As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MICHAEL BAY ON]Bad Company 2: Carl Gustav is king!

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    so damn I finally played engineer enough and unlocked the cg, and it's pretty much a sniper rifle that fires a rocket

Yep.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'll never understand this fascination with Carl. RPG-7 for life.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • TheBanaTheBana Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Edit: Another usefull Noob trick (not getting killed trick).
    Dont repair tans from the front or rear.

I find this to be situational, in my experience players will stick their tanks back end facing towards a friendly spawn point or behind a bit of cover so I usually repair from the rear.

Depends where I feel safest, maybe there'll be a wall between the side of the tank and danger. Maybe he'll be right on the edge of the map.

Here's another trick, if you're terrible with a certain class look for a kit out on the field you're better at. Any point you get will count towards whatever class you started out as.

TheBana on
    Monster Hunter Tri - TheBana/FZVK6U; Skype - TheBana84;
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    MegaMek wrote: »
    I'll never understand this fascination with Carl. RPG-7 for life.

More splash against infantry, flatter trajectory, and a cooler sound when it fires/reloads.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, you use it to kill infantry. Thanks for helping the team there engineer.

I'm being facetious. Or not. I'm trying to point out the using the Carl is bad.

MegaMek on
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just unlocked the M95. Playing a sniping recon is now fun. This would have made unlocking everything so much less of a grind.

exis on
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    that and it travels about 3 times faster than the RPG

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Jokers GambleJokers Gamble Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My new favorite tactic for the Panama Canal map is to put on the Vehicles Electronics upgrade, strap 6 C4 to a quad and roll around as a mobile motion detector/ tank buster. Nothing funner than bailing off a quad, watching it hit a hill and fly over a tank, then detonating in mid-air

Jokers Gamble on
    edited March 2010
    My new favorite tactic for the Panama Canal map is to put on the Vehicles Electronics upgrade, strap 6 C4 to a quad and roll around as a mobile motion detector/ tank buster. Nothing funner than bailing off a quad, watching it hit a hill and fly over a tank, then detonating in mid-air

Another one of those Battlefield moments!

I had one earlier today; Squad Deathmatch on Arica Harbor. There's a Bradley in the middle of the map that you can take and get some kills with. There's plenty of buildings around it to fight in as well, so it's a good time. Anyways; I'm storming through these buildings with the trusty Saiga, killing a guy on the staircase to the second story and then knifing the Medic running to revive him as he runs past me. I hear the Bradley start up, and it's not my team in it. I rush to the rooftop and pull out the C4; I toss it off of the roof, and as two of them are in midair, the Bradley shoots at me and detonates the C4 in close enough proximity to both kill me and him. Luckily, his entire squad was in it. Multiple Kill!

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • SigtyrSigtyr Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Depends on the map.

If you're playing on some of the maps that have no heavy tanks then a Carl Gustav can do the amount of damage a regular RPG does to one, as long as you've got the increased explosion perk, which besides when most people use the Carl Gustav they're usually sporting that.

Now, if you were using it on Arica Harbour or Port Valdez, maps with heavy tanks, yeah you're not of much use.

They need to buff that third one the Engineers get. I'd use it but it just seems completely useless.

Sigtyr on
    edited March 2010
    Sigtyr wrote: »

Depends on the map.

If you're playing on some of the maps that have no heavy tanks then a Carl Gustav can do the amount of damage a regular RPG does to one, as long as you've got the increased explosion perk, which besides when most people use the Carl Gustav they're usually sporting that.

Now, if you were using it on Arica Harbour or Port Valdez, maps with heavy tanks, yeah you're not of much use.

They need to buff that third one the Engineers get. I'd use it but it just seems completely useless.

The AT4? It does 50% to 65% of an Abram's health if you hit on the sides/the back. The projectile is ludicrously slow, though.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited March 2010

Depends on the map.

The AT4? It does 50% to 65% of an Abram's health if you hit on the sides/the back. The projectile is ludicrously slow, though.

So does the RPG with the explosive perk. And it's faster.

Sigtyr on
    edited March 2010

Depends on the map.

If you're on an infantry map, you'll be more useful not being an engineer. But they're not completely useless I guess, so whatever.

And the AT-4? Eh, I dunno. It's advantage is that you can guide it, and I think it's about as strong as the CG. If they buffed it up to RPG levels it would probably be too good. Maybe make it faster and more maneuverable?

EDIT: Wait, how strong is the AT-4? I'm gonna have to test it again, I don't remember it doing that much more than the CG.

MegaMek on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Being the machine gunner in the Bradley is super rad.

PaperLuigi44 on
    edited March 2010
    I believe the AT-4 was built to take down choppers, what with it's laser guided system.

Crying shame it's too slow to take one down. You'd be better off trying to take one down with a CG.

Sigtyr on
    edited March 2010
    I believe the AT-4 was built to take down choppers, what with it's laser guided system.

Crying shame it's too slow to take one down. You'd be better off trying to take one down with a CG.

Pretty much this. I have better luck hitting choppers with the CG than the AT-4 simply because of the speed. There have been a few occasions where I've pegged the tail rotor of an Apache with the AT-4, but it barely connected.

Of course, anything that barely connects on a tail rotor of any heli is a mortal blow :!:

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited March 2010

Depends on the map.

If you're on an infantry map, you'll be more useful not being an engineer. But they're not completely useless I guess, so whatever.

And the AT-4? Eh, I dunno. It's advantage is that you can guide it, and I think it's about as strong as the CG. If they buffed it up to RPG levels it would probably be too good. Maybe make it faster and more maneuverable?

EDIT: Wait, how strong is the AT-4? I'm gonna have to test it again, I don't remember it doing that much more than the CG.

