As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad Company 2: Boring Title

• IsidoreIsidore Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    DJ Cam Cam wrote: »
    I think the last three times I have tried to fly the UAV it slid on the ground for 5 feet then exploded. I then run away in embarrassment. I don't even attempt to get in the pilot seat of the big helicopters....

Be glad you didn't play BF Vietnam. The helicopters on that game...

On the bright side I'm a pretty good pilot now provided I'm not having to use the Russian one, which has a whitewashed cockpit because of the goddamn bloom.

Isidore on
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    I don't think I could give up Motion Sensors for ammo crates. Plus, Shotgun Wookie > boring old soldier guy

less talk, more finding a way to make the uav and helicopters use the same flight inversion setting.

Morkath on
  • SigtyrSigtyr Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is it just me, or is Roadkilling enemies completely spotty?

Of course, it's not spotty when they try to run over me, they ALWAYS get me. I had to back over a medic about 10 feet in an abram before it gave me the roadkill.

Sigtyr on
  • Xeno idXeno id Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Helicopters are giant douche magnets. I swear the most INEPT people will camp the fucking helicopters and then indescribably crash them 5 seconds after they spawn.

I'm just glad my squad always lets me be the pilot.

Just last night on Port Valdez we(attackers) had an issue with a pesky helicopter. He'd do the usual fly back to the last base and repair number. So I ran all the way back to the last base and waited it out. He came flying back expectantly and started to repair it with his buddy.

They jumped in and I sniped the driver out of the fucker and it fell 5 feet back to the ground. Then I sniped thew idiot gunner who was sitting in it like a bump on a log. I jacked it (Fully healed now mind you) and proceeded to wreak bloody havoc on the defenders till we crushed them.

Good times.

Xeno id on
    f52ff.png
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    i wish the helicopters controlled the same as they did in desertcombat/vietnam/battlefield2

why did they change it my brain is used to that way

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • ShiflettShiflett Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    dougly wrote: »
    DJ Cam Cam wrote: »
    a good 10 more accidentally hitting e instead of r, prompting me to leave the vehicle control hut and blowing up the vehicle in front of me.

Oh good, it's not just me doing this then! :P

Shiflett on
  • Lt. FraggLt. Fragg Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This game certainly can make you want to throw things, but it's just so good overall it makes me feel all warm and squishy. I haven't gotten many hours in the game yet, due to the server issues and real life, but finally sat down to play this weekend a significant amount and got to experience a few moments that make you go "YES I LOVE THIS"

Moment 1- Playing Arica Harbour on defense, we were withdrawing after finally losing the first points. I was an engineer and began laying mines in the town to cover the approaches. Not 2 minutes later, I was running up the road after respawning (got plinked by a forward sniper) and I hear the faint buzz of an approaching ATV.

Sure enough, I see a massive explosion followed by a flaming ATV flipping end over end through the air, accompanied by two bodies doing the same. Then ended up smashing into a tall building, it just looked so fuckawesome I almost shouted.

Moment 2 - That 3 point desert conquest map that people whine about no visibility can be a really good map.

After playing flag swap a few times, I ended up occupying the metal wreck by the middle flag, and proceeded to be an absolute pain in the ass to the enemy, constantly harassing, killing recon, flagging tanks to the point where they were sending squads in after me to flush me out. My squad started to get the idea and we set up shop there all game, recapping the point when it fell and holding them back. Such crazy firefights occurred, I can't even put into words. Hell, even took out choppers with the stationary TOW missile emplacement above.

Ended up winning that map just bleeding out the other teams tickets as they tried over and over to hold that point.

This game, despite the few issues is amazing. I will also mention that in all my playtime, I've hardly ever been killed by an M60, rarely see a group of medics doing a circle rez, and can count on one hand the amount of times I've been hit by our good friend CG, so I guess I can count myself thankful.

Can't wait to get home and waste more precious sleep time on this game. :mrgreen:

Lt. Fragg on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I was waitign for the helo the other day when someone ran by me right when it spawned and hopped in.

I decided that i'll jsut be the gunner and get some points if this dude wants to fly, he takes off starts heading towards the ground and jumps out and leaves me to die.

Which of course counted as a suicide apparently.

M.D. on
  • MugaazMugaaz Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I still can't play this game for more than 5 mins without a video freeze.

Mugaaz on
  • Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku LondonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sigtyr wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is Roadkilling enemies completely spotty?

Of course, it's not spotty when they try to run over me, they ALWAYS get me. I had to back over a medic about 10 feet in an abram before it gave me the roadkill.

It's not you. I've had people pass clean through my hummer when I try to run them over, it seems worse at high speed. Maybe it's some super sneaky recon trick. Maybe not.

