As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad Company 2: Objective bravo is getting kicked!

• MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    strategery wrote: »
    I just love how all the complaints come from the PC side. Apparently DICE is better at making console versions of their games work. I've never had a single problem since they expanded their servers a couple weeks ago. Stats update nicely, latency is never a problem, and the guns have all been great.

Guess 360 was the right choice :P

People are just bitchy. The refuse to believe that they were bested in a legitimate fight. Perhaps weird glitches are present, but 90% of the complaints are people justifying their failures.

It is why people claim the dice cheat in Civ games (too the point where they now make a PRNG that is modified to make things more akin to what a player imagines the odds to be.

In other words, the PC version is fine once they got the server crap fixed. People just complain.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • deusxanimedeusxanime Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If they would just put in KB+mouse support, I'd probably stop PC gaming and switch to my PS3. I mean they have bluetooth and USB ports, just do it!! Until that time, PC will be my FPS platform. I tried PS3 during the BC2 beta late last year just to check it out, oh god am I bad with a console controller.

deusxanime on
    RecliningBuddha.png
  • JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Machismo wrote: »
    strategery wrote: »
    I just love how all the complaints come from the PC side. Apparently DICE is better at making console versions of their games work. I've never had a single problem since they expanded their servers a couple weeks ago. Stats update nicely, latency is never a problem, and the guns have all been great.

Guess 360 was the right choice :P

People are just bitchy. The refuse to believe that they were bested in a legitimate fight. Perhaps weird glitches are present, but 90% of the complaints are people justifying their failures.

It is why people claim the dice cheat in Civ games (too the point where they now make a PRNG that is modified to make things more akin to what a player imagines the odds to be.

In other words, the PC version is fine once they got the server crap fixed. People just complain.

Oh man I am so fucking pumped for Civ V it is just ridiculous. I haven't ever even played any civ game other than FreeCiv.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Lt. FraggLt. Fragg Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    deusxanime wrote: »
    If they would just put in KB+mouse support, I'd probably stop PC gaming and switch to my PS3. I mean they have bluetooth and USB ports, just do it!! Until that time, PC will be my FPS platform. I tried PS3 during the BC2 beta late last year just to check it out, oh god am I bad with a console controller.

Certainly takes getting used to for sure.

I used to PC game for years and years. Finally I couldn't keep up with the upgrades in order to play my favourite games, and had a great opportunity to pick up a 360 for a good price. I swear I sucked for like half a year getting used to console FPS's but now I've gotten very comfortable with it.

If i could afford it, and had more time to dedicate to gaming, I'd be back on PC. I just plop down after work to kill time, and the odd spot on the weekend when my wife is at work so console works for me.

Lt. Fragg on
  • AMonkeyInPyjamasAMonkeyInPyjamas Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So double headshot with one m24 bullet in the lighthouse last night. I was like "wait, why is there so much white text.. holy... what!".

It was balanced out by trying to flip a helicopter for a rotary kill, only to miss and jump out on to an exploding oil drum. Totally an awesome game.

AMonkeyInPyjamas on
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I got the 50 Double Kills patch while running around with a red dotted M95. *blam* "Hah, gotcha!...oh shit really?"

Arrath on
  • RageRage Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Successfully navigated the UAV into the lighthouse on Valp, and managed to get it up to the top window and commenced with multiple murders via MCOM Hellfire and chaingunning the recons hiding under the porches and docks.

Whoever likened the game to the love\frustrate\hate\love again of golf was spot-on.

Rage on
  • deusxanimedeusxanime Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It was balanced out by trying to flip a helicopter for a rotary kill, only to miss and jump out on to an exploding oil drum. Totally an awesome game.

That is an extreme way to do a rotor kill! I think it'd be easier to just tilt it and take someone out while flying forward. Kinda like that one zombie movie where the pilot gets pissed off and takes out a horde of zombies with his chopper.

deusxanime on
    RecliningBuddha.png
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just headshotted a Blackhawk pilot and doorgunner on Isla Innocentes. I feel incredibly badass right now.

Hacksaw on
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Just headshotted a Blackhawk pilot and doorgunner on Isla Innocentes. I feel incredibly badass right now.

I still am confused by how this happens.

What kind of shitty pilot flies in such a way that headshotting them would even feel like a remote possibility enough to take the shot?

