As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Le Monstre du [Chat]

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Whats up chat?

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Today is day 2 of the diet for the prewife and I. I'm on a mission to lose at least 50 pounds, but would love 60+. She wants to lose 40.

This'll be fun.

Hell yeah. What's your exercise routine looking like?

As of right now, nothing. She doesn't have time to during the week and I don't like working out alone.

Last time I did this diet I lost 50 pounds and didn't work out at all. I'm not too worried this time, but I would like to work out.

I'll think of something. Right now I'm focusing on eating better.

Kudos on changing your diet, but you'll really get much better results if you can take 20 minutes out of your day 3-4 times a week for exercise.

And really a diet isn't something you should do temporarily and then return to your gluttonous ways. Find a way of eating that's sustainable.

How bad would it be to temporarily lower my calories to 1500 a day. I currently do 2k a day with working out 1 hour a day 6 days a week, but I'm wanting to speed up the start up process. Plus working in a call center I think I'm getting more calories then I actually need.

DeShadowC on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The God Delusion was a good read.

TL DR on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ugh. Still sick. Let the girl take care of me this weekend. She means well, but I really am a terrible pain in the ass when I'm sick.

Thomamelas on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So what, he closed it down on account of himself then?

Dawkins is the most pleasant, reasonable man. I have absolutely no idea where he gets this public image.

Winky on
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    it's getting kind of amusing to see people flipping out over the new alice in wonderland movie on the grounds that it's not faithful to the original versions

alice is like sherlock holmes, endlessly open to redefinition

the act of redefining isn't bad in this case

of course if you have issues with burton's aesthetic then that's another, much more understandable kettle of fish

Rust on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    Today is day 2 of the diet for the prewife and I. I'm on a mission to lose at least 50 pounds, but would love 60+. She wants to lose 40.

This'll be fun.

As of right now, nothing. She doesn't have time to during the week and I don't like working out alone.

Last time I did this diet I lost 50 pounds and didn't work out at all. I'm not too worried this time, but I would like to work out.

Kudos on changing your diet, but you'll really get much better results if you can take 20 minutes out of your day 3-4 times a week for exercise.

And really a diet isn't something you should do temporarily and then return to your gluttonous ways. Find a way of eating that's sustainable.

How bad would it be to temporarily lower my calories to 1500 a day. I currently do 2k a day with working out 1 hour a day 6 days a week, but I'm wanting to speed up the start up process. Plus working in a call center I think I'm getting more calories then I actually need.

I'm not a doctor, but that sounds unnecessary. Want to give me some background on your shape, diet, and exercise?

TL DR on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Winky wrote: »

Dawkins is the most pleasant, reasonable man. I have absolutely no idea where he gets this public image.

I wasn't here yesterday, how'd the date go?

and Dawkins is very easy to hate. He might maintain a pleasant candor (is that the right word?) but the words themselves are pretty pompous.

JustinSane07 on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Rust wrote: »
    it's getting kind of amusing to see people flipping out over the new alice in wonderland movie on the grounds that it's not faithful to the original versions

of course if you have issues with burton's aesthetic then that's another, much more understandable kettle of fish

I read somewhere that the 3d was kind of crap. I'm still looking forward to renting the bluray whenever it comes out.

firewaterword on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    scfiua.jpg

skippydumptruck on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Aw poor Flash.

Quid on
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    Delicious soup.

What veggies did you use?

The grocery store had a little package with a couple of carrots, four inches of leek, some parsnip and celery root. Chopped that up together with some potatoes, let it fry in olive oil for a few minutes before I added water, meat broth and a can of crushed tomatoes.

Echo on
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010

I read somewhere that the 3d was kind of crap. I'm still looking forward to renting the bluray whenever it comes out.

i've read and heard personally that the 3d wasn't really that good, yeah

it's not too surprising, only a few movies have actually taken advantage of it

Rust on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    Skippy that's a nice picture.

Bogart on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm not a doctor, but that sounds unnecessary. Want to give me some background on your shape, diet, and exercise?
    That's a fucking huge cut to your intake. 25% of your daily calories is tremendous.

Dropping it to 1800 should be fine (assuming you're an average-to-big-sized dude in your 20s-30s), and is unlikely to cause nearly the level of muscle loss that dropping to 1500 would.

You're not actually trying to lose weight in most cases; you're trying to lose fat.

Thanatos on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    my father is such a piece of shit

he calls me "you're stopping by to move more of your stuff tonight, right?"

"yeah, it should be around 5:15"

"okay well try not to make a lot of noise"

apparently he'll be sleeping all day because he's a fucking jerkoff who can't manage to go a week without spending an entire night in AC and risking putting his daughter on the street

Organichu on
    edited March 2010
    i've read and heard personally that the 3d wasn't really that good, yeah

it's not too surprising, only a few movies have actually taken advantage of it
    To be fair, Burton hadn't seen Avatar when he was making that movie.

