As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Company 2: Boring Title

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Steam downloaded an update for this, but there are no update news. Does anyone know what that's about?

Peewi on
  • Options
    Lionel-RichieLionel-Richie Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    How does it take this long to fix autobalance? I mean honestly? Or the M60? THAT is just a value change!

Hey EADice, stop fondling your laurels for a second before I become supar bitter.

Lionel-Richie on
  • Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Isidore wrote: »
    All I have left is Medic. T88in' to the end.

Or at least until I get the MG36, which I'm told is boss.

It's boss, but not as boss as the M60. Yah yah, the M60 is cheese-o-matic, but I am a terrible player. I give myself the self-imposed handicap adjustment of using the M60 without feeling much guilt. My K/D ratio is still plenty negative.

Terrible players who use the M60 probably don't help themselves by relying on a crutch. "I know, instead of getting better at the game, I'll just use an OP weapon to compensate!" Same with the CG. Instead of learning how SMGs handle, it's just spam spam spam.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sladvan wrote: »

It's boss, but not as boss as the M60. Yah yah, the M60 is cheese-o-matic, but I am a terrible player. I give myself the self-imposed handicap adjustment of using the M60 without feeling much guilt. My K/D ratio is still plenty negative.

Terrible players who use the M60 probably don't help themselves by relying on a crutch. "I know, instead of getting better at the game, I'll just use an OP weapon to compensate!" Same with the CG. Instead of learning how SMGs handle, it's just spam spam spam.

Says Mr 40 mike mike. 8-)

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think this bears repeating:

To easily add some PA servers (Angry Dome in particular) to your Favorites tab, edit GameSettings.ini (Found in MyDocs/BFBC2) and add:
    75443431,958a33dd-6071-4f61-bb1e-bfe803481ae5,The Angry Dome;3789002014,22595a7b-ccf6-404f-97ea-b854175e34d4,Penny Arcade West Coast Server;2408473747,c8876d1f-8914-4edd-a77e-b63930390661,Black House Combat [Seattle];

That'll add The Angry Dome, PA West Coast, and Black House Combat. I couldn't find any mention of the other PA servers while digging around for these. This should go in the OP. Also, add Zetty to the PC-EA Account Thing.

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

Or maybe I just don't care? I get home from work and jump on BC2 for an hour or two of stress relief after my kid goes to bed. If "relying on a crutch" means I get to enjoy myself a little more, oh well. I promise I won't lose any sleep over it.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    How does it take this long to fix autobalance? I mean honestly? Or the M60? THAT is just a value change!

Hey EADice, stop fondling your laurels for a second before I become supar bitter.

For the M60, they're probably figuring out how much they need to nerf it (damage? accuracy? automatic ban once you reach 500 kills?)

As for auto balance, I really have no clue why that hasn't been fixed server-side. It even worked better in the beta :x
    ...Says Mr 40 mike mike.
    'Tis a scarlet letter Slad ;-)

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    sladvan's k/d isn't even above 1!
    also updated OP with zetx's dumb information

tyrannus on
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

Or they are working their way towards a platinum star with every weapon. I know I am generally going to stick with one weapon per class once everything in unlocked.

edit: Until I unlock the platinum star for the weapon in question. Then I'll move to another one. Rinse-repeat.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I like the T88 a whole lot. The sizeable clip combined with my favourite ironsights in the game mean I have two slots for delicious perks free. It's all I use for medic any more.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The title of 'Favorite Weapon', previously held by my combat knife, has been usurped by the SPAS12.

I only started using it on Saturday.

This thing is amazing.

EDIT: JAUNTY GET ON STEAM

Warcry on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    jefe414 wrote: »

Or they are working their way towards a platinum star with every weapon. I know I am generally going to stick with one weapon per class once everything in unlocked.

edit: Until I unlock the platinum star for the weapon in question. Then I'll move to another one. Rinse-repeat.

