As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Brutal Legend - Monday Night Combat is apparently BL with GUNS

CantidoCantido Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Games and Technology
I've always seen this overlap between medieval warfare and heavy metal. You see heavy metal singers and they'll have like a brace around their arm and they'll be singing about Orcs. So let's just make a world where that all happens. That all gets put together, the heavy metal, and the rock, and the battling, actually does happen. Let's not flirt around with this let's just do it.

IGN wrote:

Kotaku wrote:
This isn't a Dynasty Warriors style hack 'n' slash with Brütal Legend characters swapped in; it's a large-scale, real-time strategy game with a definite learning curve, but also gameplay deep enough that we can see it becoming a standout multiplayer title on XBL and PSN. It's also big, loud, funny and very metal -- just like the main game.
Tycho wrote:
LOL RTS
Yatzhee wrote:
LOL RTS
LOL RTS

"LOL RTS" - expression.
Short for "This game has RTS elements and a definitive learning curve and therefore it automatically sucks and I automatically hate it. Derp."

A reviewer whose head is not up his ass.

Massive Making of BL Interview by Gamesutra

10-03-09_BrutalLegendTribute72.jpg
RTS? In MY Action? How so?

BRUTAL LEGEND MULTIPLAYER GUIDE- YES THIS GAME HAS MULTIPLAYER AND ITS AMAZING.

Commanding, dare I say Controlling, YOUR ARMY

Holding the right shoulder button brings up a wheel with the different units you can build, straight out of Halo Wars. Once you have units, the D Pad will command them.

Attack - Everything in that general direction must die!
Sets an orange beacon to which allies will approach and attack enemies.

Follow - Be with me. <3
Puts a pink beacon on you causing unis who heard the command to move to your location no matter how far you are.

Stop/Defend - Defend this pile of crap with your very lives! Okay, I'm gonna turn around now, and if I see anyone following me I'm going to be very dissapointed.

Sets a blue beacon on your position. Units will stop attacking or moving, and move to that position and attack anyone nearby.

Go to Beacon - Your motion pleases me :winky:
The most important command, causes units to move to the beacon you set.

The Beacon appears with the left shoulder button, and you will use it more than any other command. Hold it down and a pillar of light will appear, that you can move anywhere. From one side of the map to the other. In key structures, it will stretch out for ease of use.

If you have units that are far away, beams of light from the sky will shine on them. The color tells you what they are doing, and the colors correspond to the commands listed above.

You will be using individual commands minimally in this game.

1. You go to a unit and hold Y (If you want them to go to a beacon, make sure its set already.)
2. Your avatar will say something like "Wait!" or "Listen!" All units in the general area will stop moving.
3. The unit you are closest to will glow.
4. Issue the command. You wont hear anything from the avatar.
5. Release Y to execute. You avatar will say something like "Those are your orders!"

COMMON GUITAR SOLOS

Some solos are not just in the single player. They are key mechanics for Stage Battles, and are common to each faction. Here they are…

Fan Tribute
Do you see how they love me so?
When there’s a rock stage in the area, spirits of the earth rise up in search of some fuckin’ metal. The key to gathering resources, cast this to claim the geyser and send the spirits to your stage so they can enjoy your music and power your army. You'll see them fly to your stage and begin moshing.

*If there is just two avatars by a geyser, whoever completes Fan Tribute first claims it.
*If your opponent has units near the geyser but you don't, you will see the geyser as red and cannot cast Fan Tribute, but they can.
*If you both have units near it, you both will see it as red, and whoever wipes out the opponents units first will see it change to green.
*When a geyser is green, no enemy units are around and you can claim it.
*Avatars cannot contest the geyser. Only the presence of your units can.

Rally Army
Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY, come here right now!
If you need a moment of massive offense/defense, cast this and all units will head straight to your spot. Different from the Summon Flag.

Summon Flag

Hey, check out my flag!
This simple 3 note song sets a flag in the ground. When a unit spawns, it will automatically go there. You can pick it up with the Double Team button and set it somewhere else (I recommend this), or just keep it on you so that allies just come to you. (I do not recommend this. Your character is too fast and important for this. It's good for beginners though.)

(Car) – The name varies between factions, but each character has their own car that only they can use. Cast it to throw off your opponents early ground game, as you can run over infantry with it. If it’s destroyed, you can cast it again to your heart’s delight. Don’t neglect it in your early game.

YOUR STAGE

Your stage is your base. It consumes fandom to create units, and can be upgraded. It plays music based on the Faction you are playing. Your mission is to destroy your opponent's base while defending yours.

Your stage's health is represented by Ten Orange Spotlights, each one representing 10% of it's health. When taking damage, they will fall off. You can bring back one light while at the microphone. It costs 200 fans.

Your stage has Double Team Attacks:
Fog - ...And then the fog rolled in...and our enemies were screwed!
Pressing X (Square) when DT'd with the Stage Spreads dry ice fog that slows down enemies near the stage.

