As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Le Monstre du [Chat]

• Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The atheists at rationalskepticism.org are dumber than the Christians at Crosswalk, but the Christians at Crosswalk are more dishonest.

(by and large)

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    so what the hell is going on in thailand

have we got a thread for this

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Hakkekage wrote: »

What are they up to now?

You know, besides child prostitution.

JustinSane07 on
    edited March 2010

It looks like a pending coup or something like that.

But that's nothing unusual, it's Thailand!

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    bama you'd be proud

the other day i made about 30 minutes of civil war general puns
    That's a lot of puns. :^:

Bama on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

What are they up to now?

they've been protesting in Bangkok for what has seemed like several days

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    bama you'd be proud

the other day i made about 30 minutes of civil war general puns
    That's a lot of puns. :^:

You know what they say

The road of puns is a Longstreet

nexuscrawler on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    We also have no thread on Mexico and it's clusterfuck

nexuscrawler on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    I think I'm lactose intolerant now.

Oh well. I'll never give up dairy. I'll just need to start scheduling more bathroom time
    Take Lactaid, or any of those dairy-intolerance pills. A friend of mine loves cheese but is extremely lactose intolerant, and the pills make it so he can have cheese.
    Over time, you can build up more of a tolerance if you don't take those pills.

If you do take those pills, they just cause your body to produce less of the chemicals you need to digest dairy, which just makes you more intolerant.

This is on shaky footing at best. Lactase production in the gut does not seem to be influenced by the presence or absence of lactose in the diet. The only thing you can do is condition your gut fauna to break down lactose more efficiently, but that's basically what lactose intolerance is anyway: you don't break it down, your gut fauna does and there's a temporary population explosion as they pig out on the surplus of food they're getting.

EDIT: It also doesn't fit say, my experience, where I realized that the reason I was getting intestinal bloating and all the associated fun was because every morning I'd have cereal with a lot of milk. This is not an uncommon problem - it usually hits around age 18-19 for people.

electricitylikesme on
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    I think I'm lactose intolerant now.

Oh well. I'll never give up dairy. I'll just need to start scheduling more bathroom time
    Take Lactaid, or any of those dairy-intolerance pills. A friend of mine loves cheese but is extremely lactose intolerant, and the pills make it so he can have cheese.
    Over time, you can build up more of a tolerance if you don't take those pills.

If you do take those pills, they just cause your body to produce less of the chemicals you need to digest dairy, which just makes you more intolerant.

Of you could take the pills and skip the terrible "adjustment" phase. You know, unless society collapses.

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    edited March 2010

What are they up to now?

It took me a specific search for "Thailand coup" to find anything about it.

I can't say I care what happens to that haven for pedos.

JustinSane07 on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Today is day 2 of the diet for the prewife and I. I'm on a mission to lose at least 50 pounds, but would love 60+. She wants to lose 40.

This'll be fun.

Hell yeah. What's your exercise routine looking like?

TL DR on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

What are they up to now?

JustinSane: only slightly less thoughtful than a glue-huffing teenager

TL DR on
    edited March 2010

What are they up to now?

JustinSane: only slightly less thoughtful than a glue-huffing teenager

Slightly? This is twice now you've hurt me, Tim.

On the other hand, I do care about how fucked Mexico is.

JustinSane07 on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Dunadan019 on
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't know whether it is from working at Comcast or living in Florida but I think I'm going insane.

DeShadowC on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Today is day 2 of the diet for the prewife and I. I'm on a mission to lose at least 50 pounds, but would love 60+. She wants to lose 40.

This'll be fun.

As of right now, nothing. She doesn't have time to during the week and I don't like working out alone.

Last time I did this diet I lost 50 pounds and didn't work out at all. I'm not too worried this time, but I would like to work out.

I'll think of something. Right now I'm focusing on eating better.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

This'll be fun.

As of right now, nothing. She doesn't have time to during the week and I don't like working out alone.

Last time I did this diet I lost 50 pounds and didn't work out at all. I'm not too worried this time, but I would like to work out.

How long did it take you to lose the weight?

DeShadowC on
    edited March 2010
    This frustrates me. I'm in a vortex of dumb and I think I need to disembark.
    Agrippina wrote:
    Atheism, again, etymologically, popularly is specific to gods. I have no idea why anyone would want to make the word worth less via inflating its definition in a way that makes it more confusing and less specific.

