap. That's his opinion, if he doesn't like it ... well he can be a silly goose and just stop posting in here then.

I thought the Taxedermist wasn't coming out for another couple weeks? I checked online after I finished beating it and it wasn't there.

I think I'll try the suggestions above and I will make Ethan a cold, whiny bitch as apposed to being Mr. Mom.

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    If you pre-ordered it at GameStop or Amazon (there might have been others but I know those two for sure), you got a code to download the first episode for free.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I have that code, but if you check the PS3 store it isn't listed yet.

Or I'm a moron.

WilDPanthA05 on
This discussion has been closed.