As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MICHAEL BAY ON]Bad Company 2: Carl Gustav is king!

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hm, good to know. Thanks all.

Surprised I don't see more shotgun/C4 takedowns, although maybe that's just a consequence of practicing in pub servers.
    On the rare occasion that I play recon, I always use C4 to kill tanks.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh, I meant close range recons advancing to MCOM and then C4ing the building, instead of sniping/mortaring (although I do love me some mortars). Seems like a single C4 recon getting in an MCOM building undetected is ready to ruin someone's day.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    MegaMek wrote: »

Surprised I don't see more shotgun/C4 takedowns, although maybe that's just a consequence of practicing in pub servers.

Here's the glorious thing about Assault.

And shotguns with Assault.

You get C4! You essentially get everything that makes shotgun Recon amazing, but with infinite ammo/explosives because it's Assault. This frees up your first perk that you may be using for ammo or extra explosives for Lightweight, or Slugs, or whatever.

Thus my favorite class is a SAIGA, Lightweight, Magnum, MP-412 sidearm as Assault. I am a tank killing, Engineer fucking, flanking your mans sonuvabitch. And it's oh-so-much fun.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Here's the glorious thing about Assault.

And shotguns with Assault.

You get C4! You essentially get everything that makes shotgun Recon amazing, but with infinite ammo/explosives because it's Assault. This frees up your first perk that you may be using for ammo or extra explosives for Lightweight, or Slugs, or whatever.

Thus my favorite class is a SAIGA, Lightweight, Magnum, MP-412 sidearm as Assault. I am a tank killing, Engineer fucking, flanking your mans sonuvabitch. And it's oh-so-much fun.

But you don't get motion sensors.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    if I didn't have self respect I would be liming your post, pancake

edit: also saiga is terrible. shotgun is better in every case

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    SoaL wrote: »

"Shotgun"?

That is a shotgun.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is there any strategy necessary in taking down a building? Or is it just 'shoot at the bits that are still standing until they aren't'? I've never actually taken down a building on my own, or at least I haven't landed the final blow. I'll knock out all the walls with grenades if it offers any sort of tactical advantage, but after that I'm never sure if it's going to be worth trying to harm the structure or if I should just try and rush in to plant.

exis on
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    bfbc2game20100315173304.png

This is what happens when I don't play on a US server.
    Hurrah for shotgun engi.

Warcry on
  • Options
    AdrenalineAdrenaline Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    hahaha, nice.

Adrenaline on
    I will show you fear in a handful of dust
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I think unanimously we can say this: Shotguns, of any sort, on any class, are amazing.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nope

Shotguns suck

tofu on
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    exis wrote: »
    Is there any strategy necessary in taking down a building? Or is it just 'shoot at the bits that are still standing until they aren't'? I've never actually taken down a building on my own, or at least I haven't landed the final blow. I'll knock out all the walls with grenades if it offers any sort of tactical advantage, but after that I'm never sure if it's going to be worth trying to harm the structure or if I should just try and rush in to plant.

From my experimentation, I don't think there's any real reliable method for taking down buildings. Just hammer away at the walls until you hear the loud creaking then run for the hills.

Suriko on
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The only foolproof way to drop buildings is to take out the entire bottom floor, then about three walls on the second, if it's a three story building.

Warcry on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

"Shotgun"?

That is a shotgun.

the 870 combat shotgun

why take 3 shots to take someone out when the combat shotgun does it in 1

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2010

"Shotgun"?

That is a shotgun.

the 870 combat shotgun

Why have someone be at 2% health after your first shot and then have to switch to sidearm/fire another round when you can simply fire two more with the semi-auto and make sure he's down? Or when there's more than one and a ridiculous amount of lead is needed? I love the pump-actions, but they don't have the mow-down ability of the SAIGA or USAS.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The NS2000 is better in every way.

MegaMek on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I fucking rampaged with that thing. It's pretty chunky.

Warcry on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The reload speed on the NS2000 is hilarious with only one shell missing. It's practically *tap reload* *.1 second passes* *ready to go*

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    switching to my pistol to finish one out of 10 kills is a price i will pay because
    1. it looks totally bad ass
    2. it looks totally bad ass
    d) all of the above

also yes I want me a NS2000

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2010

"Shotgun"?