I wouldn't say they're exactly useless. Medic Squads? CG clears them out. Enemy Light Tank spotted? You can provide additional assistance taking it out, as long as you've got that explosive perk. Mounted MG's? Cakewalk. Sniper in the distance? Gone.

Sigtyr on
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

Depends on the map.

http://img35.imageshack.us/i/bfbc2game20100315173304.png/

Hold your shotgun close, defy this man.

Warcry on
  • IsidoreIsidore Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Warcry wrote: »

You can use the shotgun as any class though. The advantage of the engineer is it's anti-tank and repairs, not that it's more effective against infantry. That would be the point of assault and recon.

Isidore on
    edited March 2010

Depends on the map.

9% accuracy, fuck yeah.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited March 2010
    Isidore wrote: »

You can use the shotgun as any class though. The advantage of the engineer is it's anti-tank and repairs, not that it's more effective against infantry. That would be the point of assault and recon.

Who needs a shotgun when you've got the Carl Gustav? Hell, you can still take a shotgun and use the Carl Gustav. The best of both worlds.

Sigtyr on
    edited March 2010

I can't even see pictures at work. Can I assume that this one has anything to do with the current conversation?

MegaMek on
    edited March 2010

I can't even see pictures at work. Can I assume that this one has anything to do with the current conversation?

He got most of his kills as an Engineer with the NS2000 in one round, not the CG.
    Although apparently people don't like to shoot down Apaches where he plays, so quite a few are from that.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    edited March 2010
    So no. Although the NS2000 deserves every bit of praise it gets. Thing's a monster.

MegaMek on
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Okay, something is wrong here. In order to get kills, I always have to be able to shoot at someone who is either reloading or unaware of my location. If we see each other at the same time, I always die. It really feels like people need way less bullets to kill me than I need to kill them. I know it's not my reflexes, I always do pretty well in CSS.

Aim at the head/torso.

Burst fire.

DO NOT RELOAD.

Switch to your pistol or rocket launcher if your clip runs dry.

When all else fails, stab them in the fucking head.

Also, don't shoot from the hip. Always bring up your zoom. And I also tend to crouch, works well.

I've noticed I get a lot of we kill each other kills since bullets have actual travel time, which always makes me laugh.

DrunkMc on
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

He got most of his kills as an Engineer with the NS2000 in one round, not the CG.
    Although apparently people don't like to shoot down Apaches where he plays, so quite a few are from that.

It was on Arica Harbour. Those vehicle kills are from the T-90 with fast reload, camping behind the left side rocks on the first point as defenders.

Warcry on
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    DrunkMc wrote: »
    I've noticed I get a lot of we kill each other kills since bullets have actual travel time, which always makes me laugh.

Given the sheer amount of times I've had it happen, bullets must travel really damn slowly.

It raises an eyebrow every time.

Suriko on
    edited March 2010

It was on Arica Harbour. Those vehicle kills are from the T-90 with fast reload, camping behind the left side rocks on the first point as defenders.

So that's always fun.

Yeah, I get the "we killed each other what the fuck" deaths about 30% of my headon encounters, especially if they have a shotgun too. It's kinda bullshit to be honest.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Am I the only one that reacted on the number 2960? How the hell do you even find time to fire that many rockets in one round. The 9% accuracy is just bonus-shame here really.

Is this person on the forums, can we identify him and point and laugh?

[Edit] The Rockeneer I mean

Movitz on
    edited March 2010
    That isn't a Carl Gustav.

That's the NS2000. As a shotgun it fires several shots. It does look similar to a GC though.

Sigtyr on
  • MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    That isn't a Carl Gustav.

That's the NS2000. As a shotgun it fires several shots. It does look similar to a GC though.

Ah yes, it is. I just looked quickly as I'm at work.

Don't mind me, carry on.

Movitz on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    LavaKnight wrote: »
    SoaL wrote: »
    tad.png

worth at least 5 kicks

I think that's SoaL on tyrannus' skidoo.

That's SoaL on a whale.

The whale is Tyrannus.

Echo on
  • gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    busy weekend. I haven't killed anyone since Friday night.

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    so damn I finally played engineer enough and unlocked the cg, and it's pretty much a sniper rifle that fires a rocket

The Far Cry mercenaries would be proud.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010

Then again, Far Cry Dude wore a red hawaii shirt.

Echo on
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Echo wrote: »

Then again, Far Cry Dude wore a red hawaii shirt.

If you are going to be sniped from 2 klicks away by a rocket you might as well go down stylish.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Desrever, how the hell is your WL ratio 4.06.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
    edited March 2010
    Isn't that the guy who always switches to the winning team?

MegaMek on
  • Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Okay, fuck the campaign. Fuck it in hell forever. How the fuck am I supposed to kill two enemy havocs when a bunch of infantry are taking shots at me and there's no cover from the choppers raining shells down on me and my team just stands there doing fuck-all to help? This is beyond stupid.
    Single player isn't great, and that's a low point. The enemies just beforehand need to be taken out first, before you move up. Moving on to the hill spawns the chopper. When the area is clear, move up, have your scope out as you round the corner and take out the guy behind the boxes. Then try to use the fixed AT guns whilst cursing the bullshit game mechanics that mean choppers only focus on you.

Seriously, biggest pet peeve with squad shooters. I am not the only man that exists, stop acting like I am. Why is it always the helicopters that are worst about this?

edit: @ Mek: ahhh... Man, that's kind of lame.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh my god

Lucky RPG shot at the start of Velapriso, took down a fully loaded Blackhawk before even a single guy parachuted out.

Arrath on
This discussion has been closed.