As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Company 2: Boring Title

• Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Man, pump shotty + slugs + magnum rounds is god. My favorite thing is hearing a sniper's bullet whiz by, spinning around and putting a slug in their head from halfway across the map. So satisfying.

As a side note, are all the PA servers just Rush 24/7 at this point? I like Rush, but the meat grinder aspect of it gets pretty old after a while. It seems like Conquest has the ability to create situations that are a bit more tactically interesting than the endless waves of men hurling themselves at M-Coms in Rush.

At the same time, playing with pubbies sucks, so I hate straying from the PA servers.

I've been curious about this. Does the magnum ammo perk do anything for slugs? I know people say they have little to no effect on sniper rifles, and I know I've read that slugs are treated the same as sniper rounds by the game.

Hmm...I just sort of assumed it affected all bullets equally. Maybe I'll try hopping in an empty server tonight with a friend and testing it out a bit.
    no need! http://rigel.mirror.waffleimages.com/files/90/90f94d16f127c0b75021ad27ceeeadf89dbdafb9.png

Hahaha, RAMBO.

Arrath on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    TKane wrote: »
    Also, to whoever said the first guy you stab in Zero Dark Thirty in single player mode was a Legionniare was mistaken. He's not a Legionnaire, he's just a regular Russian grunt

Also, I looked everywhere. I didn't see a single Acta Non Verba symbol anywhere. I even got 90% of the MComs, and still didn't find the symbol.
    He's talking about a Russian colonel. In badly-accented English. The same badly-accented English his troops had in the first. The symbol pops up in a few cutscenes, mostly as background material. The bulletin board when you're talking to Braidwood is the most obvious one, but I think there's a few more.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    davinciedavincie Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man, pump shotty + slugs + magnum rounds is god. My favorite thing is hearing a sniper's bullet whiz by, spinning around and putting a slug in their head from halfway across the map. So satisfying.

As a side note, are all the PA servers just Rush 24/7 at this point? I like Rush, but the meat grinder aspect of it gets pretty old after a while. It seems like Conquest has the ability to create situations that are a bit more tactically interesting than the endless waves of men hurling themselves at M-Coms in Rush.

At the same time, playing with pubbies sucks, so I hate straying from the PA servers.

I've been curious about this. Does the magnum ammo perk do anything for slugs? I know people say they have little to no effect on sniper rifles, and I know I've read that slugs are treated the same as sniper rounds by the game.

Hmm...I just sort of assumed it affected all bullets equally. Maybe I'll try hopping in an empty server tonight with a friend and testing it out a bit.
    no need! http://rigel.mirror.waffleimages.com/files/90/90f94d16f127c0b75021ad27ceeeadf89dbdafb9.png

Waffleimages only works on SA man!

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • Options
    Nayl219Nayl219 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Regarding nelson bay...the only problem I have is when the attacking team is all recon and just mortar the houses till they collapse. Its hard to defend when my whole team is playing pin the tail on the recons out in the forest. Like fucking hansel and gretel romping thru the woods

Nayl219 on
    Gamertag: brautigan219
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    so the link doesn't go to an image of a bunch of stats? it's a pretty big image and I wouldn't want to embed it

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well but if you had wanted to it wouldn't have.

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • Options
    Raoulduke20Raoulduke20 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I can't seem to find slugs anywhere on that chart, am I just being dumb? I see that magnum ammo does increase damage on shotguns but what about when they have the slug perk. It shows the sniper rifles as being the same regardless of whether magnum ammo is equipped so whoever told me that was right, at least.

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Metallikat wrote: »
    Soo...
    That part of the Airborne mission, where your falling in the air and have to shoot the bad guy and catch your parachute? Whoever designed that deserves an industrial strength cock punch. I'll be damned if I know what to do to catch the chute.
    You shoot the guy and it's over, there's nothing else to do.

tofu on
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I can't seem to find slugs anywhere on that chart, am I just being dumb? I see that magnum ammo does increase damage on shotguns but what about when they have the slug perk. It shows the sniper rifles as being the same regardless of whether magnum ammo is equipped so whoever told me that was right, at least.

My anecdotal evidence seems to indicate it does. I get far more one hit kills with magnum slugs than without.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    MetallikatMetallikat Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    tofu wrote: »
    Metallikat wrote: »
    Soo...
    That part of the Airborne mission, where your falling in the air and have to shoot the bad guy and catch your parachute? Whoever designed that deserves an industrial strength cock punch. I'll be damned if I know what to do to catch the chute.
    You shoot the guy and it's over, there's nothing else to do.
    Ah, probably bugged on me. I shoot the guy, and he falls away and the chute goes flying past me.

