As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East Assassins! Updated Feb 22 - [41]

• LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I've done a small painting of Post 217 from Scribblenauts, cos I like it!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • DreadPirateAmyDreadPirateAmy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Singollo wrote: »
    You will need to register first this will give you a wordpass account and should be able to order. MarsChelios may have to hand deliver it for you as well. If your still having issues after registration make sure you contact MarsChelios

I already ordered them and have them in hand. But then we're supposed to register the kits, yes?

DreadPirateAmy on
  • SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You will need to register first this will give you a wordpass account and should be able to order. MarsChelios may have to hand deliver it for you as well. If your still having issues after registration make sure you contact MarsChelios

I already ordered them and have them in hand. But then we're supposed to register the kits, yes?

Yes you will want to register your kit. This does two things 1) lets you enter your kills and intel. 2) places you onto the leader board.

Ps if i recall all the badges are listed in the system even if not registered to allow for claiming kills and intel. But still register your kit with your profile you can do it now as no one will know what you have

Singollo on
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I received my kit yesterday but was unable to take a peak at it yet. Working insane hours currently due to the Northeastern storms.

Rdr on
  • SrolSrol Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Got my badge today in the mail =D

Srol on
  • 50 More Trash50 More Trash Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm sad I found out about this late... did anyone try to contact the good folks of Steve Jackson games about this? After all, they wrote the book on it. I remember a Killer/Assassin game we ran back in college, the paranoid administration actually ended up banning the game from the school since they thought the game would make the school look bad... of course, we kept playing after the ban... just in secret.

50 More Trash on
    edited March 2010
    I don't know when Steve Jackson Games wrote that book but this is a really old game. I played it way back in grade school.

Rdr on
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, according to wikipedia, the book's first edition was 1982... but they're quick to mention in the book that they didn't invent the game, they just thought it would be cool to provide some of the ideas and rules (and rules variants) that they had encountered or come up with. I had a copy back in college, and there's some cool stuff. One of my favorites was to take a photo of the person, paint a crosshairs on it, and then email it to the game moderator and the player telling them they've been sniped. (wouldn't work in this game though, too much admin I'd think). A friend of mine had a huge telephoto lens and got all his kills this way. It was awesome.

50 More Trash on
  • MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    Hey, I was about to order kits for me and all my friends today, but I wasnt able to order an upgrade kit along with non upgrade kits... Is there any way for me to do this so that I save money on shipping?

I'll see what I can do. I'll have extra kits at the convention so you can always get the upgrade from me then. I'll be closing shipping shortly as its getting th the time where it may not amke it in time.

Registration is optional and only if you want to track your kills online. If you have any problems let me know and I'll sort it out.
    I'm sad I found out about this late...

It's never too late! Let me know if you still want to play, I'll have kits at the convention and can get one to you then.

MarsChelios on
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey, MarsChelios, did you post mine and lewie's kits? Cos they've not arrived yet, and we leave on Monday at 5:30 am! The post is rubbish here, though, things take a week - 10 days to get to the States, and about a week to arrive here from the States.

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • FacelesscogFacelesscog Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'd really love to try this...but with me acting as the Mobile Weapons Platform for the Cookie Brigade, I think I'll be entirely TOO visible and easy to kill. :) Maybe next year.

Facelesscog on
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What about the pre-PAX dinner, is that a safe zone?

As far as I'm concerned, and I'm the one running it, yes. Because there will be several hundred people in this restaurant as well as servers moving around and while I'm sure everyone will be sensible about this I don't want to deal with the fallout if someone is an silly goose.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Assassins doesn't technically start until PAX opens on Friday anyway.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What about the pre-PAX dinner, is that a safe zone?

As far as I'm concerned, and I'm the one running it, yes. Because there will be several hundred people in this restaurant as well as servers moving around and while I'm sure everyone will be sensible about this I don't want to deal with the fallout if someone is an silly goose.
    In addition to what Moe said, if you have to worry about too many people around, or perhaps too much stuff around that's breakable when you're having an assassins game, you're doing it wrong. Assassinations in this game are supposed to be civil and subtle, one person telling another that they're dead, no wild shows or any of that business!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
    edited March 2010
    Hey, MarsChelios, did you post mine and lewie's kits? Cos they've not arrived yet, and we leave on Monday at 5:30 am! The post is rubbish here, though, things take a week - 10 days to get to the States, and about a week to arrive here from the States.

Ack! I checked my car today and found your package behind the backseat. I'll make sure to get it to you at the Pre PAX Dinner and refund the shipping cost.

