As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

My Life as a Trailer: Let's Play Super Robot Wars W!

13»

• WheezerWheezer Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Lets see how many units you pick up... I've been playing SRW Alpha Gaiden on my PSP and I've picked up such a load of units it's crazy. I mean I'm familiar with what Mazinger Z and Getter Robo, but when I've never even heard of GaoGaiGar or a myriad of the other units it takes a while to pick out the best. Besides, the game seems to throw a set of useless stuff your way - what am I supposed to do with three 1400hp VF-units from macross if I can have Combattler V and custom Gundams running around? Is there a point to it I'm missing, or will this game have less of a selection?

Wheezer on
    megamansig.jpg
  • AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Wheezer wrote: »
    Lets see how many units you pick up... I've been playing SRW Alpha Gaiden on my PSP and I've picked up such a load of units it's crazy. I mean I'm familiar with what Mazinger Z and Getter Robo, but when I've never even heard of GaoGaiGar or a myriad of the other units it takes a while to pick out the best. Besides, the game seems to throw a set of useless stuff your way - what am I supposed to do with three 1400hp VF-units from macross if I can have Combattler V and custom Gundams running around? Is there a point to it I'm missing, or will this game have less of a selection?

Personal preference really. However, I can tell you GGG is hands down the most overpowering unit you will ever get. Dodges like a real, has a barrier for the rare occasions it doesn't dodge, hits like a super, not to mention... "GOOOOOOLDION CLAAASHAAAA!!!!"

With any other unit it really comes down to what you like using. VFs can be effective once you pump them up a bit. I personally tend to stick with UC Gundams, which cuts down drastically on the number of Gundams and allows me to use other units.

Akilae on
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Wheezer wrote: »

Gaiden just goes overboard with characters and mecha. I recall reading that you can wind up with something like over 50 or 80 machines.

There are a few better VF units that you can put some of the original Macross pilots into later on too. And they do have some quality pilots. Command is a useful bonus to have going for you.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • PataPata Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ianator wrote: »

I believe you have your Astray pilots mixed up. This is Lowe Gear. He pilots a Gundam with a katana. Not a beam katana, a metal katana. In a universe where all the really good enemies have armor that deflects solid weaponry.

I am aware of that but I am too lazy to change the file name for a single image in an update. Maybe later.

Anyways, still working on the next update! (It's a long one)
    Plus Rune Factory distracted me. Must become town Pimp.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Well it's good to hear you're working on it, anyway. This LP is awesome - though I'll never play them due to A) liking the non-original mecha a lot and B) not understanding moonspeak, I really love the SRW games. The folk at Banpresto have such a good sense of what makes giant robots awesome. Half of the attack animations in the games are cooler than their in-show counterparts.

I can NOT wait for Gurren Lagann to be in one of the games.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Conan-sanConan-san Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Though given anything Konami touches is off limits, you might be waiting a bit.

BEsides, we need to wait untill there's another instance of "Wasted Earth" to put it in.

Maybe the next gaiden game, make it where the final gurren lagann Parrell Works Project was basicly a Super Robot War that went horribly wrong. Which it was.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOBG3CCew7Q (There's Mazinger, Jeeg and Eva 01 in Gunmen form so they can write around that) and the heroes end up jumping in time to fight in the GL setting, where a bunch of other shows (Xabungle, Gainer, GxS, Big O, etc) happen as well. Oh, and Rossiu jumps sides to Britannia because he's a cunt.

Conan-san on
    edited February 2010
    I enjoy that video both as a historical reference and an alternate version of the GL story: "What would have happened if Simon had been a huge motherfucking pussy with zero balls?"

Kainy on
    edited February 2010
    Kainy wrote: »
    I enjoy that video both as a historical reference and an alternate version of the GL story: "What would have happened if Simon had been a huge motherfucking pussy with zero balls?"
    Cept that's clearly Lord Genome.

Conan-san on
    edited February 2010
    Conan-san wrote: »

I know, but that's also what would've happened had Simon pussied out instead of punching reality in the dick like a man.

Kainy on
    edited February 2010
    Conan-san wrote: »

I know, but that's also what would've happened had Simon pussied out instead of punching reality in the dick like a man.

No, it happened with Simon, only he became a wimp as a opposed to ruler of Oppressed Underground Humanity.
    Seriously, Next SRW, I want the ending to go like that, only Alpha Shinji comes out of nowhere and Bistows the knowledge of Bright unto him and they go fight to save what Simon lost.
    Yeah, I think that's vauge enough.

