As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Company 2: Boring Title

• Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't get what the hate is on people who play conservatively. If you're not on Defense in a Rush round, then isn't the whole point to be conservative with your life/tickets? I like to take conservative risks; I'll deploy a motion mine on the other side of the wall before I run around it with my shotgun. I don't like to rush right out into the open. My thoughts are that if I kill at least 1 enemy during a life, I'm going par for the course. If I kill more than 1, than I'm contributing.

Yes, I'll take a risk if its purpose is to secure an objective. I'll run around and try to flank an MCON, though admitedly I'll stay near cover if possible. I've even snuck behind enemy lines and stolen some of their vehicles, which is a favorite past time of mine.

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    Aggravating games recently. I hate it when I can't find a sniper who always seems to one shot me.

If its on "laguna?" The one with the conquest point thats a downed helicopter that shit is annoying, More people snipe on that map than anything else, its why I like to hop in the tank and introduce them to my friend the 30mm cannon.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    guys quit it with the ice burns at my expense

even wookies have feelings

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Aggravating games recently. I hate it when I can't find a sniper who always seems to one shot me.

If its on "laguna?" The one with the conquest point thats a downed helicopter that shit is annoying, More people snipe on that map than anything else, its why I like to hop in the tank and introduce them to my friend the 30mm cannon.

Nah. The desert one with the bridge at Point 3 or 4 or so. I think the guy had just stayed behind.

Quick question.

What does the Optics perk for vehicles do? I figured if I put it on a tank or something then it would allow me to zoom in with LT. But what if I put Optics on a UAV or Helicopter?

Sheep on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    That'd own if the UAV got the smoke perk

fly into a point and just POOF

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You can zoom in significantly further with the UAV. Not sure about the Helos.
    SoaL wrote: »
    That'd own if the UAV got the smoke perk

fly into a point and just POOF

It has a smoke grenade launcher with the specialization. That you can kill enemies with.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    that was a good few games just now on Angrydome

lost 3 in a row then won 3 in a row

Also got 4 snipers on the hill on the desert map with the knife again. That map is a goldmine for flanking the attackers

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    I don't get what the hate is on people who play conservatively. If you're not on Defense in a Rush round, then isn't the whole point to be conservative with your life/tickets? I like to take conservative risks; I'll deploy a motion mine on the other side of the wall before I run around it with my shotgun. I don't like to rush right out into the open. My thoughts are that if I kill at least 1 enemy during a life, I'm going par for the course. If I kill more than 1, than I'm contributing.

Yes, I'll take a risk if its purpose is to secure an objective. I'll run around and try to flank an MCON, though admitedly I'll stay near cover if possible. I've even snuck behind enemy lines and stolen some of their vehicles, which is a favorite past time of mine.

There is a difference between throwing ones life away and flat out not going after objectives. Or like on defense in a rush where your team is all spawn camping attackers all the while half their team hit the mcoms. Good job team way to defend.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Klyka wrote: »
    Ok,fuck this game I'm done. Teleporting instantkill knife is also in this game and I am sick and tired of knives beating bullets.

I'm out,thanks for the nice rounds till now.

See you in another game.

Play on servers in your country, introduce knifers to the Neostead 2000. I won't play on The Angry Dome anymore, my lag is just insane. It results in me being knifed every fucking time.
    Of course, I can't knife anyone else who's actually moving.

The really sad thing is that the stats you see in my sig are mainly from the Dome.

200 dogtags with 475 ping.

Fuck, I wish I lived in the US. I would ruin you people.

Warcry on
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm sure it would be harder to kill someone that isn't teleporting around.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Mechanical wrote: »
    jefe414 wrote: »
    my buddy uses the MG36 all the time. He has the slight zoomed (1.5x ?) with a working red dot on the 360.

Bug's only present in hardcore. Probably views it as part of the HUD.

Maybe I should re-learn reading comprehension since I now notice you mentioned that in your previous post 8-).

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    this game is so addicting. can someone add me to the pc players in the OP (cwar)?