Speaker Check - SPEAKER CHECK, RIGHT SIDE!
Pressing the Shoulder Buttons will send out a blast that knocks down enemies and stuns them. It even stuns avatars!

Spotlights
The most important defense, there are two large spotlights at the top of the stage. Fly and DT with them to aim and shoot lasers at enemies below. Charge it for more powerful shots.

THE FACTIONS

Ironheade- Heavy Metal
Eddie Riggs's metal themed faction, filled with fire, engines, machinery, leather, rage, passion and energy. The Fire Beast’s will incarnate. Single player revolves entirely around Eddie developing this faction.

Ironheade Car – The Deuce.
"Oohoohoo, hello! Looks like it's working already..."

Ironheade Solo Spells

Face Melter
Rock can heal, but sometimes it hurts!
Eddie's nuke solo, which causes damage over a small radios. Infantry who die get their faces melted off. Use it often!

Call of the Wild

Call of the Wiiilllld was my favorite Booook!
This spell summons animals found throughout the world, but what animals are dependent on your Tech level. Tier 2 summons four Raptor Elks. Tier 3 summons two Tollusks. Final Tier summons a Hextadon. Beware. The spell always has a chance of summoning something below your tier.

Battle Cry
If you're heart's not palpitating now, call your doctor, cause you are DEAD!
In the story, it compels the Headbangers to join. But really, it’s a buff that strengthens allies around you.

Rock Block
Sorry if I messed up your batting order!
Stops troop development of the enemy stage for 20 seconds. Use it when you want some offensive momentum. WARNING - DOES NOT WORK ON TAINTED COIL HIERARCHY UNITS!

Light of Dawn
Oh, mighty sun, please burn away the creatures of the night from this land while I enjoy coffee and bacon!
This spell makes a bright sunrise stopping all enemy buffs and debuffs. The bane of Drowning Doom’s existence. This spell takes long to cast.

Bring it on Home
Oh, no! The Metal Gods are still using Hydrogen!
His most powerful spell, it summons a goddamn Hydrogen-Filled Zeppelin of Lead to crash into the area directly above Eddie, causing massive damage and leaving the area on fire. Aim it carefully, it’s 10 notes, powerful, and has a cool down time of five minutes. Don’t waste it.

Ironheade Lvl 1 Units.

Headbanger

KILLING!:whistle:
Eddie's basic melee infantry. After years of devolution, these former slaves knew nothing in life but crushing rocks with their heads. But Eddie's music compelled them to bang their heads for better reasons.

Double Team: The headbangers that are in the area will circle Eddie and bang their heads in a formation that causes damage to enemies who get too close, or if they survive, go flying.

Razor Girls
Does anybody got any gum?
Eddie's basic long-range infantry. Rescued by Ophelia, these former slaves sport their favorite weapon: a cannon made from the guts of a Razorfire Boar, a living motorcycle.

Double Team: Eddie sits one girl on his shoulder and changes her shot into a powerful cannon. It feels like a shotgun, but it has incredible range. Combine with Battle Cry, and it will kill an avatar in three shots.

Thunderhog - Lemmy Kilmister
Marchin' off to war!
Lemmy, yes, THAT Lemmy, leads a mysterious clan who heals people with nothing but bass music. He modified a motorcycle Eddie built so he can heal other anywhere on the battlefield.

Double Team: Eddie will hitch a ride, then you can control and fire short range bursts of bass that paralyze infantry or vehicles over a small radius. Also, allies around Lemmy will heal even faster.

Ironheade Lvl 2.

Fire Barons - Rob Halford
Is this the outfit that murdered the General? Right then...BURN THE OTHER GUYS!
A light anti-infantry vehicle unit. A mysterious clan of pyros who ride on motorcycles and toss molotovs at enemies for a burning effect, devastating to infantry.

Double Team: Eddie rides on the motorcycle , then you hold A to start a trail of fire behind you. Complete a loop to make a powerful barrier of fire that shrinks, causing massive damage to enemies who walk through it.

Headsplitter
Some of the guys built you something Eddie! Lemme know when you wanna add it to the show!
A Heavy Ranged Vehicle. After being liberated by Eddie, they learn from him and built their own vehicle, reverse engineered from the enemy.

Double Team: Gives you the ability to steer and shoot, and it’s crossbow fires more rapidly and becomes explosive. Good for attacking vehicles, or even structures. But let the AI do it's thing if enemies are moving too fast for you to aim.

Lvl 3 Units
Metal Beast - Lita Ford
Are you here for the Mating Challenge? :winky:
An anti-infantry who is also infantry. Rima and her tribe ride a Metal Beast, which the power to breathe fire over a wide arc. It also moves very fast.

Double Team: Gives you the controls over movement and fire. Use it to slaughter infantry and take down large infantry while using speed to evade attacks the AI would normally ignore. Not good on vehicles.

Bouncer
I'm helping! :D
Your Anti-Vehicle Infantry. The former whip cracking officers of Lionwhyte’s army, now liberated. They are heavy infantry that are very effective against vehicles.

