As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Painkiller Jane

augustanaaugustana Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Graphic Violence
Is anyone planning to check out the Painkiller Jane series that starts this Friday on the Scifi channel?

I am kind of intrigued by the premise, and I liked that lead actress who was the villain in T3.

augustana on

• Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I've seen the ads running for it, now sure I may Tivo it and check it out.

smokmnky on
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Was Painkiller Jane the chick with regenerative powers that even beat out Wolverines? I recall reading a Hellboy comic with her, kicking the ass of some old Apache demon or somesuch.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I've heard good things about the comic, but it's one I have only ever glanced at in passing. But, it's a SciFi Channel show, and I almost always love their stuff (BSG, etc.), so I'm willing to give it a try.

I like the idea though, that even though she can regenerate, it hurts a lot - I like when characters have these powers and it kind of comes with a price to use them, kind of thing. I'm curious as to what the plot for the season will be - is it a mystery why she has this ability?

augustana on
  • Options
    TremorTremor Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    augustana wrote: »
    I've heard good things about the comic, but it's one I have only ever glanced at in passing. But, it's a SciFi Channel show, and I almost always love their stuff (BSG, etc.), so I'm willing to give it a try.

I like the idea though, that even though she can regenerate, it hurts a lot - I like when characters have these powers and it kind of comes with a price to use them, kind of thing. I'm curious as to what the plot for the season will be - is it a mystery why she has this ability?
    I am going to assume it will follow the continuity of the movie.
    She was a soldier severly wounded, maybe even killed, I can't remember. Then government experiment, yadda yadda. Won't take orders, blah blah. Disappears at end.

Tremor on
    TremorPAJoe.jpg
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Well the first episode certainly wasn't bad. Wasn't great or anything, but it was at the very least interesting. Look forward to seeing where they go with the show.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I thought it was a pretty interesting start to the series - I think it could go in a lot of different directions with what they set up in the pilot. I'll be watching next week. I liked Jane quite a bit, and her partner was awesome.

And Tremor, I didn't see the original movie, but that wasn't the sense that I got from the series premiere? It seemed like she could use that power when she was a kid? and that's where she got the nickname?

augustana on
  • Options
    TremorTremor Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    augustana wrote: »
    I thought it was a pretty interesting start to the series - I think it could go in a lot of different directions with what they set up in the pilot. I'll be watching next week. I liked Jane quite a bit, and her partner was awesome.

And Tremor, I didn't see the original movie, but that wasn't the sense that I got from the series premiere? It seemed like she could use that power when she was a kid? and that's where she got the nickname?

Yeah, the movie was completely different. They left if open at the end so I just figured they would take up where they left off, but I guess they chose to reboot and follow the comic more.

Tremor on
    TremorPAJoe.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Tremor wrote: »
    Yeah, the movie was completely different. They left if open at the end so I just figured they would take up where they left off, but I guess they chose to reboot and follow the comic more.

That's okay though - I like that it's more of a fresh start - probably because a lot of people hadn't seen the first movie? And I think that's okay, probably even good because it is something completely different. How closely do you think they'll follow the comics, I wonder?

Also, FYI, if anyone was thinking about checking it out, you can watch the full pilot episode on the SciFi site.

augustana on