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    cshadow42 wrote: »

There is a difference between throwing ones life away and flat out not going after objectives. Or like on defense in a rush where your team is all spawn camping attackers all the while half their team hit the mcoms. Good job team way to defend.

I guess to my credit, I don't go out on the front lines when I'm defending. I like to hang around the MCONS and lay in wait for anyone to enter the building so they can say hello to my SAIGA. I tend to stick to the SAIGA instead of assault rifles because, quite frankly, I suck at quickly aiming. I seem to do ok with sniper rifles, especially know that I have the x12 scope.

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    ArthArth Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I love the enhanced optics on the UAV. My only complaint is that I haven't maxed a single class yet, so while I want to be earning engineer/recon/assault/medic points, all too often my team mates will ignore the UAV while attacking and I'll feel obligated to hop onto it, alerting them to ambushes and taking out weapon emplacements. I get awesome amounts of points for overall leveling, but I don't gain any points towards getting past the 4x scope I'm stuck at unlocking for medic and assault.

For bradley driving, I'll take the alternate weapon, main tank is usually either fast reload or enhanced warhead.

Arth on
    Artheleron.png
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Warcry wrote: »
    Ok,fuck this game I'm done. Teleporting instantkill knife is also in this game and I am sick and tired of knives beating bullets.

I'm out,thanks for the nice rounds till now.

See you in another game.

Play on servers in your country, introduce knifers to the Neostead 2000. I won't play on The Angry Dome anymore, my lag is just insane. It results in me being knifed every fucking time.

The really sad thing is that the stats you see in my sig are mainly from the Dome.

It's not the server, it's the game.

And it's not lag being insane for me,it's not at all, otherwise I wouldn't have a positive KDR.

I am just sick and tired of every fucking shooter nowadays having a knife/melee weapon be more efficient than fucking BULLETS TO THE FACE.
    Especially if, even on lowest possible ping servers, the dude in front of you just sprint-teleports into you from 3-4 meters away killing you instantly.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I try to avoid the m60 while running around as a medic because I feel cheap using it, so now I've converted to SPAS12 fanatic instead. It kills so nicely,

so nicely
    I am just sick and tired of every fucking shooter nowadays having a knife/melee weapon be more efficient than fucking BULLETS TO THE FACE.

I don't know, I don't mind it really. The general idea of it is that if you let your enemy up close and personal it becomes a tremendous risk. Which is fine with me. I never ever get a knfekill face-to-face either due to ping so I know how it is.

Though I still love knifing people in the back/around corners. It's my reward for sneaking up on them unnoticed and I would never want that to go away! <3

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Alex WilderAlex Wilder Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

With a ping that high it isn't just hard for you to kill us. Its hard for us to kill you.

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

With a ping that high it isn't just hard for you to kill us. Its hard for us to kill you.

Which is why I have a 0.73 K/D ratio and never win in a one on one CQ fight?

Warcry on
  • Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hello!

Banner update for -
    10976543910446543910972.png

Current people with number of kicks allotted to them:

1) DietarySupplement -What fine polish and quality!
    1) Akira - What statement on the current times of the BC2 playstyle!
    2) Soal - What... uh.. effort!
    0) Goomba - Has made my favorite banner (its coming) but has already used up his allotted kicks, I'm sure!
    1) Carbonfire - How to the point!
    1) Tofu - That sure is a banner!
    1) Twisted Jester - It might get put up, eventually!

Let me know if I missed any!

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Exactly. The server predicts where you will be. For you, you expect everyone to have some weirdness. For everyone else, we are surprised to find you in our face with a knife, when a split second before, you were behind a wall.

I've played on some Euro servers. I doubt the Frenchies are as bad as my scores indicate. It just seems easier harvesting dogtags and killing folks.

I suspect that a higher ping is a slight advantage in this game, unfortunately.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Which is why I have a 0.73 K/D ratio and never win in a one on one CQ fight?

Maybe.....maybe even if you play that much you are just not very good?