Double Team: Eddie lifts the Bouncer on his shoulders, and then throws him for a big shockwave that damages enemies over a big radius.

Roadies
Let's blow some eardrums, man!
A Stealth, anti-structure infantry. In this metal world, these roadies are not just unnoticeable, they become invisible. They do severe damage to buildings. One squad can level a booth in seconds. Two squads can level the stage in seconds! But if they get spotted up close by the enemy or leader, they can get killed quick.

Double Team: Eddie stands on the speaker and becomes invisible too, giving you control over movement and attacks. The speaker blast becomes more powerful, and can send an avatar flying, stopping them from protecting the geyser.

Final Unit

Rockcrusher
Who else feels like taking on the world?!

Reverse engineered from a stone roller, it is the final unit. A portable stage that can crush enemies and buffs allies around it by carrying your stage's music. It passively slings mortars at enemies, and units and structures of every type will be severely damaged by it's rolling grinders in the front.

Double Team: Eddie stands in the center of the portable stage, and can steer the vehicle over enemies and structures. You also get the most powerful Double Team attack, called the Bladehenge Assault, which traps and crushes enemies over a big circle you aim and fire. It's cooldown is very long, so keep it surrounded by now-buffed allies and hop out every now and then to attack as well.

Drowning Doom- Death/Black Metal

Oozing depression, dark colors and depression, it sucks the life out of everything around it. The spiritual opposite of Ironheade. Alone, some units are weak, and DD is the only faction that does not have buffs. But it has a ton of debuffs, courtesy of depressing music, storm clouds, black tears and ash. It makes DD more about weakening the opponent then building up the allies.

Drowning Doom Car – The Hearse
Hi Eddie! I finally got myself a car. It has a special seat in the back just for you!

Drowning Doom Unit Data

Drowning Doom Solos

Silence
Hush...
Wraps the enemy leader’s head in mummy bandages, blocking all commands and guitar use. Only works at close range, so anticipate when they are coming to you.

Black Tear Infusion
He loves me, he loves me not.
Spreads Black Tear flower petals from the ground, healing allies around the casting area for a short time. Kinda sucks, but use it often.

Shadow Blast
FEEL MY TEARS!
The DD nuke solo, it causes damage to enemies close by. They also get blown away a good distance.

Encompassing Gloom
You're stage seems to be suffering from a case of On-Set Depression!
Makes the sky go dark, stopping enemy troop production. It works no matter what. Even on Tainted Coil's building units. Devastating to any faction!

Baleful Misdirection
Hmhmhmhm...
Creates a duplicate of any unit that you can currently produce. It will appear blue and transparent. But to AI, and even the enemy player, it will look real, and take hits like a real unit. It takes up unit load, but follows your orders. Things that it attacks will send a warning to the enemy just like a real unit would, so careful choice of the unit you copy will make it more believable, diverting enemy attention. When it dies, it vanishes in a blue flame, giving away that it's a fake.

Veil of Deceit
Get under my skirt!
Spreads a fog that makes your units invisible until they attack. Use it to slip behind enemy detection, or behind a Rockcrusher...
As long as your units don't attack, they remain in visible to enemies and the avatar. Great for attacking a stage or avoiding danger.

Weeping Heavens
Let the crying start...
The final spell, it launches artillery sized eyeballs from your stage, raining Black Tears to destroy enemies. Once cast, a glowing eye will appear above your head. This is where the artillery will fall all around you. BEWARE. The attack launches from your stage to just past your position. Keep note of where your stage is, because in weird shaped maps like Bleeding Coast, the attack comes sideways.

Drowning Doom Units

Lvl 1 Units

Grave Digger
That song makes me want to kill myself, but in a good way!
DD basic infantry. Is it a zombie? No, wait! It’s just some emo fucker. Or perhaps both? Weak, but they come in a group of six, the largest of all infantry. Why? Big groups help them express their individuality -_-

Double Team: Buries you underground, allowing you to move around until you gush back up, creating an explosion that blows away enemies. It's great for hiding from damage, and good at removing leeches from geysers. This is very powerful.

The Bride
Leave ME at the altar, will you?!
A debuff infantry. A glowing blue spirit of a woman in a bridal dress who never bagged a man in life, everywhere they go, storm clouds hover above that debuff enemies and slow them down, infantry or vehicle. Each time they sustain damage, they automatically shoot lightning in retaliation. You can only make three, because when all three are together, they can slow down the enemy by 75%. Always have three, and have them close, and your enemy will hardly function around them.

Double Team: You'll dance with her, and shoot bolts of lightning. 11 shots can remove a leech. Great for harassing infantry.

Frightwig
Let me touch that beautiful hair!
A long-range infantry. A head of a woman who washed her hair in the Black Tears, giving it supernatural beauty. In death, their heads came back to life on their own, using their hair as new legs and arms. Because they are alone, they hit harder, faster, and have more health than any other long range infantry. But that makes them big targets for the enemy avatar too.