That is a shotgun.

the 870 combat shotgun

*gets killed by a rifle while tying to get into shotgun range*

tofu on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    thats when you respawn with slugs and snipe the nerds who think rifles are cool

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Slugs would be useful if you could use ironsights on shotguns, but you can't.

tofu on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm still trying to figure out what the point of some guns not using their iron sights is. The models have the sights. It's pretty clear, in any case, that absolutely no thought was put into the hardcore options.

MegaMek on
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm still trying to figure out what the point of some guns not using their iron sights is. The models have the sights. It's pretty clear, in any case, that absolutely no thought was put into the hardcore options.

I played on an HC server tonight and while some of the perks were cool, IE dropping people fast, the cons outweighed them in my opinion. Plus, playing on a random server of douchebags doesn't help either.

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Maybe they didn't want to model the sights for either inaccurate or pin-point accurate weapons?

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Masume wrote: »

I played on an HC server tonight and while some of the perks were cool, IE dropping people fast, the cons outweighed them in my opinion. Plus, playing on a random server of douchebags doesn't help either.

I meant in regards to some weapons not using their iron sights. You can't aim those weapons in HC mode.

MegaMek on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    tofu wrote: »

I don't have much trouble at slugging people from good distance and I'm a terrible marksman... am I just lucky? I mean I've seen others nail people out of helicopters with them easily

override367 on
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    tofu wrote: »
    Do you even have slugs yet? Have you ever used them?

The crosshair changes. It's like saying the tracer dart is impossible to aim.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Masume wrote: »

I meant in regards to some weapons not using their iron sights. You can't aim those weapons in HC mode.

Ahh yeah, noticed that too. The mode did seem half assed.

Also, testing new sig for boobs. Testing, 1...2....3...

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Just unlocked the G36. Really loving that gun.

Or I would if the game decided to give me a fucking crosshair for it. :x

Suriko on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Aforementioned hardcore server?

You know the server browser would suck less if it would tell us if a server was hardcore or not first. I've said it before but I swear they're all run by admins who play snipers. Oh no not recon, that would imply they did stuff other than use their sniper rifle from 500000 miles away. No I mean snipers.

override367 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Suriko wrote: »

The MG36 LMG? I love that gun. I prefer it to the M60 becuse of the built-in sight.

MegaMek on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

The MG36 LMG? I love that gun. I prefer it to the M60 becuse of the built-in sight.

The problem is, said sight has no dot. Pretty useless, and it seems to extend to the red dot sight unlock too.

Suriko on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

The problem is, said sight has no dot. Pretty useless, and it seems to extend to the red dot sight unlock too.
    I've never had that problem, tho I've seen the dot stay on my crosshairs even when I'm not sighted in. It's just buggy, like everything else.

MegaMek on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The caliber of player in Squad Team Deathmatch seems to.. drop, a bit.

I had 37 of our team's kills, out of 50.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Had to be recons.

Warcry on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Warcry wrote: »
    Had to be recons.

There was a Recon who I watched shoot seven times with the Type 88 sniper, at a stationary target, no more than 50 feet away.

He missed every time.

The other two were assaults who even with 40mm launchers, couldn't get more than 4 kills a piece.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    IsidoreIsidore Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Warcry wrote: »
    Had to be recons.

There was a Recon who I watched shoot seven times with the Type 88 sniper, at a stationary target, no more than 50 feet away.

He missed every time.

The other two were assaults who even with 40mm launchers, couldn't get more than 4 kills a piece.

I laugh at this now but about a week ago I was literally that terrible at the game.

edit: my point is they'll learn some time. Plus pub squad deathmatch is a nightmare.

Isidore on
  • Options
    DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Usefull Noob trick.
    If you aint got the defib pads yet.
    Shoot an opposing medic and take his kit.
    Now you have defib pads.

Also if your medic goes down.
    Pick up his kit and revive him.

Edit: Another usefull Noob trick (not getting killed trick).
    Dont repair tans from the front or rear.

Dirtmuncher on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    so damn I finally played engineer enough and unlocked the cg, and it's pretty much a sniper rifle that fires a rocket

M.D. on
This discussion has been closed.