Jimmy Marku on
  • AlejandroDaJAlejandroDaJ Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My procedure for playing on random servers when the other PAers are busy:

1) Join random server playing Rush
    2) Join random squad
    3) Pick Engineer or Assault class
    4) Notice that my other 3 squadmates are Recon snipers camping somewhere useless
    5) Annoyquit (little brother to Ragequit)
    6) GOTO 1

AlejandroDaJ on
    edited March 2010
    I was waitign for the helo the other day when someone ran by me right when it spawned and hopped in.

I decided that i'll jsut be the gunner and get some points if this dude wants to fly, he takes off starts heading towards the ground and jumps out and leaves me to die.

Which of course counted as a suicide apparently.

I had a recon pilot do that to us and a full chopper... I was gunner, my squad spawned in on me. Didn't even take fire, I guess we were above his "spot" and he just bailed and we splashed into the side of a mountain.

Fun. :x

Lt. Fragg on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I heard the trick to flying heli's at least on the 360 is swapping to third person view, a guy who never flew before last night took the blackhawk to freaking victory doing that, I'm still hesistant as my last two heli flights have been out of bounds and dead.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I surprisingly haven't had many bad times at all in this game in pubs. In fact I want to say there have been many team players with recons mostly being shady.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I went Trophy Hunting on the PS3 the past couple of nights. The Dentist is a very amusing trophy, Mission....Accomplished is a strange trophy, and the Shoot Helicopter with Stationary AT is so freaking easy if you grab a TOW near to the oppositions Heli, like on the Desert Conquest Map.

I've also completed the Vehicle, Medic, and Engineer unlock tracks. I was planning on finishing up Recon, then Assault, but I think I'm gonna be distracted after tomorrow. In any case, if anyone sees me on and I'm free, I'll happily join up with any PS3 peeps and shoot mans. Just be aware my mic is apparently not liking holding a charge...and I'm too impatient some nights to recharge it and might just play with no mic on.

Marikir on
    steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • NumiNumi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    C4 really needs to be made into standard equipment like the hand grenade, it is much too fun to be restricted like it is.

Even better when you bring down the m-com building in more or less one big explosion and killing the members of your team that is being all by the book with their arming and guarding.

Numi on
    edited March 2010
    I love the AT Mines, especially on panama, freaking silly geese keep hitting them, or drive right next to them and then I blow them up with a little gun fire.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited March 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    I heard the trick to flying heli's at least on the 360 is swapping to third person view, a guy who never flew before last night took the blackhawk to freaking victory doing that, I'm still hesistant as my last two heli flights have been out of bounds and dead.

I am on the 360 as well, but I really don't see what is so hard about flying those things... I just get annoyed when people use it as their personal transport and never bother to alert you when they bail, or... better yet... go as a passenger and not as the pilot.

But then again this is on 360, I shouldn't be surprised with how people play. 8-)

Lt. Fragg on
    edited March 2010
    Lt. Fragg wrote: »

I am on the 360 as well, but I really don't see what is so hard about flying those things... I just get annoyed when people use it as their personal transport and never bother to alert you when they bail, or... better yet... go as a passenger and not as the pilot.

But then again this is on 360, I shouldn't be surprised with how people play. 8-)

For me its I always fly in reverse, I don't understand the proper direction to tilt it to get it to fly forward I guess.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Raoulduke20Raoulduke20 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I just want a choice between the underslung attachments and C4 as an assault. I am more than willing to give up my noobtube for C4 with my M416. I hate having to use a gun I like less just to bring down buildings.

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Morkath wrote: »
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    I don't think I could give up Motion Sensors for ammo crates. Plus, Shotgun Wookie > boring old soldier guy

less talk, more finding a way to make the uav and helicopters use the same flight inversion setting.

God I wish I could find a setting to fix that :(

and what is needed is the UAV and Helis to have different Vertical axis controls, rather than the same. Since the two have completely different flight models.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku LondonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The main problem with non-PA servers is people that have literally no balls, at all, not even one. They seem to think that dying in the game = dying in real life. At least that's the only explanation for being an assault that never actually assaults.

I like to jump on a quad, drive flat out to the M-COM and arm it, despite overwhelming enemy opposition. I always die, but that's kind of the point.

Jimmy Marku on
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

If it's an attack helicopter I'll only use 3rd person when landing for repairs, but when piloting the transport helis like the Blackhawk I think you're definitely better off sticking to 3rd person when in flight. You get a much better idea of how you're aiming your gunners, and you can see where you're taking fire from MGs, tracers, or rockets.

wonderpug on
  • Nayl219Nayl219 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    dammit. It seems like every pub rush I do is against squads of rank 30 or higher where I'm a lowly 11. Of course we get desroyed. When I leave and join another game the same damn thing happens.

Seems like they should allow me to play with people around the same rank, at least id feel less like complaining cause we all use the same gear.

Do I just have horrible luck with pubs or what?

Nayl219 on
    Gamertag: brautigan219
    edited March 2010
    The main problem with non-PA servers is people that have literally no balls, at all, not even one. They seem to think that dying in the game = dying in real life. At least that's the only explanation for being an assault that never actually assaults.