Double Team: You can lift and throw the Frightwig at an enemy unit, forcing it to attack allies (think Headcrab). But if the unit gets hit too much, the Frightwig will die instead. Otherwise both the unit and Frightwig will die. It can steal any unit except Tainted Coil's three building units. Steal Rockcrushers. Often.

Lvl 2 Units

Ratgut
Lead my rats to victory!
Anti-infantry, Infantry unit. This bloated piece of Eurotrash's belly is bloated from housing dozens of plague-ridden rats. He regularly vomits them out, then they seek out and munch on infantry.

Double Team: He devours you, and then vomits you out. You turn into the cluster of rats, giving you control over the enemies you devour. This means you can hide the Ratgut from a distance while you attack infantry. Especially if you cast Veil of Deciet on the Ratgut.

Organist
Is this song making you feel a little...impotent?
Debuff Vehicle – A church organ on wheels, it’s depressing music debuffs everyone around it. (indicated by units glowing blue.) They are cheap to build, and if you build multiple, their debuff stacks.

Double Team: You can drive, and launch the Organist's controller, who can posses any unit other than TC's three hierarchy units. Unlike Frightwigs, you get direct control over the enemy unit. If you don't want the responcebility, drive the controlled unit off a cliff!

Lightning Rod
Lets go see the Governor!
Heavy Vehicle unit. A hot rod, controlled and powered by Sparky, a dude in an electric chair. It fires bolts of lightning at enemies. But without Double Team, it doesn't shoot as fast and strong as it could during Double Team.

Double Team: Puts you in the drivers seat, and gives you aim of it’s lightning bolt. When fully charged, the bolt can zap multiple enemies at once, and severely damage the unit you shot it at.

Lvl 3 Units

Brood
Nobody here but us babies!
Tiny vehicle, also anti- vehicle. A tiny evil baby carriage. The tiniest vehicle in the game, it looks like infantry, but it is in fact a vehicle, making it fire resistant. It launches evil dolls that can shred apart vehicles. They are cheap and quick to make, making them important for tearing apart enemy vehicles in groups.

Double Team: Drives the Brood, and prepares a suicide attack. When you attack, it is launched forward and will self-destruct upon impact, launching multiple evil dolls everywhere that will automatically latch on to enemies.

Reaper
Hey! Can you hear me though those headphones?
Fast infantry. Death himself, sporting a ghostly horse, scythe, and some headphones for phat beats. A fast and powerful unit, he rides around slashing enemies for huge damage and speed.

Double Team: You ride the horse. Your presence causes enemy infantry to run away in fear. Circle infantry while other units pummel them!

Dirigible
Riiiiiide wiiiiith meeeeee...
Final Debuff Vehicle. A mysterious hot air balloon that spreads crematory ashes that reduce enemy defense. It works on units and structres. EVEN THE STAGE. You won't see it working but your enemy can (the screen becomes dark in it's proximity.) Practically mandatory for attacking the stage. One Dirigble, while you Double Team with a Lightning Rod, can kill the stage in a few seconds of fully changed shots. It has a very high amount of health, so Double Teaming is a great way to hide from damage.

Double Team: You take control of it as it soars high above the ground. You can then chuck urns directly underneath you. These funeral urns spread ashes that damage enemies and send them flying, and heal allies at the same time.

Final Unit

Treeback
Show your roots!
A huge terrifying tree monster with a massive murder of crows living in it’s canopy, swooping down and…murdering enemies. The crows automatically munch on enemies.

Double Team: you sit in the tree while the creature carrying it rises and can now have a devastating stomping attack while the crows continue to munch on enemies. Wait until you have the Treeback where you want it to be, because it moves faster when not in Double Team. Then hop in and squish enemies, the stage, or reckless avatars who tend not to take them seriously.

Tainted Coil - Industrial Metal

The Industrial Metal faction, led by the villain, Emperor Doviculus (Tim Curry). The units are all demonic looking, with hints of S&M that hold their squishy, skinless bodies together. This is the only faction in which units can spawn other units on the field, away from your stage. That makes these guys are the Zerg. The best opening act, they can overwhelm you by spawning enemies anywhere they want. Hands down, Doviculus has some of the worst Solos, and the least amount of Double Teams. But due to their focus on numbers, they can overwhelm other factions in a short amount of time. Also, the hierarchy allows powerful upgrades to all Lvl 1 and Lvl 2 Units.

Tainted Coil Car– The Chariot – A War Chariot fit for an antagonist.

Tainted Coil Data

Tainted Coil Solos

Chains of Hell
Restraint!
Chains shoot from the ground and latch on to the enemy avatar, stopping all movement.

Martyrdom
My pain shall set you free!
The basic TC Buff, it severely damages yourself to inspire your allies, boosting speed. It causes SEVERE DAMAGE TO YOURSELF, so don't play it if your opponent has a clear shot at you, or if your not at full health!

Curse
Let your veins RUN THICK WITH MY DISEASE!
The TC Nuke Solo, it causes 4 damage immediately, then poisons enemies for 12 seconds for 6 more damage, totaling 10.