Conan-san on
  • PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Still the greatest SRW attack ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGSt2FsJOdI

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
  • TKaneTKane Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    No updates recently. Makes me sad. I enjoy the Super Robot Wars/Taisen series...

TKane on
    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
  • TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Pureauthor wrote: »
    Still the greatest SRW attack ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGSt2FsJOdI

:shock:

That's an instakill, right? Because if I had to sit through that and something didn't die, I'd be very disappointed.

Teriferin on
    teriferin#1625
    edited February 2010
    Teriferin wrote: »
    That's an instakill, right? Because if I had to sit through that and something didn't die, I'd be very disappointed.

A number of the more recent SRWs will have some attacks go into extended and flashier animations if the attack does enough damage to kill a unit. This is probably one of those cases.

Steel Angel on
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    edited February 2010
    I await further Trailer adventures with semi-bated breath.

Like, enough to make me light-headed, but not quite enough to die.

Kainy on
  • DisDis Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I hope a new SRW comes out soon.
    Queen's Blade just isn't fun enough. (Although it's made by the same people.)

SRW W is too easy.
    I beat the last stage with just Valzacard alone.

It's nice to have a Macross like Original Mothership Robot for a change for SRW W thought.

*Wants his SRW OG3 or SRW Z2

TROMBE!!!

Elzam V. Branstein is the best pilot among SRW Originals.

アウセンザイター
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NdmMe-FXt8&NR=1

My fav attack animation goes to

缩退炮

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t_dsuTvJ8A

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Dis wrote: »

Jesus... That guy's a nightmare. If I were a faceless mook type pilot, and I saw that guy. I'd just get out my mech, and go start a farm on an island or something...

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • DisDis Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    TKane wrote: »

Jesus... That guy's a nightmare. If I were a faceless mook type pilot, and I saw that guy. I'd just get out my mech, and go start a farm on an island or something...

I blame the bad costume design.
    Lots of SRW original chars have bad clothing design.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Dis wrote: »

I blame the bad costume design.
    Lots of SRW original chars have bad clothing design.

I dunno. I liked his uniform in the first parts of OG for the GBA. When does he change from Mr. SS Gespenst Trombonerino to Mr. I Fell Into The Costume Closest For The Cast of Mad Max The Broadway Musical on Broadway?

Spoilers it to protect the innocent, I guess.

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2010
    I dunno. I liked his uniform in the first parts of OG for the GBA. When does he change from Mr. SS Gespenst Trombonerino to Mr. I Fell Into The Costume Closest For The Cast of Mad Max The Broadway Musical on Broadway?

It's a product of the weird character continuity the OG originals can have. He first appeared in OG1. Then one of the Alpha games was made where, for some reason I'm not sure of (I haven't played any of them outside of Gaiden), he's in his Ratsel getup. Then OG2 comes out and he makes his return in said getup.

Steel Angel on

Steam Profile
    edited March 2010

It's a product of the weird character continuity the OG originals can have. He first appeared in OG1. Then one of the Alpha games was made where, for some reason I'm not sure of (I haven't played any of them outside of Gaiden), he's in his Ratsel getup. Then OG2 comes out and he makes his return in said getup.

Ah. I see. Good. I have both OGs. I've only played the first one, and plan to do the second once I get around to finishing the first.

Also, Lune Zoldork is a kill-stealing whore. That is all.

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2010
    000324.png
    Holy crap this update is long. which is why I ended up so late.

Episode 5: Part 1!
    000325.png
    First, I use one of my skill parts!

I have here, so far. BP + 1 and Infight + 1

Infight is a skill that increases Melee damage and critical hit rate. You have have up to nine levels of it.

000326.png
    I teach it to Kazuma, and now he knows Level 1 Infight.

000327.png
    Upgrades!

000328.png
    I attatch a Booster to the Valhawk, this increases its movement by 1.

Next stage!

000329.png
    Kazuma is recording in his journal how his Dad hasn't lost any arm strength.

KazumaFace.pngDid Dad have to use both fits? Ouch.

He feels the first punch was deserved, but not the second. Oh well, he'll concider it part of his Trailer training.

000330.png
    The alarm sounds!

It would seem that there's a new job to have, a fight down in the atmosphere.

