As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Company 2: Boring Title

• Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Make your own achievments I say.

Play the level with the controller up side down and beat it with in 9 minutes.

Then reward yourself with two Starbursts.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TKaneTKane Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Make your own achievments I say.

Play the level with the controller up side down and beat it with in 9 minutes.

Then reward yourself with two Starbursts.

Too bad there's no option to disable crosshairs.

TKane on
    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I propose a new Angry Dome Rule:

Connery30 is allowed to use any weapon as long as he continues to talk on Vent.

All in Favor?

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Kendrik wrote: »

All in Favor?

Add Klyka to that list and you have my vote.

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    The banhammer drops have started

One PaglioSnarf is already banned. 8-)

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    The banhammer drops have started

One PaglioSnarf is already banned. 8-)

Oh, PunkBuster actually doing something besides kicking legit players and letting Hackers hack.

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SigtyrSigtyr Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    One of those aimbotters has a USMC clan tag.

That is hilarious.

Sigtyr on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Warcry wrote: »
    The SVU is fantastic for Squad Deathmatch.

I feel like James Bond
    Too bad James Bond got his ass handed to him by the dude with the VSS. :winky:

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    GhaziGhazi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If you're like me, you went a picked up BC2 as soon as you got paid the Friday after its release because you were sick and fucking tired of playing MW2 and getting called a "cock gobbling faggot mother fucking rim sniffer" by eight year olds running around with noob tubes on a red bar connection. Also, if you're like me, only one of you MW2 buddies that you've been gaming with since Halo 2 went out and bought BC2. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to find 1 more person out of my entire XBL friends list who is playing BC2. Why people are still subjecting themselves to the verbal and gameplay abuse of MW2 astounds me.

Anyway, I'm looking for only 2 more squad mates! If all your MW2 buddies remain as such, masochistically plugging away to tenth prestige, and you're looking for some decent squadmates, send me a friend request. I'm finding that playing with pugs usually leads to a loss (no surprise there) and that most people are still trying desperately to preserve the K/D ratio in spite of their W/L ratio.

XBL gamertag Jeb of Arabia

Cheers

Ghazi on
    Jeb%20Of%20Arabia.png
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Are those global bans from the EA Master Server, or just individual server bans?

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Are those global bans from the EA Master Server, or just individual server bans?

They're bans from Punkbuster. So they should be banned from all PB enabled servers.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nomad-ITA is in that list! I knew that guy hacked, he just did it in a very subtle way, but I was getting killed by him a little too much.

Edit: With EA_Admin and DICE_Test being there, I wonder if that guy EA Battlefield is somewhere around there? :P

I love it how those people use those names so if people call them out for hacking they just go "I'm an Admin and I'm testing out hacks so I can ban them" haha.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ghazi wrote: »
    If you're like me, you went a picked up BC2 as soon as you got paid the Friday after its release because you were sick and fucking tired of playing MW2 and getting called a "cock gobbling faggot mother fucking rim sniffer" by eight year olds running around with noob tubes on a red bar connection. Also, if you're like me, only one of you MW2 buddies that you've been gaming with since Halo 2 went out and bought BC2. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to find 1 more person out of my entire XBL friends list who is playing BC2. Why people are still subjecting themselves to the verbal and gameplay abuse of MW2 astounds me.

Anyway, I'm looking for only 2 more squad mates! If all your MW2 buddies remain as such, masochistically plugging away to tenth prestige, and you're looking for some decent squadmates, send me a friend request. I'm finding that playing with pugs usually leads to a loss (no surprise there) and that most people are still trying desperately to preserve the K/D ratio in spite of their W/L ratio.

XBL gamertag JebofArabia

Cheers

Getting a 'The gamertag you entered does not exist on Xbox LIVE.' for JebofArabia.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    strategerystrategery Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sladvan wrote: »
    MagicPrime wrote: »

They're bans from Punkbuster. So they should be banned from all PB enabled servers.

Didn't PB implement some system way back when that assigned a unique identifier to the hardware in your system, and would ban you across all PB enabled games if you got caught hacking in just one game?

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Not like any servers actually use PB.

And the tickbox in the server browser to filter out servers not using PB doesn't work, so even if there were servers running PB, you can't find them.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    GhaziGhazi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Ghazi wrote: »

XBL gamertag JebofArabia

Cheers

Getting a 'The gamertag you entered does not exist on Xbox LIVE.' for JebofArabia.

Yeah, My gamertag is in fact Jeb of Arabia. Sorry about that.

Ghazi on
    Jeb%20Of%20Arabia.png
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The Angry Dome is The Empty Dome.

That's freaking me out, man.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Kendrik wrote: »

All in Favor?

After the exchange last night, yes.

After Connery30 crashes his heli in the attacker base in Port Valdez, part 3, I kill him in his weakend/disoriented state. Not sure what I said, but some mild, teasing mocking.

Connery30: Machismo, would you do me a favor? (mind you, he says everything in that awesome Sean Connery sounding voice with al the wit from the SNL impersonator)
    Random Voice: ANYTHING FOR YOU!
    Me: Sure, whatcha need?
    Connery30:
    Would you tell your mother that the safety word for tonight is "Blow me".

And so begins a solid minute of laughter of vent from all.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Beltaine wrote: »

And the tickbox in the server browser to filter out servers not using PB doesn't work, so even if there were servers running PB, you can't find them.