Thanatos on
    edited March 2010

This'll be fun.

I'm 6'0 at 250 pounds. I do almost no physical activities especially since I sit for a living. I need to drop below 200 pound or 23% body fat so I can join the navy and get out of this job. I started a diet/exercise program last week. Around 2k calories, high protien and fiber diet. Work out at the gym for an hour a day 6 days a week. 20 minutes on an eliptical then 40 minutes doing weights. Alternating between lower and upper body each day on the weights.

DeShadowC on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Wait, did we have the time change?

Thomamelas on
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

His dickbag followers.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Yes. Yesterday.

Inquisitor on
    edited March 2010

His dickbag followers.

Same problem as Jesus, then.

Echo on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

This'll be fun.

What do you propose as a good 20 minute work out that one can do in the comfort of their own home?

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm 6'0 at 250 pounds. I do almost no physical activities especially since I sit for a living. I need to drop below 200 pound or 23% body fat so I can join the navy and get out of this job. I started a diet/exercise program last week. Around 2k calories, high protien and fiber diet. Work out at the gym for an hour a day 6 days a week. 20 minutes on an eliptical then 40 minutes doing weights. Alternating between lower and upper body each day on the weights.

if you're working out an hour a day, 6 days a week

I suspect you will see results pretty quickly anyway

I mean, it's going to take a while to lose 50-60lbs; maybe a year?

but I bet you'll start to notice a change within a month

skippydumptruck on
    edited March 2010
    I really have to say that the more I hear from the Christians in this country, the more I support the efforts of atheists like Dawkins.

We're losing a culture war right now that was declared by the Christian Right decades ago because we haven't even fielded an army, out of a sense of "tolerance" or "acceptance" or some hippie bullshit like that.

And don't get me wrong, "tolerance" and "acceptance" totally have their places, but we really shouldn't be tolerant of the intolerant, or accepting of the unacceptable.

Thanatos on
    edited March 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Yes. Yesterday.

God damn it. This wasn't a good fucking weekend.

Thomamelas on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Organ your family sounds like it'd make a terrible sitcom

nexuscrawler on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I really have to say that the more I hear from the Christians in this country, the more I support the efforts of atheists like Dawkins.

We're losing a culture war right now that was declared by the Christian Right decades ago because we haven't even fielded an army, out of a sense of "tolerance" or "acceptance" or some hippie bullshit like that.

And don't get me wrong, "tolerance" and "acceptance" totally have their places, but we really shouldn't be tolerant of the intolerant, or accepting of the unacceptable.

But we could be an army of lovers than.

Cinders on
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    You can't just make up your own goddamn definitions of words. I mean, you can, but it's stupid and you're just going to sound incoherent to everyone else.

I wish there was a pithy way to say this, but it wouldn't help even if there were.

The uncromulence of his argument has embiggened my headache

Saving that one for later.

<3

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I want to seduce all the Christians.

Silas Brown on
    edited March 2010
    If you're a naturally big guy, the body fat percentage change is going to be way easier to pull off than dropping below 200 pounds.

And assuming weightlifting is part of that regime, you can maintain the same weight and still be making progress towards your goal. It's possible that the mirror is going to be a much better way for you to judge your progress than the scale.

Thanatos on
  • NostregarNostregar Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey guys.

I am awake now.

That's pretty much all I'm going to achieve today!

Nostregar on
    edited March 2010
    Cinders wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG0vIiwWGGo

Echo on
    edited March 2010

if you're working out an hour a day, 6 days a week

I suspect you will see results pretty quickly anyway

I mean, it's going to take a while to lose 50-60lbs; maybe a year?

but I bet you'll start to notice a change within a month

I'm hoping to get it in 6 months. I need to drop it quickly enough so I can go through MEPs and spend my DEPs time getting into shape.

DeShadowC on
    edited March 2010
    I think the only new 3D thing I've seen so far was UP, and it was pretty cool. Definitely subtle, which I like.

firewaterword on
    edited March 2010
    6 months is a very reasonable time frame

might be sooner than that, if you're consistent

Organichu on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    ugh, the worst part about the threads that are letters to Gabe and Tycho is that they are almost always petty stupid complaints.

Silas Brown on
    edited March 2010
    Cinders wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »

If you're suggesting we fuck them to death, I can probably get behind that.
    Heh heh... "behind..." heheheh. :winky:

Thanatos on
    edited March 2010
    t gabe and t tycho

more tits in comic por favor

yours,
    chu

Organichu on
This discussion has been closed.