000331.png
    Elsewhere, on Hell Island off the coast of Japan, Dr. Hell is congratulating his Half man half woman servant, Baron Ashura, on a job well done. They had done a fair ammount of damage to their hated enemies last time. Even managing to destroy Getter Robo!

DrHellFace.pngNow... with the Mazinger robots out of comission... all that remains as a threat to my power is the lion of GGG... you know what you must do, Asura.

AshuraFace.pngNot really.

DrHellFace.png....

000332.png
    Meanwhile, a perfectly normal Tokyo family is enjoying the morning.

MamoruFace.png
    Meet Mamoru, a normal Japanese kid.

AiFace.pngIsamuFace.png
    These are Mamoru's parents, they're a little worried about Mamoru lately. It would seem that lately he's been involved in some strange after school activities. He often is sent home of Space Development Corperation employees.

Mamoru, of course, assures his parents that it's nothing dangerous. He just got caught up a little in that incident with the weird robot that appeared a while back, and is helping them out a little.

Of course, what Mamoru dosn't tell them is that he is helping them out because he has some strange powers that help GGG in their fight against the Zonder, and that these powers cause him to glow green and fly.

Nevermind, he is so not an ordinary Japanese kid.

000333.png
    Down at the high school, we meet Kaname, the vice president of the student council. She's doing her duty of stoping any nonsense from happening. Of course, one really weird guy shows up. He causes a lot of problems and even brought a model gun to school! Obviously some problem kid that got transfered here.

000334.png
    Natrually, he ends up in her class. And here's were things get odd.

SousukeFace.pngMy name is Sergeant Souske Sagara. Err... disregard the Sergent part.

KanameFace.png..yup, Millitary geek.

KyoukoFace.pngWhere are you from?

SousukeFace.pngFrom? Hmm... I have resided in Uganda, Afganistan, Sanc Kingdom, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Resource Satalite MO-II, and Osaka.

KyoukoFace.pngWow you get around, what're your hobbies?

KanameFace.pngGuns, Mobile Suits, Arm slaves, stuff like that probably...

SousukeFace.pngI enjoy fishing and reading.

KyoukoFace.pngSuprising. What music do you like?

SousukeFace.pngErr... Lacus Clyne... (Kurz said to say that name.)

KanameFace.pngWho?

SousukeFace.pngDisregard that.

He is most definately an odd one.

And what's worse is that he seems to have become attatched to Kaname. He follows her around all day, basically. He charged into the changing room, threw her down when she opened the furnace, and even pointed that model gun of his at a teacher!

Congradulations Kaname, you have a crazy millitary geek stalker.

000335.png
    While walking home from school, Kaname meets a young girl named Hana. Hana is taking her dog for a walk.

000336.png
    When Kaname goes to pet Hana's dog Souske shows up with his gun out.

SousukeFace.pngStay away from it! Trained millitary dogs can get a kill with a single- *whack!*

KanameFace.pngWhat is wrong with you.

000337.png
    Then this guy shows up. Another delightfully dressed oddball called Penchinon. He thinks that he knows how to deal with the kid who seems to have control over the G-Stone's power...

000338.png
    And so he summons a Zonder Robo.

000339.png

PenchinonFace.pngBwehehehehehee

ZonderFace.pngZOOONNNDER!

KanameFace.pngOh what the hell.
    000340-Episode5.png
    Episode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts

000341.png

A bunch of Federation Arm Slaves and show up, ready to fight the Zonder menance!

000342.png000343.png
    Natrually....

000344.png
    All this does is produce a bunch of Zonderized mechs, ready to smash Japan.

000345.png
    Fortunately, reinforces show up. Armed with Mithril AS's, they have [strike]plot armor[/strike] anti-zonder defenses set up. So no worry about being possessed. Piloted by Kurz and Mao, they're ready to defend Kaname, their "target" for protection. Ordering Souske to take Kaname to safety, they get ready to fight.

000346.png
    But wait! Another person's shown up!

000347.png
    Volfogg, member of the GGG inteligence unit, he reconizes the Mithril mechs and is ready to help fight the Zonder.

000348.png
    Volfogg is a giant robot Ninja. Really that's all you need to say about him. He knows Scan, Alert, and Strike.

000349.png
    Mao is fairly balanced over all. She uses guns mostly, with a sword for when you need to get close or don't feel like using ammo. She knows Invincible, Focus, and Strike

000350.png
    Kurz is pure ranged, he has a long range sniping attack for when you want to kill stuff from a distance. He knows Snipe, which increases the range of all non map attacks with a range of 2 or greater by 2, and Focus.