Metallikat on
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    hazywater wrote: »
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    I play a lot of Rush. The best map has to be the jungle map Valparaso. Stage 2 of that map can get ridiculous as that entire village can be leveled. The worst map is probably Arica harbor because of stage 1. That first stage is open and situated in a bowl making it hell for infantry to survive the incessant sniping and liberal tank fire.

Nelson bay is probably the most hectic.

If your team cannot break through the first point on Arica, it's because your tanks aren't using the Zoom Upgrade. Point A is completely undefendable, and B can be tank sniped pretty easily.

That's my issue, actually. Stage 1 is completely undefendable unless teams are stacked. Stages 2 and 3 are fun though with nice house to house fighting and urban tanks.

For nelson bay, shotgun wookie is amazing. Those motion sensors change everything.

Attackers have a hard enough time on Rush maps. I rarely ever see an Attacking team win on Rush unless teams are severely unbalanced or skill-stacked. About the only map that seems somewhat neutral is Nelson Bay, as I've seen good defenders fail and so so attackers win there. And maaaaybe Port Valdez, but only if the defenders don't use the chopper properly.

Valparaiso, Arica, and Isla (especially Isla :x) all favor the defenders far too much IMO. I'm all for making teams earn their win, but when almost every Rush map ends with "Defenders Win", something is unbalanced.

Also @360 players: I'm starting to believe that you guys received a different version of Our Lord and Destructor Carl Gustov than us PC players. Because with the explosive upgrade, people die by merely firing in their general direction.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    edited March 2010

My anecdotal evidence seems to indicate it does. I get far more one hit kills with magnum slugs than without.

Good to know. I'm going to play around with that setup instead of the shotgun magazine size perk. I was hoping that was the case since I don't feel like I need twice as many shots with the pump actions and wanted extra stopping power instead.

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • Options
    TheBanaTheBana Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't want to sound like a whiner, but I just got kicked from the 'Dome. I had a PA tag, wasn't asshatting, no warnings, nothing.

GG I guess.

TheBana on
    Monster Hunter Tri - TheBana/FZVK6U; Skype - TheBana84;
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    TheBana wrote: »
    I don't want to sound like a whiner, but I just got kicked from the 'Dome. I had a PA tag, wasn't asshatting, no warnings, nothing.

GG I guess.

Maybe someone used their free banner-obtained kick.

Or maybe Sladvan or Tyrannus just decided to hate you for a little while ;-)

Don't take it personally, just get on ventrilo and see if you can get back in. You should be on Ventrilo whenever you play anyway 8-)

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

GG I guess.

Could it have just been a random disconnect? I know that's happened to me once or twice.

Raoulduke20 on
    signatureih.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010

GG I guess.
    none of the admins online kicked you, unless your name is Eric Crim. they also kicked a "random pubbie", so that probably means they weren't targetting you with your PA tags. are you sure it wasn't a punkbuster error?

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ah, I probably am jumping the gun a bit. It's just the first time it's not been full and I'm still waiting for my headset to arrive in the post, hence no Ventrilo.

:D

Sorry

TheBana on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Also @360 players: I'm starting to believe that you guys received a different version of Our Lord and Destructor Carl Gustov than us PC players. Because with the explosive upgrade, people die by merely firing in their general direction.

Quite likely. The M2CG is useful, but far from being broken.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010

Maybe.

I've yet to really use it.

I do use the AT4 though.

Sheep on
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Haha, Shotgun Wookie is great for Rush mode. Run in and shotgun people towards the point, set C4 on it, go and watch and get triple kills with the C4

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    elliotw2 wrote: »
    Haha, Shotgun Wookie is great for Rush mode. Run in and shotgun people towards the point, set C4 on it, go and watch and get triple kills with the C4

I prefer Shotgun Assault w/C4 that NEVER ENDS!!