I think you missed the whole terrible players part. In my adventures of asking people to curb M60/CG/40mm spam the line I get most often is "I'm bad, it's ok if I use it." ( Looking at you, Veitsev ) But way to get defensive about it!

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Jaunty wrote: »
    I like the T88 a whole lot. The sizeable clip combined with my favourite ironsights in the game mean I have two slots for delicious perks free. It's all I use for medic any more.

I actually prefer the M249 but I get your point.

jefe414 on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Steam now says what the update was.
    ■Server browser downloads 100 entries instead of 500 in a chunk this makes the Cancel button more responsive

■Fixed crash during server browser refresh

■Low-level networking library switched back to the optimized version (the game client was temporarily running with one that had more debugging logic in it)

■Localization fixes in the scoreboard

■Server browser ping handling code modified

Peewi on
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Warcry wrote: »
    The title of 'Favorite Weapon', previously held by my combat knife, has been usurped by the SPAS12.

This thing is amazing.

WARCRY I WILL ONCE I GET BACK FROM CAMPUS

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You know, the novelty of shooting an entire fucking clip into someone's back at point blank range and having them not only not die but then turn around and one-shot me while I'm re-fucking-loading wears off surprisingly fucking quickly.

Also, I'm living proof that using an "overpowered" weapon doesn't make you less shitty of a player.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Jaunty wrote: »
    Warcry wrote: »

This thing is amazing.

WARCRY I WILL ONCE I GET BACK FROM CAMPUS

CHRIST

FUCK

I want to shoot you with ma SPAS

Warcry on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    You know, the novelty of shooting an entire fucking clip into someone's back at point blank range and having them not only not die but then turn around and one-shot me while I'm re-fucking-loading wears off surprisingly fucking quickly.

Also, I'm living proof that using an "overpowered" weapon doesn't make you less shitty of a player.

That must be some bug you've run into! Shooting someone 20+ times point blank and not missing a shot and having your target not die, only to have 100 damage done to you as they shrug the massive amount of lead you have put into them. Or maybe that guy is hacking. I suggest FRAPS'ing it and reporting that guy to DICE!

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

That must be some bug you've run into! Shooting someone 20+ times point blank and not missing a shot and having your target not die, only to have 100 damage done to you as they shrug the massive amount of lead you have put into them. Or maybe that guy is hacking. I suggest FRAPS'ing it and reporting that guy to DICE!

Sarcasm, thy name is Sladvan.

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    so, how would you jerks feel about disabling the kill-cam on the angry dome

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    tyrannus wrote: »

I am against any move that encourages and aides a sniper's (notice, not recon) ability to camp.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Terrible. I've been playing in Aussie servers all night and half of them have killcam turned off. Killcam is an easy way to spot hackers and glitchers, it needs to be on.

Warcry on
  • Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    not sure what it was about last night, but i was a snipin fool... and i nailed 5 pilots out of choppers, and one gunner. it was nuts.... its so funny watching the heli's fall after i fire at it.

dav3yb on
    PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I do not understand how a pilot can be flying in a way that lets them be sniped. Do they just park the goddamn chopper somewhere and assume everything will work out?

Khavall on
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm wondering how queuing for a match works on the consoles. Is it possible to get into one that is near the end? I'm guessing so, but I'm wondering if it "prefers" new comers for matches that are just starting. The reason I ask is because for the past few days I'll be damned if I've been in any with more than 8 or 9 people per side. It also never seems to grow beyond those numbers. No big deal, but I miss the 12 on 12 chaos that took place in the first couple of weeks.

So, server balancing? Restrictive queuing policy? Popularity already waning? I dunno, but I want more peeps to pew pew!

Undead Monkey on
    SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Is there a large damage per bullet discrepancy between the 360 and PC?

jefe414 on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    That HIND area is such a bottleneck. You have a flat hill side with three MG emplacements facing it as well as that hind flying around.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    A dev said on twitter to hold the use button down as you approach an MCOM to avoid grabbing kits. Apparently, you default to disarm/arm the MCOM.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I am against any move that encourages and aides a sniper's (notice, not recon) ability to camp.