Hey, there's a boolean error with the punkbuster tick box. Checking it makes it find servers not using PB. Yeah, pretty crazy huh!

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Hey, there's a boolean error with the punkbuster tick box. Checking it makes it find servers not using PB. Yeah, pretty crazy huh!

The person(s) that wrote the server browser need to get some training in proper software development. Amazing how many errors are in there.
    Even the UI is screwed up when it is showing experience to next weapon or whatever, it always looks like you're close because it is either nonlinear or it scales off the right border.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I love my knife mmmmmmmm

M.D. on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    for me, angry dome being empty is like, the barometer indicating that EA servers are about to crash and burn.

though I guess to be fair this is the point where continental US/Canada are at school/work/whatever

the best last night was when a bunch of us were trying to get the hind(?) on valdez and in the tussle the copter got damaged, so when a squad mate and I both got in and took off, connery tried to switch to his wrench to fix the damage done but instead he swapped to his Carl G and blew off our tail rotor, causing us to crash and burn like 30 feet from the helipad :(

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Slav the next time you are on at the same time was [WUTANG] coal, would you kick that fucker if he gets in a chopper more then once?

Everytime I've played a match with him he gets in the chopper and then flies it to an mcom, lands it, and gets out. Such a waste of a chopper.

Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    soal has a fundamentally different set of priorities to the rest of the world.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I leave it unchecked, then look at Server Info before joining. Its not foolproof, as I still end up in servers without PB, but it rarely takes more than 1 or 2 tries. I also search for Chicago, or other common US hosting cities, instead of relying on the defunct ping.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I leave it unchecked, then look at Server Info before joining. Its not foolproof, as I still end up in servers without PB, but it rarely takes more than 1 or 2 tries. I also search for Chicago, or other common US hosting cities, instead of relying on the defunct ping.

You join servers that aren't the Dome?! You two timer!

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

When The Dome goes down I am left with a void in my heart.

I've actually found two pubs that are decent to play on. They try to keep teams balanced, and have an abundance of regulars. Its like being in a parallel universe.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    I prefer improved optics on the UAV. Being able to sit further away from the action improves the chances you won't get shot at.

Also, finding things in the environment to hide behind helps. Not gonna reveal my UAV hidey spots until I get a gold star for it as well. :)

So much fun dropping a hellfire on a pack of 3 snipers sitting up on a hill somewhere.

I got a quad kill the other day.

Offense. Someone set a charge and four guys go to disarm it. A hellfire missile wrecks their shit before they even get a chance.

Sheep on
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

Yeah, Once I got Angry Dome on my favorites, I was DONE. I don't think I could go back to pub servers.

My wife is needle-pointing a wallhanging for me: "Dome Sweet Dome"

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So this is wayyyyyyy late, but sorry about cutting out in the last portion of the round we were playing on Friday, XBL people. I can't remember everyone in the squad but I wanna say Sanguine and Tridus were in there. I didn't realize what time it was and I had to leave rightfuckingnow. :(

Should be back on tonight though.

PS: I'm liking anti-tank mines. They're more fun than the RPG.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    BlakoutBlakout Lordran's SpookylandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So I just realized that it's not called Africa Harbor. Huh.

Also I got the M16 Bronze Star and I don't even have it unlocked yet woo.

Blakout on
  • Options
    bombboybombboy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    CGboy checking in. I'm almost done with Engi, I promise to shoot hugs and kisses from my rocket launcher for the immediate future.

bombboy on
    XBL - BombBoyGT | PSN - BombBoyGT | Steam - BombBoy | BF4
  • Options
    KnorreKnorre Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    bombboy wrote: »
    CGboy checking in. I'm almost done with Engi, I promise to shoot hugs and kisses from my rocket launcher for the immediate future.

Ooooooooooooooo hugs and kisses <3

Knorre on
    Knorreworst.png
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Almost done with the medic track. Just need to open up the MG3, then I guess I'll work on Engi. There are definitely some maps (mostly vehicle heavy ones) where I see the engi as more useful than the medic.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    IsidoreIsidore Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    All I have left is Medic. T88in' to the end.

Or at least until I get the MG36, which I'm told is boss.

Isidore on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Isidore wrote: »
    All I have left is Medic. T88in' to the end.

Or at least until I get the MG36, which I'm told is boss.

It's boss, but not as boss as the M60. Yah yah, the M60 is cheese-o-matic, but I am a terrible player. I give myself the self-imposed handicap adjustment of using the M60 without feeling much guilt. My K/D ratio is still plenty negative.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I probably get more kills with the CG now than with my SMGs+G3. If I don't use the CG, I get sniped with a M60 or 1-shotted with a 40mm. If you want to be an effective engineer, there is no alternative any more.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I hope they fix the MG36 so that its red dot acts like the perk red dot and lets you have some peripheral vision, instead of acting like a sniper scope and obscuring the periphery.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I hope they fix the MG36 so that its red dot acts like the perk red dot and lets you have some peripheral vision, instead of acting like a sniper scope and obscuring the periphery.

that's sort of built into the mg36 the way it is. If you want the red dot like the other red dots take the red dot attachment.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Good times last night. At some point my client crashed for some reason and I decided that was time to go to bed. Woke up this morning and when I blinked I saw the game's crosshairs. I think I played too much.

To those of you that get stuck on a team with me, I'm trying to get better, really. I'm just not very good. Well, apparently I'm amazing at being an engineer and repairing vehicles.

Bolthorn on