As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW]Druids: CLOSED SLIGHTLY EARLY

• GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So do you boomkin use power aura's or anything for the eclipse procs? I found that I was missing them in a more busy raid setting.

I was forced to offspec in ICC at lady douche yesterday and my dps was less than spectuclar(just over 3k). Although to be fair I've only used it in one heroic and on the test dummy for a half hour or so.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • DiorinixDiorinix Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Gnutson wrote: »
    So do you boomkin use power aura's or anything for the eclipse procs? I found that I was missing them in a more busy raid setting.

I was forced to offspec in ICC at lady douche yesterday and my dps was less than spectuclar(just over 3k). Although to be fair I've only used it in one heroic and on the test dummy for a half hour or so.

Squawk and Awe, baby.

Diorinix on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
    edited March 2010
    Beautiful.

Thank you.

Gnutson on
  • JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, basically when I was a raiding bird Squawk and Awe was the most necessary addon in the world. But it's a little easier now that the procs have independent cooldowns

Junpei on
  • MillbuddahMillbuddah Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So what's druid healing in instances like pre 80? I ask because the last time I was on rolling lifeblooms was the way to heal for trees. I was just wondering if anything dramatic has changed besides not being able to roll and not having nourish until 80?

Millbuddah on
    edited March 2010
    Millbuddah wrote: »
    So what's druid healing in instances like pre 80? I ask because the last time I was on rolling lifeblooms was the way to heal for trees. I was just wondering if anything dramatic has changed besides not being able to roll and not having nourish until 80?

Liberal use of healing touch/regrowth instead of nourish. I didn't actually even use Lifebloom alot unless someone needed a little more padding that rejuv couldn't handle.

Gnutson on
    edited March 2010

Liberal use of healing touch/regrowth instead of nourish. I didn't actually even use Lifebloom alot unless someone needed a little more padding that rejuv couldn't handle.

Hmmm, so I guess I should ditch this lifebloom glyph I had from before and switch it out with regrowth? I think I'll keep HT on the NS/HT macro and use it for emergencies. Any trinkets I should look out for as I level? I believe I'm still weaering the HMgt trinket and something else from back in the BC days at level 73.

Millbuddah on
    edited March 2010

Hmmm, so I guess I should ditch this lifebloom glyph I had from before and switch it out with regrowth? I think I'll keep HT on the NS/HT macro and use it for emergencies. Any trinkets I should look out for as I level? I believe I'm still weaering the HMgt trinket and something else from back in the BC days at level 73.

Glyph of swiftmend is beyond awesome as well, for levelling and at end game. Pretty sure levelling I went with healing touch as my other major.. decreased cast time and amount healed (iirc) made it more of a mini-nourish.

Gnutson on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Glyph of Regrowth isn't very good. You probably want to skip that too (Glyph of Lifebloom isn't good either though, as you suspected).

forty on
    edited March 2010
    So looking at wowhead... man, I guess the only choice is to replace lifebloom with swift rejuv? And maybe put in the innervate one for my third at 80?

Millbuddah on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    For pre-80 healing you'll want Swiftmend in one slot and either Healing Touch or Regrowth in the other slot. Then at 80 you'll want to replace the HT/Regrowth with Nourish and fill the new third slot with Swift Rejuv or Wild Growth (WG only if you're doing 25m raiding).

Opty on
    edited March 2010
    I think I just used Innervate as my second for leveling, although I could see the HT one being worthwhile to get yourself a gimped Flash Heal for the interim.

forty on
  • troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    quick! what is the current feral pvp spec?

troublebrewing on
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    resto?

shadowane on
    edited March 2010
    lol knew that was coming.

troublebrewing on
  • BiffoniacusBiffoniacus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    quick! what is the current feral pvp spec?

This look about right? (copied from a friend's armory)

Biffoniacus on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    That looks pretty good. There's a bit of flexibility depending on how often you shift and how frequently you are a target, but that's a good starting point.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited March 2010
    yarghhhh armory be down.

troublebrewing on
    edited March 2010
    Sounds like some people are going to try a mangle-based cat spec with today's patch. I heard numbers like "only 5% DPS lost by not using shred" being bandied about.

I'm going to stick with Shred, personally, but the idea sounds all right. It'd simplify the rotation a bit, and in some situations it could actually be better (i.e., when your ability to Shred is hindered by positioning).

forty on
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Uh, that sounds fishy.

I'm taking it more as..wee I don't have to waste energy/GCDs on mangle every 12 seconds, I can shred/rip/sr/fb more.

If shred was more dps before, it's going to be even more now since we mangle like 5 times less?

Bigity on
  • BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If you didn't have a feral tank or arms warrior before, yes.

Bikkstah on
    edited March 2010
    Yes, this is obviously a buff to Shredders who didn't have a bear or arms warrior to take care of mangle for them.

But apparently there is a school of thought around using the +10% mangle damage glyph and just going straight mangle/rake + finishers at a nominal loss of DPS for presumably a little more ease and flexibility(?) You're only going to get 16-second Rips, but I guess the higher CP generation from spamming a 34-energy move instead of a 42-energy move could make up for it, so it's mostly just the loss of DPE on Mangle vs. Shred?

Like I said, I'm not going to bother with it, but one of my guildmates probably is since he was talking about this previous raid week.

forty on
    edited March 2010
    Shit, I'm tempted to do a Mangle spam spec for PvP now. With the glyph it's definitely viable and could be higher dps if you consider the need for bleeds, position and mangle/trauma for shred.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Shit, I'm tempted to do a Mangle spam spec for PvP now. With the glyph it's definitely viable and could be higher dps if you consider the need for bleeds, position and mangle/trauma for shred.
    Plus you don't suffer through all the "need to be behi- oh now you're too far awa- sorry not behind again!" hitbox bullshit.

