As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MICHAEL BAY ON]Bad Company 2: Carl Gustav is king!

• CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So i've been trying some BC2 on kakos's machine and I feel like I'm not able to kill things with guns. I would like a much large notification of when someone dies.

First round 11 kills with the sniper rifle 62 shots fired :x

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So i've been trying some BC2 on kakos's machine and I feel like I'm not able to kill things with guns. I would like a much large notification of when someone dies.

First round 11 kills with the sniper rifle 62 shots fired :x

Well, it does say in pretty big text "KILLING AN ENEMY +50" with the name below it...

Suriko on
  • TekDragonTekDragon __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    WKA just scrimmed against one of the top BF2 clans. We tied since everyone was too tired for the tie-breaker round, but there was something I found interesting.

Would anyone like to guess how many times sniper rifles were used?

TekDragon on
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    TekDragon wrote: »
    WKA just scrimmed against one of the top BF2 clans. We tied since everyone was too tired for the tie-breaker round, but there was something I found interesting.

Half of each team was comprised of sniper rifle using recons?

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Pancake wrote: »

See, that's what I would have thought as well - since we all know recons win games, right?

Except that not a single damn person used a sniper rifle. Both teams used 1 semi-auto recon with motion mines to help assault points. Their team used an additional recon (also semi-auto) who loaded the ATV with C4 and kept trying to nail our APC.

It was amazing.

TekDragon on
    edited March 2010

See, that's what I would have thought as well - since we all know recons win games, right?

Except that not a single damn person used a sniper rifle. Both teams used 1 semi-auto recon with motion mines to help assault points. Their team used an additional recon (also semi-auto) who loaded the ATV with C4 and kept trying to nail our APC.

It was amazing.

So why do we care how super pro clans play?

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • FunbagsFunbags Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

What the PA tag doesn't denote me as a super pro?

Funbags on
    edited March 2010

It was amazing.

I just found it interesting. Carry on, bush humper.

TekDragon on
    edited March 2010
    Funbags wrote: »

Maybe once you have a positive K/D. HEH.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    HEH.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
    edited March 2010

Maybe once you have a positive K/D. HEH.

Haha, touche. Hard to maintain that k/d while supporting the team objectives.

Funbags on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    man. scrimming in this game would be nuts

tyrannus on
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The Yard Gnome is an anagram for The Angry Dome

edit: I am super pro

tofu on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    tofu wrote: »

holy shit

Evil Multifarious on
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    tyrannus wrote: »
    FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF REALLY FUCKING BAD IDEAS

If you submit a banner that is approved by Sladvan and I, you get a free kick!(!!)
    That's right. Fucking hate Sladvan's platinum star on his grenade launcher? kick! Desrever's teamswitching pissing you the hell off? a boot to the head! Kimchi? You see where I'm going with this.
    Or do you? IT CAN BE ANYONE! FOR ANY REASON!

Send your submissions to Sladvan and me! Image must be 512 x 64 and in .PNG format!
    no goombas are eligable
    Hey that means I can get in and fuck any other goomba.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

super pro at being shit

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    edited March 2010
    So is having 3 squaddies put all their c4 on the UAV and then ramming it into the point and blowing it exploiting?

I've been called out for such many times so far, but when the enemy team tries it on us someone just shoots the UAV down

ahahahahahahahah holy shit! what does it say about me that I read this and I think: I must try this.

Don't forget to spawn with the explosion upgrade perk and the more explosives perk.

Double the C4 + 25% more boom = hilarity, if you can get it in there.

TekDragon on
    edited March 2010
    So medic shock paddles can blow out windows and doors.

Pretty cool.

Suriko on
  • FiziksFiziks Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    BC2 is an anagram for TF2.

Fiziks on
    Cvcwu.jpg
    edited March 2010
    After testing it appears that the explosion upgrade perk is not all that great with the 40mm. It increases the 'guaranteed kill' radius by 25%, but keep in mind that 125% of a very small number is still a very small number.

I still use it just because it boosts hand grenades by a decent chunk and because armor is for sissies.

TekDragon on
    edited March 2010

Team Hydrogen
    Dame Get Horny
    Hated Men Orgy
    Death Men Orgy
    Ye Armed Thong
    Get Her Monday

Funbags on
    edited March 2010

Team Hydrogen
    Dame Get Horny
    Hated Men Orgy
    Death Men Orgy
    Ye Armed Thong
    Get Her Monday

I laughed when I thought it said Ye Armed Throng. Then I laughed harder when I read what it actually said.

TekDragon on
    edited March 2010

8wxzjs.png

tofu on
  • cm83cm83 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Blah blah blah clans fought each other.