MarsChelios on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

Ack! I checked my car today and found your package behind the backseat. I'll make sure to get it to you at the Pre PAX Dinner and refund the shipping cost.

dig deeper, mine might still be in there! :lol:

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • SrolSrol Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I was wondering if maybe at some future PAX if you could maybe put QR codes on those cards you get after killing someone that would take a smartphone straight to the Web page to enter in the kill?

Srol on
    edited March 2010
    ya I thought I had my kit the other day but my roommate was incorrect.

Still waiting. Although Google Checkout told me it shipped today. Hope I get it before PAX.

Rdr on
  • furtivespyfurtivespy Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Google checkout told me it shipped the same day i got it, so there's that.

furtivespy on
    edited March 2010
    furtivespy wrote: »

Ah, ok. Hope its there today then. My friend who lives a mile away from me received his kit on Tuesday.

Rdr on
  • theamazingy2theamazingy2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is it too late to sign up for this?

theamazingy2 on
    edited March 2010
    Is it too late to sign up for this?

No. Sign up for it and he'll have a kit for you at PAX. :)

Rdr on
    edited March 2010
    furtivespy wrote: »

Same. I just got mine yesterday. Can't say I'm excited about the simplicity of the pattern, but I've never managed to make a kill in the past, so I'm sure nothing will change!

Still trying to come up with a good piece of loot, though.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    edited March 2010
    Still haven't received mine. I hope it gets here Monday or Tuesday.

Rdr on
  • browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    got mine yesterday! can't wait! though i am probably going to suck hardcore since it's my first time...i'll be in the queue room and someone will kill me before i even get into the con...lol.

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • R3cursiveR3cursive Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I just bought a kit, I'm pretty excited :D

R3cursive on
  • SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    got mine yesterday! can't wait! though i am probably going to suck hardcore since it's my first time...i'll be in the queue room and someone will kill me before i even get into the con...lol.

if im not mistaken that's a safe zone. Though i will say doesn't mean they cant take note then hunt you down once your out of that zone. Plus your talking roughly 35 out of 20,000 it is going to be a challenge. Though should be very exiting and fun at the same time

Singollo on
    edited March 2010
    my kit is registered! ty for the help, mars.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    edited March 2010
    My friends and I just found out about this a week ago or so... for sure its too late to register... but is there any other way we could help out or participate?

50 More Trash on
  • KjeldorKjeldor Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    yeah, i'm interested in participating if i can get a kit at/before PAX.

Kjeldor on
    edited March 2010
    I made up 72 kits for this game so I'll have some extra ones at the show. We're running low on the large badge holders but I have some velcro pieces that should lengthen the smaller ones.

If you're interested in playing, shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll send you some info on how to get in touch with me before or during the convention.

MarsChelios on
    edited March 2010

if im not mistaken that's a safe zone. Though i will say doesn't mean they cant take note then hunt you down once your out of that zone. Plus your talking roughly 35 out of 20,000 it is going to be a challenge. Though should be very exiting and fun at the same time

true...I didn't think about the overall footprint of assassins vs everyone else being so small. and if the queue room is safe that'd be sweet.

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • HunterAngelHunterAngel Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    When can i register kills?

HunterAngel on
    Monty: Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't I been inside you?
    edited March 2010
    i haven't seen anyone else yet with an armband :(

Kjeldor on
    edited March 2010
    I killed the only person I've found

HunterAngel on
    edited March 2010
    got a kill today and took down several numbers for intel but the site doesn't seem to be allowing us to register kills/intel yet... any idea when it will?

browncoatbeth on

edited March 2010
    Hmm the event is listed I still cannot register a kill. I am worried that if I cannot register the kill that if i get killed today, i'll loose points

HunterAngel on
    edited March 2010
    Unfortunately it looks like there was some data loss in our database yesterday/today that's causing the issue. I'm contacting the server admins to see if they can backup the data but its looking like the online scoring may be down until then. I'll update you when I hear from them.

The game still works the same, it's built actually to be independent from the site system. In the meantime, email me your Badge Code/Death Code combinations (Assassinations) and Badge Code (Secondary Kills) to phillip@phenixone.com. If I have to I'll do the scoring manually unil the DB is fixed.

Update: Issue fixed, backup restored! You should now be able to register kills. Let me know on here or by PM if you have any other issues. Thanks for playing!

MarsChelios on
  • KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Only armband I've seen is the guy I came with. He got keeled though!

Someday I will see a possible target!

Kiashien on
    The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
    edited March 2010
    one out of our group of three got killed right as we left the concert last night, very stealthy assassin! takes some guts to approach a group of three, but sadly he wasnt a target for any of us.

Kjeldor on
This discussion has been closed.