As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Happies, Hates, Hopes and Preparation H

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: Item drop rates in ICC25

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    HATE: Professor Putricide.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    FEZ

nerdrage: thought some of the 9 randoms on my side would know what the fuck they were doing. 5 minutes and not one obelisk was built. fricking 9 people mining (think starcraft SCV) and not one obelisk built (think starcraft pylon/overlord) what the hell. ruined the whole match

more hate: apparently other nations are making alts to join out nation and sabotage like the shit I listed previous. amounst other things (hording resources and not handing them out, runing into death, building limited structures in easy to kill places)

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    PitaParkerPitaParker Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    hate: So this warlock decides he going to start doing the pulls with shadowbolts and I just stand there and watch him die. He yells at me to learn how to tank and that I'm pulling too slow. So I explain to him what it means when the healer states "OOM" and he calls me a kid.

Right after that I get randomed normal Azjol Nerub, we wipe on the first bosses trash THREE times because the rogue keeps running into all three groups because his "computer is fucked". So we finally get to the first boss and it takes forever to kill it. So afterward I check the dps meter, I (DK tank) am on top and this rogue pulled a mind blowing 195dps! My fucking resto druid can do more then that in tree form. He then starts begging the group to let him need on the boots from the next boss, when there were no other leather wearers in the group. I just left.

TLDNR: Random dungeon finder is going to give me a brain aneurysm.

PitaParker on
  • Options
    RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: My buddies and I have been pugging ICC 10 for the last few weeks. They are on their mains I run on my alt. We are now 10/12. Healer had to bail after BQL went down, I can't blame him though we were in there for a long time.

Hate: My alt is now further along then my main. My guild just can't get its act together on BQL 25, we Haven't even done Putricide yet. Our 2nd attempt at her last night was the best one, but we decide to change up a lot of stuff and it just gets worse and worse. I know that fight is tuned really really tight, but you can't blame random events for our wipes, the whole fight is random events people just need to stay awake.

RedDawn on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Joeslop wrote: »
    I joined a LFD with my 71 Warlock. They had just finished the first boss I suppose, since they were hanging out in the room waiting for me. Before I get there, they do the next pull and somehow wipe right as I get there.

I, being an overpowered Warlock, proceed to lay waste to the remaining mobs. Then the tank drops and they tell me she was pretty bad at taking damage.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarion+Circle&cn=Lulubelly

Well gosh. Agility belt, Spirit gloves, Spellpower cloak, Gorilla sword, Eagle helm, Chained Essence of Eranikus, Cannonball Runner, Physician pants.

All of two glyphs, Consecration and Avenger's Shield (WHAT!?).

No Combat Expertise or Anticipation, 1/3 in Touched by the Light, then points in EVERYTHING else.

Argh my head.

I'm fairly sure I know why. Look at the model. Gee, all that Baleheim gear sure looks pretty together like that. Learn something new every day, I guess.

It does look pretty good.

She should've been Okay in UK or something. I've seen DKs still in their level 60 items from the starting area tanking UK. Maybe DKs are OP.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: Almost got 30 on my baby shaman. And since we did Arthas on Wed (in 10s) means no raid tonight and more time for my baby shaman.

Hate: Fuck Gnomer and LFD. Every 2nd instance I joined was a gnomer in progress with everything at the start respawned. No one would help me get back to them (restro shaman) :(

Funny: Though I did have a good chuckle. Joined a "in Progress" gnomer with 2 warriors and 2 Rogues. No idea where they were but everything near the begining was respawned. I gave it a try to catch up but all the slimes below we up. So I /p "hey guy all the slimes are back, if i could get a hand I'll come heal if not I'm just gonna port out."

"um.... sorry we just want this done and we pretty deep in"
    "alright, your choice" (I wait to port out, they in combat and my hearth on CD)
    Warrior, "yeah we can do this.... wait anyone learn first aide?"
    Rogue 1, "I have some linen ones!"
    Rogue 2 "i have some wool ones..."
    Warrior (tank), "ok you spam that on me then..."

I was able to port out at this point, though I should of stayed and see how spaming first aide worked for them. Just when you think you seen it all! lol.

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oddly enough, the gnomers I got on my priest when I was at that level went blisteringly fast (the tanks knew exactly the fastest route to Thermaplugg). They ended up skipping a couple of bosses though.

Hate: "I can't find my bite target" Twice. From the same person.

Hate: One person (different from above) dying multiple times on Sindragosa to the pull and aoe ability.

Further Sindragosa Hate: people being stubborn about where they want to be iceblocked.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Nobody wrote: »
    Oddly enough, the gnomers I got on my priest when I was at that level went blisteringly fast (the tanks knew exactly the fastest route to Thermaplugg). They ended up skipping a couple of bosses though.

For the most part, any gnomers I joined that were fresh were the same, fast and painless. And I love searing totem (i think it is called) in gnomer. As a healer i would beat most of the other dps'ers with just that totem :D

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Options
    GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy - Finally got in a group for ICC & the weekly raid (Marrowgar) on my Druid.

