As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[APB] All Points Bulletin, I'm gettin' too old for this sh*t...

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    MoSiAc wrote: »
    70's theme music to play while busting skulls:
    Lowrider
    War (what is it good for)
    Anything by AbbA as a death music just to really upset people.

DANCING QUEEN

Pony on
  • BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    FYI death music is in-game creations only, just like tattoos and car decals. You know, kind of like the rings tones on cheap cell phones you gotta make yourself with a Composer. Which is why I wanna use a SNES tone for my death music (Kefka's Laugh from FFVI). :winky: So their won't be any human voices in your death music, just tones. Lucky for me, Kefka's laugh is a tone. :) Now I just gotta find the composer notes for it.

Kefka's Laugh

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
  • MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Or Fernando (I think that's the title)

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    70's theme music to play while busting skulls:
    Lowrider
    War (what is it good for)
    Anything by AbbA as a death music just to really upset people.

DANCING QUEEN

*Cap some thug*

WATCH THAT GIRL
    CHECK THAT SCENE
    DIGGING THE DANCING QUEEEEEEEEEN

BlueDestiny on
  • Ash-HousewaresAsh-Housewares TARDIS Hunter Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    New podcast about the music studio and how it interlinks last.fm into the game. It's a really dry podcast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H-n2uKl03U&feature=player_embedded

Ash-Housewares on
  • Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey so, I'm in the beta.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey, so, give me your account.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So if you're the cop side of the equation can you subdue and arrest the criminals? Or is it all shoot first ask questions later?

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    edited March 2010
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    So if you're the cop side of the equation can you subdue and arrest the criminals? Or is it all shoot first ask questions later?

I saw you can subdue in a play video podcast deal. It was really cool and I think you even get a bonus for doing that as opposed to gunning them down.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I saw you can subdue in a play video podcast deal. It was really cool and I think you even get a bonus for doing that as opposed to gunning them down.

That sounds awesome.

With the crazy customization it should be no hassle to create my character to look like Junior from Reno 911. Mustache and all.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • HullabalooHullabaloo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

From what i remember, if you arrest someone in a mission they take longer to spawn (1 minute compared to the normal 30 seconds or something.)

Of course it's a risk; as you are still vulnerable as you arrest someone.

Also - can't wait for this game. Hoping they have oceanic servers somewhere down the line. It's an ea title, so chances are better then normal.

Hullabaloo on
    Xbox ID: Oggie Rock
  • RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So I received my Beta Invite in the mail today - currently installing and updating. God I'm keen to try this out.

EDIT: But now it's 'Updating' and it needs to pull down 8gb of stuff. Woo. I knew that 70mb installer was small, but yeesh.

RisenPhoenix on
  • MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well now.

I wonder if this beta I keep hearing about supports Windows 7. Unfortunately, noone could probably tell me due to NDAs.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
    edited March 2010
    MrVyngaard wrote: »
    Well now.

I wonder if this beta I keep hearing about supports Windows 7. Unfortunately, noone could probably tell me due to NDAs.

I would certainly hope so. D:

I'm pretty sure I put W7 on my beta application, so I think they've put in for it.

RisenPhoenix on
  • CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Holy shit, I checked my spam filter and I found out I got in as well. Excellent.

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
    edited March 2010
    So I've got it installed and apparently my password doesn't want to work anymore. D=

I've sent the reset request but I'm not sure if their automated process is down 'cause I've not received an e-mail from them yet.

C'maaaaawn, I wanna play.

RisenPhoenix on
  • AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So I've got it installed and apparently my password doesn't want to work anymore. D=

I've sent the reset request but I'm not sure if their automated process is down 'cause I've not received an e-mail from them yet.

Read the launcher news :P

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
    edited March 2010
    Adda wrote: »

Nah, It's not an Error 8. I can't even log into the website to access the forums or anything like it.

Now everytime I get an e-mail message I run to it like a kid at christmas, only to be disappointed by a Facebook reply or an Amazon update. D=

RisenPhoenix on
  • FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh hey, I'm in this too. Neat. Next play time is March 13th 00:00 gmt.

I should have all of it downloaded by then...

Feriluce on
    XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Adda wrote: »

Nah, It's not an Error 8. I can't even log into the website to access the forums or anything like it.

Now everytime I get an e-mail message I run to it like a kid at christmas, only to be disappointed by a Facebook reply or an Amazon update. D=

I'm having the same problem, I wonder if it might not have been the volume of traffic from new invites making them have issues.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
    edited March 2010
    I don't even remember if I signed up for a beta. Surely I did though. Afraid to dig through my spam filter. would a mail search of "ABP" pull it up?

