As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Heavy Metal 2006: Blood Fire Update

1202122232426»

• Options
    skimbleshanksskimbleshanks __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    In addendum to my last post, I would like to say that I find Novae to be a better song than Desert Urbania. They have it on their myspace page.

http://www.myspace.com/unexpect

skimbleshanks on
    The more laws and order are made prominent,
    The more thieves and robbers there will be.
    -Lao-tzu
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    In addendum to my last post, I would like to say that I find Novae to be a better song than Desert Urbania. They have it on their myspace page.

http://www.myspace.com/unexpect

They have a lot better songs, it's just that's the only one I had on tap at the moment.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Hey, I still think its a good song. I cant wait to get some money together and actually buy their new album. Other, uh, sources havent been very helpful in my acquisition of it.

skimbleshanks on
    -Lao-tzu
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hey, I still think its a good song. I cant wait to get some money together and actually buy their new album. Other, uh, sources havent been very helpful in my acquisition of it.

Wait.

Hold on.

New? As in newer than Flesh Aquarium?

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm going to get torn apart for this, but does anyone else really really love Hammers of Misfortune?

ben0207 on
  • Options
    SpackleSpackle Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    ben0207 wrote: »
    I'm going to get torn apart for this, but does anyone else really really love Hammers of Misfortune?

I wouldn't say love but they are pretty damn cool in my book. :)

Spackle on
    Taco Bell does win the franchise war according to the tome of knowledge that is Demolition Man. However, I've watched Demolition Man more then a few times and never once did I see WoW. In conclusion Taco Bell has more lasting power then WoW.
    D&D Metal Thread: HERE
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    And to those who overlooked this amazing album, I present Starkweather:

http://media.putfile.com/01-Slither

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Wait.

Hold on.

New? As in newer than Flesh Aquarium?

No. I got into them before Flesh Aquarium came out so I consider that their new album. What it all comes down to is that I'm a poor, poor bastard.

skimbleshanks on
    -Lao-tzu
  • Options
    ChimerstryChimerstry Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hammers of Misfortune is a great band and no, you will not get torn apart for it here.

Chimerstry on
    You cry for bird's blood, but not for fish's blood. Fortunate for ones with voice. If the dolls also had voices, they would have screamed, 'I didn't want to become human.'
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    silly chimerstry

you should have just gotten a name change! :O

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    SpackleSpackle Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ah shit. Now I really gotta refer to Dreamer as Chimestry :P

What was Hammers of Misfortune's stellar album, The Locust Years?

Spackle on
    Taco Bell does win the franchise war according to the tome of knowledge that is Demolition Man. However, I've watched Demolition Man more then a few times and never once did I see WoW. In conclusion Taco Bell has more lasting power then WoW.
    D&D Metal Thread: HERE
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I've never heard any of their stuff, but I do know that the chick singer from Wolves in the Throne Room's Diadem of 12 Stars is from the band, which is points for them right there.

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    defrag wrote: »
    The I record is fucking good. I've been listening to it for about a week now. I admit I'm a sucker for "blackened" rock/metal stuff, but I think it's really good.
    Hell yeah it is. The vox don't always quite work, but the whole deal is top-notch.

The Locust Years is a pretty sweet album. Actually, Fallovt, the chick vox are the low-point of the album, imo. They're mostly used to offset the main dude singer, so they don't show up too much.

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    In Hammers of Misfortune you mean? Cuz I've heard Diadem of 12 Stars once or twice :P

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    AdrenalineAdrenaline Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Fallout wrote: »
    silly chimerstry

Probably not too late for that.

edit- Also, Diadem of 12 Stars fucking rules

Adrenaline on
    I will show you fear in a handful of dust
  • Options
    MitsuhideMitsuhide Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Guys, Hammers of Misfortune are not on Pandora!

I feel let down....:(

Mitsuhide on
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Oh yeah, of course. She rocked in WitTR, but I felt she was unnecessary in Hammers of Misfortune.

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    ChimerstryChimerstry Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    silly chimerstry

All your time ranting and raving on these forums could be spent listening to the new U.D.O. CD, which has restored my faith in the human race.

Chimerstry on
    You cry for bird's blood, but not for fish's blood. Fortunate for ones with voice. If the dolls also had voices, they would have screamed, 'I didn't want to become human.'
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Chimerstry wrote: »
    silly chimerstry

All your time ranting and raving on these forums could be spent listening to the new U.D.O. CD, which has restored my faith in the human race.

!!!

I hadn't checked pa.fm yet for the new reviews. I am all over this like hot lightning on a... thing.

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    Whiniest Man On EarthWhiniest Man On Earth Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Now if only I could find it!

Whiniest Man On Earth on