As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Le Monstre du [Chat]

• JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    dyna I got some new starcraft maps for us. I don't know if I got anything over 4 players but still.

Yes but can you host games? Because clearly my map choosing skills are poor.

So true. Why don't you play the map before you choose a fucking island map.

RANDOM IS KING!

JustinSane07 on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Justin you know that's just gonna get you another infraction right?

deadonthestreet on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, edit that to say silly goose. Or better yet, remove it completely.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    Goddamn, I swear. We have the worst goddamn virtual desktop environment. Shit fucks up when DST hits.

Won't let you on/stay connected because time is different between systems?

Yep. So stupid. And it's extremely sensitive. If you're off by even a second, you're not fucking connecting.

I'm a Windows SysAdmin,

this explains soooooo much

What's that supposed to mean? :(

I'm very good at my job. I'm not good at a lot...

You've hurt my feelings a little bit.

Just kiddin with ya Ludius

sorry if I hurt your feelins

nexuscrawler on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    fuck it, i might order my tv today. i need to just pull the trigger or i'll just end up sticking with my 36" WEGA for another 10 years

Look at it this way: your new TV will probably use less power while giving you a bigger picture. Really you're saving money. (Buy an LCD - plasmas are not worth it in the long run).

except like, you don't know what you're talking about. and f power consumption, i want something that looks really good.

well, Plasmas do use more power but I think they have some pretty compelling advantages.

Dynagrip on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    I'm tired.

spring forward monday is the worst monday

skippydumptruck on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm tired.

Well besides rapeapalooza

Fencingsax on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    So Sweden just got one step closer to the right-ish parties just merging and forming [strike]Devastator[/strike] a Republican party.

Echo on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    shit, i need to go to best buy or something to look at these in person before i order one.

Dynagrip on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You guys get hammered by that storm Duna?

not really, I never lost power (that I know).

there were branches all over the place but everything was mostly cleared up by the time I had to go anywhere.

I heard some people did have trees fall through their houses but that's about it.

Dunadan019 on
    edited March 2010
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I'm tired.

Well besides rapeapalooza

I like rapeapalooza.

Dunadan019 on
    edited March 2010
    Starburns from community worked on mr show and Morel Orel

odd

nexuscrawler on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    fuck it, i might order my tv today. i need to just pull the trigger or i'll just end up sticking with my 36" WEGA for another 10 years

Look at it this way: your new TV will probably use less power while giving you a bigger picture. Really you're saving money. (Buy an LCD - plasmas are not worth it in the long run).

except like, you don't know what you're talking about. and f power consumption, i want something that looks really good.

well, Plasmas do use more power but I think they have some pretty compelling advantages.

Nothing I've seen from plasma's lately tells me they're worth it outside of the fact that they're getting dirt cheap due to it still being cheaper to keep making them then retool a factory for an LCD (and LCD's are pretty damn cheap now).

Modern LCD's look great, don't suffer from image burn-in (still an issue with all the anamorphic content scaled to 16:9 that's out there, plus video gaming) and use like 100W vs 600W.

electricitylikesme on
    edited March 2010
    My basement is flooded from all the rain. The sump pump is going non-stop.

I guess this is what happens when you have a dirt basement. The water is coming up through the ground.

JustinSane07 on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think I'm lactose intolerant now.

Oh well. I'll never give up dairy. I'll just need to start scheduling more bathroom time

Ludious on
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I just cannot get the hang of BFBC2's multiplayer. I went 2 and 11 on Saturday afternoon (knifed 2 people), Sunday I didn't even get a kill.

I shoot. I get a hit marker, but no one fucking dies. Then they just turn around and put 3 rounds into me, and I go down like a sack of ... something heavy. Godfuckingdamnit this pisses me off. :x

FAHK!

iTunesIsEvil on
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Starburns from community worked on mr show and Morel Orel

odd

he didnt just work on moral orel, he was the creator, dino stanatopoulous (yeah i probably fucked his last name up)

I've met him before, nice guy.

Jokerman on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't like Morel Orel, it's boorish and unsophisticated. Like most of adult swim.

Ludious on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Fuck, it's weird to have a thread of yours from way back bumped. I'm not usually that strident in my views.

Wooo, I actually have a plan for my dissertation now. Just need to lock myself in cambridge library for the next month. Christ I have a lot of work ahead, got a real ego boost though, I was all 'So you reckon I can pull out a 2:1' and tutor went "most people have been working on this for months now, but there's not many like you".