Summon Agony Boil
I DEMAND a festering!
Creates a squishy, evil proximity mine that grows over time. Use it on things you wish to defend, on spots you expect the AI
to accidentally step on.

Summon Tick Choppers
DEMONS! RIDE!
A freebie unit, like Call of the Wild, this summons four Tick Choppers you faced in the Campaign. They will appear at your stage immediately when you summon it.

Skies Afire
Look up...AND SEE YOUR DESTINY!
The skies burn with evil, and units close to your stage get a massive attack boost. Useful for defense, or stopping your opponent from using their weather solo.

Launch of Death
SEND ME A NIGHTMARE!
If you created the final unit (Bleeding Death), move to an area and cast this to launch it to your position and set it loose. Anything too close to the place it lands will instantly die.

Lvl 1 Units

Battle Nun
I feel more...discipline is needed. :winky:
The Lvl 1 Production unit. These tall, svelte demonic nuns come directly from the stage and don't do too much on their own.

Double Team - Builds the other Lvl 1 Units.

Soul Kisser
Would you like to fly?
A melee infantry. These ladies are covered in leather with their arms tied behind them. They instead attack with their hair, composed of meshing shears.

Double Team: You pick one up and can throw it in a small but powerful suicide blast. Throwing two can remove a Leech. Throwing one can severely damage an avatar.

Punishing Party
QUIET, SLAVE!
A Ranged infantry. This unit is the most complex of all the ranged infantry. It consists of a group of dominatrices and one massive gimp, called The Pinboy. He serves as a meat shield, covering one mistress. If all the girls die he commits suicide regardless if you are Double Teaming or not. The suicide blast does small damage to enemies.

Double Team: Doviculus jumps atop The Pinboy and is able to manually throw spears at a target much more rapidly than the Dominatrices. This Double Team is very potent, and enemy avatars will have great trouble trying to deal with it. The girls themselves do not have a double team.

Lvl 2 Units

Warfather
You see? MINE are bigger! :winky:
Your Lvl 2 Production unit. These dark priests fight from long range by firing magic blasts from their evil book.

Double Team - Builds Lvl 2 units, or a Superior Battle Nun, which in turn builds Superior Lvl 1 units.

Skull Raker
Drive my skull DEEP into the enemy!
A Heavy Infantry. A slow, hulking monster with a mace for a head which it swings at enemies for all around damage dealing.

Double Team, you ride it's empty neck. If you move in one direction for a long time, you get a speed boost, and can launch it's head at enemies for severe damage.

Screamwagon - David Cross
No, please don't---*WARBRRBL*
A Support Vehicle. This terrifying car has no attacks. Instead, the poor Screamin' Demon lies strapped in the center, and is tortured various ways. The powerful screams motivate your army with one of three buffs.

Double Team puts you behind the wheel. It has a spiky grill for impaling infantry, making it a better early car than the Chariot. Pressing A cycles between the three buffs: Oil for defense by default, The Rack for attack second, Fire for Production speed last, and then back to Oil.

Pain Lifter
Your pain is a beautiful gift.
An Artillery Vehicle. Coil flesh-farm specialists take a core of sharp, disease-ridden medical waste and grow a helpless creature around it, informally named the "Agony Ball". When fired, it explodes on enemies.

Double Team: lets you steer, control where attacks go, and you can roll the ball to greater distances for even greater range. Devastating to infantry.

Tick Chopper
Let the ticks fall where they may!
A tertiary vehicle. Only summon-able by guitar solo available at Lvl 2. They are a weak freebie unit that gets summoned at the stage. They fling Metal Ticks at their enemies that suck blood until they burst. They have no Double Team and are very weak. But they have a slight healing effect around them. Use them to harass unguarded areas or cause confusion.

Lvl 3 Units

Overblesser
May I kneel...at your altar?
The Lvl 3 Production Unit. The Overblesser is the singular leader of the Coil's hierarchy class. He sits atop a huge four-legged alter and fires long range magical blasts like the Warfather.

Double Team: Builds Lvl 3 units. He can also make a Superior Warfather, which will make Superior Lvl 2 Units, and a Divine Battle Nun, which can make the very strongest possible Lvl 1 units.

Heart Cutter
I'm not worried! It's not MY heart.
A Ranged, Vehicular, Anti-Vehicle Unit. This car has a giant heart, that when stabbed, causes spikes to burst out of the ground, impaling infantry or vehicles. Vehicles in particular suffer severe damage.

Double Team: Doviculus takes the stabs instead, producing a cluster of spikes for more damage and wider range.

Hate Cage
WHAT-A-VIEW!
A Massive Ranged Infantry. The Hate Cage is really two distinct creatures - the gigantic (if mindless) legs and the caged demon, who is nothing more than a twisted lump of pure, unfiltered hate. It passively spits liquid hate at enemies, lowering defense. This unit has a disappointingly low amount of health though.

