As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The PAX Schedule is live!

13»

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just accept that you probably won't be able to do absolutely everything you want to do simple because PAX is so big and time is so short.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    benswimmingbenswimming PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Final Fantasy 13, God of War 3, Epic UFC fight on the 27th...... What to do? I'm going to PAX, and do as much as I can... What are you guys doing to space time better?

I thought this was going to be related to Donnie Darko or Lost or some other time based movie/tv series. Ah well, best of luck?

benswimming on
    PAX EAST 2011 Omeganaut
    Twitter: sweeneyben
    XBL: Disco Ball
  • Options
    ninja_bladeninja_blade Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    this month is not productive, but its gonna be fun! Who's gonna be playing FF XIII or God of War 3?

ninja_blade on
    karate here. [taps his head] Karate here. [taps his heart] Karate never here. [points to his belt] Understand?
  • Options
    ninja_bladeninja_blade Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I thought this was going to be related to Donnie Darko or Lost or some other time based movie/tv series. Ah well, best of luck?

Ummm okay if you want to be... commence stabbing mirrors and writing point less plots now

ninja_blade on
    karate here. [taps his head] Karate here. [taps his heart] Karate never here. [points to his belt] Understand?
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Did the map ever show up? I have not seen it.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    No map yet I would not expect it for another few days (aka closer to the event)

Singollo on
  • Options
    RacheRache Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm getting prompted for a password when I try to open the Gaming and Tournament Schedule pdf's. Did I miss a password in the FAQs somewhere?

Rache on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm loading them just fine without a password prompt.

whypick1 on
  • Options
    SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Same here they load for me as well (no Pass)

Singollo on
  • Options
    ShervynShervyn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    inecather wrote: »
    Liger wrote: »
    They're not in the schedule because they are open for ALL of PAX. :)

I remember there being room(s) on the schedule for last year (with all the time allotted for free play) but that may have been on the final book that we got while actually there.

It was my favorite part of PAX- so I got a bit nervous when I didn't see it!

Don't forget Classic Console Freeplay and this year we will also have a room with classic arcade cabinets. Should be a blast.

Shervyn on
    A man who could afford $50 had a pair of boots that'd still be keeping his feet dry in 10 yrs' time, while a poor man who could only afford cheap boots would have spent a $100 on boots in the same time and would still have wet feet. -Vimes
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    I don't suppose there will be any pinball in that arcade room...

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited March 2010
    That would be super sweet, wouldn't it. ;)

David Coffman on
  • Options
    itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Classic arcade cabs...wow...thats awesome! Deff going to swing by and say "hi" Shervyn :)

itzerokewl on
    signature.png
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is it worth it to schedule for a panel in every time slot, or is that just unrealistic? There are so many interesting looking panels on the schedule :?

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Totally unrealistic, since there's a non-zero amount of time you need to wait in line to actually get in to a good number of panels (last year's HMX panel I waited in line for over an hour...and was about 3-4 rows from the very back of a fairly large theater).

whypick1 on
  • Options
    XenoveritasXenoveritas Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    spyrious wrote: »
    Awesome. Thanks cwood.

In case you prefer Entourage to iCal, there's no direct way to import the .csv file, as Entourage doesn't recognize them. If you try to, it will just put all of the events in your contacts folder. There is a work-around though:
    Or you can just use my iCal file. :)

I've since fixed it to include correct location data. For the most part, the times and places come from the PDF and the event titles and descriptions come from the PAX East schedule page.

You can also subscribe to it directly via Google Calendar via the URL:

http://www.xenoveritas.org/2010/02/pax_east.ics

It kind of... dominates my iPhone calendar when imported though:
    pax_east_calendar.png
    (Note that they're different colors because my original contains a calendar per location, which made it much easier to copy from the grid. iCal then exported the group as a single calendar. I could reexport each individual location as an iCal file, if someone really wants me to.)