Because when people talk about belief, they are not referring to the belief in anything other than something theistic. People don''t say "do you believe in homeopathy" unless they already know that you don't believe in god. So you use the word atheist, meaning that you don't believe in any theism and it thereby implies anything that has some sort of dogma attached to it.

Do you know people who don't believe in god but do believe in astrology, homeopathy and other woo? If so then they are not really atheists they are merely "a-deists." Unfortunately the word isn't accepted or found in any dictionaries but it ought to be there because a non-belief in gods but a belief in other woo doesn't make you an atheist, because all the other woo carries its own forms of theism. Well in my opinion anyway, and I'm sure a lot of people will agree with me on that.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Agrippina wrote:
    Atheism, again, etymologically, popularly is specific to gods. I have no idea why anyone would want to make the word worth less via inflating its definition in a way that makes it more confusing and less specific.

Because when people talk about belief, they are not referring to the belief in anything other than something theistic. People don''t say "do you believe in homeopathy" unless they already know that you don't believe in god. So you use the word atheist, meaning that you don't believe in any theism and it thereby implies anything that has some sort of dogma attached to it.

Do you know people who don't believe in god but do believe in astrology, homeopathy and other woo? If so then they are not really atheists they are merely "a-deists." Unfortunately the word isn't accepted or found in any dictionaries but it ought to be there because a non-belief in gods but a belief in other woo doesn't make you an atheist, because all the other woo carries its own forms of theism. Well in my opinion anyway, and I'm sure a lot of people will agree with me on that.

ow

Silas Brown on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Delicious soup.

Echo on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Agrippina wrote:

ow

...What?

Cinders on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    DeShadowC wrote: »

This'll be fun.

How long did it take you to lose the weight?

About 4 1/2 months. Went from 240 - 190. And now since I got a girlfriend and engaged, I stopped eating healthy cause you can't date someone and eat healthy, and I gained it all back. :(

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2010
    You can't just make up your own goddamn definitions of words. I mean, you can, but it's stupid and you're just going to sound incoherent to everyone else.

I wish there was a pithy way to say this, but it wouldn't help even if there were.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You can't just make up your own goddamn definitions of words. I mean, you can, but it's stupid and you're just going to sound incoherent to everyone else.

I wish there was a pithy way to say this, but it wouldn't help even if there were.

Podly signal.... activated!

Dunadan019 on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ugh. Attempts to sleep last night went a little too well.

Quid on
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    staten island's in pieces after that storm this weekend

hundred-year old trees ripped up by their roots, basements up to the top of the stairs in water

one house on todt hill was cut practically in half

on the other hand, it's staten island, so aside from the damage to my grandpa's backyard i can't care very much

Rust on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh nedroid!

Inquisitor on
    edited March 2010

Yeah, and then when you point out that someone is failing to convey their point, they're just like "hey, man, I'm not here to hold hands."

Silas Brown on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Agrippina wrote:

What the what

Senjutsu on
    edited March 2010
    I don't know if Pods would help or hurt this situation.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is that from xwalk Loren?

Quid on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

The uncromulence of his argument has embiggened my headache

Senjutsu on
    edited March 2010

This'll be fun.

Kudos on changing your diet, but you'll really get much better results if you can take 20 minutes out of your day 3-4 times a week for exercise.

And really a diet isn't something you should do temporarily and then return to your gluttonous ways. Find a way of eating that's sustainable.

TL DR on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't know if Pods would help or hurt this situation.

He's like some kind of incalculable force of nature. It's like when you bring in your beserker all chained up to the fight because you know that when you let him go he's not necessarily only going to be killing the enemy troops.

Winky on
    edited March 2010
    Quid wrote: »

it's from rationalskepticism.org, the forum that rose from the ashes of Richard Dawkins' site's forum after he closed it on account of there being too many assholes.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    Delicious soup.

What veggies did you use?

TL DR on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

it's from rationalskepticism.org, the forum that rose from the ashes of Richard Dawkins' site's forum after he closed it on account of there being too many assholes.

A shame, that.

Maybe I'll make my own forum for atheists and skeptics. That'd be nice.

Winky on
    edited March 2010

My brother can never be allowed to find this site.

Silas Brown on
    edited March 2010
    So what, he closed it down on account of himself then?

JustinSane07 on
This discussion has been closed.