I hate to be the one to say this :(

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    aw my W/L ratio is negative

sadface

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    MrDelish wrote: »
    Witchdr wrote: »
    So a fun BF story:

I was on Port Val playing assult and i saw a friendly ATV fly past me towards the defender spawn. He luckly didnt hit the mines spread out on the road, however he did eat a headshot to the face by the enemy. two defenders decided they would hop on the ATV (still not sure why) when they started to drive down the road I shot the mines. Poor engineer got 2 teams kills. So much more fun then just shooting them off it.

that's nothing. Carbonfire thrives on telling teammates to hold a building as he destroys its foundations so it collapses on them

Go my minions, secure that completely sturdy looking building....

[tiny]MUAHAHAHAHA
    *twirls mustache*[/tiny]

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Machismo wrote: »

Exactly. The server predicts where you will be. For you, you expect everyone to have some weirdness. For everyone else, we are surprised to find you in our face with a knife, when a split second before, you were behind a wall.

I've played on some Euro servers. I doubt the Frenchies are as bad as my scores indicate. It just seems easier harvesting dogtags and killing folks.

I suspect that a higher ping is a slight advantage in this game, unfortunately.

Wrong. Massively wrong. There is literally no way for me to knife someone on the move on that server. I'm lucky to hit 17 kills per match. Point blank shotgun shells simply don't matter sometimes. I can die to a fucking M9 pistol after blasting someone in the face with the 870.

This is what happens when I play on an Australian server.
    bfbc2game20100315173304.png

Yeah, higher ping really helps. It truly, truly does.
    Honest.

Warcry on
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sister got me this, and finally installed it. Looks gorgeous even on medium. Ready to get tactical with you guys.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    deusxanimedeusxanime Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey all, lurk PA forums occasionally and have been having fun in BC2 on The Angry Dome. Chicago severs work well since I'm in the twin cities, MN. I saw at least a few of you on while playing last night. Good times! I go by RecliningBuddha in game.

Creating my sig I see that my k/d is horrible, and will need to be worked on. I just bought BC2 a week or so ago. I was going to wait until it came down to around $30, but broke down and got it off Steam after reading about all the fun everyone was having. Unfortunately having a 6 month old and currently replacing the engine in my car have taken a lot of time away from gaming, but I do what I can.

deusxanime on
    RecliningBuddha.png
  • Options
    cm83cm83 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    deusxanime wrote: »
    ...my k/d is horrible, and will need to be worked on...

No, don't do it, it's a trap!

If you worry too much about your k/d, Lord Gustav and Emperor M60 have a stronger pull on you! Resist... RESIST!!!

cm83 on
    OkieMurse.png
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Zzulu wrote: »
    I try to avoid the m60 while running around as a medic because I feel cheap using it, so now I've converted to SPAS12 fanatic instead. It kills so nicely,

so nicely

I love the XM8 LMG

It kills real good

tofu on
  • Options
    deusxanimedeusxanime Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    cm83 wrote: »

No, don't do it, it's a trap!

If you worry too much about your k/d, Lord Gustav and Emperor M60 have a stronger pull on you! Resist... RESIST!!!

Ha! I'm mostly assault, so currently the XM8 + 40MM is my master! I love seeing people peeking through windows, and then just blowing out the whole damn wall. Trying to get up to the 4x optics to improve my long range. Once I get assault decently leveled though, engineer is next. Then CG will become my friend!

Btw, I hate that you don't even get the basic class gadgets to start with. Makes me want to play as engineer and medic less when I can't even repair/revive/heal until I've played for a bit. Eventually I'll break down and level them up though.

deusxanime on
    RecliningBuddha.png
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Wrong. Massively wrong. There is literally no way for me to knife someone on the move on that server. I'm lucky to hit 17 kills per match. Point blank shotgun shells simply don't matter sometimes. I can die to a fucking M9 pistol after blasting someone in the face with the 870.