I like to jump on a quad, drive flat out to the M-COM and arm it, despite overwhelming enemy opposition. I always die, but that's kind of the point.

Nothing more fun than taking down an MCOM yourself, such a rush. I think it's the whole K/D disease...

Lt. Fragg on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My point blank 40mm skills seem to have disapeared.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • belaraphonbelaraphon michiganRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nayl219 wrote: »
    dammit. It seems like every pub rush I do is against squads of rank 30 or higher where I'm a lowly 11. Of course we get desroyed. When I leave and join another game the same damn thing happens.

Seems like they should allow me to play with people around the same rank, at least id feel less like complaining cause we all use the same gear.

nah, i've seen this as well. just a ton of high level guys loaded onto one team that dominate some new players. sucks a whole bunch.

belaraphon on
    belaraphon.png
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I thought the console versions were supposed to match people up based on skill / rank?

Not that I'm really surprised, as the PC version can't even auto-balance properly :P

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
    edited March 2010
    Nayl219 wrote: »

I don't really feel pissed off at the gear but I find I have to drop out of a few servers till I find a good mix of players.

Or, if my squad is decent, we just try to hang on best we can and try to turn the tide ourselves :)

But usually we get wiped...

Lt. Fragg on
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I guess I should try this game or something?

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bunch of my buddies have started playing BFBC2 so i'm thinking about renting a server (probably keeping it on HC most of the time) just want to see how many people here would play on a HC server. Would be nice to see it populated most of the time.

Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Aggravating games recently. I hate it when I can't find a sniper who always seems to one shot me.

Sheep on
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So an enemy on a 4-wheeler jumped over a hill to meet the bumper of my tank going full speed last night.

Who was this, I want to laugh at you.

It was like that video of the camel meeting the train. The 4-wheeler dissapears from the bottom of my screen, I hear a thud, and a roadkill pops up on my screen.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • douglydougly Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    I guess I should try this game or something?

If EA decides to let you play (Crashes, server problems, freezing, death, etc), it's amazing.

dougly on
    puffin.png
  • BuhamutZeoBuhamutZeo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Never played a game where you could make sniping so satisfying. I decided to go recon in Isle Inocentes and tried to push myself this time around. I tried to make the longest, craziest shots I possibly could. As the attacker, I sat on the island juuuust to the west of our staging ground and tried getting shots off on the island. I kept both of the machine gun nests clear so our choppers could get anything done. Once we took that their base moved up and I couldn't get off anymore shots on their positions.

So, I decided to find the highest place I could to look over their second set of Mcoms, which turned out to be a hill just to the west of the first staging ground. I could see all the way to the back of the village from it, more or less. I was only able to get one headshot on a sniper hiding in the cliff.

It took nearly a full second to reach his head with an arc that was more like artillery than a bullet and garnered me 238 marksman points. :)

BuhamutZeo on
    MyBanner.jpg
    BRAWL: 1160-9686-9416
    edited March 2010
    Hrmm, the p's are looking quite empty.

Could a kind soul please add "puffin" to the player list?

I promise, I'm trying to rid myself of the 40mm addiction.

dougly on
    puffin.png
  • BrimfieldBrimfield Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yet another reason I'm glad I waited for BC2 instead of getting MW2, the new map pack is $15 for 5 maps. seems steep.

minor bf moment:
    Hunkered down as defense behind some concrete blocks as the zone switches over after the mcoms are blown up. Get all aimed up on Bradley coming through with the RPG-7, shoot it, enemy recon spawns at the same time and takes it in the face from about 5 feet away about. Didn't feel bad about that one, you did that to yourself.

Brimfield on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    xbl: brimfields
    edited March 2010
    BuhamutZeo wrote: »
    I kept both of the machine gun nests clear so our choppers could get anything done.

/tear.

Thank you for understanding that the purpose for recon isn't just getting random kills of guys that will respawn in 10 seconds with no penalty!

I was on a server last night and 7/12 of my offensive teammates were snipers on the beta map (port valdez?). Even so, the stationary and machine gun turrets were fully manned.

Do I swap to a sniper and take them out, hoping one of the random heroes haphazardly running down the road will actually make it? Nah, odds are low.

M16A2, extra grenades (smoke), magnum bullets and a fierce smile later, I armed B twice (after previously having blown up a). While it immediately got defused, twice, I claimed a moral victory since I rambo'd the objective.

dougly on
    puffin.png
  • TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I hope the G3 and M14 get some love in the first patch. The G3 should be more accurate and the M14 either needs a bigger clip (as it has in real life) or less kick when firing. Even if it's just the ability to equip red dots and scopes, it would be a huge improvement as they're both pretty much a joke right now.

TwistedJester on
    edited March 2010
    I don't think I've tried the M14 since I got magnum bullets. Possibly a deadly combination?

dougly on
    puffin.png