Do they just hover/fly in a straight, unchanging line at a slow pace?

Khavall on
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Rage wrote: »
    Successfully navigated the UAV into the lighthouse on Valp, and managed to get it up to the top window and commenced with multiple murders via MCOM Hellfire and chaingunning the recons hiding under the porches and docks.

Whoever likened the game to the love\frustrate\hate\love again of golf was spot-on.

I always watch recon attackers grab a chopper and bail out at the top of the lighthouse to snipe the 1st (and sometimes) second defender bases. There isn't any way of getting up there on foot so the only way to clear them out is counter-snipe (but better get all of them because it's usually a squad of 3) or better yet, a mortar strike or two.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Das Ubermensch has a K/D of 0.84 right now, which is better than >Warcry<. I have unlocked the XM8, 870 and Saiga. I will continue to poopsock tomorrow, as I was supposed to be in bed well over 3 hours ago.

Warcry on
  • SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Khavall wrote: »

What kind of shitty pilot flies in such a way that headshotting them would even feel like a remote possibility enough to take the shot?

good sniper wouldn't let the chopper's movement hinder them

Senshi on
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

Never going to happen. Consoles are for living rooms, and living rooms are incompatible with K+M.
    At least this is the prevailing viewpoint on the subject.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
    edited March 2010
    Senshi wrote: »

Unless they changed all the sniper rifles to hitscan last night, I don't see how. You can make the chopper dance while still providing a pretty good gunner platform. I mean, I know most pilots are still having problems with the idea of getting the thing off the ground, but if you're flying smoothly and slowly enough that a sniper can actually headshot you out of the chopper you need to learn to fly the thing.

Khavall on
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Senshi wrote: »

Unless they changed all the sniper rifles to hitscan last night, I don't see how. You can make the chopper dance while still providing a pretty good gunner platform. I mean, I know most pilots are still having problems with the idea of getting the thing off the ground, but if you're flying smoothly and slowly enough that a sniper can actually headshot you out of the chopper you need to learn to fly the thing.

Well, if you see a helicopter and it has a pilot, you might as well be taking potshots. It's pretty common to miss, but sometimes you get lucky. And sometimes you get really lucky and snipe out more than just the pilot.

But new pilots that just kind of hover there are wonderful free kills.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Plus, everyone shoots at the Blackhawk, someone's bound to hit it.

Most pilots are dancing around the trails from rockets, not wookies hiding in buildings and bushes.\

edit: People rightly fear the Hind though, that thing is Death from above. I wish there was another map with it instead of the Apache.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • grambogrambo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

That sir, is awesome. Must try that tonight.

grambo on
    grambo..png
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So about shooting out the pilot, is it something that can only be done with a sniper rifle or can the .50 MG do it too?

jefe414 on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Chopping people up with the UAV rotor blades is fun times

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited March 2010
    jefe414 wrote: »
    So about shooting out the pilot, is it something that can only be done with a sniper rifle or can the .50 MG do it too?
    Every gun in the game can do it. Even pistols.

Senshi on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Port Valdez this morning. Attacking. I hit up the ATV and zip right into the construction building behind Point B. I get a couple of knives in a row and someone with a terrible Live name gets me.

He basically eases up the stairs until he sees me and then shoots me. I could only see the very top of his head. He, apparently, can see more of me because his bullets fly from under the concrete and kill me. I was pissed but there were plenty of much better places to hide.

He goes to tea bag me and BAM. One of my team mates head shot him. Laughter.

So I get in the UAV a few times and specifically target this guy. Get a few kills.

Hop on ATV. Scoot down hill and get into the same place. There's the jackass. Knife. Teabag. Hide. He spawns about 10 feet from me and I knife him as B blows and the level gets pushed back.

Sheep on
    edited March 2010

I've only gotten two road kills with the UAV. Seems really spastic. I mean, sometimes the guy will be sitting there and I'll just fly right through them.
    People rightly fear the Hind though, that thing is Death from above. I wish there was another map with it instead of the Apache.

The Hind is the one with the one gun bubble on the bottom, right? No missiles or anything?

Sheep on
    edited March 2010
    haha people teabag in battlefield

that's like putting a neon sign above your head and asking to be shot

Senshi on
    edited March 2010
    Quick question.

The VIP maps. Will the eventually open up for everyone for free or do I need to call up EA and badger them about the VIP pass I didn't get?