Double Team: Doviculus rides the cage and can stomp on enemies.

Final Unit

Bleeding Death

My child...COME OUT AND PLAY!
Tainted Coil's Final Unit. Prior to battle, the loathsome Bleeding Death is stuffed violently into its ballistic iron maiden. When the maiden is fired by the Coil's Pain Cannon and the Bleeding Death is finally unleashed upon the battlefield, it brings with it complete destruction. Mortally perforated by its prison, the creature slowly bleeds to death, even while bringing destruction to its foes.

Double Team: There is NO Double Team and it WILL NOT obey orders. When you perform Launch of Death, you can decide where it will land and start it's rampage. It's very powerful, but can be killed easily if your opponent is guarding the stage with fog and spotlights. Martyrdom will make it even more powerful.

HP Data - Courtesy of Kor
125q1y1.jpg
332uhx0.jpg

If one axe hit is 1 HP, and the Double Team attacks are more powerful, then you should STOP MASHING A!

Hints from Tim Schafer MASSIVE SPOILERS
http://www.doublefine.com/news/comments/battle_time/

Tim Schafer says if you treat this like an RTS, you're doing it wrong. Which makes sense. The strongest unit is you!

zippos.jpg

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
Cantido on

• fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thunderhogs, roll out!

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    LIVE GAMERTAGS
    Cantido
    Zerokku
    Klyka
    Binglescat
    Blackbeard7
    Mightyvvhitey
    Varxe
    Aegeri
    Pixillate
    InvertedSugar
    FortyPants
    Ober Trynant
    Kor of Memory
    GT Dretari
    LandoStander
    Quake Matt
    LoveIsUnity
    Fullmetal XZ
    LockedOnTarget
    Sambal Olek
    FinalCharge
    cornmonkey24
    blackgenma
    Tardsmack
    steelydanzig
    Poltergeist909
    Jakorian
    Dunxco
    Gizor Delso
    etamnanki
    spifomie
    FidgetyKnave
    Rubix42
    Tankless Thirst

PSN GAMERTAGS
    kurod007
    Toxic_Cizzle
    Malechai
    Discomite
    Antihippy
    Lord_Asmodeu
    xbigdoser
    lobus
    TheGerbil
    Elaro

Cantido on
  • blackgenmablackgenma Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    That art has the ugliest Eddie I've ever seen. definitely not "double fine".

blackgenma on
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.” - Albert Einstein
  • Sacred FatmanSacred Fatman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    King Brim just got pwned. i knew he would dc on me as soon as his stage was on fire, so i sent about 25 roadies to his base on the feeding area. They killed it so fast that by the time he dced on me i had already won. then he sent me a message saying how cheap i am.

Sacred Fatman on
    edited March 2010
    King Brim just got pwned. i knew he would dc on me as soon as his stage was on fire, so i sent about 25 roadies to his base on the feeding area. They killed it so fast that by the time he dced on me i had already won. then he sent me a message saying how cheap i am.

Send him this.

"Can you see how DCers LOVE me so?"

Because that's what I sent him. Shit, everybody send him this after your respective ass-whoopins.

Cantido on
    edited March 2010
    The thing is King brim always has some lame ass excuse for dcing once he said "my dog unplugged my console" who does he think hes fooling.

Sacred Fatman on
    edited March 2010
    The thing is King brim always has some lame ass excuse for dcing once he said "my dog unplugged my console" who does he think hes fooling.

He DCs on me before the match starts with me, over and over again, for about two months now, because I've whooped his ass so many times. I'm surprised you got to actually play with the fucker.

Cantido on
  • Drowned LegendDrowned Legend Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Never understood the point of DCing I did it earlier in my career sure, not anymore I came to the conclusion that, a rank is pointless when it comes down to it and people will respect you more for not DCing then if you DC, not your rank.

Drowned Legend on
    edited March 2010
    I added the important multiplayer "advice" from Bill Hicks. :winky:

Formatting fixed too. I couldn't grab the actual formatting when they locked the third thread, so this was a bit of a hassle.

Take one last step before you DIE!

Cantido on
    edited March 2010
    you know, the pic on the op is starting to grow on me. ugly facial expression on Eddie or not.

I love the lines the you character says when they get near the dirgible. it's like they get depressed. "I'm breaking up the army"

I'm currently working on bringing the GG2 script that you gave me forever ago to Gamefaqs. with spring break coming up next week, I'll see if I can't direct my attention to making a BL multiplayer Faq, I feel I'm good enough to write one now. no guarantees yet though, because writing this shit is time consuming, just transferring the GG2 script to the proper format takes hours.

blackgenma on
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.” - Albert Einstein
    edited March 2010
    Nah i dont dc on anyone mikey, infact you just beat me fair and square yesterday

Sacred Fatman on
    edited March 2010
    Sacred has never DC'd on me before, so I dont know.

Drowned Legend on
    edited March 2010
    no fidgetyknave is my new acount

Sacred Fatman on
    edited March 2010
    no one good plays brutal legend anymore :cry:

Do what I do!

