As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Le Monstre du [Chat]

• BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bama, that's not an accomplishment. Anyone can do that.
    How can you be sure? I'm pretty sure nobody has ever tried to cut glass with my nipples.

Bama on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Feral, your sig looks like a unicorn is standing on his hind legs and peeing rainbows. And it apparently feels deliriously good.

:winky:

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    How can you be sure? I'm pretty sure nobody has ever tried to cut glass with my nipples.

I came over and tried while you were asleep one night.

it didn't work.

:(

I really wanted to finish that stained glass window too....

Dunadan019 on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    These medical statements always make me go "Wait, this is me they're referring to?"

Echo on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

You were sleeping.

Your nipples.

They cut.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    gonna have to change the locks

Bama on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    pods are you gonna come be awesome on the 2nd?

nexuscrawler on
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Podly, what is your take on this:
    Agrippina wrote:
    Atheism, again, etymologically, popularly is specific to gods. I have no idea why anyone would want to make the word worth less via inflating its definition in a way that makes it more confusing and less specific.

Because when people talk about belief, they are not referring to the belief in anything other than something theistic. People don''t say "do you believe in homeopathy" unless they already know that you don't believe in god. So you use the word atheist, meaning that you don't believe in any theism and it thereby implies anything that has some sort of dogma attached to it.

Do you know people who don't believe in god but do believe in astrology, homeopathy and other woo? If so then they are not really atheists they are merely "a-deists." Unfortunately the word isn't accepted or found in any dictionaries but it ought to be there because a non-belief in gods but a belief in other woo doesn't make you an atheist, because all the other woo carries its own forms of theism. Well in my opinion anyway, and I'm sure a lot of people will agree with me on that.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I wouldn't bother. We used the windows.

Thomamelas on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    For those of you that missed it last night:

A Volkswagen Bus exploded outside of my apartment last night. Not, like, a huge explosion, but loud enough that I heard it, saw the orange burst, and ran to my window to see the flames shooting out the engine compartment in the back.

Meth head get careless?

That was my comment when he mentioned it yesterday. H5

TL DR on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So sick of muslims getting offended.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

locks mean nothing to totheark D:

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nostregar wrote: »

A Volkswagen Bus exploded outside of my apartment last night. Not, like, a huge explosion, but loud enough that I heard it, saw the orange burst, and ran to my window to see the flames shooting out the engine compartment in the back.
    Did you pictures of the burning bus?

Please say yes.
    It was about ten feet below my apartment window. I figured that rather than taking pictures, maybe I should call 911 and grab a fire extinguisher. I know, very irrational in this age of the internet and all. However, standing next to a window ten feet from a flaming van didn't seem like the smartest thing to be doing at the time.

And no, no meth lab, just really poor upkeep.

Thanatos on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm walking 30 mins a day, every day. Right now I seem to be stuck at 2.7mph with a 2% incline which winds up being 1.35miles for the time I walk. I can't seem to get higher than that without collapsing. So I'll stick at that for a while.

My problem is people tell me I'm looking good but I have only lost the 10lbs I initially lost. But everything I've read online says that you can't gain muscle from walking. So how am I looking better but not losing any the past week, if I can't gain muscle from walking?

Ludious on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    I really have to say that the more I hear from the Christians in this country, the more I support the efforts of atheists like Dawkins.

We're losing a culture war right now that was declared by the Christian Right decades ago because we haven't even fielded an army, out of a sense of "tolerance" or "acceptance" or some hippie bullshit like that.

And don't get me wrong, "tolerance" and "acceptance" totally have their places, but we really shouldn't be tolerant of the intolerant, or accepting of the unacceptable.
    Maybe publishing a book where the title calls a deepset fundamental belief of the majority of the population a "delusion" wasn't the best PR move.
    For him personally, maybe not. But it widens the field of acceptable things to say.
    Yeah, and I certainly don't hear Christians hesitating to say much worse things about atheism.

So, if they don't like it, fuck 'em.

Hey, there are some liberals who compared Bush to Hitler. That makes it totally okay for conservatives to compare Obama to Hitler!

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    So sick of muslims getting offended.

Brb declarin' fatwa on Norway

TL DR on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Meth head get careless?

That was my comment when he mentioned it yesterday. H5

My first thought was wondering, how do you make weed explode, then it was a short jump to meth.

Thomamelas on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Wait, Than called the cops for help?

This explains Haiti and Chile.

JustinSane07 on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    sweet mother of fuck it's cold in here

I could cut glass with my nipples

I know!

I got in my car this morning and it was 44F

brrrr

skippydumptruck on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

ugh

Silas Brown on
    edited March 2010

Please say yes.
    It was about ten feet below my apartment window. I figured that rather than taking pictures, maybe I should call 911 and grab a fire extinguisher. I know, very irrational in this age of the internet and all. However, standing next to a window ten feet from a flaming van didn't seem like the smartest thing to be doing at the time.

