As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel Solicits June 2010

VirralVirral Registered User regular
edited March 2010 in Graphic Violence
Preview so far...

So, this Namora #1 cover is somewhat... evocative o_O
94_namora_1_fradon_variant__02.jpg

2vlp7o9.jpg
Virral on

• Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    And the X-Men ones

Not fair man, DC lovers already have the full solicitations for June!

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Virral wrote: »
    So, this Namora #1 cover is somewhat... evocative o_O
    Man, I can't believe Ramona Fradon can still draw like that. The lady's in her eighties!

Munch on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Full solicits are up.

Man, is this really a serious Deadpool book?
    Pencils & Cover by JASON PEARSON
    “THE MAN BEHIND THE MASK”
    You’ve seen Deadpool in countless (and we mean countless) comics before — but never like this. Really. Want answers about Deadpool? Like why does he refuse to remove his weird red-and-black mask? Why does he only answer to the name “Deadpool?” Was he really part of a black bag special ops team that nobody has ever heard of? Were his teammates really given names like “Bulllseye,” “Silver Sable” and “Domino”? What did Wilson know, and when did he know it? A bloody massacre in Sinaloa, Mexico has left hundreds dead and disgraced soldier Wade Wilson has a LOT of explaining to do.
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99

DEADPOOL: WADE WILSON'S WAR #2 (of 4)
    Written by DUANE SWIERCZYNSKI
    Pencils & Cover by JASON PEARSON
    “WEAPON X: THE VERSION YOU’VE NEVER SEEN”
    The true origin from Deadpool’s very talkative and crazy mouth continues to spill out, shedding new and bizarre turns. Did the clandestine military experiment that aimed to turn ordinary soldiers into super heroes do more than just that? Was Wilson a brave super-soldier fighting America’s secret wars, or just some pissed-off hick looking for a little payback? Or both? To Deadpool, the truth’s a funny thing...
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    55frankencastle1802.jpg
    FRANKEN-CASTLE #18
    Written by RICK REMENDER
    Penciled by JAMES HARREN
    Cover by MIKE McKONE
    “PAYBACK,” PART 1
    Lady Gorgon, a high-ranking Hand operative, lost her stature after she failed to kill Frank Castle. Now that the Punisher has made his way to Tokyo to hunt her, she’d be lucky if her stature is all she looses. Frank’s made a list of every scumbag dumb enough to take a shot at him. If you’re on his list, you’re already dead. Let the festivities begin.
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$2.99

I've never heard of James Harren. Still, it sounds good. The cover is kind of embarrassing. And it makes me wonder if if she is going to cut the power cable running across his chest and disable him. I expect that will probably be treated like capes in superhero fights though. Just pretend the idea of grabbing it never crosses anyone's mind. And that cover is honestly kind of embarrassing.
    punisherbirthmonster102.jpg
    Cool cover, but I am not paying 5 dollars for a reprint, especially when I already issue 11. Looks like he raided that weapons display, so many guns and swords, haha.
    PUNISHER: FRANKEN-CASTLE - THE BIRTH OF THE MONSTER #1
    Collecting DARK REIGN: THE LIST – PUNISHER & PUNISHER #11.
    48 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$4.99
    Cool cover, but I am not paying 5 dollars for a reprint, especially when I already issue 11. Looks like he raided that weapons display, so many guns and swords, haha.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    107shield202.jpg
    S.H.I.E.L.D. #2
    Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN
    Penciled by DUSTIN WEAVER
    Cover by GERALD PAREL
    Historical Variant by DUSTIN WEAVER
    Why don’t we know about the first super heroes of the Marvel Universe? Leonardo Da Vinci, Imhotep, Sir Issac Newton, Nostradamus and Galileo are among the members of the Brotherhood of the Shield and have saved us all countless times. What events did they set in motion that still affect the Marvel U today? Do not miss the book that will be talked about for the next ten years.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    GHOST RIDER BY JASON AARON OMNIBUS HC
    Written by JASON AARON
    Penciled by TONY MOORE, TAN ENG HUAT & ROLAND BOSCHI
    Cover by MARC SILVESTRI
    Superstar writer Jason Aaron's searing take on the Spirit of Vengeance finds Johnny Blaze facing off against the forces of Heaven itself in an epic saga that sends Ghost Rider down a blazing new road! When the rogue angel Zadkiel tries taking over the world's Ghost Riders -- that's right, there's more than one! -- Blaze and his flame-headed alter ego are in for the fight of their lives! Featuring the return of the OTHER Ghost Rider, Danny Ketch, in a team-up you never imagined and a showdown that had to happen! Strap in for a tale of insanity jam-packed with new villains, old allies and the same old grindhouse action that Flamehead fans have come to know and love! Collecting GHOST RIDER #20-35 and GHOST RIDERS: HEAVEN'S ON FIRE #1-6.
    538 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$49.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-4367-3
    Trim size: oversized

oh sweet jesus YES

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Oh man that Ghost Rider thing. Yesss

Somewhere, Wiggin is dancing with joy.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My interest in X-Men Hellbound just went from "Eh" to "Goddamnit I have to get this" now that I've realized Rockslide is in it.

Furu on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Full solicits are up

Bryan Hitch is pencilling a FF annual.

Pet Avengers will be epic:

78_lockjaw_and_the_pet_avengers_unl.jpg

And the next cosmic event, the Thanos Imperative:

124_the_thanos_imperative_1_02.jpg
    THE THANOS IMPERATIVE #1 (of 6)
    Written by DAN ABNETT & ANDY LANNING
    Penciled by MIGUEL SEPULVEDA
    Cover by ALEKSI BRICLOT
    THE NEXT HUGE MARVEL COSMIC EVENT IS HERE!
    The dangerous and mysterious fissure known as The Fault has opened, and the dark forces of a rival universe where there is no death are pouring through to claim ours! Nova, The Silver Surfer, Quasar, Gladiator and more of the greatest cosmic champions of the Marvel Universal line up to stop them, but it could be more than even they can handle. Luckily, Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon and some of the galaxy’s underdog, never-say-die heroes have a plan. It’s a crazy plan. It’s called...Thanos!
    Welcome to the end of everything, brought to you by acclaimed writers Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning and superstar artist Miguel Sepulveda (THUNDERBOLTS)! So grab your blaster and find out why critics like Ain’t It Cool News raves “(Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning) succeed in producing the most entertaining super hero comic books on the stands today.”
    48 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99

TexiKen on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thanos Imperative makes me excited. In a good way. Not that other way. Get yo' mind out of the gutter.

EDIT: Thor and the warriors four #3 looks great. Look at baby Thor on the front cover, He's the cutest thing ever! Ever I tell you! Daawww...

Solar on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Might be doing my BMT by June but if I'm still here I'll probably pick up Nova vol. 6, Vengeance of Moon Knight vol. 1, Incredible Hulk vol. 1, and the S.W.O.R.D. tpb. I would be getting the Jason Aaron Ghost Rider omnibus but I already have the trades.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nyaha, I think it's funny that Rocket Raccoon gets on the cover of the latest cosmic event over characters like Quasar and Gladiator. Marvel knows what the people want.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png