As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MICHAEL BAY ON]Bad Company 2: Carl Gustav is king!

• Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    They got their money, sank time into BC2, and are calling it a day, it looks like.

Looks like we're going to get stellar support for BC2, by the looks of it, too.

Mustachio Jones on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    tofu wrote: »
    Why does the Dome crash all the time?

it's a universal problem affecting all servers. also I wanted conquest too

tyrannus on
  • SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Why does the Dome crash all the time?

Imagine every player as an ingredient. Each one of us, every PA'er is a bean. The more angry, the more flavorful. Each team, a burrito of hate, supplied with rice rockets from Carl Gustav, the sauce of M60s and 40 mm tomatoes being tossed around. We come together, consumed in a fit of deliciousness, a feat for EAs servers. As the Foodtacular festivities come together, the server must try harder and harder to keep its insides from rupturing. After a time, it just simply must flush what it has, and begin cooking again.

Anyway, they're looking into it.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • TheBanaTheBana Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I've realised I'm terrible with close-up weapons such as the SAIGA and other various shotgun types.

I just panic when I'm face-to-face with someone, shoot the sky and will usually die horribly.

I'm more of a LMG/Assualt rifle kinda guy...I'm also terrible with sniper rifles.

TheBana on
    Monster Hunter Tri - TheBana/FZVK6U; Skype - TheBana84;
  • elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey guys, 870MCS + slugs + magnum ammo is a really good sniper weapon. You can even shoot pilots out of helicopters with it

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Commissar DemosthenesCommissar Demosthenes Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    TheBana wrote: »
    I've realised I'm terrible with close-up weapons such as the SAIGA and other various shotgun types.

I just panic when I'm face-to-face with someone, shoot the sky and will usually die horribly.

I'm like this with the pump action, but with the saiga I can keep shooting and get them.

Commissar Demosthenes on
    Steam name: Chicago Ted.
    96cce.png
    oh god I am not good at battlefield
  • JMT_AOTPJMT_AOTP Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    hopefully the servers get fixed soon, for some reason joining a game as a squad doesn't work.

JMT_AOTP on
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Angry Dome lives up to its name when playing against a horribly stacked team that also has more players. Just not any fun.

Lighten up. People need to stop being so mad all the time. It's not good for you.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm pretty sure I have never been shot at by the Carl Gustav. Maybe this is because I'm on the 360 or something.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    At least half to 3/4 of my deaths must have been from Carl Gustav today. He is just so good at this game.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Angry Dome lives up to its name when playing against a horribly stacked team that also has more players. Just not any fun.

Yeah, since the average Angry Dome match is now almost always "giant stack of the elite PA players" vs. "Random pubbies and the PA folks who show up late" face-rapings, I'm having more fun on other servers.

Blah blah, don't get angry at videogames, blah blah. WTB team scramble after each round.

Lawndart on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »

Yeah, since the average Angry Dome match is now almost always "giant stack of the elite PA players" vs. "Random pubbies and the PA folks who show up late" face-rapings, I'm having more fun on other servers.

Blah blah, don't get angry at videogames, blah blah. WTB team scramble after each round.

When does team-stacking begin and a genuine good round by a team end?

Because sometimes they seem to be one in the same.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    I start considering the teams unfair after about 5 matches that the same team wins.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lionel-RichieLionel-Richie Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    How have they released a game based on team multiplayer with broken autobalance? I mean honestly?

But when you fix it, DICE, please let it ignore friend-squads first. With only one "team switch" like...per server connection I don't want to get separated from my squad because people quit when they lose. Move the less cohesive squads or lone wolves first!

Lionel-Richie on
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Malkor wrote: »
    Lawndart wrote: »

When does team-stacking begin and a genuine good round by a team end?

Because sometimes they seem to be one in the same.

Yeah, it's a grey area. Hence I don't pitch a fit about it in-game, I just stay for one or two sledgehammers to the testicles and then move along.