815165 on
    edited March 2010
    It's roughly a 10% efficiency loss, but I believe that assumes absolutely ideal circumstances. Which Mangle spam has less of by far.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited March 2010
    In pvp it's probably totally worth it. Shred is a pain in the fucking ass and target switching means you are going to be using mangle a ton anyway.

shadowane on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    shadowane wrote: »
    In pvp it's probably totally worth it. Shred is a pain in the fucking ass and target switching means you are going to be using mangle a ton anyway.

This makes a lot of sense, but I don't understand what changed for pve.

They didn't actually buff Mangle besides making its debuff last longer, right? Wouldn't that make you want to use it less? Or is this just a coincidental new thing people are doing that was not prompted by the patch?

Or was it related to this
    6000xi.jpg

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The Mangle glyph was changed to +10% damage.

/wait, now I see the pic. Is this live?

Grobian on
    edited March 2010
    No, that was PTR, I was being silly.

Sorry, I didn't see anywhere in the patch notes that the glyph was changed, but it makes sense that they would do that. Hmm.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The Manglecats who think that a Mangle build will be viable in PvE forget that with the longer duration on the Mangle effect you'l be able to Shred much, much more, giving a quite noticeable boost to Shredders.

But yes, it's a nice glyph for PvP.

reVerse on
  • CheveyChevey Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It has always bothered me that our best attack is largely useless for grinding and levelling, this new glyph should definitely help alleviate that.

Swipe + Mangle glyph = One happy kitty come Cata levelling

edit: Though I almost feel kind of spoiled now when I think back to levelling to 60 with claw and before the feral makeover. I'm glad that I didn't know any better back then.

Chevey on
    edited March 2010
    Chevey wrote: »
    It has always bothered me that our best attack is largely useless for grinding and levelling, this new glyph should definitely help alleviate that.

Swipe + Mangle glyph = One happy kitty come Cata levelling

Yeah, as a result I was totally unprepared for heroics/raiding when I finally got to that point for the first time. I was used to just mangle, rake, mangle, bite for most of the game.

UncleSporky on
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well, the druid I've been leveling with my friends' low characters was halfway to 50 the other night. I got antsy and went ahead and knocked out a few quick item grinding quests (which suck for the 3 of us anyway because we have to kill a fuckton of mobs to finish them.) I dinged, got Mangle and logged off.

Last night, because of the freak blizzard that blew through here last night (it's the end of fucking March, weather, stop it!), I was losing power on and off a few times. Since I had already gotten kicked out of the H HoR I had just killed the first boss to and was saved on my Shaman, I decided I shouldn't run any more dungeons for a bit. So I hopped on my Druid to check out what Mangle actually *did* in the field.

Holy shit it's nice. I'm definitely curious if my performance in our grouping is going to go up, but that'll have to wait until all 3 of us are playing. I run with a Destro Lock and an Enhancement Shaman. They were pulling like 180dps on average through our nights of blowing through quests while I was sitting at maybe 120dps. I felt kind of gimped. Even when I would stealth/solo mobs to get caught up and got to do my full rotation, I only *maybe* got up to 180dps myself.

But just running around with Mangle last night (and not worrying about stealth), I was easily over 200dps and up to about 250dps. I'm still going to have to see what it's like when I'm actually group killing with my friends, but still, pretty good improvement.

Now I'm starting to wonder if I should go ahead and spring for dual spec now and set up a pure cat spec with glyphs and a pure bear spec with glyphs. Right now I'm running a kind of hybrid between the two. The specs wouldn't be *that* different yet I suppose, the main thing is the glyphs. Right now I just have Maul on for bear form because I am the tank when we decided to hop into dungeons (and I do plan to be able to tank if I get this character to 80). But for leveling outside of dungeons with kitty, glyph of Mangle is looking pretty nice.

So I don't know, but kittying is starting to go well I'd say.

Dranyth on
    edited March 2010
    For leveling up and sometimes tanking instances, I'd probably go something like this at that level, no need to dual spec. Try to get Agi/Stam or Str/Stam on most of your gear, and if any of the three of you has enchanting the +5 stamina bracer and boot enchants are plenty cheap.

Biffoniacus on
    edited March 2010
    Just checked that spec, and I'm actually using something *very* close to it right now. I don't have Nuturing Instinct at all, I *do* have Shredding Attacks, for some reason. I only have 3/5 Heart of the Wild and the other two points are finishing out 3/3 Protector of the Pack instead.

I'd *love* to have both Maul and Mangle glyphs of course, but I don't get my second major until 60 I do believe.

Dranyth on
    edited March 2010
    Major glyph spots are gained at level 10, 30, and 80, minor glyph spots are gained at 20, 50, and 70.

Biffoniacus on
    edited March 2010
    Hmmmm... what the *fuck* do I have glyphed I wonder?

Ahhh, Maul and Rip are what I have glyphed right now. Well good, I can swap the Mangle glyph I just made and sent over to my druid in for Rip. I was just figuring I'd send it over to have it on hand in general.

Dranyth on
    edited March 2010
    I'm thinking about taking imp mangle out of my cat spec now.

forty on
  • danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Think my dps is sorted. Got 2 piece t10 and a new 232 offhand, though still got the old 219 mainhand. My damage was a lot better. Think movement fights were screwing me over last few weeks so I tried moving as little as possible.

Starfall is even more fun now. We killed festergut in 3m34s on 10m allowing 3 starfalls, it was ~9.5% my damage. On Dreamwalker and other add fights it's pretty damn amazing.

danx on
    edited March 2010
    forty wrote: »
    I'm thinking about taking imp mangle out of my cat spec now.

Yeah it's a consideration. What will you put the extra 3 points in though?

shadowane on
This discussion has been closed.