How did poor upkeep make the van explode? Cars don't normally go boom unless you're being epically stupid.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2010
    So I've been having trouble with my mail since moving into my new place. I'd shipped a laptop power jack for a client, and it never arrived even though UPS tracking said it had, several days ago. Since it's already been forever, I ordered another one this morning UPS next-day and have been bummed all day about essentially pissing away $30.

My landlord just emailed me to say that the part is at his place. Joy

TL DR on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    pods are you gonna come be awesome on the 2nd?

Gonna be working. Sorry dude.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I know!

brrrr

I could warm you up

by lighting you on fire

nexuscrawler on
    edited March 2010

Actually, I called the fire department.

I probably could have walked over there more quickly, though. They patched me through to three different operators.

Thanatos on
    edited March 2010
    speaking of mail

I hate UPS

and it gives me a perverse pleasure that they are shipping me my cast iron cookware for free

skippydumptruck on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010

ugh

Don't you ugh me. That joke was gold!

And you never did answer me about what they changed in the third panel.

JustinSane07 on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    speaking of mail

I hate UPS

and it gives me a perverse pleasure that they are shipping me my cast iron cookware for free

Everyone hates UPS.

James on
    edited March 2010

I know!

brrrr

I could warm you up

by lighting you on fire

don't worry it should be 72F by this afternoon

skippydumptruck on
  • NostregarNostregar Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Please say yes.

Oh.

I assumed that somebody had been doing something to it which caused it to explode. Thus, other people were around to take care of the problem.

Apparently not, so good call.

Nostregar on
    edited March 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Yeah, and I certainly don't hear Christians hesitating to say much worse things about atheism.

So, if they don't like it, fuck 'em.
    Hey, there are some liberals who compared Bush to Hitler. That makes it totally okay for conservatives to compare Obama to Hitler!
    Yes, but most people think those liberals are fucking idiots, and are vocal about it.

Everyone pretty much stay quiet when the Christian retard crew starts spouting off.

Thanatos on
    edited March 2010
    James wrote: »
    speaking of mail

I hate UPS

Everyone hates UPS.

I've generally found them pretty easy to deal with. Compared to Fex-ex Ground, UPS is a bunch of Gods.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2010
    Agrippina wrote:
    Atheism, again, etymologically, popularly is specific to gods. I have no idea why anyone would want to make the word worth less via inflating its definition in a way that makes it more confusing and less specific.

Because when people talk about belief, they are not referring to the belief in anything other than something theistic. People don''t say "do you believe in homeopathy" unless they already know that you don't believe in god. So you use the word atheist, meaning that you don't believe in any theism and it thereby implies anything that has some sort of dogma attached to it.

Do you know people who don't believe in god but do believe in astrology, homeopathy and other woo? If so then they are not really atheists they are merely "a-deists." Unfortunately the word isn't accepted or found in any dictionaries but it ought to be there because a non-belief in gods but a belief in other woo doesn't make you an atheist, because all the other woo carries its own forms of theism. Well in my opinion anyway, and I'm sure a lot of people will agree with me on that.

I like differentiating between atheists who are skeptics from people who merely hold the belief "God does not exist", but a) technically speaking, both are atheists -- atheist does not mean "Smartest dude in the room", and b) adeist would be a stupid term, both because it makes no sense what distinguishes an atheist from an adeist, and also because an alpha primitive is greek, so it would be stupid to use it on a latinate term.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited March 2010

ugh

Don't you ugh me. That joke was gold!

And you never did answer me about what they changed in the third panel.

In the original version, there was no text in the third panel. Just Tycho looking on in silent awe while Gabe looks like he's about to puke or go insane.

Silas Brown on
    edited March 2010
    How is calling the belief in god a delusion so crazy offensive?

It's like calling atheism sinful

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited March 2010

Oh.

I assumed that somebody had been doing something to it which caused it to explode. Thus, other people were around to take care of the problem.

Apparently not, so good call.
    It was just driving down the road, and they pulled over right in front of my apartment. And by the time I got out there, someone else had pulled over with a fire extinguisher and put it out.

Thanatos on
    edited March 2010
    Atheism is like, so bad, and stuff!

James on
    edited March 2010
    speaking of mail

I hate UPS

Everyone hates UPS.

I've generally found them pretty easy to deal with. Compared to Fex-ex Ground, UPS is a bunch of Gods.

I pretty much hate all American mail/shipping companies.

James on
    edited March 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    Agrippina wrote:

I like differentiating between atheists who are skeptics from people who merely hold the belief "God does not exist", but a) technically speaking, both are atheists -- atheists does not mean "Smartest dude in the room", and b) adeist would be a stupid term, both because it makes no sense what distinguishes an atheist from an adeist, and also because an alpha primitive is greek, so it would be stupid to use it on a latinate term.

God, sometimes I love you so much.

Silas Brown on
    edited March 2010
    Atheism is like, so bad, and stuff!

oh yeah?

christianity is like, wrong

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.