Xenoveritas on
  • Options
    RayoRayo Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
  • Options
    dontlooknowdontlooknow Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    I just looked at the schedule again, and found that the number of people given admission to the concerts was halved to the first 2000 originally it was 4000. What time would you recommend being at the doors to gain entrance to the concerts?

dontlooknow on
  • Options
    347studboy347studboy http://goo.gl/Wd4idRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Note that they're different colors because my original contains a calendar per location, which made it much easier to copy from the grid. iCal then exported the group as a single calendar. I could reexport each individual location as an iCal file, if someone really wants me to.

Holy socks that's a good idea. Would make it much more sensible looking.

Also I'm relieved to see that I'm not the only Google Calendar (and for that matter Google Sync + iPhone) nut here.

347studboy on
    PAX East Google Calendar!

I'll see you at PAX East!
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I just looked at the schedule again, and found that the number of people given admission to the concerts was halved to the first 2000 originally it was 4000. What time would you recommend being at the doors to gain entrance to the concerts?

If you have a wrist band, you are guaranteed seating for the concert. Get in the PAX opening line as early as you can if you are desperate for a wrist band.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    raddevonraddevon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    UPDATE: You should probably PM me if you want to add/change stuff since I don't have my own thread anymore.

I have attempted to create a comprehensive PAX calendar using Google Calendar. I have all the panels and PAX events as well as community events surrounding the main event. There are a number of ways you can access the calendar. The easiest way is on the web although that may not be very useful when you're on the show floor. If you already use Google Calendar, I recommend copying events you like to your own calendar so you can set reminders and so forth.

If you have an iPod Touch or an iPhone, you can subscribe to this calendar on the go. First, hit the link above and add the calendar to your Google account. There is a little button in the bottom right corner that adds it.

1. Open your Google Calendar
    2. Click the down arrow next to the PAX calendar and click "Calendar Settings"
    3. Copy the numerical portion of the "Calendar ID" (It's to the right of to "Calendar Address" which is near the bottom)
    4. Insert that into this URL
    https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/{insert calendar id here}@group.calendar.google.com/user

5. (Optional) E-mail the URL to an account you have your iPhone configured to retrieve. This will save you from having to type the thing out.

Switch over to your phone. If you e-mailed yourself the URL, copy that to your phone's clipboard.
    1. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars
    2. Tap "Add Account...", then "Other"
    3. Under Calendars, "Add CalDAV Account"
    4. Enter account information:
    • Server: www.google.com
    • User Name: [your username]@gmail.com
    • Password: [your password]
    • Description: [e.g. Personal]
    5. Tap "Next"
    6. Tap the new account
    7. Tap "Advanced Settings"
    8. Replace the "Account URL" with the new URL

If you notice any mistakes or omissions, please post here. I will try to monitor this post today and tomorrow (Wednesday). If you have an event you want me to include, feel free to post that as well. I won't be able to do anything after Thursday as I am flying that day and won't be bringing a computer this time around.

If you are from a time zone other than Eastern, there will be a problem with the times on your phone. It happened to me going from Eastern to Pacific last year. I'm sorry that I don't remember the exact problem, but I want to warn you that the times may be off on your phone by the difference in your native time zone. It might be worth doing a reality check on the schedule when you arrive. If you live on the east coast, you should be fine.

I hope this helps someone out there!:mrgreen:

raddevon on
  • Options
    WebScudWebScud Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Here are some .ics files that you can import in to iCal, iPhone, Google Calendar, and a ton of other applications. These should be a lot easier to view than PDFs.

Panel Schedule (Version 2, Updated March 23): http://webscud.com/paxeast2010_panelschedule_v2.ics

Tournament Schedule (Version 1, Updated March 22): http://webscud.com/paxeast2010_tournamentschedule_v1.ics

Panel Entry Structure
      Name of Event: Panel name Location: Theater name Time: EST, with correct running times from
    http://www.paxsite.com/paxeast/PAX_East_Schedule_Grid.pdf
    Note: Description of panel from paxsite.com, complete with panelists

Tournament Entry Structure
      Name of Event: Tournament name Location: Tournament type Time: EST, with correct running times from
    http://www.paxsite.com/paxeast/PAX_East_Gaming_Schedule.pdf

WebScud on
This discussion has been closed.