For me, if one team is 95% PA tagged folks that I know are really good players, and the other team has around 3-4 PA tagged folks, me, and random pubbies, I'm assuming that's not random chance.

Lawndart on
    edited March 2010
    Oh yeah, and to everyone who plays this game, Look at my avatar.

Quit gettin' mad at videogames.

Commissar Demosthenes on
    96cce.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Goomba wrote: »
    I start considering the teams unfair after about 5 matches that the same team wins.

Yeah thats a good indicator, now if its back and forth when that happens awesome just aren't getting the job done, but if its 90 - 0 shut outs, yeah suck city.

Man I fucking love panama, oh sure drive your tanks in really predictable routes and keep hitting the same mines over and over, I need me some kills.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dear team,

PRESS Q TO SPOT

tofu on
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dear team,

PRESS Q TO SPOT

Dear tofu,

Too busy getting kills.

Regards,
    - Your entire team

BC2 is set up to reward this kind of behaviour, unfortunately. Small rewards for teamwork, an unlock system that rewards playing a single class above all others, and the scoreboard showing kills and deaths as opposed to just overall score contribute to this. It's a shame.

Suriko on
  • warmakerwarmaker Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    How have they released a game based on team multiplayer with broken autobalance? I mean honestly?

But when you fix it, DICE, please let it ignore friend-squads first. With only one "team switch" like...per server connection I don't want to get separated from my squad because people quit when they lose. Move the less cohesive squads or lone wolves first!

So very very disappointed with this, I had higher expectations from DICE.

warmaker on
  • DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Wait, how does it reward playing only one class? I have Recon maxed and have to deal with the internal conflict of "I want to snipe dudes" versus "I want to make the bars fill up".

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
    edited March 2010
    Suriko wrote: »
    Dear team,

PRESS Q TO SPOT

Dear tofu,

Too busy getting kills.

Regards,
    - Your entire team

BC2 is set up to reward this kind of behaviour, unfortunately. Small rewards for teamwork, an unlock system that rewards playing a single class above all others, and the scoreboard showing kills and deaths as opposed to just overall score contribute to this. It's a shame.

It shows kills, deaths, and overall score.

And it just seems that spotting is kind of buggy for me. Sometimes still spot the guy fine, sometimes it won't when he's right there and I'm looking right at him, sometimes it'll spot but go away in two seconds, and sometimes it'll spot 5 guys behind the hill.

Commissar Demosthenes on
    96cce.png
  • IsidoreIsidore Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    There should probably be some runoff of points when you level up. That is, when you hit 15 you get X amount of points for all your specs (or even each kill is 50 for the spec you're using and 10 for the ones you aren't) instead of just a glut of recon points for knowing motion mines are boss.

Isidore on
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So we still need a server banner eh?

Here's a quick attempt...

angrydomepa.png

and without the PA

angrydomenopa.png

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sladvan asked me to post this in the thread

angrydome-1.png

It is my proposal for the new Angry Dome banner.

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Need more anger.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • IsidoreIsidore Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Akira wrote: »
    Sladvan asked me to post this in the thread

angrydome-1.png

It is my proposal for the new Angry Dome banner.

So perfect.

Isidore on
  • Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Carbon, that's pretty nice.

edit: You all have terrible taste.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku LondonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Pancake wrote: »

Lighten up. People need to stop being so mad all the time. It's not good for you.

I don't get mad in that situation, I just don't enjoy it: Spawn....run....BANG. Dead. Repeat ad infinitum.

Still, there are plenty of other servers that are full of rubbish people.

In other news: Assault gets a shitload better when you unlock the 4x scope.

Jimmy Marku on
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    About to get on for a couple of rounds. If the Dome isn't full.

Warcry on
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dear team,

PRESS Q TO SPOT

Dear tofu,

Too busy getting kills.

Regards,
    - Your entire team

BC2 is set up to reward this kind of behavior, unfortunately. Small rewards for teamwork, an unlock system that rewards playing a single class above all others, and the scoreboard showing kills and deaths as opposed to just overall score contribute to this. It's a shame.

Hmm? You K/D will be lower, but you get more points for a spot + critical squad assist than a kill by a very significant margin. Medicing is also worth more points than killing by far. A good medic will get like 1.5x as many points as the 60\x assault he keeps healing and rezzing.
    Pancake wrote: »

I don't get mad in that situation, I just don't enjoy it: Spawn....run....BANG. Dead. Repeat ad infinitum.

Still, there are plenty of other servers that are full of rubbish people.

In other news: Assault gets a shitload better when you unlock the 4x scope.

I strongly disagree with this. I think the ideal assault setup is M16A2 / 1911 / Noob tube* / Red dot / Magnum bullets / whatever. At least that is what has been most successful for me.

* Though for the love of Christ, don't use this as your primary weapon.

programjunkie on
  • Raoulduke20Raoulduke20 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The M16 is a great gun but I can't get over the M416. It is so fun.

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku LondonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I strongly disagree with this. I think the ideal assault setup is M16A2 / 1911 / Noob tube* / Red dot / Magnum bullets / whatever. At least that is what has been most successful for me.

I only just unlocked the Aug, so i've got a little way to go for that. I did find that the red dot seemed really inaccurate at anything more than 20m or so. For that distance i'd rather use the Saiga.

I've been using the XM8 and tapping fire to single shot, it can be super accurate.

Also, did you notice any improvement with the handling upgrade? I can't say I have.

Jimmy Marku on
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dear team,

PRESS Q TO SPOT

Dear tofu,

Too busy getting kills.

Regards,
    - Your entire team

You get more points from a spot assist than a regular assist. I'm pretty sure people don't do it just because they are dumb and forget.

edit: M16A2 with the 4x scope and the 1911 is the best assault set up

tofu on
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The M16 is a great gun but I can't get over the M416. It is so fun.

I like the M416 and the AN94 as well. I just consider the M16 the best of the three in terms of sheer kill potential.

I only just unlocked the Aug, so i've got a little way to go for that. I did find that the red dot seemed really inaccurate at anything more than 20m or so. For that distance i'd rather use the Saiga.

That's crazy. The red dot is accurate out to several hundred meters. Fire single shots / burst.
    I've been using the XM8 and tapping fire to single shot, it can be super accurate.

Also, did you notice any improvement with the handling upgrade? I can't say I have.

I think a bit, but I think magnum comes out on top in terms of kill potential, esp. with the 1911 as a sidearm.

I would also like to note while I consider it the best, most of the sidearms are actually quite competent. The Mxxx (the 2nd one from the top) is hyper accurate when iron sighted and fired slowly, and the report is fairly quiet. Great for distance kills if your primary has an empty mag.

programjunkie on
    edited March 2010
    Spot assist + squad kill assist = points!

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
    edited March 2010
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    Spot assist + squad kill assist = points!

Earlier tonight I was lighting people up on the heavy MG. I was spotting folks left and right, and getting assists and kills on everyone and anyone who would run down the hill.

But then someone got wise and shot me with a T-70.

But for like 3 mins, I was the god of BC2.

Malkor on
    edited March 2010
    Heavy MGs, both on the ground and in tanks, are where I belong if you want people deaded. Kill after kill after kill.

Also you become strangely invisible sometimes. Like on... whatever, the island map, I manned the MG just by the docks and spent the next couple of minutes mowing down the defenders as we zerged A. All that time, nobody even looked twice at me. No shooting at me, no grenades, nothing. Totally bizarre, and fun as hell.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Carl Gustav shits on your Heavy MG

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited March 2010
    Carl Gustav shits on your Heavy MG

You can shoot down rockets when you use the Heavy MG.

Malkor on
This discussion has been closed.