000351.png
    Volfogg starts the battle! With Silver Cross he cuts away half a Zonders HP.

000352.png
    And uhhh... gets hit. Bad Volfogg, you're a ninja. Dodge.

000353.png
    Fortunately I set things up so that Kurz can support him.

000354.png
    Oh yeah, one down a lot more to go.

000355.png

Kurz is next, and of course I position things so that Mao can support him.

KurzFace.pngAh our teamwork is magnificant...

MaoFace.pngWipe the drool off your face.

000356.png
    Ready...

000357.png
    Bam! Cut clean in two.

000358.png
    Mao is above puny things like support attacks.

000360.png
    Then a whole swarm of them attack Mao. This is the usual result.

000361.png
    Dodge that missile Ninja, you dodge it good.

000362.png
    Jets are annoying. They have absurdly high evade.

000363.png
    And then there is, of course, the boss. This kinda throws GaoGaiGar's chronolgy out the window, since EI-02 is from the first episode of GaoGaiGar, yet it's clear that it's been going on for a while in SRW W. Oh well.

000364.png
    Back to cutting things in half.

000365.png
    After that, GGG's units show up! Hooray! The Mithril people decide to leave the smashing of monsters to the experts.

000366.png
    So they get out of dodge.

000367.png

SousukeFace.pngGaoGaiGar... so that's what it looks like.

KanameFace.pngHuh? You know that things name?

SousukeFace.pngErrr...

000368.png
    The King of Braves, GaoGaiGar. The first classic Super Robot type we really get to control. High HP, high defense, low evade. Purely melee focused. It also has a barrier, reducing damage even further. However, this makes GaoGaiGar suck up energy like nothing else. Its Pilot, Gai here, knows Strike and Invincible.

000369.png000370.png

Meet HoRyu and Enryu. They're largely identical. Just some slight stat distribution between them. HoRyu is the blue one, while EnRyu is the red one. They both know alert and strike. Of course, they have something special.

Through Semyetrical Docking, they can combine!

000371.png
    Into ChoRyuJin!

000372.png
    Combining the strengths of the two brothers, ChoRyuJin is definately a useful unit. He knows Strike and Invincible.

000373.png
    ChoRyuJin attacks a Zonder Jet!

000374.png
    And it explodes! Awesome!

000375.png
    Volfogg destroys another jet with Melting Siren, his most useful attack. You'll see why in a bit.

000376.png
    Gai punches a jet with GaoGaiGar, then drill it to death. It is awesome.

000377.png
    EI-02 attacks with an ice beam! Volfogg dodges and uses Silver Moon. Dosn't do much damage, thanks to that pesky Zonder Barrier.

Zonders are a pain to kill, they have powerful barriers and regenerate HP.

000378.png
    Fortunately, I can deal with the barrier.

Melting Siren disables any barrier the target may have for one turn. This is as useful as it sounds.

000379.png
    Invincible on ChoRyuJin, because those beams hurt.

000380.png
    A lot more damage done, since there's no barrier to worry about!

000381.png
    Then Gai punches it in the face.

000382.png
    Ouch. This is why Invincible is important.

000383.png
    Oh yeah this thing. No big deal.

Next, I take advantage of an amusing trick.

000384.png
    I seperate ChoRyuJin and attack with EnRyu.

000385.png
    Then I combine again! Thus, I get to attack once more.

000386.png
    Remove the barrier again.

000387.png
    There's an amusing scene in GaoGaiGar where EI-02 regenerates its smashed in face, and then Gai punches it in again.

I like to imagine that happening.

000388.png

Bam! It's beaten!

000389.png
    With one final roar, the Zonder....

000390.png

...regenerates completely.

As long as the core of the Zonder is around, it can't be destroyed. Well, let's fix that then. Time for GaoGaiGar to use its finishing move.

000391.png

CyborgGaiFace.pngHell! And! Heaven!

000393.png

CyborgGaiFace.pnggemu giru gan go gufo..

000394.png

CyborgGaiFace.pngRaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!

000395.png

000396-HolyCrapThisAttackIsLong.png

SousukeFace.png....wow that was really long.

000397.png
    Mamoru then flys over to the Zonder core.