MoSiAc on
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Are people allowed to say whether or not they're in this beta?

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't even remember if I signed up for a beta. Surely I did though. Afraid to dig through my spam filter. would a mail search of "ABP" pull it up?

Probably.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My downloader has downloaded 87% of it and now crashes every time I try to download more =(

It also crashed a couple times during downloading, but restarted fine. So I'm hoping this just the content servers being down or something. I'll have to check the forums sometime.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
    edited March 2010
    Are people allowed to say whether or not they're in this beta?

I suspect it's not exactly liked due to then other people asking for details, but I think you're safe in openly saying you're in the beta - and that's it.

MrVyngaard on
    camo_sig2.png
  • SygnonSygnon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Heyo, if any of the kids who are in beta want to try to form a team with me, drop me a pm. I really want to see how working with people pans out instead of just running around solo

Sygnon on
    b0b11710e1ddcbfc1958f52a53cb7566.png
    edited March 2010
    Well I didn't see a beta invite floating around in my spam filter so :(

MoSiAc on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Mifio wrote: »
    Yeah, you can create the 'death music' a player hears when you kill them. I want to make one that really loud and annoying, so when I kill people they get pissed.

So you want to be one of those silly geese who trolls games instead of the internet? Such aspirations.

I wish I had a computer good enough to run this, because this sounds like one of those games I would daydream about years ago.

And the character creator, if it is still the same as it was when it was previewed last year, is a thing of dreams.

DouglasDanger on
    edited March 2010
    Also just to comment on the OP. The release date I read about about 3 weeks ago on the G4 crawl said July is when APB is gonna come out.

If someone else already pointed this out, then IGNORE ME!

MoSiAc on
  • ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    IGNORE ME!

Not to point out the obvious, but that would make for a great death "music".

Especially if you could dress up as the Grand Space Inquisitor or whatever he was called.

Archonex on
    edited March 2010
    I don't know. I think that would be pretty annoying for parties involved. Maybe comical the first time, but if you get into gun fights and you're dropping the same person 10 times then yeah. I'd probably just quit heh.

MoSiAc on
    edited March 2010
    I pretty much am sick to death of hearing about this game's death music and music generator thing.

It's like advertising a car's rear-view mirrors and refusing to tell me anything about the car.

Pony on
    edited March 2010
    Yeah but they are really cool mirrors.

What kind of stuff are you wondering about the game, cause most of the questions I had about it have already been answered in pod casts.

MoSiAc on
    edited March 2010
    is there a transcription of the pod-casts somewhere?

i'd like to know more about the game without having to listen to a pair of nerdy developers mouth-breath into a mic for two hours to find out how the combat works or something

Pony on
    edited March 2010
    I dunno about transcripts but yeah their dialog is less than enjoyable at times.

From what I remember them saying combat is like Grand Theft Auto or Saints Row.

If you don't mind waiting too long I could maybe type them up just for the sake of having something to do at home.

MoSiAc on
    edited March 2010
    I dunno about transcripts but yeah their dialog is less than enjoyable at times.

From what I remember them saying combat is like Grand Theft Auto or Saints Row.

If you don't mind waiting too long I could maybe type them up just for the sake of having something to do at home.

i would certainly appreciate it and i think they'd have a place in the OP of this thread

Pony on
    edited March 2010
    MrVyngaard wrote: »

I'm having the same problem, I wonder if it might not have been the volume of traffic from new invites making them have issues.

Apparently the problem was that they linked us to the EUROPEAN version of the Beta, which links you to the EUROPEAN version of the forums - of course we don't have accounts setup there.

They sent out a 'Oops, we fucked up!' e-mail, so now all is good. If you installed the EU version of the Beta and need to fix it, go here for the fix.

RisenPhoenix on
    edited March 2010
    Next Beta phase is this Friday, March 12th from 7pm EST/4pm PST.

Unfortunately I have to work at 6pm (D:) but I'll be jumping in as soon as I get home. I'll post character name and the like once I do.

RisenPhoenix on
  • AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If anyone wants to arrange meet ups, there is a PA thread buried in the guild forums fro
    the first beta phase.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
    edited March 2010
    So I'm trying to do this now. This is no where near as easy as I thought it would be heh.

MoSiAc on
This discussion has been closed.