As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Free Month of Xbox Live

ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
edited March 2010 in Games and Technology
Saw this over at GAF and figured I'd post it here for those who don't frequent there.
Slayer-33 wrote:
NetFlix/Xbox Live is offering a free 1-month Xbox live code. Thanks wuzzy & unccjester

1. Click here
2. Enter code W2N4F9
3. Enter your email address and confirm it
4. Fill out the CAPTCHA field, and press submit

Note, it is one code per unique email/ip combination.

Zerokku on

• mantis23mantis23 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    worked great! Thanks!

mantis23 on
    0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sweet deal!

Thanks

UnbreakableVow on
  • jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thanks! I got the code. If I already have like 6 months of gold left, do I get an extra month on top of that, I would hate terrible goose shenanigans like it cancelling my prior 6 months, and making me only have one month left.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It should work like any other one month code.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Awesome! Thanks!

SirUltimos on
  • Penguin_OtakuPenguin_Otaku Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is it still going to charge me after this month is up since it says it's recharging it 4/20(lol)10?

Penguin_Otaku on
    sig-1.jpg
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is it still going to charge me after this month is up since it says it's recharging it 4/20(lol)10?

If it's set to auto-renew and any CC information is in your profile.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Kick ass, thank you!

Edit: Is this IP locked or what? i tried to redeem another time for my girlfriend and its no go?

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • Penguin_OtakuPenguin_Otaku Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Zephos wrote: »
    Kick ass, thank you!

Edit: Is this IP locked or what? i tried to redeem another time for my girlfriend and its no go?

IP and email have to be unique. Have her go to a library and do it or something.

Penguin_Otaku on
    sig-1.jpg
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Kick ass, thank you!

It does say that in the OP...so I'm going to guess, no. You are just unlucky.

Burtletoy on
  • ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    well i have my code (which wont add via xbox.com...) but i was trying to get a 2nd one for my girlfriend so we could rock out in L4D together online

Zephos on
  • KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Not having any knowledge of how one month codes usually work, does this just add on a free month if you're already in the middle of a one-year subscription?

Kris on
  • ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Kris wrote: »

Not having any knowledge of how one month codes usually work, does this just add on a free month if you're already in the middle of a one-year subscription?

Yes. Up to a total of 36 months.

Zerokku on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hmm

Just tried this from my iPhone

Didn't work there, said I reached the maximum amount already. Odd.

UnbreakableVow on
  • ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Looks like the promo already ended =/

Zerokku on
  • KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Zerokku wrote: »
    Kris wrote: »

Yes. Up to a total of 36 months.

Sweet! Thanks :D

D: Nooooo!

Kris on
    edited March 2010

I don't see where it says that. Only 'while supplies last'. Unless they didn't have many auto-generated codes to give away, that seems odd.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • smeejsmeej Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Says supplies have been depleted. :(

smeej on
    IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!
  • mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It says the supply is depleted if you try to get one now. I didn't make it in time :(

mntorankusu on
    edited March 2010
    There's probably a daily limit. I only saw an add for this on the dashboard today and it makes no sense for this to be a one day only thing.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited March 2010
    could they possibly shut it down considering this is somewhat of an exploit?

Zephos on
    edited March 2010
    How is it an exploit?

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited March 2010
    I'm hypothesizing (I.E. Guessing wildly) that it was supposed to be a basically 1 time use code for netflix subscribers. So when the server gets hammered with multiple repeat requests that might raise some flags.

Zephos on
    edited March 2010
    The rules didn't say anything about who was specifically eligible beyond unique e-mail and IP address. It's a promotional tool to hopefully get people to subscribe to both XBL and Netflix.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited March 2010
    hrmm, i was under the impression that you originally got the code from subscribing to netflix in the first place, hence my current hypothesis.

Zephos on
    edited March 2010
    hrmm, i was under the impression that you originally got the code from subscribing to netflix in the first place, hence my current hypothesis.

Perhaps in this case the code in the OP is what is the problem. You probably obtain this code through the dashboard link then enter the info on the website. Anybody with Silver access can access the dashboard stuff. (Unless this is crazily only for already-Gold subscribers...)

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited March 2010
    long story short, i cant hook my xbox to see if my code works on the dashboard just yet, but i shall in a little bit.

Zephos on
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Where in the dash would you go for this code?

Xeddicus on
    edited March 2010
    press the guide button, over to the left 2 tabs, redeem code at the bottom. (this did redeem for me, might have to tell all my friends to do it for me when it comes back up, wouldn't mind a few extra months free hah.)

if you mean to actually get the code, I'm not sure.

Zephos on
  • PilgrimPilgrim Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, looks like the Captcha is fucked up, no matter how i try to enter the code I get a message telling me that I need to complete all the highlighted fields to continue.

Pilgrim on
  • KuratosuKuratosu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, it's probably done now. I know the people at GAF were doing it multiple times and stacking them to have LIVE up until 2011/2012.

Kuratosu on
    Click spoiler for Backloggery, and gamer info:
    sig.gif
    Gamer Tag: LeeWay0
    PSN: Leeway0
  • FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    How is it an exploit?

don't you get the netflix code after subscribing to netflix and not have it freely shown everywhere just to get free months.

Fuga on
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well, I did have mine redeem just fine. I guess there's some advantage to staying up until unholy times in the morning.

SirUltimos on
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It says it is now depleted.

Oh well.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
    edited March 2010
    Fuga wrote: »
    How is it an exploit?

don't you get the netflix code after subscribing to netflix and not have it freely shown everywhere just to get free months.

That is probably an exploit. But not the offer itself. Which is what I thought he was originally talking about. Now, I'm not so sure since my theory above on how to get the code doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe it's for new Netflix subscribers and GAF killed it somehow...

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The first time this showed up it had no restrictions whatsoever. It got killed pretty quick once SlickDeals got wind of it. The second time around it was linked to your IP address, but that's still easy to work around. They probably should have linked this to your Netflix account.

Shady3011 on