Sheep on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sheep wrote: »

I've only gotten two road kills with the UAV. Seems really spastic. I mean, sometimes the guy will be sitting there and I'll just fly right through them.
    People rightly fear the Hind though, that thing is Death from above. I wish there was another map with it instead of the Apache.

The Hind is the one with the one gun bubble on the bottom, right? No missiles or anything?

Yep. Gun bubble of doom that spits out the equivalent of 40mm grenades as near as I can tell.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What map is that chopper on? Can't say I've run into it yet.

Arrath on
  • cm83cm83 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    grambo wrote: »

That sir, is awesome. Must try that tonight.

Moments like that are why this game is so addictive.

cm83 on
    OkieMurse.png
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

That is an extreme way to do a rotor kill! I think it'd be easier to just tilt it and take someone out while flying forward. Kinda like that one zombie movie where the pilot gets pissed off and takes out a horde of zombies with his chopper.

I once bailed out of a MCOM suicide Blackhawk, only that it didn't explode, and I landed on its rotors. I actually stayed up there for a good 7 seconds, killing someone from up there as well. Then it exploded.

Also, last night I killed some PAer that was piloting the BH, with my M60. It's not that hard to lead an LMG.

Satsumomo on
    edited March 2010
    Arrath wrote: »

Jungle level with the really really unbalanced first set of MCOMs.

How do you get the E Tu, Brute achievement? Hardcore only?

Sheep on
  • cm83cm83 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I don't think so. I have a few kills towards it and I never have played Hardcore. You just have to knife people on your in-game friends list (PC). Not sure how friends lists work on consoles.

cm83 on
    OkieMurse.png
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

He was flying straight in a predictable path. Lined up my crosshair, pulled the trigger, and watched his chopper and his body fall through the air and plunge into the waiting sea.

Hacksaw on
    edited March 2010
    cm83 wrote: »

I don't think so. I have a few kills towards it and I never have played Hardcore. You just have to knife people on your in-game friends list (PC). Not sure how friends lists work on consoles.

Same on the 360. If anyone from your friend list is on the other team, STAB THEM! Normal or Hardcore is unimportant.

jefe414 on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Best thing is having a helicopter get hit by mortars

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Sharp10rSharp10r Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So my friend and I play in the mornings (sometime between 8-11AM EST) and could use a third or even 4th in our squad. It's not a regular thing, and sometimes the phone rings with business calls pulling us away- but if anyone wants to play with us, friend me. (360 gamertag SharpTenor) Oh yeah- we're not great, but apparently good enough to make a positive difference for the team.

Oh and still no Dr. Pepper promotion?!? grr.

Sharp10r on
    edited March 2010
    Quick question.

The VIP maps. Will the eventually open up for everyone for free or do I need to call up EA and badger them about the VIP pass I didn't get?

Afaik you will have access to these maps within 30 or so days of original release, or that's what they said.

Shouldn't be too long anyway, but might as well fire off another email to EA - can't hurt! :)

Try checking the Store, they might have a date of release in there.

Lt. Fragg on
    edited March 2010
    Is it possible to play on opposite teams on the 360 version?

Sheep on
    edited March 2010
    Is it possible to play on opposite teams on the 360 version?

When I try to join my friend already in a game, it usually puts me on the other team, you could give that a shot.

Lt. Fragg on
  • shorttiminshorttimin regular Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Man, I've been trying to get roadkill with the UAV for days! How and where did you do it? Also, I need to knife 5 of you guys. just stand still for a minute, will you?

edit: also, I don't know why people are complaining about the pistols being weak. I was on some conquest with some PA guys last night and that's all I used! unlocked the rex, now I need 5 kills with that.

shorttimin on
    edited March 2010
    Oh man, I got my knife pin yesterday in a hilarious moment.

Saw one dude near an objective, ran over and pistoled him nearly to death, finished with the knife. Of course, as soon as he was down, I noticed a medic and recon facing me and another recon who was looking the other way. Lunged at the Medic and tore him a new one while he almost killed me with the M60, then the recon was allllmost ready with his pistol but I was close enough to knife him, then I leisurely took out the recon who wasn't paying attention.

Then somewhere else in the match I got another knife, but getting 4 in about 5 seconds was awesome

Khavall on
This discussion has been closed.