Tell them to google the Penny Arcade Brutal Legend Guide. :D

Cantido on
  • warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just picked this up a couple of days ago. Going through the single player. I'll see about multiplayer after that

warder808 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2010
    i just played a guy on ps3 the lag was insane beat him frist time but he laged out before i could finish and then next game could not touch my nuns from the lag and he ended up making one roadie squad and killed my base while all of my units were there including a painlifter and they did not attack even tho they saw it i was very pissed off with the game but i am just glad to be a 360 player on another note i was dced on 6 times in a row by some boosters and now i lost my 32 and went all the way down to 30 yea for brutal legend i would like to be one to say when a game just got gay and now brutal legend is that game i am hereby quiting brutal legend i now see y kor lost respect for the game cantitdo u were a good player and i hope u keep playing cause ill be back someday

I'll still be playing because I don't give a shit about rank and leaderboard. I've waited years and years for a game to match Battlezone 1 and 2 and Brutal Legend is it. I'm gonna play it like I wont see the next one for another 10 years.

Cantido on
    edited March 2010
    i just played a guy on ps3 the lag was insane beat him frist time but he laged out before i could finish and then next game could not touch my nuns from the lag and he ended up making one roadie squad and killed my base while all of my units were there including a painlifter and they did not attack even tho they saw it i was very pissed off with the game but i am just glad to be a 360 player on another note i was dced on 6 times in a row by some boosters and now i lost my 32 and went all the way down to 30 yea for brutal legend i would like to be one to say when a game just got gay and now brutal legend is that game i am hereby quiting brutal legend i now see y kor lost respect for the game cantitdo u were a good player and i hope u keep playing cause ill be back someday

Its why you leave units back at your base xD
    Superior warfathers make for great defense against roadies... unless double teamed hmmmm

Drowned Legend on
    edited March 2010
    It may just be me but i think that i am dced on less now. i played about 15 matchs today and only got dced on once, but i think that was just lag because he was winning.

Sacred Fatman on
    edited March 2010
    It may just be me but i think that i am dced on less now. i played about 15 matchs today and only got dced on once, but i think that was just lag because he was winning.

Well there's always new people on, so it's good to play and take it easy on them. (Until they come near my units. Then I devour them.)

Don't kill n00bs

Cantido on
    edited March 2010
    Uh, wow. D:

Cantido on
  • Colly LeslieColly Leslie Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    this was my favroite thing ever a guy dced on me and said hes just gonna keep doing it because he is boosting lol

ok everyone look at rods video he makes fun of me, doviculus and king brim its on youtube under brutal victory me and doviculus almost wet r selfs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkgg-Ceoau0

omfg its so funny lol

lolwut.jpg

Colly Leslie on
    edited March 2010
    Tim Schafer tweets that he has a patch, but EA needs persuading to go through with it, but that was in response to a PS3 player.

Cantido on
  • FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I just found this and I think it captures the essence of Ironheade very well. It is a deep, meaningful contribution to music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXISKlQbWRc

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
    edited March 2010

do people not know how to write anymore?

I mean, holy shit. I feel kind of ashamed that I still go to this thread now. mickey, I talked to you before, you do not talk the way you write. you write like a toddler. please put more effort into this form of communication called "writing ". at least put use periods or, as Colly puts it "full stops". it's difficult to read what your saying.

anyway, I got the GG2 script out of the way (yes cantido, it's finally on gamefaqs now. let me know if you have a problem with anything on it.) and I was considering writing up a multiplayer guide for BL, that includes more detail then cantido's, and none of its fluff. I'll start getting on it by tonight, although I'm wondering whether it is worth making now.

I'm hoping to get into avatar combat, the role of your avatar, units, and maps and such. buzz saw combo and it's counters included. I have limited experience with 2 vs 2 and NO experience with 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4. I'll keep you guys updated on it's progress and share some pieces here and there before I finish it. I plan to submit it to gamefaqs. anybody have any suggestions on what they want to see on it, let me know.

blackgenma on
    edited March 2010
    I'm not gonna lie. I havent read a single thing he's said ever.

Cantido on
    edited March 2010
    blackgenma wrote: »

do people not know how to write anymore?

I mean, holy shit. I feel kind of ashamed that I still go to this thread now. mickey, I talked to you before, you do not talk the way you write. you write like a toddler. please put more effort into this form of communication called "writing ". at least put use periods or, as Colly puts it "full stops". it's difficult to read what your saying.

anyway, I got the GG2 script out of the way (yes cantido, it's finally on gamefaqs now. let me know if you have a problem with anything on it.) and I was considering writing up a multiplayer guide for BL, that includes more detail then cantido's, and none of its fluff. I'll start getting on it by tonight, although I'm wondering whether it is worth making now.

I'm hoping to get into avatar combat, the role of your avatar, units, and maps and such. buzz saw combo and it's counters included. I have limited experience with 2 vs 2 and NO experience with 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4. I'll keep you guys updated on it's progress and share some pieces here and there before I finish it. I plan to submit it to gamefaqs. anybody have any suggestions on what they want to see on it, let me know.