Leitner on
    edited March 2010

Oh well. I'll never give up dairy. I'll just need to start scheduling more bathroom time

Lactose free milk.

electricitylikesme on
    edited March 2010
    SPOKANE, Wash. – A fraud bust, indeed: Spokane County sheriff's deputies said a woman was hiding nearly $26,000 in her bra when she was booked into jail for investigation of theft. Lukeisha A. Harris was one of three Seattle-area residents arrested Friday as part of an alleged fraud ring. Deputies said they used phony Oregon driver's licenses and counterfeit credit cards to obtain cash advances from Spokane banks.

Sheriff's spokesman Dave Reagan said the three were arrested after a worker at one bank reported that they tried to obtain money using a stolen credit card. The investigators followed the ring to two other banks before making the bust.

Reagan said that during a search at the Spokane County Jail, guards found that the 24-year-old Harris — who is 6 feet tall and 400 pounds — had the cash hidden in her bra, along with bank receipts.

oh my, those poor poor cops....

Dunadan019 on
    edited March 2010

Nothing I've seen from plasma's lately tells me they're worth it outside of the fact that they're getting dirt cheap due to it still being cheaper to keep making them then retool a factory for an LCD (and LCD's are pretty damn cheap now).

Modern LCD's look great, don't suffer from image burn-in (still an issue with all the anamorphic content scaled to 16:9 that's out there, plus video gaming) and use like 100W vs 600W.
    everything I've read says that burn-in isn't an issue these days and that plasmas are still far superior for motion and contrast.

Dynagrip on
    edited March 2010
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/15/technology/15iht-piracy15.html

if you drive your car to the store and steal a can of Pringles or a handbag

we will take away your car!

skippydumptruck on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

everything I've read says that burn-in isn't an issue these days and that plasmas are still far superior for motion and contrast.

It's not a major issue.
    There is some minor temporary burn in, but it goes away pretty quickly.
    You should get an LED tv though.

Cinders on
    edited March 2010
    skippydumptruck on
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't like Morel Orel, it's boorish and unsophisticated. Like most of adult swim.

fucking goose.

Jokerman on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I will supply this entire country with pitchforks and torches if it means getting rid of flash.

Actually I don't feel that strongly about it, but I sure won't miss it when it's gone.

Bama on
    edited March 2010
    Jokerman wrote: »

fucking goose.

Because I don't go in for the beat you over the head unfunny stoner comedy that is adult swim?

Ludious on
    edited March 2010

It's really only something you can tell by looking at them I suppose. The LCDs I've seen though look great, but that 500W difference in power consumption - over the life of the screen (figure 5 years) adds up to enough money to buy a brand new one by the time I'd replace it (given about 4 hours on time per day).

electricitylikesme on
    edited March 2010
    Are you really trying to encourage an American to sacrifice any quality in entertainment for the sake of energy efficiency?

Bama on
    edited March 2010
    Also wikipedia isn't filling me with confidence that screen burn-in wouldn't be an issue if you received a lot of 4:3 formatted content or the like (I suppose less of a problem these days compared to when we first got a plasma). I don't see how pixel shifting can correct for large-ish static screen areas.

electricitylikesme on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Take Lactaid, or any of those dairy-intolerance pills. A friend of mine loves cheese but is extremely lactose intolerant, and the pills make it so he can have cheese.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited March 2010
    I'm going to make this perfectly clear.

LCD vs. Plasma is a worthless argument.

Buy the TV with the size and inputs you want.

JustinSane07 on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Vegetable soup with potatoes and tomatoes on the stove!

Echo on
    edited March 2010
    I'm going to make this perfectly clear.

LCD vs. Plasma is a worthless argument.

Buy the TV with the size and inputs you want.
    there are ambiguities in your algorithm

Bama on
    edited March 2010
    You're an ambiguity.

JustinSane07 on
    edited March 2010
    bama you'd be proud

the other day i made about 30 minutes of civil war general puns

nexuscrawler on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Take Lactaid, or any of those dairy-intolerance pills. A friend of mine loves cheese but is extremely lactose intolerant, and the pills make it so he can have cheese.
    Over time, you can build up more of a tolerance if you don't take those pills.

If you do take those pills, they just cause your body to produce less of the chemicals you need to digest dairy, which just makes you more intolerant.

Thanatos on
    edited March 2010

I've tried those - they seem very hit and miss.

electricitylikesme on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Today is day 2 of the diet for the prewife and I. I'm on a mission to lose at least 50 pounds, but would love 60+. She wants to lose 40.

This'll be fun.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.