Happier - Got the frost giant boss, so an extra 5 badges.

Hate - Over an Hour on Saurfang and no progress.. -sigh- I guess that's what I get for just wanting to be 'one of the pugs'

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Neyla wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »

For the most part, any gnomers I joined that were fresh were the same, fast and painless. And I love searing totem (i think it is called) in gnomer. As a healer i would beat most of the other dps'ers with just that totem :D

Last time I went to Gnomer in a pug everyone was soooo lost
    I had no idea where to go and was of little help

Brainleech on
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: Got a 10.5 token and was able to upgrade my shoulders, so now my armor is all color coordinated, and I'm only 100 health from 44k.

Hate: People who leave a raid an hour early with no explaination. Yeah, wiping on Festergut because the replacement hunter is an idiot who covers his side in vomit sucks for EVERYONE, but bailing on the raid sucks MORE.

Hope: The people who bailed early sign up for next weeks raid, so that I can tell them exactly why they are never joining a raid I run ever again.

Hate: Running raids :D

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dranyth wrote: »
    quaigy wrote: »
    Not too sure under which H i should fill that one :

aaf2ed1c7841f667581ccc454e753.jpg

Hilarious?

I got asked by some random scrub to make him a chopper, with no mats.

When I asked why I'd give 18k to some random idiot, he said, and I quote "i didnt ask for money".

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Bigity wrote: »

Hilarious?

When I asked why I'd give 18k to some random idiot, he said, and I quote "i didnt ask for money".

I am one of the few people on the horde side that knows the +30 spell power enchant
    I do not have GOLDEN PEARLS I will tell you where you can waste your time farming for them since they are rarely in the ah
    But alas I get asked most of the time if I am sure if I don't have any

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Decomposey wrote: »
    Happy: Got a 10.5 token and was able to upgrade my shoulders, so now my armor is all color coordinated, and I'm only 100 health from 44k.

:^:

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy!: A wonderfully productive weekend takes me from terrible gear (all blues except for 2 200 epics) to a ilvl216 average. Yay me!

Hate: The two blues left are terrible, and I can't seem to find replacements. No luck in HPoS yet. Grr.

Le Sigh: It stuns me how much more difficult spriest dps is compared to other classes I've played. I need to be on the ball to keep up my dps, especially on AoE packs. In contrast, my hunter pulls 3.5-4k dps in a heroic using nothing but lolvolley. Bah. The challenge is nice, but sometimes I just want easy dps too!

UGH: I downloaded Gearscore simply because I wanted to know what mine was, and to see how I compared to others in my general score range. Bad idea. Now I stand in Dalaran staring at all the 5.5k+ GS people, and cry at my 4.4k score. :(

Ender on
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Hilarious?

I think the correct answer is, "Sure dude! Can you meet me in Stonard? That's where my blacksmith shop is. I'll write you a receipt and you can pay me back whenever"

Then don't /ignore the rest of his tells. Just ignore and go back to your regular gaming.

ironzerg on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Or, get a warlock buddy and summon him right above a cliff in HFP.

Edit:

With a druid buddy*

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    ironzerg wrote: »

Hilarious?

I think the correct answer is, "Sure dude! Can you meet me in Stonard? That's where my blacksmith shop is. I'll write you a receipt and you can pay me back whenever"

Then don't /ignore the rest of his tells. Just ignore and go back to your regular gaming.

If you had the ability to actually make one and not worry about the gold it took, you should have made one and C.O.D'd it to him for the price, but I'm guessing you don't have that much gold that you can just waste on a chopper to mess with him.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: Got my warlock to 80! I'm a new master of the dark arts.

Hate: LFG system locks me out of regTOC. I wonder if all the heirloom gear I have being technically lvl 1 has something to do with it.

Hate to spend: Had enough badges to buy T9 shoulders, but wanted to save them for chest piece.

Happy again: LFG system lets me run regTOC after I put on the new shoulders :)

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If you have an heirloom weapon it's probably that. My friend swapped in a shitty level 80 green and things opened up for him.

shadowane on
  • Options
    mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: After about two months, playing only on the weekends, my wife and I hit 60 today! GO US!

Happy Too!: Gifting levels helped me drag my warlock from level 46 up to level 57, with a couple bubbles left to 58!

Sad: I only play my priest with my wife, and I like playing that class better...

mrsnackroad on
  • Options
    Thomase1984Thomase1984 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    ARGGGGGG: So my 10 man group hasn't had a decent makeup for sindragosa for 3 weeks since we first tried her. So... tonight we had the group, no more alt dps doing half of others, we had 4 appropriately geared people doing expected dps. Phase 3 before a third blistering cold? Ohhhh yeah.

But we had a weak link, oh did we ever. This one shaman healer... he got fucking ice blocked (due to standing beside someone) every fucking attempt. Fucking christ, every attempt until trash respawned. I just don't know how its so hard to not stand where you shouldnt be standing every goddamn attempt.