The bold part made me smile :), especially since its exactly what the massive pear in my last post said (except unlike me, you weren't patronising, condescending or "a bit of a dick" about it).

Colly Leslie on
    edited March 2010
    oh, so that's what the pear was laughing at. hehehe. goofy pear. I thought he was laughing at the video I didn't care to see. :lol:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had a problem reading his posts. I don't want to look like a grammar natzi, but there's a limit on just how bad someone can type their posts and not get ridiculed for it. damn near illegible. :rotate:

blackgenma on
    edited March 2010
    hows my grammer now????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I still can't read it. A mod will be around to proofread.

Cantido on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2010
    Banning him for spamming is nice because it removes any trace of him posting. Well, it does for you guys. I still see this shit.

A duck! on
    edited March 2010
    Thank you kindly. I hate it when those kinds of players find the guide.

Cantido on
  • CDiggityCDiggity Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Man, I encountered a wierd glitch, so I was using my "aggro screamwagon" strategy against some noob on feeding area, and I was riding around with like 3 headbangers stuck to my bumper, and then for some reason, my wagon started to accelerate well above the normal speed, it then hit a rock and literally flew into the water...almost out of the field of play, it got some distance lol. Im not sure what could cause that >_>

CDiggity on
    edited March 2010
    OREY BIZZLY dc'd on me. He spams Punishing Parties. I spammed Headbangers with the Summon Flag on me to compensate for TC's unit production, and he got devoured and disconnected in response.

I hope EA approves the next patch. I don't see why they wouldn't, BL is selling at a similar rate to Mirror's Edge.

Cantido on
  • CDiggityCDiggity Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Cantido wrote: »
    OREY BIZZLY dc'd on me. He spams Punishing Parties. I spammed Headbangers with the Summon Flag on me to compensate for TC's unit production, and he got devoured and disconnected in response.

I hope EA approves the next patch. I don't see why they wouldn't, BL is selling at a similar rate to Mirror's Edge.

Oh man, he did it to me twice, once after some dooms mire bridge shinanigans, and another time on dry ice for im not sure why.

CDiggity on
    edited March 2010
    just beat rob the destroyer. i don't see why people give him so much crap, he didn't disconnect or anything. He is rank 33 now which is insane.

Sacred Fatman on
    edited March 2010
    just beat rob the destroyer. i don't see why people give him so much crap, he didn't disconnect or anything. He is rank 33 now which is insane.

I remember the name. Perhaps he stopped DCing?

Cantido on
  • warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Finished the campaign. Any build orders or tips I should be aware of for the mulitplayer??

warder808 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2010
    I dont recall Rod ever disconnecting on me, but I dont know.
    I know Rod makes fun of other DC'ers haha ;D

Anyways I was doing some pondering and noticed, if you play through Brutal Legends you can find alot of cool and hidden stuff, like the puking headbangers or the graffiti Headbanger. And the Lore behind the game is amazing. What do you guys think?
    warder808 wrote: »
    Finished the campaign. Any build orders or tips I should be aware of for the mulitplayer??

Depends on your faction my friend

Drowned Legend on
    edited March 2010

Anyways I was doing some pondering and noticed, if you play through Brutal Legends you can find alot of cool and hidden stuff, like the puking headbangers or the graffiti Headbanger. And the Lore behind the game is amazing. What do you guys think?

Ironheade - In a map with two geysers by default, Headbanger, Razor, Headbanger. A thunderhog can wait until the fighting starts. In a 1 geyser default map, Headbanger, Razor, Thunderhog.

Drowning Doom - A lot of variety.

Tainted Coil - If you expect a highly aggressive avatar, build a punishing party first, and set an Agony Boil between the Battle Nun and the gestating unit. If they come near, light them up.

In fact, I like starting a match by setting an Agony Boil close, then standing next to it and commanding Defend, so the Battle Nun sits right by it.

Cantido on
  • Gizor DelsoGizor Delso Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Cantido wrote: »

Ironheade - In a map with two geysers by default, Headbanger, Razor, Headbanger. A thunderhog can wait until the fighting starts. In a 1 geyser default map, Headbanger, Razor, Thunderhog.

Drowning Doom - A lot of variety.

Tainted Coil - If you expect a highly aggressive avatar, build a punishing party first, and set an Agony Boil between the Battle Nun and the gestating unit. If they come near, light them up.

In fact, I like starting a match by setting an Agony Boil close, then standing next to it and commanding Defend, so the Battle Nun sits right by it.

that right there...is something I never thought of trying! I suppose it might discourage people from being as aggressive, but once that boil is gone... I may have to give it a go and see how it works for me.

Gizor Delso on
    edited March 2010

For the doom I normally go for Gravediggers first, followed by a Frightwig then another set of Diggers.

Once I get to 100 fans again, I put out 2 brides.

Usually that works.

Colly Leslie on
This discussion has been closed.