000398.png000399.png
    And purifies the core, restoring it. You see, Zonders are in fact humans infected with Zonder metal.

And so once again, the Brave robos have saved the da-

000400.png
    Oh crap what now

000401.png
    Dr. Hell's army!

000402.png
    Lead by none other then Baron Ashura himself/herself!

To be continued in Part 2!

Pata on
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    OK, I've completely lost the plot by now. Still, I have one important question.

Was that dude really ever stationed in Luxembourg?

WotanAnubis on
    edited September 2010
    And photobucket is getting maintenance, so I can't finish part 2 yet. Grand.
    OK, I've completely lost the plot by now.

SRWs are like that. :P It helps to watch the shows they're based off. Right now there a dozens of groups with their own separate interests.

I mean, at this point in the plot the earth is dealing with no less then 3 separate alien invasions.
    Was that dude really ever stationed in Luxembourg?

Sosuke isn't exactly the type for subterfuge. :P

Pata on
    edited September 2010
    Last time: Having just defeated EI-02, it looked like GaoGaiGar had saved the day once more... yet suddenly Dr. Hell's forces arrive! How will the King of Braves deal with this?
    AshuraFace.pngThat was an impressive move, GaoGaiGar. Unfortunately you're on Dr. Hell's hitlist. This means I'm going to kill you all, burn this island to the ground, and then piss on the ashes.

000403.png

But wait just a minute there Ashura!

000404.png
    It's Kouji Kabuto! Hero, enemy to Dr. Hell, and pilot of Mazinger Z!

Joined by Great Mazinger, Aphrodite A, and Boss Borot!

000405.png
    As the Super Robot. Mazinger is pretty good all around. He's a little damaged from previous battles, but nothing we can't handle! Kouji knows Strike, Invincible, and Guard. Guard reduces all damage by 1/4 for a single turn.

000406.png
    Great Mazinger, as the name implies, is slightly stronger then Mazinger. Stat wise, however, Kouji is overall slightly better then Tetsuya. Tetsuya also knows Strike, Invincible, and Guard.

000407.png

Aphrodite A isn't much of a combat unit. Much more vaulable is its repair abilties and Sakaya's support spirit commands. Sakuya knows Bless and Trust.

000408.png
    Boss Borot is... interesting. It has resupply, which is what it'll be used for most of the time. But it also has some powerful attacks, but with a high Will requirement. Boss Borot has three pilots, Boss, Nuke, and Mucha. All in all it's a support unit that can also throw out some offensive power. Boss knows Guts, Faith, and Invincible. Faith is a more powerful version of Trust. Fully restoring an ally's HP. Nuke knows Trust, Cheer, and Alert. Cheer doubles the EXP an ally will get for the next attack. Another spell to be used for fighting bosses. Mucha knows Scan and Vigor. Vigor is a weaker version of Guts, restoring 30% of the caster's HP.

000409.png
    Boss is the first unit that allows me to showcase an interesting glitch in Super Robot Wars W.

The "Infinite SP Glitch".

In order to use this glitch, you need a unit with multible pilots, and you need to have them both have spells of similar function.

000410.png
    In this case, Guts...

000411.png
    And Vigor.

When you use the multible Spirit Command select function, if you select two spells that perform the same function, in this case both Vigor and Guts restore the caster's HP, the game is supposed to deselect one, and refund the SP to the pilot.

The glitch here is that the game gives the SP back to the pilot, but dosn't deselect the spell.

So when you go up and manually deselect the spell...

000412.png

It refunds the SP again. So you end up with more SP then you can normally have.

000413.png
    There isn't much of a limit to this glitch. You can keep doing it until the pilots have more SP then the game can even display. Which basically means Boss and Mucha have over 1000 SP right now.

However, I will not be cheating any further. Showing it to you will be the only time I use this glitch.

000414.png

Mecha-beast smashing time!

000415.png

Mazinger has a mean rocket left hook.

000416.png

And the mecha-beast has eye lasers.

000417.png

Next it's Tetsuya's turn.

000418.png

Another set of Rocket Punches! Nothing like a classic.

000419.png

As you can see, the Mecha-beasts are fairly tough.

Fortunately, Great Mazinger is tougher.

000420.png

Still, nothing can take so much punishment forever, and he was already damaged!

000421.png

But you know what, that Mecha-beast can just die.

TetsuyaFace.pngThunder Break!

000422.png

Mazinger is getting the worst of it.