This. Though we don't have as many problems with hill snipers as we used to (its more M60/CG/40mm now :P), it would probably get bad again without killcams.

Jerk.

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Started working on recon the last week. Didn't want to suck it up on the Dome, but I'll be back now that I've got my bearings with it. Just pulled off a marksman headshot of +372 on a pubbie. I think I'm getting the hang of this.

Also: I've yet to find a sniper rifle better than the M24, and I'm almost up to the GOL.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think disabling the kill cam also disables being able to see what is going on with squadmates in the spawn screen. At least that's how it has been for me every time I've joined a server with no kill cam.

There's also the sniper issue.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    Lionel-RichieLionel-Richie Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah. Having to spawn blind on squad mates is ridiculous. The kill cam in BFBc2 isn't even that obnoxious with how big the maps are.

Lionel-Richie on
  • Options
    krylon666krylon666 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I've been trying to read through the whole thread, but between playing the game and you guys posting like bastards I'm only on page 53. Anyway, please add me to the list of 360 players my GT is the same: krylon666 - I'm down to play with whoever so just send me an invite.

I managed to get the veteran status working yesterday and unlocked my M1 Garand. Ah man that rifle is nice. I've been using it on my assault/recon classes during the attack phase of rush. Sneaking into the mcom, place 6 C4s on it, arm it, then wait... if it looks like its going to get disarmed I blow the charges killing the defenders. If not, I blow the charges near the last seconds to rack up bonus points for damage.

krylon666 on
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah. Having to spawn blind on squad mates is ridiculous. The kill cam in BFBc2 isn't even that obnoxious with how big the maps are.

Without killcam, it still indicates on the map where they are.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Machismo wrote: »

Without killcam, it still indicates on the map where they are.

Without the spawn cam though, you won't be able to see whether you'll be spawning into instant death or not.

CarbonFire on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

That's stupid

Don't do it!

tofu on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Uh yeah, thanks for that.

Heaven forbid I complain about wonky hit detection or discrepancy in weapons effectiveness at close/medium range.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I am cool with that, but I have yet to contribute financially.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I thank whoever brought up Red-Dot M95. It's so retardedly funny to use on the winter night map. Also, I think being an asshat and then having it blamed on someone else because they were doing it earlier yesterday :D

Highlights Yesterday:
    Sniping the guy on the jet ski as he is trying to hit me. I headshot him and the jey ski flies over my head. It was the thing action movies are made of.

Sitting on the other side of the broken down truck, using the enemies ammo/health kits. as they fire from the other side of it. I call a mortar down on myself, run out to draw them out and then watch as shit blows up.

Chasing the Apache with my UAV and while Warcry is trying to dodge it he gets nailed by a heavy tank from the opposite side. I believe it went something like "Watch out for that UAV, Here is comes again, dodge it.. *BOOM* what the fuck where did. Damnit"

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Masume wrote: »
    I love it when Goombie threatens to kick me because he ate my CG. Yes, real mature.

I dunno, according to the stats o matic site, (which is a day old mind you), you have 45 kills with the CG, 8 with the RPG, and 5 with the AT4. You've basically double the kills with the CG than you do any other SMG. Sounds like you main it to me. I will look again when the stats update. Maybe you've adjusted your playstyle?

...Pardon my french, but when the fuck did it become a house rule that you can't use the CG to freaking kill people as a main choice? What the hell is the difference compared to oh, grenade spamming (Which was what we were fighting against, nice way to pad the scores there) or using an M60 in general? the CG is an anti INFANTRY rocket, it's what it's supposed to do. Considering I use the damn thing to snipe folks that the SMG's can't hit, I damn well will use that compared to pecking at that from range. I'll even use it to hit someone in the face from ten yards off.

I got it, stop maining those tanks too! I mean, those shells are totally unfair. But hey, the M60's are fine.

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume