As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MICHAEL BAY ON]Bad Company 2: Carl Gustav is king!

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    Heavy MGs, both on the ground and in tanks, are where I belong if you want people deaded. Kill after kill after kill.

Also you become strangely invisible sometimes. Like on... whatever, the island map, I manned the MG just by the docks and spent the next couple of minutes mowing down the defenders as we zerged A. All that time, nobody even looked twice at me. No shooting at me, no grenades, nothing. Totally bizarre, and fun as hell.

I often get sniped in less than 2.0 seconds on them, esp. on Isla Illocentes, part 1.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You know what the coooolest thing is?

Calling in a mortar strike on yourself because even though you think you're in front of a bush and are aiming at something distant, the game decided you wanted to target the bush behind you anyway.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    FunbagsFunbags Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Grrrrrrr, what is it that compels people to take a tank that has an engineer fixing it and then driving away with a broke ass tank that explodes when shot upon?

Funbags on
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Pancake wrote: »
    You know what the coooolest thing is?

Calling in a mortar strike on yourself because even though you think you're in front of a bush and are aiming at something distant, the game decided you wanted to target the bush behind you anyway.
    It's the best.

It makes me not want to bother unlocking all the recon crap. I don't even like playing as recon.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    ZombieSheepZombieSheep Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Spot assist + squad kill assist = points!

spotting manually never works out for me.

If i spot them far away it usually fades and nobody notice or do anything about it.

if I spot people I run into close up, I either kill them in the next second or they kill me. Again nobody seem to notice either way.

motion mines seems to be the only thing that last long enough for people on my team to notice.

ZombieSheep on
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Even far away and temporary spots can be very useful in working out general enemy movements.

Motion mines though are God in a little ball.

Suriko on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Spot assist + squad kill assist = points!

Oh I'm a spottin demon. Also good to press q on the MCOM station when its been armed.

Funbags on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The worst is when you are losing and it gets to the point where the other team basically pushes right up to your only spawn point and then you just get killed over and over and over without any chance to really push back because you end up doing things like spawning into a grenade/CG explosion and dying within 2 seconds.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    IsidoreIsidore Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The worst is when you are losing and it gets to the point where the other team basically pushes right up to your only spawn point and then you just get killed over and over and over without any chance to really push back because you end up doing things like spawning into a grenade/CG explosion and dying within 2 seconds.

Points farm if you're playing medic though. There's so little recourse to that kind of dickery all you can do is keep reviving people to be ritually slaughtered.

What do people even get out of dominating the other team? Isn't the point of the game competition? It's hardly rewarding to lob grenades on a team with 5 less guys than you.

Isidore on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Isidore wrote: »

Points farm if you're playing medic though. There's so little recourse to that kind of dickery all you can do is keep reviving people to be ritually slaughtered.

What do people even get out of dominating the other team? Isn't the point of the game competition? It's hardly rewarding to lob grenades on a team with 5 less guys than you.

Points!

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    AdrenalineAdrenaline Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Got the game a couple days ago, holy shit leveling medic from nothing is painful. The PKM is crap; I hope the M249 is much better.

Adrenaline on
    I will show you fear in a handful of dust
  • Options
    YontouryuYontouryu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Adrenaline wrote: »
    Got the game a couple days ago, holy shit leveling medic from nothing is painful. The PKM is crap; I hope the M249 is much better.

The M249 is god once you get used to it. Killing people with it is way more pro than with the M60 8-)

Yontouryu on
    a3968.png
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

It is.

But M60 is KING

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    IsidoreIsidore Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Malkor wrote: »

It is.

But M60 is KING

Grr.

Isidore on
  • Options
    ZombieSheepZombieSheep Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Pancake wrote: »
    Isidore wrote: »

Points!

pretty much that.

I find most people don't really want competitions(not that they will ever admit it), they just want to dominate or stump other people.

ZombieSheep on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    for most people, i think this is the order of preference:

1) close, exciting game that you win
    2) landslide victory
    3) close, exciting game that you lose
    4) horrible crushing defeat

for some people, 2 and 1 are interchangeable.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

pretty much that.

I find most people don't really want competitions(not that they will ever admit it), they just want to dominate or stump other people.

Competition is what its all about - but sometimes dominating can sate the bloodlust.

Funbags on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    for most people, i think this is the order of preference:

1) close, exciting game that you win
    2) landslide victory
    3) close, exciting game that you lose
    4) horrible crushing defeat

for some people, 2 and 1 are interchangeable.