000423.png

You know what, screw this one too.

KoujiFace.pngBreast Fire!

CyborgGaiFace.png....

VolfoggFace.png....

ChoRyuJinFace.png*snicker*

KoujiFace.pngWhat?

000424.png

Meanwhile...

AshuraFace.pngYou can just die now you wretched slug.

TetsuyaFace.pngPlease you should know by now you can't kill me.

TetsuyaFace.pngDamn it. Shut up.

000425.png
    It's Boss's time to shine!

000426.png
    Boo-ya.

000427.png
    Sakaya's turn!

000428.png
    .....uuuhhh... yeaah. Nobody ever said she was an offensive powerhouse.

000429.png
    Or a defensive one, for that matter.

000430.png
    Oh well. Back to GaoGaiGar punching things.

000431.png
    Hahahahahahahaha.

000432.png
    Fire!

000433.png
    Ice!

000434.png
    Volfogg unleashes his strongest attack. The police car is Volfog, by the way. Not only is he a Ninja robot. He's a Ninja Transformer.

000435.png
    And Kouji wipes out another Mecha-beast with Breast Fire.

000436.png
    And reinforcements come in the form of the Valstork!

BlessfieldFace.pngAllright folks. Let's kick some hermaphrodite ass.

AshuraFace.pngWait a minute...

DuoFace.pngSounds like a good idea to me!

AshuraFace.pngOh screw you all. Time for plan B.

000437.png
    Ashura grabs the Aphrodite A!

KoujiFace.pngAshura!

AshuraFace.pngHahahahaha. Kouji! If you want your girlfriend to live... you'd better stop fighting against Dr. Hell.

KazumaFace.pngYou've got to be kidding me...

KoujiFace.pngAshura you ba.. er.. bi.. I dunno...

VolfoggFace.pngWait, Kabuto. Play along.

KoujiFace.pngEh..?

CyborgGaiFace.pngWe have a plan.

KoujiFace.pngOh.. OK. Fine OK! You feindish, evil Baron Ashura... I have no choice!

NoinFace.pngWow that's some terrible acting.

AshuraFace.pngMuwahahahaha! I'm glad we can agree on this, Kouji Kabuto!

MihiroFace.pngAnd yet he fell for it...

000439.png
    Well, there we go. The next boss for our stage, Mazinger Z.

But first, more Mecha-beast death.

000440.png

TetsuyaFace.pngBreast Burn!

DuoFace.png...hahahahahahaha.

TetsuyaFace.pngOh shut up you hot topic reject pilot.

000441.png
    Then Noin shoots down another one.

000442.png
    And levels up!

000443.png
    Valhawk Air Force Mode+Accelator= lots of movement.

000444.png
    Sooo dieeeeee you stupid things.

000445.png
    Noal helps! Unlike an unanmed Tekkaman who can't transform.

000446.png
    Boss gets mildly zapped!

000447.png
    Duo's counter skill kicks in. Always fun.

000448.png
    Kouji attacks Boss! Oh no!

KoujiFace.pngFor all the crap you've pulled, this is going to be theraputic.

BossFace.pngUhhh...

000449.png
    Ouch ouch ouch.

000450.png
    Time to use that SP from that glitch!

BossFace.pngBoss Borot is invincible!!

000451.png
    Then he resupplies Tetsuya.

000452.png
    Nothing to see her folks, thanks to ChoRyuJin.

000453.png
    Space Arab and Space Gypsy combine!

I think.

Maybe.

000454.png
    Kouji and Tetsuya have a manly thing as they prepare for battle.

TetsuyaFace.pngGreat Booster!

KoujiFace.pngWait what.

000455.png

KoujiFace.pngOW MY FACE MAN.

000456.png
    OK, that stung a little.

000457.png
    Noin's so good she can dodge wind.

000458.png
    DRAMATIC POSE!

EXPLOSIONS!

Mecha anime in a nutshell folks.

000459.png
    Mazin Power kicks in! Great Mazinger's power is now increased! This kicks in when Tetsuya hits 130 Will.

000460.png

CyborgGaiFace.pngBROOOKEEEN... MAGNUM!!!!

KazumaFace.pngHoly crap.

CyborgGaiFace.pngAnd that is how to do a Rocket Punch.

000461.png

KazumaFace.pngDamn it how can I match that awesome!

000462.png
    You can't Kazuma. You can't.
    Yet.