I rammed a C4 laden jetski into a hut filled with the enemy earlier....five kills. :D

TheBana on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I feel so dirty for leveling assault by taking extra explosives+fatter explosives and spamming grenades and 40mm

but it is so great to see buildings absolutely demolished in seconds from my volleys

also sit on my ammo crate so i never run out

e: seriously on that uh... beta winter rush map I shot a 40mm from the top of the first attacker spawn point and hit the guy on the mounted gun in the under-construction building

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    SoaL wrote: »
    I feel so dirty for leveling assault by taking extra explosives+fatter explosives and spamming grenades and 40mm

but it is so great to see buildings absolutely demolished in seconds from my volleys

also sit on my ammo crate so i never run out

e: seriously on that uh... beta winter rush map I shot a 40mm from the top of the first attacker spawn point and hit the guy on the mounted gun in the under-construction building

Port Valdez. I tend to sit on that gun and counter snipe

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Buildings are death traps in this game. Hiding behind a window seems like a good idea because it obscures your silhouette and some walls stop bullets, right? Unfortunately, all you have to do is shoot a wall with a 40mm or rocket and the guy behind it dies. This makes every single window mounted MG worthless. Trees stop more bullets than most walls. A collapsed building stops bullets, making it better cover after its destroyed.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    about to try out carbonfires mouse smoothing/turret changes

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sheep wrote: »

Maybe.

I've yet to really use it.

I do use the AT4 though.

It's still very lethal on the 360. It's possible to shoot it at someone and only damage them, but it's rare. I don't really notice a larger explosion radius than the other launchers, it's just that the CG rocket travels so fast...

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    okay so I complained about the CG before but man I can see why you people use it a lot.

I saw a medic hiding behind some cover and I fired the cg at him turns out it was him and 3 others back there and I took them all out with the one rocket.

M.D. on
  • Options
    hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Medics, do us a favor and use the tracer dart gun. Its not like you're going to run out of ammo on that LMG and actually use your pistol.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Medics, do us a favor and use the tracer dart gun. Its not like you're going to run out of ammo on that LMG and actually use your pistol.

Like they'd switch from the m60 long enough to use a tracer.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Buff the repair gun, the gun of gods.

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    davincie wrote: »

i saw this on the console thing. good work!

tyrannus on
  • Options
    Pajama_ManPajama_Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Arrath wrote: »
    Pajama_Man wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »
    So if you are in a vehicle (like a tank or the UAV) and you have the AltFire spec equipped, how do you zoom in? Is there a special "zoom in" button I haven't seen yet?

Depending on which "vehicle perk" you have equipped those essentially act as your "Alt-Fire". The only way to get zoom in alt-fire is to equipped the zoom vehicle perk. The zoom perk is great on the UAV. Also pairing the UAV with the sensor will turn your UAV into a flying sensor ball. :mrgreen:

Does the sensor perk have infinite vertical range?

As far as I can observe, yes.

Although I havn't had the chance to test it on maps with higher height limits yet. I just came out of game on White Pass where pretty much half of the mini map lite up with reds with me hanging right on top near one of the cap points. I'm pretty sure I was pinging more then 60% of the enemy team. Also seems like the scan range is much bigger then the "circle" eludes it to be.

I took a screen shot unfortunately it only saved a blank screen.

Pajama_Man on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Do you get spot assists?

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    davincie wrote: »

i saw this on the console thing. good work!

My proudest moment.

And sheep you do.

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ha! Got my first repair gun kill. Total accident, I hopped out and was running with the tank repairing and an enemy walked right between us and got killed. Whoops!

DrunkMc on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I would really love it if they gave dog tags for Paddle and Drill Kills.

Maybe have the paddle kills look charred and drill kills look mangled or drilled through, just to differentiate them.

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for making my name tiny, tyrannus

like your penis

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I am slowly improving my K/D, through the magic of playing in servers situated in my own country.

Shotgun engy, 3.1 K/D last round.

I fucking love this getup.

Warcry on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I dont get the obsession with vent and this game. I just want to shoot mans, I dont want to listen to bullshit from the other team. I join a server and 4 friends will join, and all 4 of them will tell me to join their different vent servers. all of them refuse to join someone elses because they have their own, I think I am going to get my own so I can say "no i have my own vent server, you join it." so I dont have to deal with this anymore.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cm83cm83 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Since you guys have so much info on everything else, I was wondering if you could answer this:

How many kills does it take on each weapon to get your Bronze, Silver, Gold #1-9, and Platinum stars?

From what I've seen so far, the default seems to be 25=Bronze, 50=Silver, 100=Gold, 1000=Platinum. But some weapons seem to require different numbers than the default. I would like to know how this applies to every item with which you can get stars, including vehicles and weird things like paddles and repair drills.

I'm trying to get at least a Bronze on everything at the moment, and I googled like crazy but couldn't find any sort of chart. :(

cm83 on
    OkieMurse.png