As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Osaka Castle (4.17)

2»

• Darken RahlDarken Rahl Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Actually, as you probably know by now, the Japanese do lock their bikes, but only to themselves, so to speak. There's a loop on the back frame that snaps around the back tire, preventing riding. Also, the sheer amount of, and lack of maintenance on, most bikes prevents theft by carrying.

Otherwise, awesome photos.

DEF. hit up Himeji castle. It kills Osaka castle, which looks great exterior-wise, but is a concrete monstrosity inside.

Please tell my girlfriend I love her if you see her. She's probly asleep by now, tho.

Oh, and hike Mt. Fuji. You'll get some awesome shots.

Darken Rahl on
    imtoobigfrenbook.jpg
  • Sir PeechizworthSir Peechizworth Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Going to Hakone over spring break, so i might be going to Fuji-san. Where abouts is Himejijou?

I have seen SOME bikes with locks, but i'd say you're right in that the vast majority don't get jacked because, like you said 1) There are so many, and 2) because they don't really take care of them.

Sir Peechizworth on
    If it don't Blam, we don't want it.
    edited February 2007
    Himeji is about 2 hours west of Osaka by train. It's an authentic castle, rebuilt using the methods they originally used. I'll see if I can upload some photos for you, but it's WELL worth the trip.

Bikes, well, they let them go in order to tell you to get the heck out of the way. Squealing brakes make good bells. :D

Would you prefer me post my photos here or in the photo thread?

Darken Rahl on
    imtoobigfrenbook.jpg
    edited February 2007
    Nagoya Castle was the same way. It got the stuffing bombed out of it when the US started hitting japan, but they rebuilt it, and it's pretty cool.

I don't mind you posting a few in here for the sake of conversation :D
    You may notice i don't actually post in the photo thread. I tried once, and it was as if my posts were only visible to me. Not so much as a 'nice shot' from anyone in there, so i started my own thread in hopes that i might get crits if not at least an occasional 'good job'.

Sir Peechizworth on
    edited February 2007
    I know how ya feel, I believe it has little to do with not being appreciated and more to do with not being well known. I'm a rare poster, and I think that the photo thread gets bogged down with massive dumps, so there' little actual critiquing going on unless you're bad. Mostly it's just "Nic eshot" which never helped me any.

PS. Im not asking for a pity party, and Im not whining at all.

Darken Rahl on
    imtoobigfrenbook.jpg
    edited February 2007
    These are pretty horrible pics...

wtf mate

DSC_3930.jpg

DSC_3939.jpg

DSC_3971.jpg

DSC_3993.jpg

DSC_4019.jpg

DSC_3913.jpg

Himeji was built in 1610, turns out I was wrong.

Darken Rahl on
    imtoobigfrenbook.jpg
    edited March 2007
    GFA.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike-1.jpg

Pan_Sapporo.jpg

Sir Peechizworth on
  • Scott WegenerScott Wegener Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    man, some really nice stuff.

I totally want that mecha-crapper for my house.

Scott Wegener on
    edited March 2007
    bahaha, thx!

RAGH.jpg

boat.jpg

Sir Peechizworth on
  • GinzueGinzue Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oh god, I thought I might never see that pirate ship again. The fat old red headed plastic pirate on the ship was the cause of so many lewed photo ops. Love the stuff man!

Ginzue on
    Ginzue!
    edited March 2007
    hahaha. I can only imagine. I take it you went to hakone too, huh? Did you see fuji from the lake? because it was way too misty that day.

Sir Peechizworth on
  • GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    hahaha. I can only imagine. I take it you went to hakone too, huh? Did you see fuji from the lake? because it was way too misty that day.

Hakone is awesome, I didn't ride the pirate ship though. These are my favorites from there:
    japan22.jpg

japan19.jpg

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
    edited April 2007
    osakajou.jpg

Sir Peechizworth on