000463.png
    Have I mentioned I like Duo?

000464.png
    Casting Invincible pays off!

000465.png
    I refill Tetsuya, Mazin Power is still in effect even if Will goes below 130. I then cast Invincible.

000466.png
    Then hit him with Great Booster. Again. Duo supports.

000467.png
    Gai's turn to smash a beloved figure of Japanese pop culture.

000468.png
    ...turns out he didn't need Invincible! Woops!

000469.png
    Noin again.

000470.png
    Noal.

By this point we've just been barely chipping away at Mazinger's HP. You see, Kouji knows Prevail, which increases defense as HP goes down.

By the time Mazinger's near 0 HP even the strongest attacks won't do over 2000 damage!

000471.png
    Bless, Cheer, and Fighting Spirit go on Valstork.

000472.png

BlessfieldFace.pngForgive me... Fire!

And we get a dynamic kill to!

000473.png
    Proper use of those support spells means so much more money and EXP.

000474.png
    ...and so Mazinger Z is beaten.

KoujiFace.pngThere... now let Sakaya go.

AshuraFace.pngNo.

KoujiFace.pngYou... Wait-

AshuraFace.pngI'm evil. I lied. Now... I think I'll kill-

000475.png
    Not so fast Ashura!

KurzFace.pngJust in time to save the lovely lady.

000476.png

Kurz then uses his Arm Slave sized Sniper rifle to blow a hole in Baron Ashura's cargo bay, letting Mao save Sakaya!

It turns out that Volfogg had gotten in contact with the Mithril operatives and asked for their help. Upon hearing a girl was in trouble, Kurz immediately volunteered.

000478.png
    And so, with Sakaya saved, everythings good and we can go and beat up Ashura now.

000479.png
    Oh wait no.

Mazinger took too much damage from the battle...

000480.png

Tetsuya thanks Gai for their help. Even with the loss of Mazinger Z... they can't give up the fight against Dr. Hell just yet.

Still, this is pretty bad.

000481.png
    But not bad enough that Taiga feels that they need to be set back. Their plan, Project W, is going to suceed. And old Hawkeye owes him some favors, so he can count on the Valstork's help.

Of course, Freeman has an idea to help deal with D-boy's problem. With GGG's expeience in Super AIs, his plan should be implemented easily.

000482.png

Meanwhile, aboard the Mithril submarine, Tuatha De Danaan, Tessa and Kalinin ponder what a giant mess that Souske's mission has started with. Protecting a teenage girl (that has a good hard slaping hand) is hard enough. Still, with the offer that Taiga has extended Mithril, maybe protecting the Whispered will become a little easier...

000483.png

Outside Kaname's house, the "Angel" is safe and sound. Protecting Kaname is surprisingly tough, even with two cloaked Arm Slaves plus one of their best soliders watching her at all times.

Natrually, they've tapped her phone, and are listening in to her talking to her family in America. Turns out she dosn't hate Sousuke! Instead he's an "interesting kid". Which makes life easier for him, at least.

Maybe she won't hit him as much...

000484.png

Somewhre near Tokyo... Pasdar summons his Four Great Machine Generals; Polonaise, Primada, Pizza and Penchinon. To discuss strategy. It seems that the people who oppose him are to be gathered under one roof soon.. the perfect opportunity to get rid of them all.

000485.png

Using the Zonderized Inubousaki, they will crush the GGG and all that oppose them. Once that is done, they shall Mechanize the planet.

Of course, there's a little rush. The Radam and the Eviluders have begun their invasion, if they want win they need to act fast...

Pata on
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Having just defeated EI-02
    FTFY. We don't face EI-01 for a looong time.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    edited September 2010
    How did I make that typo.

Fixed.

Pata on
    edited September 2010
    Man, I'm so glad I'm still subscribed to this thread!

Kainy on
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man super robot wars are always awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygk9SSGbBEA
    but I'm sad that this will never happen.

Though the gurren lagann ds game was kind of cool for having like every famous attack from a mecha show ever.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    but I'm sad that this will never happen.

Though the gurren lagann ds game was kind of cool for having like every famous attack from a mecha show ever.
    What do you mean, "never happen"? Gurren Lagann is bound to get included in an SRW eventually. Hell, if Z2 gets announced this year I bet it'll be in that.

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Pata, another typo, it's Sayaka, not Sakaya.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • DarisDaris Registered User regular
    I demand more Sagara.