The best was chaining it from the target on the stairs to 4 melee. I don't even...

Of course we raid at 12-3am once or twice a week so the pickings in guild are less desirable. Fucking dumb.

Thomase1984 on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: Priest now has 2pc t9 in just 1 day of hitting 80. Thanks go to the LFD system for awarding me triumph badges pre80. I almost have enough to get my third piece.

Hate: GearScore fanatics. I zone into a H VH for my daily today and the tank (a paladin with a GS of 5200) says, "god no one else above 5k GS". The druid healer responds with "thats the side effect of just hitting 80". We finish the instance with zero problems, no one is dying, we never fell behind, people are playing pretty good.

Happy: When we finish the instance, I notice my damage and DPS were far better than the tanks. So I said "proof that gearscore isnt everything" and leave.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy: Priest now has 2pc t9 in just 1 day of hitting 80. Thanks go to the LFD system for awarding me triumph badges pre80. I almost have enough to get my third piece.

Hate: GearScore fanatics. I zone into a H VH for my daily today and the tank (a paladin with a GS of 5200) says, "god no one else above 5k GS". The druid healer responds with "thats the side effect of just hitting 80". We finish the instance with zero problems, no one is dying, we never fell behind, people are playing pretty good.

Happy: When we finish the instance, I notice my damage and DPS were far better than the tanks. So I said "proof that gearscore isnt everything" and leave.

I want to get T5 priest gear, enchant it and gem it and keeping my T10 gear in my bags, que as a healer for heroics and see what people say.

Edit: and use my Benediction Staff.

Aeyther on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I bought the Eye of Shadow off the AH for like 100g. So I get to eventually do that quest line. I can't wait.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I bought the Eye of Shadow off the AH for like 100g. So I get to eventually do that quest line. I can't wait.

I got it on my rogue when I was farming herbs in Wintergrasp off one of the daemons in the south
    It was passed from priest to priest I had. I think I have had it for nearl 4 years

Brainleech on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    lol: my shaman now has the following complete in ICC10:

Storming the Citadel (normal)
    Sindragosa (heroic)
    The Lich King

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: shammy healers. Bastards rolled against me and won the haste trinket in regTOC and the staff(with spirit) in forge of souls. Knowing my luck I will see those again in about another 10-15 runs.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    tallgeeze wrote: »
    Hate: shammy healers. Bastards rolled against me and won the haste trinket in regTOC and the staff(with spirit) in forge of souls. Knowing my luck I will see those again in about another 10-15 runs.

I am still beyond angry about the shaman who took the tanking sheild in Hor normal from my warrior

Brainleech on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Shamans with staves make me a sad panda

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    They should have axes!

Oats on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I remember bakc in vanilla wow watching them get items like Morgraine's Might then complaining that it did little for thier spec

I had no idea how they worked at the time.

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

The Benediction is a priest's rite of passage, and an awesome quest too!

Wonder what will happen to it come Cata?

Anyhow...

Happy: My shaman is 30! And she finally got a helm olo.

Happy2: It's a helm from the rare spawn in SM graveyard!

Happy3: I won it over some silly goose mage who entered the group saying the Druid suck at tanking (said druid was my BF). Best part after he said that he pulled a group we went passed, my BF didn't taunt, and I didn't heal him.

Happy4: 3.3!

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Options
    JadedJaded Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Neyla wrote: »
    Happy: My shaman is 30! And she finally got a helm olo.

Happy2: It's a helm from the rare spawn in SM graveyard!

Happy3: I won it over some silly goose mage who entered the group saying the Druid suck at tanking (said druid was my BF). Best part after he said that he pulled a group we went passed, my BF didn't taunt, and I didn't heal him.

Happy4: 3.3!

That mage was better off dead.

Jaded on
    I can't think of anything clever.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hate: Arcane mages that do 7000 dps but their damage done is below tanks.

bowen on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Few days ago, but still happy:

Queue for 5v5, nub warlock leaves by accident. Win 4v5 battle anyway without our CCer. Sure, they had a priest with 19k health, but its not like our druid was much better geared. :P

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Happy - got the weekly done on Monday night with my warlock who's been pretty much ignored lately.

Hate - Mage that managed to pull 2k on Marrowgar.. with 0 damage dealt to bonespikes.. There are just no words for it. He should have got 9 frost badges for that so he could have gave one to everyone that carried his ass through it.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hate: DPS that say "Gogogogogogo!"

Hope: Telling the hunter to MD the 'Gogogo' person.

Happy: Hunter does it.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Decomposey wrote: »
    Hate: DPS that say "Gogogogogogo!"

Hope: Telling the hunter to MD the 'Gogogo' person.

Happy: Hunter does it.

I up the ante:

Happy: Watching the gogogo person pull because they wear plate, and then watching them die.

bowen on
This discussion has been closed.