0) MEDAAAAAAAAAAAALLLSSSS

Malkor on
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Once you get a shotgun, use that instead. So much better for the ranges that I play medic in

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I try to play as little Rush as possible, mostly due to the fact that I always end up on a terrible team. So I don't know a ton about it, but I was just wondering. What causes the attacking team's tickets to increase? Is it by killing the defenders, or does it just happen over time? I know their tickets reset after each set of points, but I am talking like regeneration.

I could swear I've never seen it happen like this before, but I was playing a match tonight where at one point we had the attackers down to 20 tickets and they somehow managed to get back up to 50! They were getting tickets back faster than we could kill them off. We managed to hold them back at our last point for a while but eventually we lost it.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    Manji2099Manji2099 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm tired of pubs. Can I play with you guys on 360? Only got it for a few days.

ID is Cryesh. No headset.

Manji2099 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Dangerous wrote: »
    What causes the attacking team's tickets to increase?

Reviving fallen soldiers via Medic - shouldn't jump from 20 to 50 (without resetting via MCOM destruction) though.

Funbags on
  • Options
    CroakCroak Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dangerous wrote: »
    I try to play as little Rush as possible, mostly due to the fact that I always end up on a terrible team. So I don't know a ton about it, but I was just wondering. What causes the attacking team's tickets to increase? Is it by killing the defenders, or does it just happen over time? I know their tickets reset after each set of points, but I am talking like regeneration.

Every time the attackers take out a pair of MComm stations, they get a ticket reset to whatever the max is for that map.

Croak on
  • Options
    SanguinarySanguinary Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Someone said, a page or 2 back that the scoreboard shows KD is that for PC only? On xbox the only thing i ever see on the score board are scores... At the end you can see your own KD, but that's it as far as I know.

Sanguinary on
    "Und... under control? You're grabbing a fucking bazooka, you dumbass"

"I don't even bother to use my brain any more! There's nothing left in it"
  • Options
    MolotovCockatooMolotovCockatoo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    what do the bronze and silver (and presumably gold, but I haven't seen one yet) stars you earn indicate? Are they the same as the weapon kill count stars?

MolotovCockatoo on
    Killjoy wrote: »
    No jeez Orik why do you assume the worst about people?

Because he moderates an internet forum

http://lexiconmegatherium.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    what do the bronze and silver (and presumably gold, but I haven't seen one yet) stars you earn indicate? Are they the same as the weapon kill count stars?

You ganked someone of a higher rank - People ranked 20+ give silver, ranked 30+ give gold.

Funbags on
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Okay, fuck the campaign. Fuck it in hell forever. How the fuck am I supposed to kill two enemy havocs when a bunch of infantry are taking shots at me and there's no cover from the choppers raining shells down on me and my team just stands there doing fuck-all to help? This is beyond stupid.

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    morkath is a good tank buddy

tyrannus on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Okay, fuck the campaign. Fuck it in hell forever. How the fuck am I supposed to kill two enemy havocs when a bunch of infantry are taking shots at me and there's no cover from the choppers raining shells down on me and my team just stands there doing fuck-all to help? This is beyond stupid.

Here's the solution: stop playing single player. Seriously, it's pretty lame shit.

When I finished, I was pretty much, "Wait, that was it? Really? That's time I wasted not playing multiplayer!"

Zxerol on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Funbags wrote: »

You ganked someone of a higher rank - People ranked 20+ give silver, ranked 30+ give gold.

The silver and gold dog tags are separate from the Bronze/Silver/Gold Stars. I think you need 10/20/30 kills with a weapon to get each one. Possibly vehicles are counted separately from other weapons.

Malkor on
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Zxerol wrote: »

Here's the solution: stop playing single player. Seriously, it's pretty lame shit.

When I finished, I was pretty much, "Wait, that was it? Really? That's time I wasted not playing multiplayer!"

This is starting to sound wiser and wiser the more I think about it.

Also, what's up with the dogtags? I just get a little symbol and another player's name under it. What's it for?

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Stealin the choppers is great. Its my single goal some times.

Sheep on
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    To keep forever. To know that you have stabbed that person. To gloat.

Warcry on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Also, what's up with the dogtags? I just get a little symbol and another player's name under it. What's it for?

They are for measuring your e-peen.

Funbags on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I liked the singleplayer. :(

Sure, it wasn't amazing, but the characters and dialogue were fun.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Why are some dogtags red and some silver?

tofu on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    bronze and silver

level of person you shanked affects this

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Funbags wrote: »

They are for measuring your e-peen.

Also to work your way through the player list in the OP. Gotta stab em all!

-SPI- on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    bronze and silver

level of person you shanked affects this

So then there should be a gold tag? Maybe for like, 40+ or 35+ or something.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    There is a gold tag for stabbing people who have played this game far too long

Zen Vulgarity on
This discussion has been closed.