Their team used an additional recon (also semi-auto) who loaded the ATV with C4 and kept trying to nail our APC.

It was amazing.

OMG, does this mean I can do this more without fear of getting kicked? It's officially pro now.

Jihad Jeeps are my single most favorite tactic in the whole game. I giggle like a little girl every time I hit the detonator.

cm83 on
    OkieMurse.png
    edited March 2010
    If Jihad Jeeps are wrong I don't want to be right. Since BF2 they've been so much fun.

Suriko on
    edited March 2010
    BF2? We used to put dynamite in jeeps in 1942.

tofu on
    edited March 2010

True, but sticky explosives made it into an art.

Suriko on
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It's an official gameplay feature for Battlefield games. Go on, check the back of your box. It's true.

(Ha, I just noticed it says "up to 24 players" on the back of the PC case. Laziness yay!)

Zxerol on
    edited March 2010
    Suriko wrote: »

True, but sticky explosives made it into an art.

Pfft. We used to put dynamite on planes.

... Allies planes....:x

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    edited March 2010
    The later Battlefields never really offered the freedom of 1942.

Walking on the wings of a huge bomber flying in the air over a fuckoffhuge desert and walking onto another plane a friend is flying was great, as just one example.

Or playing with some friends as the axis on Iwo Jima and having a fuckton of allied bots try and land on the island we're defending and fight up the hill.

Suriko on
    edited March 2010
    At least medic is still the best class.

Some things never change.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So, there's lots of little things in this game I haven't quite picked up on. Like, does demolishing a building destroy the MCOM inside? I haven't witnessed it and the only time I think about it is when I'm on defense. Also, is there any gain for multiple people disarming, or should others guard?
    Suriko wrote: »
    The later Battlefields never really offered the freedom of 1942.

Walking on the wings of a huge bomber flying in the air over a fuckoffhuge desert and walking onto another plane a friend is flying was great, as just one example.

My favorite bit in 1942 was to fly a plane straight up, exit, then repair it while your momentum carried you up with the slowing plane, then hop in and recover.

Realism.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    if the building can collapse yes

and it helps to have more because typically dudes get shot so the more bodies to shoot the better the odds one will successfully disarm it

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
    edited March 2010
    So, there's lots of little things in this game I haven't quite picked up on. Like, does demolishing a building destroy the MCOM inside? I haven't witnessed it and the only time I think about it is when I'm on defense. Also, is there any gain for multiple people disarming, or should others guard?

Yes it does. If the building collapses on it.

And no, if multiple people are disarming, that just means easy targets for snipers or RPGs. But, of course, if you have five people gathered around and snipers are trying to pick off the person disarming, it's hard to do it in time.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
    edited March 2010

Yeah, destroying a building destroys the M-COM. It's one of the reasons mortars are extremely powerful.

There's no speed bonus for multiple bomb armers. The others should guard.

Suriko on
  • AdrenalineAdrenaline Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    As of tonight I'm getting weird lag issues. Ping upwards of 300, strange rubber banding into deaths... I even unloaded my M249 into a guy from within 10 yards and don't think I hit him at all. He killed me with a pistol.

Definitely not my internet, just ran a speed test and got 25.45 mbps down/2.62 mbps up.

Adrenaline on
    I will show you fear in a handful of dust
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hm, good to know. Thanks all.

Surprised I don't see more shotgun/C4 takedowns, although maybe that's just a consequence of practicing in pub servers.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
    edited March 2010

Surprised I don't see more shotgun/C4 takedowns, although maybe that's just a consequence of practicing in pub servers.

C4 is somewhat rare, but I see shotgun kills constantly on the PA servers.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
    edited March 2010

Shotgun is a blast!

Funbags on
  • DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So is having 3 squaddies put all their c4 on the UAV and then ramming it into the point and blowing it exploiting?

I've been called out for such many times so far, but when the enemy team tries it on us someone just shoots the UAV down

ahahahahahahahah holy shit! what does it say about me that I read this and I think: I must try this.

I need to try this to.

Got BC2 just the other day, so will be comming to a PA server near you eventually.

Have played om some pub games (only rush) and those where really fun, especially when you get in a tank or UAV.
    Got my first multi kill with the UAV. 4 peeps bunching up near the MCOM, and that finally stacked up to 400 pts due to all the bonus. I like the UAV the most of all the vehicles at the moment. Especially when you see someone sitting obliviously behind cover and the in comes the death from above and their mangled corpse flys a few meters. If I could only work out how to fly a helicopter without doing flipflops.

Dirtmuncher on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.