This is what happens when I play on an Australian server.
    bfbc2game20100315173304.png

Yeah, higher ping really helps. It truly, truly does.
    Honest.
    Well you know how hard it is for you to hit moving people? It's literally exactly as hard for anyone else to hit you.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Playing this game in a pubbie server, shotgun engy, Arica Harbour, attackers = good.

Playing this game in a pubbie server, shotgun engy, Arica Harbour, attackers with the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 soundtrack playing = fucking godly

Warcry on
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Quick question.

What does the Optics perk for vehicles do? I figured if I put it on a tank or something then it would allow me to zoom in with LT. But what if I put Optics on a UAV or Helicopter?

Use the alt-fire button and you will toggle a higher zoom level. It's great on the UAV since you can spot and Hellfire to your heart's content with hardly any risk of getting shot down (since you're so far from the battle).

wonderpug on
  • Options
    TheBanaTheBana Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I didn't think I liked playing a SAIGA Assault guy until just now on the PA West Server.

I loaded a HUMMV up with C4 went the long way around the base on the map with a long road leading up to the MCOM base (the one where everyone and their uncle snipes from the ridge on the left). I charged that fecker inbetween two tanks, hopped out and BOOM!

Four kills, two vehicles destroyed, Multiple Kill bonus...etc...

Defintely my greatest BC2 moment so far.

I need to try more fun stuff like that.

Needless to say it didn't work twice.

TheBana on
    Monster Hunter Tri - TheBana/FZVK6U; Skype - TheBana84;
  • Options
    Kthulhu99Kthulhu99 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Long time lurker and loving this game! Would like to be added to the OP (soldier name in sig) as PuG servers are getting tiring. Even a small hint of organization and communication (vent yay!) would be a step up. All I need to do is simply add PA as the tag? No brackets or anything?

Kthulhu99 on
    kthulhu.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    So if you are in a vehicle (like a tank or the UAV) and you have the AltFire spec equipped, how do you zoom in? Is there a special "zoom in" button I haven't seen yet?

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Raoulduke20Raoulduke20 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So if you are in a vehicle (like a tank or the UAV) and you have the AltFire spec equipped, how do you zoom in? Is there a special "zoom in" button I haven't seen yet?

I think the altfire perk might take the place of your zoom.

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm fine with melee attacks which kill with one hit if you're directly behind the target. Knife attacks which lunge through bullets and are one-hit kills are stupid. If somebody sneaks up behind me and stabs me, that's on me and my team for not watching our backs well enough. If somebody can run through my SMG fire to just skip right to me dying, that's stupid. If a .50 cal rifle doesn't kill whoever it hits in one shot, a knife shouldn't either. Should take at least two hits and then maybe folks won't be so quick to go for the stab when someone is in the middle of filling them with bullets.

Anyway, before the server died or whatever, I got to do some very nice work with recon. Mortared two attacking tanks from full health to burning husk and hid behind a completely obvious bush to shoot and stab attackers as they ran by. Wookie suits are so great. Too bad the server crashed; also, too bad the first half of the game was 15 vs 10 players in the attackers favor.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Zzulu wrote: »
    aw my W/L ratio is negative

sadface

If it makes you feel better, at least it can't be as bad as mine. For the first four days, I don't think I ever saw the "Your team won" message.

The team stacking situation still sucks, but at least I get to end up on the winning team sometimes now.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Pajama_ManPajama_Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Depending on which "vehicle perk" you have equipped those essentially act as your "Alt-Fire". The only way to get zoom in alt-fire is to equipped the zoom vehicle perk (thus your loose the machine gun etc). The zoom perk is great on the UAV. Also pairing the UAV with the sensor will turn your UAV into a flying sensor ball. :mrgreen:

Pajama_Man on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

I think the altfire perk might take the place of your zoom.

It does.

Fun thing to do: Have both Attack chopper pilot and gunner pick the alt-fire perk. Gunner's alt fire is a tracer dart, and the Chopper pilot's alt fire is a tow missile. Gunner traces, pilot locks on and ruins a tank's day.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire